Heart 24

I Want to Have Your Heart

Chorong looked at the tombstone in front of her emotionlessly. She didn’t know what to feel. Was she supposed to cry endlessly like how she did years ago? Was she supposed to shout and yell like the past years?

          It was his second death anniversary but she actually came there at least once in a month. She always missed him and she knew she would always miss him. The time that they shared together was short but it left a deep memory to be remembered in her mind.

          She always asked him the same question over and over again. Why did he leave her this early when she wasn’t ready to lose him? Why didn’t he think of her when he decided to do that? Wasn’t her someone important in his life?

          She crouched down as her hand slowly reached for the tombstone. It felt like he was there with her. Yes, she knew his spirit was with her and watched her. She shouldn’t let her tears to drop anymore. She had had enough of crying. She was sick of crying. She didn’t want to be weak anymore. Two years had changed her into a stronger lady.

          “Lee Hoya, do you even know how do I live without you all this time? Do you know how many tears have been dropping from my eyes? I can accept the fact that you’re dead but I just can’t overcome the fact you sacrificed your life just for him. Did you even think about me when you decided that?” she asked as the breezy wind brushed off with her long hair.

          Her memory started to play what happened on two years ago bit by bit. She could never forget it no matter how hard she tried.

          It was the night where Woohyun had his car accident. Hoya just arrived home after sending Chorong home when he received a call from Sungyeol; telling him that their best friend; Nam Woohyun involved in an accident and he was currently in a terrible state at the hospital.

          Without waiting for Sungyeol’s further explanation, Lee Hoya rushed out to go to the hospital as quick as he could. He didn’t want something bad to happen to Woohyun. He loved and cared for his best friend so much though there were always conflicts happened amongst them. He felt bad for arguing with Woohyun earlier.

          “Hoya-ah.”

          He heard a familiar voice was calling out his name. The voice was so close to him but he thought he was only dreaming. It couldn’t be her, right?

          “Lee Hoya, I’m right beside you. Please, look at me once. I need to talk with you,” the voice pleaded.

          He didn’t want to listen to her. But finally he still looked at the passenger seat beside him. He was totally shocked to find her; Lee Minyoung. He was sure he was only hallucinating. She couldn’t just appear right now.

          “No, you’re not hallucinating. It’s really me, Minyoung. But not fully me, it’s my spirit,” she explained as she read what was going on through his head. She knew she was being impossible to appear in such a false timing.

          “W-What are you doing here?” Hoya asked as he bewilderedly looked at her before focusing his gaze again on the road. He tried his best to control the situation.

          “First of all, I’m sorry. I know the thing that I am going to say is kind of ridiculous but I have no choice,” she began as she looked away from him.

          “What is it?” Hoya required worriedly. Minyoung’s spirit looked anxious so he couldn’t remain calm too.

          “I have to take one of you with me,” she breathed as she continued, “... to the other world.”

          Hoya froze on his seat. What was Minyoung saying? Did she mean either him or Woohyun’s life need to be taken? What crap was Minyoung sprouting?

          “What are you saying, Minyoung? This is ridiculous! Either I or Woohyun will agree to this. Please, Minyoung. That was the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard from you,” he furiously alleged.

          “I know, Hoya! But as I said earlier, I have no choice but to do that! Please let me, Hoya,” she was at the verge of crying.

          “Did you talk to Woohyun about it?” he asked with a sigh.

          “I did,” she shortly answered.

          “I bet he didn’t agree that’s why you went to me, right?” he raised an eyebrow at her.

          “Good if you know. You know that idiot is sure a hard-headed silly. He told me he didn’t want to die yet. Not until he finally gets what he wants,” Minyoung heaved a deep sigh.

          Hoya stiffened. What Woohyun wanted? “Is it to win Chorong’s heart?”

          Minyoung nodded her head. “Yes, Hoya. He wants to have Chorong’s heart no matter what it takes him. He seems like he can’t give it up. He’s being deadly serious about winning her heart. Don’t you think, it’s time to give him what he’s been wanting for?” she tried to provoke him.

          Hoya kept quiet. Should he? Giving up his love for his best friend? At least he’d still have Minyoung. But his heart loved Chorong so much. Was it worth him to sacrifice for Woohyun? Was it worth him to lose his valuable Chorong just to give the almost dying Woohyun a chance?

          Minyoung knew Hoya was thinking miserably at the moment. But Lee Hoya that she knew wasn’t a selfish person. Deep in her heart, of course she didn’t want Hoya to say yes but it was too hard for her to get Woohyun to say yes. She realised how Hoya’s eyes twinkled in happiness whenever he was with Chorong. And it seemed like Chorong loved Hoya so much that she wouldn’t bear to lose him. Lord, why did you arrange such a fate for this couple. She sighed again.

          Hoya tightened his seize on the steering wheel. His girlfriend, Park Chorong or his best friend, Nam Woohyun? He didn’t want to be selfish but this whole thing was too stupid for him. Which way should he choose? But he pitied Minyoung. She seemed to be suffering as well.

          “Take me with you, Minyoung-ah,” he uttered those words in a breath.

          With that, the car lost control as it hit the road divider a few times and collided with a van.

          “I’m sorry, Chorong-ah,” he mumbled as if he was seeing a crying Chorong who was looking at him with pain and disappointment.

                                                          -

Chorong ran to the emergency room with all the energy she had after getting down from Serri’s car.

          When she arrived, all she saw was Infinite’s hurtful expressions and Mrs. Lee was collapsing on the ground while shouting her son’s name. Mr. Lee tried to comfort his wife but he was crying as well. Then she looked at another corner where Mrs. Nam was sobbing regretfully in Mr. Nam’s embrace.

          “Give me back my son, Hoya! My son isn’t died yet! You must have been wrong, doctor! He can’t die! Hoya is still alive!” Mrs. Lee continued to cry and yell.

          Chorong felt her heart dropped when she heard that. Her boyfriend was dead? Lee Hoya wasn’t breathing anymore? For god’s sake she was with him; laughing and being happy just hours ago and now, he had been gone forever? This was a mistake! She was dreaming! This was just a nightmare.

          She felt her tears were rolling down her cheeks uncontrollably. Why must him? Why must the man that she loved? Her head felt heavy as if the world was crashing down. Her world was crashing down to the end. Gradually, her sight became blurred as she collapsed onto the cold floor.

                                                          -

The memory was too painful. Every time she thought of it, her heart ached. The short memories of them were haunting her. She wanted to be with him for eternity. But it was too late. He was no longer here.

          She got up and turned around to go. She didn’t want to be there anymore. She didn’t want him to see her falling tears. As she walked a few steps, a hoarse voice called out her name.

          “Chorong-ah. It’s really you,” he said with a surprise voice.

          Chorong became rigid at her place when she looked at him. It was him; Nam Woohyun. Her eyes went to his chest and her own heart started to feel the longing pain; because inside his chest, there was Hoya’s heart with him. And his left kidney was also Hoya’s. She looked away at the wounding view and continued her steps.

          “Chorong-ah, can’t you just forgive me?” Woohyun took her hand softly as he stared at her pretty face. She just got prettier especially with her new bangs and he realised her cheeks weren’t that chubby anymore.

          “I’ve done that, Nam Woohyun. I’ve forgave you if that is what you really want. I’m sorry but I have to go now,” she said without looking at him as she pulled her hand away from his grip. She didn’t get the feeling of protected with Woohyun’s grip, just like two years ago. It seemed like he could never be the one to have her heart.

          Woohyun could only stare at Chorong’s disappearing figure. ‘Why can’t I have your heart, even now?’

                                                          -

 

Chorong was staring at the dark night sky from the Han River. There wasn’t any single star; just like her heart. She chose a hidden spot and there weren’t people there near her.

          That was why she decided to do ‘that’. A year ago, when she finally accepted Hoya’s death, she did ‘that’ to release her stress. And now, she was going to do it again at the same place. She closed her eyes and took a long breath.

          “AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” she let out a loud scream for a few seconds. But she wasn’t satisfied yet. She wanted to do it again. She didn’t care if she would lose her voice the next morning.

          “Aaarghh—ummpffhhh!” Her voice was muffled when someone covered from behind. She tried to get away but he was so strong. She wanted to cry so bad at the moment. Why did he want to kidnap her though? She wasn’t even rich or popular.

          “You better shut up if you don’t want me to throw you into the river,” he threatened but his voice sounded melodious in Chorong’s ear.

          All Chorong did was nodding her head. Then her so-called kidnapper let go of her. She looked at him and he stared back at her before he frowned.

          “It’s you again! Last year it was also you who shouted like a mad woman here! Aish this is so frustrating!” his face showed displeased.

          “Do you even know it’s illegal to be here after 10pm? You even make a noise aish what if I get caught again because of you—”

          Chorong could only hear blah-blah-blah when the guy continued to blabber. She blinked her eyes. Now she didn’t feel scared of him anymore. Just then, she saw his small eyes widened.

          “Hey you kids!” a voice shouted not far from them.

          “Oh shoot! It’s that bulldog uncle again! We gotta run fast!” he said to her as he pulled her hand together with him when he saw Chorong was frozen.

          Chorong was about to ask but she just kept her questions as she ran along with him who dragged her together. She glanced back and saw the guard was panting hard as he could only reach his hand to them.

          She didn’t realise that that guy stopped running already. Her face suddenly collided with his well-built chest as she squeaked. She didn’t know why but she felt protected in his warm chest. It was the safe and sound feeling that she had been longing for in a guy.

          Chorong lifted up her face and her eyes bored into his deep eyes. He was also staring at her brown eyes. They shared a long staring moment underneath the moonlight. It seemed like their eyes were communicating with each other.

    

          Was he the one who had the key to her heart?

          Yes, she thought the right guy to have her heart was him.

 

 

 

=

 

THE END (; Thanks for reading. I know this story isn't as nice as the other story but well I tried my best. Wants a sequel? (Lol what am I talking about?) I'm sorry the ending has to be this way. I just want to achieve my target to complete my stories before my trial exam so please do understand me ('; Well, I'm truly sorry for all WooRong and Horong shippers! I didn't mean to end it this way but I just have to :c But well, do you like the final pairing? (; Well yes, I love them even though Chorong is older than Hyunsik but oh well I don't care about age much aha.

Once again, thanks for all my readers who have been so supportive! I'm sorry again for the long hiatus. And I'm sorry if this story has so many flaws. I'm just a normal human ya know ;_; And sorry too for my grammatical errors and typos oh well I'm too lazy to double check ;-; Thanks for viewing this story. And please do pray for me so I can do my best in my exam in November ;;

And let's give our full support to Apink's comeback!

INSPIRIT! PINK PANDA! PINKSPIRIT! FIGHTING!

 

Xoxo,

aailiz ;*