The Matter

It's Your Day

Here's an update, Reader. Hope you'll enjoy this one too :)

Last Chaps:

After a long silence, my mind produced some brilliant idea. I know what to wish. He froze as he heard what I have in mind. But, just to be sure, I'll wished it out loud.

"My first wish is...Nichkhun, don't ever read my mind !!"

 

*****

 

"And your first wishes were granted" He casually told me. I can't help myself not to crestfall as I was expecting much more fancy things like real magic. "You are hoping way too much" I nodded weakly. "Guess, there's no things such as magic...Wait! You're still reading my mind! You liar angel! How could you be an angel by lying straight to my face!" To be able to dodge my pillow, he peeved me more. He tried to appease me down by explaining that the last one was because of my readable expression. Great, now even without his mind-reading stuff, he still could read me like an open book. Just great.

 

Some nurses came in worriedly, asking if anything happened. To see that there's a pillow on the floor, they approached me slowly. After making sure I was calm enough to be asked, they interrogated me with a symptoms question. None of them realized that there 're two male in that room, so I assumed that Nichkhun only can be seen by me. He sat down at the couch, started to read, and everytime I glanced at him for help, he'll just beamed a smile and back to whatever he was doing. Little did I know at that time, Nichkhun was constantly checking on my surrounding, picking any smallest hint left.

 

*****

 

"So, what do YOU supposed to do in this case?" I might be emphasizing a little bit on his duty since for half of the day, I saw him doing nothing but watching me, buy--or steal, can angel steal?--some food, experiencing every human-like thing. That I've started to doubt, why he is sent to earth in the first place. He looked up from the jelly, still in his curiousity about the elasticity of jelly.

 

"I've got none at present. My clear order are to watch over you" Nichkhun reverted back to his jelly. I slightly heaving my breath, went to deep thought. This day might be the happiest day I've ever felt in this three months. I glanced at Nichkhun, he left the jelly and checking on television. He's the one who would take my life. Well, actually, I'll be willingly to give my life away after being tortured for three months, alone and excluded from the world.

 

But now, I felt my heart twitched as if the world suddenly became better just by a day. As if I now need to be attached to the world as long as I could, knowing that my time were running out. I needed accompany, I needed Nichkhun. Though he wasn't the slightest of a human, though he can't be seen by others, though I might be crossed over my sanity just to believe him. It's not about like or love, I'm starving for someone, longing to have a decent conversation. I-I...

 

"Do you like fall, Wooyoung?" His voice sang through my ears, interrupting my long thought. I smiled, to think that he didn't have any ability to read mind anymore, yet his presumption never ceased to amazed me. I nodded carefully, "Yes and no" As if I knew the next, he gave me a perpelexed face. I would gladly explain, but the nurse interfered. She's checking everything else before asking a daily question, "Have you drink your medicine?" I gave yes as an answer. She continued to warn, "If you felt any pain, anywhere, just call us, okay?" She placed her hand on my shoulder. The warmness I felt almost melting my tears that probably iced up long time ago, I held it. She went out but flashed a smile before closing the door. Are they always this nice to me?

 

"I'm still here" Nichkhun spoken as if he abandoned. Yeah, I owe him an explanation. "Yes, I like fall. I like the sound of the breeze" I slowly shut my eyes, letting my ear to work its wonder. The sound of the breeze, cold, yet welcoming. Fetching the fallen leaves, harrowing the twigs and branches, twirling the earth as playful as other children. "Yes, I like fall so much. I like the raining leaves that slowly drifted to the ground" I opened my eyes to see that Nichkhun staring through the window, yet I add my elucidation. "Yes, I like fall so much that it hurts. It hurts to think that fall means..." I felt my heart ached. "...death" The pain unexpectedly spread throughout my limbs. Ugh! Why...now?! I began to fold up my body to held as much as pain I could endure, I didn't want to cry, I didn't want to be helped. I felt my skin burning, my back felt like sliced to pieces, tears escaped my eyes. I heaved and panting hard in despair, longing for life.

 

I...don't want to die, please help me...

 

The pain gradually disappeared from my body. Too tired to understand the situation, I drifted myself into deep sleep.

 

*****

 

Nichkhun was staring into the evening sky in fall. This situation brings back memories when he first becoming a death angel. His first mission is to take the soul of a child, aged eleven. Not actually a child anymore, but it still leaves a bad taste after taken his soul. "Yes, I like fall so much that it hurts. It hurts to think that fall means...death" Nichkhun listened carefully, some memories were rewinded in his mind.

 

Story of a child who can see the death angel eventhough he wasn't died yet, or on the verge of dying.

Nichkhun was recently accepted to be death angel. He had to took the life of a boy who was suffer from some kind of disease.  It's his time. He watched the sleeping child. The child slowly opened his eyes, smiling. "I knew that my time had come. Please" He said those words with a remarkable composure, for a child who saw death right in front of his own eyes.  When Nichkhun was about to pulled out the child's life, ended up his suffers, a sound of wail simply came closer. When the door opened, another child aged between five or six, sobbed his tears.

The other child looked up to Nichkhun, pleading for his hyung's life with a trail of tears swiftly fell to earth. "Ahjussi...Ahjussi....don't take my hyung away. I love hyung, please Ahjussi..." He grabbed Nichkhun's clothes, immerse himself and burried all of his despair. Nichkhun felt his tears flowed without warning. His hyung then asked me, "Ahjussi? May I have one favor?" Nichkhun promises.

"If my dongsaeng's time has come, at least accompany him and tell him that I always love him too" As Nichkhun agreed to do so, he's wondering name of his dongsaeng. "His name is..."

 

A squeak of the bed and a heavy panting cut off his thought. He looked at Wooyoung, folded up his body. His face clearly showed that he was withstood an incredible pain. Nichkhun quickly calling for help but none was noticed. There's a heart-wrenching whimper out from his mouth. Nichkhun quickly hugged Wooyoung, trying to sooth him alright. His body heated up, the limbs shaken wildly.

 

"SOMEBODY!!!! HELP!!!!" As loud as he could try, there's no one in this hospital could hear him. He nervously lifted Wooyoung's arm to push the emergency button. A second later, few nurses came in and shot him a tranquilizer and medicine. Nichkhun wearily sat down next to Wooyoung, watched his expression soften and get better. He thought that his life was on stake. It's my fault, his pain is my fault. Nonetheless, the story ended up in the right place.

 

"His name is...Jang Wooyoung" He whispered himself.

********************************************

Author's: Nah, pain and tragedy has always amused me. *killed by Wooyoung's fans*

I'll try...not...to...touch...Woo...*dead*

How pathetic, me cracking lame jokes, trying to be funny...anyway, keep reading and comment are always appreciated :D

Will update two chapter today, since my inspiration flows like a river, and as my gratitude to you...

Yes, I mean you, Reader~