The Magnetic Poles Attraction

The Big Crush Theory. 2Jae edition!

Discomfort:

  1. The state or quality of being inconvenient.
  2. Something that causes difficulty, trouble, or lack of ease.

The dictionary is pretty clear about words and their meanings. It’s specific and you can say flawless as well. Because obviously, there were times in the Human history that society begun to ‘create’ different words and meanings, obligating the Academies to add, change or take out from the dictionaries a certain word and/or meaning. It didn’t happen quickly, though. People don’t like changes that much and less when it comes to the sensations we feel in a determinate moment and/or with a determinate person. So, concluding, discomfort was one of those feelings Humanity hadn’t change much throughout the History and surely won’t change any century soon… And that’s precisely what is gnawing a brilliant mind of a certain brunette boy.

The warm touch of Jaebum’s skin is more than engraved in Youngjae’s own leather, and the strange –nicely strange- sensation in his pounding heart when he woke up and found the black haired boy  hugging him tight, yet so deep in sleep, was still making his healthy organ jump like if he was suffering a heart attack almost an hour later. He had woke up early this Tuesday morning when the first sun lights illuminated his closed eyelids, and trying to escape from them he hid his face in that warm neck crook. His brown sleepy eyes opened slowly, looking up at the handsome boy who was still sleeping. He could have got out of that comforting hug and go back to his room before their parents arrived home, but instead he stayed in the older boy’s bed watching him sleep for long, silent minutes. It was still 6AM, so Youngjae thought he could just stayed for a few more minutes and admired the calm, yet gorgeous face of Jaebum deep in dreams.

The discomfort came when the events of last night hit his still dreamy mind, but what makes Youngjae doubt about the meaning of that word –or if discomfort is the right word to describe this odd feeling- is the fact that although he does feel nervous and embarrass because of what happened he doesn’t dislike being in his step brother’s warm arms and watch his step brother sleeping. He doesn’t dislike what they did, he even thought about actually having with the older boy when the pleasure he felt was blurring his logic. So shouldn’t he feel uncomfortable right now? Shouldn’t he want to run far away from Jaebum? He does want to hide under his covers, though but he also wants to be inside Jaebum’s tight, warm embrace yet again. It’s quite contradictious if you think rationally –although nothing is rational when it comes to what Jaebum makes him feel- But you can say this is like a nice discomfort.

A tired sighs escape from his lips as his eyes stare with an empty gaze to the surely delicious breakfast his mother had made for him in record time: the travel from Daegu was fast –but uncomfortable- and Sejoon and his mom had come around 20 minutes ago. Luckily, Youngjae was back in his own cold bed by the time his mother called him to come down and start the beautiful day nature was giving them after the awful storm yesterday. Sejoon and his mom are chatting at the moment, like always, and Youngjaee is just looking at his food as if he could find there the answers –which he knows won’t have any logic if he even find answers- to all those curious questions accumulating little by little in his blank mind.

-Oh, good morning son.- then Sejoon’s loving tone echoes in the brunette’s absent mind like a surprise.

-Umm… good morning…- and Jaebum’s low, husky  answer is following right after, making him shiver in discomfort as he feels clearly how the other boy sits in front of him at the dinner table.

The smart boy seems to freeze for a fraction of a second when those brown orbs stare at him for a few moments; and he can breathe again when he hears the metallic noise of his bully’s chopsticks clashing loudly against each other.

-Youngjae, honey, why aren’t you eating? Are you sick?- his mother wonders slightly worried, suddenly putting a hand on his forehead to take his temperature.

-N-No, mom, I’m fine!- Youngjae answers simply with a small smile for her, taking that soft hand away from his head in a kind way.

-Then why aren’t you eating?- she inquires after, looking straight into his eyes with a mild frown on her thin eyebrows.

-Because…- Youngjae mumbles, thinking quickly in something to say. -… I was thinking.- he confesses, which it wasn’t an entire lie.

-Thinking about what, Youngjae-ah?- Sejoon wonders curiously from the other side of the table, right beside his son.

-Umm… something really fascinating…- the brunette does lie this time while fixing his glasses, trying to focus his gaze only on the older man.  

-Oh, something related to Physics?- his mother’s boyfriend questions again, before taking a sip of his steaming coffee.

-No, it’s not related to Physics.- the small boy rushes to denied confident, because he just can’t use his beloved Science as an excuse and less like a horrible lie.

-Then what were you thinking so hard, baby?- his mother wonders, the curiosity ringing clearly in her sweet voice.

But she didn’t notice how Youngjae shivered as the word ‘baby’ left her red lips, because she couldn’t see the fresh memories of last night events on his mind, re-playing the sensual echo of Jaebum’s voice at every corner of his mind.

-Umm… I was thinking about… h-how fascinating is the fact that… we won’t need to… clone rice in the future because… our soil is very fertile…- he lies with an awkward smile on his face, and Holy Father of Science he at lying.

His mother laughs softly, caressing his head as she leaves a small kiss on his round cheek. –Sweetie, I know you love thinking, but please just eat. You’ll be late for school if you don’t start now.- she comments lovingly, taking her empty cup and leaving the table to wash it.

-Well I think is interesting, Youngjae-ah.- Sejoon says in his kind tone of voice, standing up as he gives him a friendly gaze before he goes to wash his cup as well.

Youngjae just purses his lips in his typical grin when something doesn’t like him that much, and you can say Sejoon is one of those. It’s not that Sejoon is a bad person, he is really kind and nice all the time with his mother and him, but still Youngjae can’t like him: this man wants to take his father’s place, to replace him, and Youngjae won’t ever accept that it doesn’t matter how nice this man is. A long sighs escapes from his lips again, thinking that it will be better to ignore that fact, and his eyes look down at his hot food, taking the chopsticks and ready to star to eat…

But the only thing he is doing is being grab and drag out the table. Is being force to hold his backpack and put on his shoes. And finally being pull out his house and drag to school without even say good bye to the two adults as that big, soft hand is holding his own at the moment. Youngjae’s brown eyes look up at Jaebum’s onyx locks with clear shock on his plump face, but then that surprise turns in annoyance, and feeling really mad he abruptly let go that hand and stays in the middle of the sidewalk. Who does this boy think he is to always drag him so suddenly without telling him?!

Jaebum stops as well when that small hand escapes from his grip, turning around and finding his little nerd looking at him with a cute frown. Jaebum looks around, trying to find the reason why Youngjae stopped so suddenly when they have only 5 –or less- minutes to get to school on time.

-What?- he asks confuse, waiting an explanation for this waste of time. 

-Oh, you dare to ask me ‘what’? You have this insane mania of grabbing and dragging me out of nowhere without telling me anything!- the brunette comments clearly displease. -And you didn’t let me eat my breakfast and I’m hungry!- he adds whining, a cute pout forming in his mouth at the end of his words.

Jaebum sighs with a smile as he hears the adorable complaints his little nerd burst out just right now. He takes those short steps away which separated them, standing in front of the brunette boy with his gaze placed in those tender brown orbs. He slowly opens his backpack, taking out a bag of dry mangos which he knows his little step brother loves.

-I know it’s not too much for a breakfast, I was going to give you this in the break, but you can eat it now while we walk to school… but It will have to be fast because we are really late.- Jaebum comments slightly amused, handing the bag to the younger boy.

Youngjae, on the other hand, just blinks; softly grabbing the bag and staring at it without saying anything. He feels beyond stupid right now, why didn’t he think about time? This was occurring a lot lately, not being able to focus on the small but significant things around him… Maybe he is thinking too much about Jaebum and all these feelings.

-Thank you…- Youngjae mumbles, still looking down. –I-I’m sorry for nagging you.- he whispers, feeling how his cheeks burn in embarrassment.

He hears how the black haired boy chuckles and he feels how the he ruffles his hair nicely. –It’s okay, little nerd. Let’s just get going, ’kay?- Jaebum comments calmly, and he hears him starting to walk again.

Youngjae’s dark eyes look up then, watching that big back getting at each step more distant. His heart starts to beat fast without a particular reason, and for another particular reason he can’t understand why this image of Jaebum walking away isn’t precisely nice. The brunette boy quickly puts the dry mango’s bag inside his backpack, jogging a little until he can reach the other and his heart seems to beat a bit calmer.

-Do you want to know something fascinating, Jerkbum?- Youngjae asks him curios, fixing his glasses as he looks to those bright orbs.

Jaebum just chuckles at his little nerd question, but he nods. –Sure…- he answers, enjoying the adorable image of the small boy’s cheeks stained in a carmine tone as they walk together.

-Last night I dreamed you said you loved me.- Youngjae comments softly, looking up the sky as he keeps walking. –The fascinating is the way the brain works: I have been thinking about feelings, then I stopped thinking about it but my unconscious kept working on it, and like you were the last person I saw last night before fall asleep I had that dream.- he explains logically.

-Pretty cool, huh? Wait… Jerkbum?- Youngjae stops as he notices the bully isn’t walking by his sides. He looks back, finding the older boy standing just four of five steps away. So he takes those steps, getting closer to his step brother again. -Why did you stop?- he asks him confuse then.

Jaebum just smiles at him, with that smile Youngjae saw in a few especial occasions, hearing his crazy heart starting to pound fast against his ribcage one more time.  –Let’s run…- his step brother says suddenly, and before he could process those words the boy is dragging him again.

-You have to stop doing this!!!!- Youngjae whines as he fixes his glasses one more time, trying to match the speed of his bully’s long legs.

But Jaebum just laughs, and his laugh is really nice and sweet in Youngjae’s ears. He feels his heart beating happy just like the night before, and his cheeks turn on bright red like the night before as well. He slightly squeezes that big, soft hand; feeling how Jaebum squeezes his own as kind as him, feeling a rush of warmth and tenderness covering his pounding heart and reflecting it on his brown, shining orbs.

The cool air of the summer morning caresses his face nicely, and Youngjae can’t do anything else rather than smile because this is the first time he feels truly happy after his father’s death so long time ago.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Morning was passing pretty fast to be just Tuesday, and that was something curios. Time had always been a strong topic in Philosophy, and putting aside all the drama of morality and life per se, Youngjae dares to say that time is the most fascinating and important mystery since Humans exist. And although Youngjae is more a man of Science he had been thinking about the curios passing of time along this beautiful, shining morning: if you think about it, there’s not physical difference about time between the moments when you are having fun and the moments when you are doing something you don’t like; but our minds perceived that there is, and our minds say is a big difference. In reality, there’s none. Time always pass for all of us, in all the moments of our lives in the same away. The perception of time it does change depends of the person and a specific moment. So in the end, seems like our own mind is the one to blame when time doesn’t pass quickly.

-Umm I wonder why today time seems to run…- a certain brunette boy wonders curios, hiding his deep-in-thought-face behind a green book of Biology of the gaze of a certain pair of boys sitting around him in the backyard’s table as the first break starts.

-Little nerd, what are you reading that is so interesting?- the amused voice of Mark sitting at the end of the table ends with his ideas.

-Well, the cover says ‘Biology’ So surely is that.- the innocent tone of Yugyeom sitting in front makes him smile.

-Oh, maybe he is reading about reproduction?- the naughty question of Bambam sitting far away at his left makes him feel a bit embarrassed.

-Then probably is .- the mocking tone of Jackson sitting in front of him following after makes him roll his eyes.

But then he can hear a funny chuckle close to him. –He is not like you, Jackson.- the soft, yet calm tone of a certain black haired boy sitting by his side makes him tremble; and steals a strong beat of his happy heart.

Choi Youngjae just sighs, closing and putting down in the table the Biology book. –I don’t know why I bother trying to read around you.- he comments somewhat tired, looking up at his other six friends.

-That’s because you don’t want to accept you are already one of us.- Jinyoung answers with mockery from the other side of the table, giving him that fake nice smile.

-Yeah, no, that can’t be. I’m clearly way more advanced in evolution that the five of you combine.- the small brunette mocks back, chuckling a little at the boy’s confused expression.

-Anyways what were you reading, Youngjae?- Mark wonders from the end of the table, and the brunette didn’t hear anything more than pure curiosity.

-Well, I wasn’t reading I was just thinking.- Youngjae answers somewhat shy, fixing his glasses as he looks back at his older friend.

-About what?- Bambam asks after, grabbing a big handful of chips.

-Umm, time. Nothing really important.- the young boy answers shrugging, opening the dry mango’s bag and finally eating something.

But the first one on eating them is the boy by his side. –You were thinking this morning too, why do you think so much?- he asks before putting another dry mango on his mouth.

-Those are mine!- Youngjae whines, putting the bag away from his step brother’s reach.

-Yes, but I gave it you. You can share, little nerd.- Jaebum comments slightly mocking, his fingers slowly in a –and maybe is his idea- y way.

-W-well… you can ask me first, then I’ll share.- the brunette boy sulks, pouting a little as he munches the dry fruit.

So the bully smiles, looking straight at his eyes as Youngjae’s heart starts to pound fast. –Okay then, will you give me some, Youngjae?- Jaebum asks politely, yet slightly amused.

And the younger boy just looks down, hiding his embarrassed gaze from that intense one. –Just don’t eat all of it…- he mumbles, putting the bag on the table so his bully can take some.

Jaebum smiles a bit more as he ruffles the dark locks of his step brother’s little head, munching a few dry mangos while enjoying the ‘deadly’ glare Youngjae is giving him… But when someone else appears on his view his smile is slowly fading away as his eyebrows frowns in clear displease. His brown orbs stares at the new boy –not really looking at the other one- swallowing hard as that stupid nice voice echoes annoyingly in his ears yet again.

-Hey, Youngjae-ah!-  Wooyoung greats with a smile, his chocolate orbs only looking down at the small brunette.

-Oh, Hi Wooyoung hyung, Junho hyung,- Youngjae smiles back at the new boys, never noticing the drastic change in the air around the table.

-You are eating already? Nuneo and I came to invited you and Jinyoung to eat with us.- the blonde comments somewhat disappointed as he eyed the dry mangos’ bag open.

-Oh, well… We still can eat with you, right, Jinyoung?- Youngjae says looking at his friend’s small eyes, but Jinyoung’s not interested face says it all.

-Nah, not really.- the other boy answers obviously selfless, taking a sip of his mineral water.

But when he sees a pair of deep dark eyes looking straight at his, he feels a cold shiver running down his spine because he hates this red haired boy’s gaze on him. Those eyes are really disturbing –in a creepy way- and he feels quite uncomfortable when this boy looks at him in that way… like if he could jump on him at any instant.

-Are you sure, Jinyoung-ah? I can buy you something delicious.- Junho tells in a soft voice, and Jinyoung already can feel his ears burning in nervousness.

Jinyoung was about to mumble a shy –and extremely stupid- ‘No, thank you’ when out of nowhere the firm and somewhat angry voice of Yugyeom by his side cut him. -Dude, he already said no. Did the hair dye affected your brain?-

Junho on the other hand just chuckles sarcastic. -What are you? His boyfriend?- he wonders mockingly as a smirk curves in his lips.

Yugyeom just swallows nervously at the question, trying to not blush like an idiot. –I’m his friend, do you have any problem with that?- he asks challenging, smirking confident.

The red haired boy rolls his eyes as the grin in his face gets wider. –No, but clearly I have a problem with you.- he comments slightly mocking, yet quite sharp.

-Well Nuneo, we can solve this anytime you want.- Yugyeom mocks as well, getting even more challenging and daring.

The despicable tone the younger boy used to call his name makes Junho’s blood boils in anger, but before he could do anything or say anything there’s a strong grip on his shoulders. –Don’t go there, Junho. It doesn’t worth it.- and there’s his best friend’s serious tone reaching his ears in a whisper.

So the red haired boy takes a deep breath, sighing softly as his blonde friend talks again. –Well, seems like things got a bit difficult. It will be better if we just get going.- Wooyoung comments back to his nice self.

-Good, make sure to not come back never again.- Jaebum adds sharp, taking a sip of his orange juice as his brown eyes stares at those chocolates ones.

But just then he feels how the small boy by his side grabs his arms and pulls him closer. -What’s your problem, Jerkbum? Why did you say that?- Youngjae asks clearly mad, his handsome face so close to his.

And the black haired boy just smirks. –Because I don’t like him.- he answers simply, loving the incredulous expression in his step brother’s face.

-You don’t even know him!- Youngjae hisses slightly irritated, letting the older boy’s strong arm go.

-I don’t need to, I don’t like him already.- Jaebum tells selfless yet slightly egocentric… thing the shorter boy doesn’t like at all.

Youngjae’s soft eyebrows frown denoting how angry he is, and without saying a single thing else to his bully he stands up, looking back at the new boys. –Let’s go somewhere nicer, hyungs.- he mumbles, starting to walk away as he miss the mocking smirk Wooyoung gave to Jaebum before following after him.

The brunette smart boy found a table near the school’s gym after they had bought something to eat, and as soon they sat down the young boy rushed to apologize with the older boys. –I’m really sorry. Yugyeom usually is not like that… Jaebum and Jinyoung are rude, but this time they were more rude than the usual. I’m really sorry.- he brows his head so down that he misses the mischievous smirks in the other boys’ faces.

-It’s okay, Youngjae-ah. In our old school boys hated us too. We are used to things like this.- Junho comments unconcern, showing his characteristic straight expression.

-Oh well, still, I’m really sorry…- the brunette boy bows his head once again, wondering why Jaebum and Yugyeom treated them so harshly.

-Youngjae, is okay. Stop apologizing.- Wooyoung tells him with a bright smile, calming him down a little.

A light silence surrendered them for a few moments as they were eating. Youngjae’s dark eyes were looking down, thinking internally what topic would be interesting for the two new boys. He doesn’t want to bored them or sound so ‘nerd’ that Junho and Wooyoung could mock him. The little brunette boy was so deep in thoughts that he didn’t notice the knowing glances the other boys were sharing at that moment.

-So Youngjae, Jaebum seems quite different from what I had heard.- Wooyoung comments ‘casually’, looking straight into those dark, innocent eyes.

-Ummm… Let’s say he is nice with the people he wants to be nice to.- Youngjae answers somewhat thoughtful, taking a sip of his lemon soda.

-Oh, seems he is always nice to you then.- the blonde says slightly bother, but the younger boy didn’t catch it.

Youngjae chuckles instead. –Not always. He is my bully, actually.- he tells surprisingly amused, shocking the other two boys a little.

-Your bully?- Junho wonders incredulous, his attractive eyes wide open.

-And he treats you nicely?- Wooyoung adds as incredulous as his friend, the both of them staring at the smart boy on the other side of the table.

So the brunette fixes his glasses one more time, feeling somewhat nervous. –H-He is not always nice…- he mumbles softly.

Wooyoung and Junho look at each other with the same thought in mind, and then they just smirk. –Anyways Youngjae, let’s talk about you.- Wooyoung changes the subject abruptly, but with the intention of not changing it in reality. -Do you like someone?- he wonders curios, faking his best innocent gaze.

-I’ve never liked someone before, so I don’t quite understand the meaning of ‘liking’ someone.- Youngjae answers naively yet entirely honest.

The red haired boy chuckles quietly at those words. –Of course you don’t…- he mumbles in a mocking tone, winning a hit under the table from his best friend.

-It’s that so? Then, is there someone who you feel attracted to?- Wooyoung inquires curiously again, his chocolate orbs trying to find the truth in those dark, shining ones.

But something ‘clicks’ in Youngjae’s mind at that question. Is something he had never thought about, and it’s something that answers all his doubts and confusions about all these feelings Jaebum cause on him in a rational way. The logic answer for all his problems had always been right in front of his brown eyes and he never noticed!

-Hyungs, you’ll have to excuse me but I have something really important to do right now.- Youngjae exclaims in a hurry, leaving quickly without saying goodbye to his hyungs properly.

Junho sighs tired as the young boy almost runs away, turning his deep eyes to his best friend by his side. -Why do you always look for the weird ones?- he wonders slightly mocking.

Wooyoung on his side just smirks, placing his chocolate gaze in that dark one. –He is not weird, he is unique and you know how eccentric I am, Junho.- he answers in a calm yet mischievous voice, turning his gaze to the distant image of the younger boy…

… And the smirk on Wooyoung’s handsome face gets wider as an interesting idea forms in his daring mind.

Leaving the two new boys behind, Youngjae is trying to catch his breath in front of the gang and his best friend after running from the other side of the school like if he had invented the Time Machine just a few moments ago. –Yugie… lab… now…- is all what he can say between fast breathings.

-Youngie, calm down a little. I can’t understand you.- Yugyeom tells to his small friend with some humor.

-I said! Lab! Now!- Youngjae exclaims in a hurry, grabbing his best friend and starting to drag him inside the school building.

-Youngjae, can you tell me, at least, for what are we going to the lab in the middle of break?- the big boy wonders tired as his little friend drags him along the second floor’s hallway, he was extremely hungry right now.

-I have a strong hypothesis about my problems, and if we do a little experiment then I’ll have the rational answer I’ve be looking for so much.- Youngjae explains slightly anxious, rushing their steps as he sees the lab’s door close.

Yugyeom rolls his eyes as they enter the cold, white room; already knowing what his best friend problems are and already knowing what will be the resulting theory of this little experiment: Youngjae likes Jaebum, Jaebum likes Youngjae but Youngjae is just too innocent or blind to see it clearly, and Jaebum is just too dumb to confess. There are no problems at all… it’s not like what he is feeling for certain boy with the cutest smile he had ever seen.

-Yugyeom, pay attention!- Youngjae’s serious tone brings him back to reality, focusing his dreamy gaze on his best friend’s dark one at the other side of the cold marble countertops.

-I’m listening, Youngjae.- the big boy says boringly, leaning against the hard table as he waits for his friend to start… and end, obviously.

Youngjae takes a deep breath and sighs slow, staring at those sharp eyes as he begins with the pose of the hypothesis. -You know magnetism is the force of attraction exerted by certain bodies, such as magnets, in one region of space called magnetic field, right? The maximum force of attraction of the magnets is in its ends, called poles north and south. Am I right?-

Yugyeom sighs at his best friend questions. –Youngjae, you know I know what’s the point?- he wonders slightly whiny, feeling his stomach begging for food.

-The point is…- the brunette almost hiss, fixing his glasses nervously before taking the two magnets on the countertops. –Let’s suppose magnet 1 is Jaebum and magnet 2 is me… w-what will happen if I put together the North pole of magnet 1 and the South pole of magnet 2?- he asks, a twinkle of shyness ringing in his voice.

The next sound it could be heard inside that cold laboratory was the soft noisy of the two magnets joining together perfectly. Yugyeom’s eyes look up to Youngjae’s dark –and embarrass- ones, biting back a smirk as he detected a soft blush on those cheeks. He knows what his best friend is trying to say with this simply but clear experiment and he knows his best friend is just too shy, nervous and obviously embarrass to say it out loud. And probably Youngjae is looking for an advised too but how can Yugyeom help his little friend if he himself doesn’t know what to do with this he is starting to feel for Jinyoung?

-Well, let me ask you the same question.- he comments simply, taking from those small hands the two magnets. -What if magnet 1 is me and magnet 2 is Jinyoung?- he wonders, putting together the two opposite ends of the magnets as they connected yet again.

The thunderous and distant sound of the bell ringing echoes in the big, white lab for what it seem hours. Youngjae’s brilliant mind is working fast and hard, processing again and again the result of the experiment Yugyeom have showed him, searching for a potential error in the process which could save him from that one answer he can’t believe, accept or even imagine like genuine. Because if the same question he had made to Yugyeom has the exact same result… and if the result of Yugyeom’s question is that he likes Jinyoung, then…

Steps of people walking outside in the hallway fills the quiet space in the laboratory as the two boys inside just look at each other with surprise but embarrass glances, as the words Youngjae’s said echo soft and low, along with an innocent yet still incredulous tone.

-Holy Father of Science… I like Jaebum.-