My Truth

It's Your Day

Are you curious, Reader? One Hot Update served! Forgot about the before chapter's story? Let's see the last sentences of previous chaps now, shall we? :)

Last Chap:

"Don't you ever do that...again" I heard he gritted his teeth, it's an order. "What?!" As clueless as he thought, "Ignoring me. Don't ever do that" He put stress on the last sentence. I nodded. I his hair carefully, to my surprise, he has a very nice quality hair. I curled smile.

 

*****

 

It's a new day already

 

I sat up on the edge of my bed, searching for him. He told me not to ignore him, but he was freely roaming around the hospital, without anyone noticing. I get on my feet, dragged myself to clean. After finished all the business around the bathroom, I came out. Sniffling a taste of hot coffee, I saw him. He is real, so real that my minds numb by getting near him now. He waved at me then raising a cup, offering me. "Hot chocolate?"

 

I smiled. Quickly, I took a sip. Burned sensation tingling in my bud of taste as I let out a steam of relieve. He folded the newspaper, "Wooyoung, I've got a surprise" My eyebrow raised but I can feel that excitement covering my limbs. I never like surprises, it made me...surprised. But, I think that Nichkhun will give me a kinda different surprise. He took my cup of chocolate and put it in a safer place than my hand. "No, I don't want you to break the glass" He reasoned out. I couldn't care less than it should be about the cup, I just want to know the surprise. But, I've got a bad feeling around this.

 

He walked to the cabinet, opened and choosing some clothes. "Go to change. We'll take a stroll"

 

*****

 

I waited outside the hospital, rewinding the scene at my room.

 

"What?!" He seemed annoyed, "You don't need to yell like that"

"I wasn't going to yell, b-but this is...shocking" He chuckled, "Of course, this is a surprise, after all"

"But, I'm shocked, not surprised. You could tell me that you have a shocking news for me, not just a surprise" He shrugged it off. And told me to hurry up, "I'll be waiting at the lobby"

 

But here I am. No, not at the lobby, but outside the hospital. The breeze was playing with my hair, whispering howl to my ears, kicking the dried brown leaves up and down. This is why I like fall. Although, today's rather colder than usual. Nichkhun? He's dealing with the hospital regulation and administration. Don't ask me how, I'm about to, anyway. He called my name and approaching me slowly. He looked even better in the trench coat, suited his brunette hair and autumn. Well, he looked better with any clothes, maybe even better if without--

 

"What are you thinking?" I beat my erted thought down, flashed him a genuine smile and walked away, hiding my face, beet red. Do I like him? Was that weird? Will he be disgusted if it is true? The question swirled fast in my mind flowing to my stomach, splat into butterflies. He came up next to me. "Where are we going?" I've taken aback. "Yeah, where are we going? You know, I was new to this world. Never crossed in my mind to take a stroll with someone on earth" I chuckled, happy to be the one who guide an angel to stroll on earth.

 

"We'll go to ddeokbokki stand, I bet you never tried that before" I pulled his hand and merrily walked. He smiled at my attitude, despite of my age. We sat down, waiting for two servings of ddeokbokki. The tasty smell had seduced both mine and his stomach to growl. He laughed when the sound of hunger came from his belly. "I never know that just from the smell, I could feel hungry already. I never knew how hungry felt before" He continue to laugh, but not for me. It wasn't a funny material, it'll became a full course interview if I wanted to ask every single question in my head. Or maybe I should?

 

"Nichkhun?" He's facing me, waiting for me to continue. "Are you an angel...?" He chuckled as if that question were asked so many times already and he even no need to answer that, before I add, "...now?" His chuckling grew smaller to none, leaving him with silence. His troubled feature made me realized that there are some question that need no answer. "Oh, sorry. Just forg--"

 

"No" Interrupted by the truth, I stopped. He's clearing his throat, "Apparently, I wasn't an angel right now" He paused and I took a breath, almost forgotten how to. He genuinely smiled, "I'm a demi-angel, half human half angel. The worst breed ever in angel race" I really dumped my memory of words cause none of them were able to escape my mouth. "B-but, you said that you're my death angel..." I marked my word with disbelief, disappointed with his lies, disappointed in me for disappointed by him. Nichkhun shook his head slowly. Two servings were coming in front of us, but none of them were distracting our hunger anymore, especially me.

 

"I WAS angel, and STILL your death angel. But, I've choosen myself to path of demi-angel" He paused, taking his time to reveal, "...I asked God personally to turn me into...demi-angel" I shifted my gaze to ddeokbokki serving in front of me, steaming with delicious smell. I reached one and stuffed it into my mouth, burning sensation to my tongue didn't bother me much. The taste were really good, yet at this time, once again, I weren't bothered by it. We finished our ddeokbokki, paid those, and leave quickly. I walked even faster than before, leaving Nichkhun behind.

 

I felt my arm pulled, turned me to face him, I threw my gaze upon other than his face. I was upset, about lying, about he being so kind, about lowered his self-esteem, about every nonsense that he stuffed into my head, and even about God. It's not something you can play with. "I told you, don't ever ignored me anymore" I kept my gaze upon a swing at the park next to us. What I can conclude from his action was, a pure affection. I was glad if that's what happening, but no, it's because I'm his soul to be taken later. Maybe I was like a trophy to show his death record or something like that.

 

"I don't really know what happened in your mind, but I figured that you took your own assumption. And that's not true" I dared myself to look at his eyes, he didn't lie. He maybe never. It's just that I like him too much that I scared to lose him, that every detail of his has to be the truth, that...I know nothing about him.

 

"So why?" I actually asked myself rather than him. I barely knew him at all. He let go my arm, his hands on hips, thinking. He didn't expect that kind of question came from my lips. That, I actually saw a blush overriden his milky face. "Err...t-that...t-this, because..." He stuttered, so humanly. He gasped a volume of air, calming himself before started.

 

"Do you remember the first time me met?" He began. I tried to recall, a weird stranger, I nodded. "The first time I saw you in pain, I didn't have any power to save you. I tried to sooth you up by hugging and chanting a charm into your heart. I can't touch anything, my shouts weren't noticed" He paused. Ahh...that's why. I felt pressure building in my heart and lungs, blood rushed everywhere because of my heart pumping like crazy.

 

"D-do you know how hurt to see someone you like in pain?" He's tucked his hand in his pocket while I started to realize what he had said. I lifted my hand to point myself hesitantly, opened my mouth. He nodded, pulled out his hand impatiently and placed them on my shoulders. Fixing his eyes against mine, Nichkhun swallowed hard.

 

"Jang Wooyoung, saranghae..."

 

********************************************

Author's: *melted to the ground* I kinda too much following my emotion. Sigh. And sorry for taking a long time to update. Still planning on how long this story will go on, but planning whatever...I'll just let the story continue by itself and let you decide, how far this would go~ Still hoping, you'll satisfied by this chapter~

Hmm...one question, if I may? If I hold you to this point, without telling you what's Woo's reaction, will I die nastily? The more fear you put into me, the faster next chapter updated *shivers* XD

Blabbers...blabbers...see you in next chapter, Reader~