Past Is Now Present

It's Your Day

Fresh from the oven, Reader! Grab--I mean--read them!

Last Chap:

"No, I don't want to use it like that" He disagreed, "Your words, Woo. Your words" His whisper in low groan, hard to breath. I obey. I yelled mentally my second wish before planting my lips against his, tears dropped gradually.

 

*****

 

I flipped the magazine for nth time, bored by its content. It's three months already since their last visit and my illness grew even more...worse. It wasn't the contagious part or the illness that kept me down lately. I sighed. "There's something that I forgot. Something really important" Again, I let out a heavy sigh. I looked at the window, breeze once growled through the branches, plucking the dried leaves. Died and fall. Like me.

 

No one will notice my absence, anyway. So died alone now wasn't sounds as bad as it should be. I watched nothingness in the fall, but why my heart told me different story? I knew everytime my heart skip a beat, means I would die without my notice. But, why my heart told me that I've got twice everytime something happened. Why did my heart miss something that I didn't understand? Why all the question triggered the pain in the chest? Not the same pain I had before, it's not really a pain, but it is.

 

A rush of situation occured at the same time, well almost. Someone rushed in my room, a boy with a cap and worn jacket, shushed me. His eyes locked into mine, his black orb didn't scared me as if I trust him whole-heartedly, maybe that's the only time I really-really calm against a total stranger. His eyes caught me some attention, that I forgot to ask anything when he tried to hide beside my bed. Another barrage of sound when the door opened with force, "Kid! Have you seen a hoddlum ran around here?! Maybe he hid here?!" He added the last question in whisper. I calmly shook my head, smile at my best. "I'll tell you guys, if any information came to me" I lied perfectly. No need a second for the police to believed my words, not with my innocent face.

 

After the chaos abated, he crept into my bed. Facing me, he looked into my eyes. "Do I know you from somewhere else?" I quietly shook my head, "I've been here for half a year, I didn't see any chance that I knew you before" He smiled brightly, shoved me aside to share his portion in my blanket. Facing my face and smiled brightly, "I dunno, maybe someone that I'd robbed before? Who knows? But you seemed okay for your state of six months illness"

 

I shoved him from my bed, but failed. I left, walked towards my window, standing like statue there. "Mine... wasn't the usual illness, it could came at random time. That's why I should be here all the time" There's a sad tone when I said that, but a laugh came out from the stranger's mouth. He declared something that I swore my eyes would popped out as soon as I understand what he meant. But, my heart smile. Brightly.

 

"I'm Nichkhun, let me accompany you from now on"



*****
 


--Sometime in between past, present and future--

 

I opened my eyes just to meet the white environment that I knew. The soil, the leaves, the pavement. Pavement of Soul. The only road for souls to Heaven. "You're awake?" A familiar voice greeted me, a voice that triggered my heart to secrete a miss feeling throughout my body. Turning myself to face him in person, sitting next to me. I smiled.

 

"You've been awake, Wooyoung?" He nodded, telling me about his first experience stroll around Heaven. "Then, let me pay off my debt by taking you on a stroll to Heaven"

 

I held his hands as we walked towards Heaven. He suddenly stopped and facing me, smile grew weaker at each words formed in his head. "Nichkhun? What are we now?" I've taken aback within his question. All I really care right now was I'm next to him and he's right beside me, no matter where we are and when is it. As long as there's only both us, having each other.

 

But, I snapped back to reality, lifted my shoulders a bit. I hugged him, whispering, "I don't know Woo. But, nevertheless, I am happy" He hugged me back, without any hesitation.

 

"Khun? Do you know what wish I made for us?" I closed my eyes, feeling his intoxicating scent and my curiousity played on me. Yes, I want to know. He smiled, "My second wish is to be together when we're back in time" He chuckled, "This is our last moment, Khun" I surprised, holding his shoulders and deepened our embrace.

 

"See you later, Khun"

 

And dark enveloped our beings. And I lost him. In time.

 

I also had a wish.

 

*****

 

"Wooyoung-ie!"

 

I looked at him, smiled. Got myself up and slightly waving at him. He held my hand when we decided to have a walk around the park, the same park he confessed to me. It's quite cold already since we're in the middle of winter now. Most of the pavement were clear of snow, a bit slippery though. He just finished his shift and I already consume my vitamin.

 

It's been a month or so since I was discharged from hospital. Yes, you didn't saw the doctor's face when the examine took place and my disease was declared slowly died. A month later, I was completely recovered. That time, Nichkhun brought me to this park.

 

"Wooyoung, I-I...love you"

 

My jaw dropped that day, but my heart whispered a blissful words that I had to spill those out. And today at the same place, he presented my cold neck with a warm scarf. He smiled,

 

"Happy three-months anniversary!"

 

*****

Author's: Believe it or don't, I was lost in reality for THREE MONTHS!!

WTH?! maybe your first comment or something near that. But, somehow, I found a leak of time to finish this piece. :)

Really thankful to everybody that silently read this without any comment, grateful to everyone who leave their thoughts in comment box, honored by the one who counceled me with their witty and critical point for FREE. I learn a lot and will try to be careful for my own mistakes, I should blow kisses and wishes to all of you.

Please, click any stories of mine to see if I--somehow--improved, or might just wondering and reading. Thanks, again. Thank you. :)