Heart 22

I Want to Have Your Heart

Sunggyu was preparing himself to go to the celebration party for the newly heavenly couple; Lee Hoya and Park Chorong. As he was about to wear his wristwatch, his phone beeped.

          He took his phone which was put on the dressing table and unlocked it. It was a text message from Hoya. What did Hoya want though? Curious, he opened the text to read its content.

          I can’t reach Woohyun. Can you do me a favour? I want him to be there at our party too, so I guess you know what to do now. Thanks.

          That was the content. Sunggyu let out a sigh. He was so excited to meet Yookyung and now he had a task to do. He scratched his head in confusion. So Hoya wanted him to bring Woohyun to the party too? How would he do that?

          That Woohyun guy sure was too stubborn right now. He wouldn’t listen to people, not even him, the closest friend to Woohyun. Could he persuade Woohyun to come over too.

          “Kim Sunggyu, you’re the king of everything. Let’s prove that you really suit that title. Seducing Woohyun will be easy. Kyuzizi, let’s do this!” he pumped his fist in the air as he looked at his teddy bear named Kyuzizi. Well, it was given by that idiot Lee Sungjong anyway. He couldn’t believe he was calling that teddy bear as Kyuzizi as well.

          He face-palmed. “You’re screwed, Kim Sunggyu.”

 

                                                          -

Sunggyu parked his green motorcycle in front of the Nam family’s double storey house. He rang the bell once. Then he pressed it over and over again. The reason why he did that wasn’t because he was that retarded with a bell, but well you would know it later or maybe sooner...

          A woman around 40’s came out from the house and walked to the gate smiling. It turned out to be Mrs. Nam.

          “Pretty auntie!” Sunggyu shamelessly called for her loudly as he waved to his best friend’s mother.

          Mrs. Nam laughed at Sunggyu’s childishness. She opened the gate for him to enter. “I can already acknowledge you from the way you rang the bell, Sunggyu-deul. There’s no one else except for you who loves to play with our bell.”

          Sunggyu grinned proudly. Well, why was he even grinning proudly wasn’t for us to find out. He entered the house normally since he was used to come over to Woohyun’s house.

          “Where’s Woohyun, auntie?” He looked around the house with his small eyes. Usually, whenever he came there, the probability for Woohyun to play video games was 7 over 10.

          There was a sigh came from Mrs. Nam. It was a very deep sigh which made Sunggyu’s head turn to her in a snap.

          “What’s wrong with him?” he asked even though he thought he actually knew the answer. Yet he probably knew better than what Mrs. Nam knew.

          “I also don’t know, son. He has been acting strange in these few days. I mean, he’s not himself anymore. It seems like he has lost his confidence. He looks like he just lost something’s valuable. I don’t think this is related to that Nana girl since it’s over between them, right? Do you somehow know something, Sunggyu? You can just tell me,” Mrs. Nam tried to read him. She could feel there was something that Sunggyu knew since he was his son’s best best friend.

          Sunggyu hesitated. To be completely honest, he didn’t even understand the situation well. “It’s complicated, auntie. I’m still trying to figure out this whole situation,” he sighed.

          Mrs. Nam just nodded her head. She could only hope for her son to be his usual self back even though he wasn’t that nice of a person. “How about if you try to persuade him, Sunggyu-deul? I know you can do it. He’ll eventually listen to you if you provoke him well. He barely comes out from his room. He hasn’t coming out from his room ever since he came back from school this evening. I’ve been knocking his door for numerous times but he didn’t even answer me or open the door. Please, persuade him for me,” she looked like she was about to burst into tears in a second.

          Sunggyu panicked. Woohyun was so going to kill him if he made his mum cry. “I-I’ll try, auntie. But I can’t promise you anything,” he said with his small eyes turned bigger.

          “It’s okay. You should go to his room now,” Mrs. Nam told him with a motherly smile.

          He nodded and bowed 30° to Mrs. Nam. He went to Woohyun’s room upstairs and took a few moments standing in front of the door doing nothing. He cleared his throat and breathed and when he was about to knock the door, Woohyun’s face popped out instead of the blank wooden door.

          Sunggyu smiled in delight to see Woohyun; completely alive in front of him though he looked... not that organised like the usual neat and clean Woohyun. He was also still in his school uniform.

          “Did my mum tell you to come here?” he still had his voice which made Sunggyu felt glad.

          “No. I come with my own will,” he proudly answered even though the answer wasn’t that 100% true. He should be saying it was because of Hoya but how could he say that? If he mentioned Hoya’s name, his nose probably broke by now. Even though his nose wasn’t as perfect as Myungsoo’s, but this Kim Sunggyu guy treasured every single part of his body.

          “But why?” Woohyun asked.

          Sunggyu felt guilty. Should he talk to him about it or not? He knew Hoya and the others really wanted Woohyun to attend their party but how could he say it in a right way?

          “Well, you know... Hoya and Chorong, they’ll be holding a party which starts around 30 minutes from now to celebrate their umm... relationship. He wants me to bring you to the party. It feels uncompleted if one of us is missing in an event, right? So that’s why...”

          “Forget it. I’m not going. And Kim Sunggyu, you’re that dumb to be asking me such questions,” Woohyun glared at Sunggyu as he slammed the door shut right in front of Sunggyu’s eyes, and mostly nose but fortunately for Sunggyu, he got a little time to save his not-that-precious-nose.

          “Luckily for me I really expected that or my nose will be broken by now and you’ll have to pay for my new nose that will be more perfect than Myungsoo’s and yours, do you know that?!” he shouted out loud in front of the door.

          But then, the door suddenly opened; revealing Nam Woohyun once again. But this time, Sunggyu quickly backed away in case if Woohyun threw anything to him.

          Woohyun stared at the older guy in front of him with his emotionless eyes. “Accompany me for a drink.”

          Sunggyu knitted his eyebrows in confusion. His brain was loading the data.

          “You’re not going to the party, so does me. So let’s have a drink together,” Woohyun said as he dragged Sunggyu with him.

          When his brain finally understood fully what Woohyun told him, Sunggyu felt like crying. But he knew he had no other choice but to agree with Nam Woohyun or his eyes would get smaller by tomorrow.

 

                                                 -

 

It turned out to be Sunggyu who drank more than Woohyun. He was frustrated because he couldn’t meet his goddess Yookyung because of a jerk called Nam Woohyun. Why did he get himself an idiot as a best friend? It was because he was an idiot too.

          “I should stop drinking, right? Woohyun-ah, I’m getting drunk,” Sunggyu laughed drunkenly as he poured another glass of beer and gulped it down in a go.

          Even though it was Woohyun’s idea to go there, but he didn’t even finish a glass yet. He had good alcohol tolerance which was way better than Sunggyu but his mind was so mixed up at that time that he didn’t want to mess himself more.

          Sunggyu’s phone rang suddenly. The drunken guy stopped drinking and put his glass down on the table as he took out his phone from his pocket recklessly. His small eyes got smaller and even disappeared when he tried to look at the caller ID.

          “Hello, this is Sunggyu. I’m drinking at the usual place and you know what, I think the liquor got much tastier here tonight. I feel like I don’t want to leave soon,” he laughed again; even weirder than how a hamster laughed. Err did hamster even laugh though?

          He accidentally pressed the loudspeaker button so Woohyun could hear the caller’s voice.

          “Err, hyung? Where are you though? Why aren’t you coming yet? And about Woohyun, did you get to persuade him to come?” it was Hoya. Woohyun suddenly boiled up to hear his voice but he tried to stop himself from any unwanted outburst.

          “Yah Lee Hoya! Do you know that I can’t come to your party tonight? I’m not going to come, you heard me? Who the heck is Woohyun? You mean that moron Nam Woohyun? He’s currently drunk you know,” he laughed unconsciously and put his phone on the table as he continued with a sad voice, “Tell my Yookyung baby that I can’t make it up to her tonight. Enjoy yourself and Rongrong. It’s your night, okay?” he snickered at the phone.

          “Hyung, are you okay? You don’t sound okay to me,” Hoya’s voice sounded worry on the other line.

          Just then, a soft voice chimed, “What did Sunggyu say? Is he coming or not? And what’s with the okay thingy?” yes, it was her; Park Chorong.

          Woohyun’s heart skipped a beat just by hearing Chorong’s voice. Before he could hear any reply from Hoya, he quickly ended the call and even shut down Sunggyu’s phone. The drunken Sunggyu didn’t even realise what Woohyun did.

          Woohyun knew he had to do something. His heart couldn’t seem to let her go fully; at least not yet or he knew he wouldn’t and couldn’t do that forever. Remembering what happened to Minyoung sickened him. He felt he couldn’t back away in this tight competition.

          He was once lost to Lee Hoya. And why should he lose to him twice? He needed to be taught the meaning of losing. He couldn’t stay and be the champion always. He had to be at the bottom sometimes. Winning once didn’t mean he’s the real champion.

          Woohyun was determined this time. He wanted Chorong as his lady. He wanted to have her; no matter what did it take to it.

          ‘Park Chorong, I’m going to have your heart soon.’

 

 

-

Hey people (: I updated this specially since Apink released their a long-awaited comeback teaser today. It feels like a dream. And our girls have definitely gotten prettier, don't they? (: It seems like our girls are back as spring girls like Mollayo era. But sadly it's 6 instead of 7. I'm still happy tho because they don't add new member but well, it feels so wrong to see Apink as 6 :'c Let's hope for the best for Apink, shall we?

And for those who live in Malaysia, beware of the haze and don't forget to wear your mask outside. It's so hard to breathe, isn't it? :( Let's pray that the haze will soon go away.

Do leave your lovely comment because I need to know who are still with me (';