The Video Game Factor

The Big Crush Theory. 2Jae edition!

The way to Youngjae’s house wasn’t too long; and after 15 minutes of walking and talking about new video games they should try, the two boys were already in the house. Yet the loud noise of laughs and people talking made the little boy roll his brown eyes boringly. –They are here already…- he mumbles, taking off his backpack as his friend does too.

-How did they come so fast?- Yugyeom asks confused, taking his shoes off as he puts them besides his friend’s.

-Jerkbum has a car, don’t forget he is a spoiled brat.- the smaller boy whispers with a smirk, making his friend chuckle.

-Little nerd! Are you home?!- the shout from his step-brother echoes in the house, his slight husky voice reaching his ears so annoyingly mocking.

Yet the smirk in Youngjae’s pink lips gets wider and mischievous. –Yugie, I have an idea.- is all what he whispers, looking into his friend’s eyes.

-Gotcha~- is all what Yugyeom says with a cheeky smirk, knowing that he only has to follow his small friend’s show.

The two of them put a straight face then, walking into the living room calmly as they see three boys sitting in one of the big couches and the other two standing in front of the HD TV playing with the bran new PlayStation 4.

-What are you doing?- Youngjae asks, a soft frown appearing on his young face.

-Playing, little nerd. Can’t you see the obvious?- Jaebum answers mockingly, long strands of onyx hair swaying in the air as he turns around looking back at the shorter boy.

-Oh I can, Jerkbum. But it seems you can’t see through the meaning of my question so let me explaining it to you in words your simple mind can understand.- Youngjae mocks as well, seeing how the taller boy rolls his eyes annoyed. –Today is Friday, and Friday is my day to use the PlayStation.- he says in a the fakest kind of voice. 

But the black haired boy laughs softly. -What makes you think I give a about it?- he falsely wonders, hearing his friends chuckling.

-Oh, yes, I’m so sorry. It’s just I see your human form and I forget that you don’t have a single trace of humanity inside, and all what you are is just a not tamed animal.- Youngjae comments sarcastically acid, smirking victorious.

-A not tamed animal, huh?- Jaebum mumbles with a smirks as well. –So, why don’t we solve this in my not-tamed-animal way?- he asks, raising his eyebrows in a challenging expression.

Youngjae’s small eyes turn for a moment, taking a quick glance at Yugyeom by his side, seeing the mischievous sparkle in those bright eyes as he knows his plan is working perfectly. So his eyes turn back to his step-brother.

-Okay. I hope you won’t retract your word when I beat you.- he says with overflowing confidence as he walks a few steps closer, snatching the joystick from one of the gang’s members.

-Nerd, you better give me that thing back or I’m gonna punch your fat face.- the boy says threatening, looking at him with small and sharp eyes which don’t scared Youngjae at all.

-The only fat thing here is your , Park Jinyoung.- Youngjae mocks, fixing his glasses as he sees the anger in those dark orbs.

Hands tug strongly on his collar then, bringing him closer to the boy’s face. -Say that again, I dare you…- he whispers annoyed, making Youngjae chuckle amused.

-The only fat thing here is your , Park Jinyoung.- Youngjae repeats his words, quizzical and cheeky, loving how angry Jinyoung is right now.

His brown eyes watch attentively how the older boy lift his fist ready to slam it on his  face… but before that could happen there’s a big hand grabbing that fist, stopping Jinyoung’s in silence as the boy looks back at his step-brother’s intense stare. Jinyoung lets go then, giving him one last nasty look before sitting down on the couch along with the other three boys.

-So…- Youngjae says then. -What are we going to play?- he asks, seeing how the black haired boy opens a little box and takes out the CD.

-Mortal Kombat, obviously.- Jaebum answers with a smirk. –But let’s leave the game choose the players.- he comments, looking back at the TV.

-Fair enough.- Youngjae mumbles simply, turning his gaze to the screen as well as the two of them wait to see with which character they will play. 

A few laughs fill the silent living room as the game shows them the result, feeling the taller boy’s eyes set on him like if he was expecting him to look back. So Youngjae calmly turns his orbs, seeing that stupid confident spark in his step-brother’s eyes like if the game was already done and Jaebum had won.

“Oh, this is gonna be so good at the end” the small boy thinks, holding back a smirk as his enemies’ mouth opens again to speak.

-So, you got Kitana… and is a girl, by the way.- Jaebum comments ‘casually’, his disgusting mocking tone ringing so obvious in his words.

-Yes, I know how a girl is. You actually look like one with that slightly long hair, and if it wasn’t for the fact that you don’t have s and you are uglier than Chewbacca I could have thought you were one.- Youngjae answers ‘casually’ as well, giving the other boy a cute quizzical smile.

-Who’s Chewbacca?- Jaebum wonders with a confused expression, making Yugyeom at the back explode in laughter, his loud laugh echoing around the house..

-What are you laughing at, idiot?- Jaebum exclaims, looking back at the tall boy standing in the entry.

-Hey, hey, watch it. Yugyeom is smarter than the five of you combine, so don’t call him that.- Youngjae says angry as rarely happens, staring at his step-bother with sharp eyes.

-Awww, how cute. The nerd is trying to defend his little friend.- Jaebum comments in a mocking tone, hearing the other four boys laughing.

And so Youngjae smirks. –I’m not trying, I am defending him. Learn the difference, Jerkbum.- he says in a low, confident tone; enjoying how the taller boy looks so mad and annoyed.

-Shut up and let’s play, I’m wasting time talking bull with you.- Jaebum hisses bothered, turning his eyes to the big screen as he misses the amusing smile the shorter boy send to his friend.

-Come on, JB. Win this quickly so we can play Call Of Duty already!- a boy with foreign features says tiredly from the big couch, looking boringly at the TV.

-This is gonna be quick, Bam. The nerd has a girl and JB has Scorpion, is gonna be over in five minutes or so.- a very short yet bulky boy tells  to his friend, leaning comfortably on the soft couch.

And Youngjae sighs tired at that last comment. –Wang Jackson, the fact that Kitana is a girl it doesn’t mean she is weak. Actually, women can endure more pain than men; so you should think before talking.- he explains to the handsome boy, looking back at him for a moment. -Oh well, maybe that’s too much to ask from you.- he mumbles mockingly as he sees the puzzle expression in those foreign features.

-And FYI, it doesn’t matter what character you got; if you are a great player you can beat anyone with any character.- Youngjae adds, giving Jackson a victorious smile before placing his brown eyes in the black haired boy standing beside him.

-Are you done with your boring lesson?- Jaebum asks, the bother still pinching hard inside him.

Youngjae smiles cutely then. –For an inferior mind like you it’s boring, but you know I’ll keep talking and you know you’ll keep listen to me and both of us know… that you could never shut me up.- he tells sincerely, hearing his step brother chuckling.

-Let’s just play.- the tall boy mumbles, looking back at the TV as Youngjae does too.

The classical sign of ‘Fight’ appears on the big, flat screen as the first round starts; along with the cheers for those four loud boys on the couch encouraging Jaebum as Yugyeom powerful and enthusiastic voice fills Youngjae’s ears giving him confidence to win this. Although he already has a lot of confidence, a bit more won’t kill him right?

And it won’t, of course. The first round finishes after a few punches and kicks, consecrating the small boy as partial winner as the second round starts. But this time there’s no one cheering; all pair of eyes are fixed in the even game playing in front of them. For short moments the advantage is for Jaebum, but then with fast fingers pressing the buttons Youngjae has the advantage again; protecting it with all the knowledge he has of this particular game, remembering the best tricks as he sees the power bar of his opponent losing life at every move his girl make. And then, after ephemeral but desperate minutes, the sign of ‘finish him’ is showed for him, and a victorious smirk curves in his face as he hits a few buttons. Doing the best fatality ever, Youngjae tastes victory on his mouth as his shining eyes look back at the taller boy at his right; seeing that annoying gaze in those brown orbs.

-Ah, … how did that happen?- Youngjae hears the incredulous whispers of Jackson behind his back.

-Who cares? It was amazing!- then comes Bambam’s amused low response.

-It was epic, actually. Did you see Scorpion breaking in thousands of pieces? And all the  blood!- a new voice joins in from the gang, it was the quiet one sitting at the end of the couch whom haven’t say anything so far. 

-What are you saying, Mark? Jaebum lost and that stupid nerd won.- and Jinyoung bother hiss come next, making him smirk even more.

-For being a gang you sure gossip a lot.- Youngjae mocks, his brown eyes never leaving those sharp ones. –And your boss sure play like… Oh, what an irony! I can’t say ‘like a girl’- he chuckles amused, loving the way Jaebum’s eyebrows frown so deeply.

-Shut up, nerd and take the ing joystick.- the tall boy grumbles annoyed, handing him the other control.

So Youngjae lets out a small laugh as he looks back at Yugyeom, seeing his best friend covering his mouth with both hands to prevent a big and strident laugh. He bits his bottom lip as those bright eyes close tight because it must be really difficult for his friend to do so; and then he place his eyes once again in his step brother, giving him his control.

-What…?- Jaebum wonders confused, frowning even more if it’s possible.

-We don’t want to play with the PS4. We want to play Mario Kart on the Wii.- the small boy tells, leaving the joystick in the coffee table as he walks back to Yugyeom’s side; winning puzzle gazes from everyone in the gang.

-So why did we play?- Jaebum asks, still not understanding anything.

And so Yugyeom just couldn’t hold it back anymore. His laugh rings loud in the place, annoying the other boys even more as they look at him with harsh glances. Youngjae could only hold his stomach because it was too damn funny and he couldn’t help to laugh too hard. An arm find its way around his tall friend’s shoulders then, while he tries to catch his breath as his eyes stares at his step-brother from afar.

-To show you that I’m better than you, Jerkbum. I just don’t need it.- he says simply, giving him a playful wink.

-Come Yugie, let’s play Mario Kart~- Youngjae tells to his best friend turning around as Yugyeom bounces a little on his place.

-Yeah! I’m gonna pick Mario!- Yugyeom shouts excited, running upstairs as the small boy looks astonish how fast this boy is.

-No, Yugie! I’m gonna pick Mario! You have to be Luigi or Yoshi!- Youngjae shouts back whining, as he follows his friend quickly up the stair before the big boy steals the character from him.

Hearing the hush sound of foots running around the house Jaebum just sighs tiredly, throwing the control to Bambam’s lap as his friend quickly grabs its and stands up ready to play with Jackson who was already putting a new game on the PS. The black haired boy plops down on the comfy couch besides Jinyoung, seeing that smirk already curved in his friend’s lips; knowing clearly what it means.

-Shut up, Jinyoung. Just shut up.- Jaebum mumbles weakly, although not a single word came out through those plump lips.

Jaebum’s clear eyes turn to that lonely stair while Youngjae’s cute whine is still echoing in his head like some soundtrack of a summer movie; as well with the memory of those brown, shiny eyes staring at him is still so fresh on his mind…

…And a small smile slyly paints upon his lips.


Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed today's chapter!! Sorry if it's short or boring, I promise it gets batter soon enough ^^'

Thanks for all your lovely comments! I want to answer them but I don't want to spoil you anything >.< But I really appreciate them a lot! I'm so happy you seem excited and interesed about this! :D Also, thanks for subscribing and up voting~~

Until next chapter then!