The Saturday Vortex

The Big Crush Theory. 2Jae edition!

The sun outside dyes the blue, vast sky with its bright, sunny colors while dying peacefully in the horizon. Shades of orange and yellow lights are slinking beautifully thought big, clear windows of a quiet living room; reflecting in the room’s white walls and ceiling the last few minutes of his sparkling glory. The warm touches of those clear sun lights caress a cute face gently. Soft rays of shining, vivid colors pass across brown, dreamy eyes which are watching attentively at such wonderful spectacle. Those dazed orbs look in awe how little, almost non visible particles float inside those bright rays, dancing in such delight slow motion which is beautifully broken by Youngjae’s soft and deep sigh; smiling as he admires the way those particles roll slowly in different directions through the small space.

His dark eyes softly look at his left, watching the handsome features of his bully lying right next to him in the living room’s comfy floor just that their bodies are in contraries directions. The tall boy’s brown orbs are closed and his chest raises and falls peacefully at his clam breathing. He doesn’t seem to be asleep, Youngjae is sure Jaebum knows he is looking at him, but Youngjae is not quite sure because of why he likes to watch Jaebum sleeping: maybe  because it’s the only moment when Jaebum looks so calm, so perfect it fills Youngjae’s heart with warm tenderness. Maybe because it’s the only time when Jaebum looks so vulnerable it makes Youngjae feel he is the only one who can protect him. Or maybe because it’s one of those moments when Youngjae feels this he can’t explain with words, is something like happiness but stronger and warmer, and pure… something like magic, but even more mesmerizing.     

-Are you planning on doing something to me, sunshine?- Jaebum asks him with a calm yet clearly suggestive tone, opening his eyes slowly and looking right at him.

Youngjae on his side could only blush a little at the question, mostly because of that intense gaze full of feelings he can’t really decode but still make his heart jump instantly. –Of course not…- he mumbles as selfless as he can be, turning his eyes back at the ceiling.

The black haired boy sighs as a smile curves on his lips, looking at that softly blushed plump cheek before his eyes close one more time. It didn’t take too long to bite back a smirk and pretend he was falling asleep when those sweet eyes posed on him again. Jaebum can’t help but wonder what’s going on inside Youngjae’s little head when he is watching him sleep. It happened just two times, but he feels the way Youngjae looks at him. It’s different than when they are looking at each other, it’s sweeter and warmer, and more special and different in a way Jaebum can’t really understand… It’s unique, like when he is watching Youngjae deep in sleep as well. ‘Is it love?’ Jaebum wants to ask him. ‘it’s that love what is reflected on your eyes when you watch me sleep?’ Jaebum wants to know, Jaebum wants to see those brown eyes dyed with the same feeling he is secretly hiding.

“Could it be? Could you love me, Youngjae?”

-Jaebum…- there’s that soft, sweet voice calling his name; and Jaebum has to swallow hard that knot of emotions on his throat because the only thought of Youngjae loving him makes him this anxious.

-Mmm?- it’s all what he manages to hum, still with his eyes closed, still with those orbs watching him.

-Can you… tell me something about you?- Youngjae asks, sounding somewhat shy in Jaebum’s ears.

His brown eyes open slowly, meeting with those dark ones and those mildly blushed cheeks, and Jaebum can’t help smile softly at the sight. -What do you want to know?- he asks back, watching  carefully how those pink lips purse in front of him, teasing him unconsciously.

-Ummm I don’t know, something. I realize long time ago I barely know you and, well, ummm… I just… want to know you a bit more.- Youngjae’s answer is low, and timid, and so cute that Jaebum wishes he could lock Youngjae inside his room and have him only for himself.

Uh, that’s probably one of the most selfish thoughts he have had… for now.

-Well…- Jaebum sighs, slowly sitting on the floor as he leans against the coffee table; watching how Youngjae imitates him by leaning against the couch. –I was born here, we used to move a lot because of dad’s work and… Blue is my favorite color, I’m pretty good at sports, but football is my thing. I like to go out, it doesn’t matter where. I like to sing, I love music in general. I’m a calm person, but I can get really angry and I show it. I like to be with my friends and bully a certain little nerd of mine… Oh, and I’m not really smart but my grades are good. I think that’s pretty much all.- he tells, finishing his tale with a playful smirk.

The brunette boy in front of him just stares at his eyes for a few silent seconds, and Jaebum doesn’t need to ask to know that Youngjae is thinking hard about something. –Ummm what about your mom?- and there it is, of all what he had said Youngjae has to choose that one topic to talk about.

Jaebum sighs deeply, hugging his knees as he places his chin on top of them, and Youngjae can see his brown eyes suddenly turning sad as they look down at the dark carpet. –My dad and my mom where really young when I was born… she told my dad she didn’t wanted to be a mom, that she had so many things to live she just couldn’t stay home to take care of a baby, of a family… she left us and my dad had to raise me by himself. I have never known anything about her, not her name or her face, and honestly I don’t want to either. For me, she is just the woman who brought me to this world and nothing else.-

Jaebum’s soft, low voice is hiding something, Youngjae can hear it clearly in his bully’s words; he can see it clearly in those brown orbs stained by the same sorrow he had in his own eyes so long time ago when his father died… but it can’t be the same feeling of hurt, the same pain and the same feeling of desperation, right? “Of course it’s not, Jaebum still has a chance.” he thinks feeling the familiar cold of sadness tickling his heart as he remembers that day is coming soon again.

-You should try to contact her.- Youngjae comments softly yet with honesty, placing his dark orbs in the older boy in front of him.

And Jaebum chuckles bitterly. -You didn’t hear me, Youngjae? I am her mistake, she doesn’t want to see me and I don’t want to see her either.- he explains, a bit harshly, looking back at those dark orbs that shine with an odd twinkle.

-She was young, Jaebum. She can be really regretful of the choice she took that time. She can be crying in the lonely nights because she lost her son because of her selfishness. She can be prying every day, every minute to some God to see you again and say how sorry she is, how wrong she was and how important she realized you are for her.- Youngjae tells with that weak smile that makes Jaebum’s heart ache.

-Or she can be happily living with the family she does want and never thinking about me or my dad.- he answers acid yet somewhat mad, why is Youngjae saying this? And why is Youngjae looking like that? So… hurt and sad.

The brunette boy in front of him sighs softly. –You’ll never know until you talk to her.- he says, and why does he sounds so nostalgic? -Can you promise me you’ll talk to her, Jaebum?- he asks, and why does he sounds so secretly heartbroken even when he is not crying?

Jaebum sighs long and deep one more time, swallowing all those questions and doubts he has because he feels Youngjae won’t tell him anything. –Okay, I promise…- he swears, watching how Youngjae’s expression is a bit calmer than before. -…But what will you give me in return?- he asks then with a sly smirk, watching how Youngjae rolls his eyes as the mood between them changes as he wanted to.

-Umm I don’t know. Nothing?- Youngjae wonders with obvious sarcasm, fixing his glasses as he smirks back at his bully.

-Oh come on, you know what I want.- Jaebum comments as he his lips slowly seductive, a mischievous tone ringing on his words. 

And the smart boy chuckles sarcastically. –No, I don’t.- he answers mockingly, crossing his arms above his chest.

-Just one kiss, right here on my lips.-  Jaebum boy says innocently, pointing out at his plump mouth.

Youngjae on the other hand frowns and pouts, knowing that Jaebum will insist till eventually gets what he wants; so the best thing the brunette boy can do is negotiate. –Just a hug.- he proposes in a serious tone, biting back a smirk when those brown orbs look at him incredulous.

-What?! No! A kiss on the cheek then.- Jaebum counter-proposes, unbelieving what he is hearing.

But Youngjae shakes his head. –A hug.- he insists, enjoying pretty much bulling his step brother with these things.

Jaebum stares for a few mute moments at those dark determinate orbs until he nods in the end. –Okay, a hug.- he accepts simply, sitting straight on the floor. –I want it now.- he demands as his lips curve in a smile it doesn’t look really reliable but Youngjae can’t see through it.

The brunette young boy feels way too triumphal to notice the way the tall boy is smiling at him, to notice that mischievous bright shining in those brown eyes. He just knells on the floor and with open arms he innocently leans to hug his defeat bully… when out of nowhere arms wrap around him and quick but kindly push him down on the carpet, as those darken eyes look down at his surprised, naïve expression.

-Oh how innocent you are, baby boy.- Jaebum comments in a dangerous mix between mockery and iness.

Youngjae feels his cheeks burning almost at that instant those words reached his ears, how stupid can he get? Really. -Hey! T-that’s not fair!- he exclaims outraged, yet clearly embarrass.

And Jaebum smirks, leaning down until their breaths are caressing their mouths again. –Not fair is the way you make me crave to kiss you, Youngjae.- he whispers, delighting himself as he watches that cute face burning in such a embarrass color red.

Oh, and he just couldn’t wait anymore. His lips locks perfectly with Youngjae’s full ones, kissing them slowly as Youngjae kisses him back, shyly like always. Soft arms hug him by the neck, feeling those small hands play timidly with his hair. Their tongues meet once again inside Youngjae’s sweet mouth as he moans quietly between their bond, and Jaebum smirks as his little nerd pulls his hair softly as a shiver runs down in theirs backs because they know this kiss is turning pretty hot and their bodies slowly are asking for more. So Jaebum gently breaks the kiss, hating himself as he does so but it won’t be a great idea to make love to his little nerd again, it doesn’t matter how much he craves to do it, it may be still a bit difficult for Youngjae and Jaebum doesn’t want to push him or scared him. 

A smile curves on his lips as he sees how bright pink Youngjae turned because of just a bit of sweet friction between their mouths, and he must say something quickly or his self-control may be thrown away. –Let’s go to the movies…- is the only thing is came to his blurry mind when he finally could look up at those tender eyes.

The last sun lights of the sunset where lighting up the living room with their beautiful mix between red, orange and yellow as the sun finally dies in the horizon. A soft word was the only response Jaebum gets in that moment, a calm and sweet ‘okay’ coming from those plum, pink lips. The first moments of the moon light where reflect on Youngjae’s shining eyes, which in Jaebum’s opinion where brighter than any moon or sun in this Universe… and certainly Youngjae’s smile is way much beautiful than any start in this vast galaxy.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Uh, it was awkward. Being on the line, side by side, waiting to buy the tickets on a saturday at 8:30PM in such a crowded place like the movie theater. Uh, it was awkward –really awkward- because couples where everywhere: on the candy shop, at the entrance waiting for to movie to start, behind them and in front of them. Uh, it was awkward –it was getting awfully awkward- as the couple in front of them starts to kiss and Youngjae has to turn his eyes away and sing a song in his head because the whispers of the couple behind them aren’t precisely lovely. Uh, it was even more awkward when someone who passed by pushed him and his hand brushed Jaebum’s. Uh, it was too much awkward already when Jaebum hugged him by the shoulders, squeezing them together and whispering something like ‘why so serious?’ which Youngjae didn’t bother to answer, or better say, didn’t want to answer because if he only looks up at Jaebum’s eyes he doesn’t want to think how his face would look.

Uh, it is so awkward… but why? This obviously isn’t a date, this isn’t two friends anxiously wanting to see the last Batman’s movie, this isn’t two colleagues who came out early from work and don’t have anything more productive to do than came to watch the last Batman’s movie: this is just them, just Jaebum and him, just two stop brothers, just bully and nerd being all alone the whole weekend and after kissing on the living room’s floor they decided to came to watch the last Batman’s movie. Is there any name society has to situations like these? Any social protocol to follow? Anything to make this less awkward?

-Youngjae…- the calm, low yet somewhat estrange voice of Jaebum brings Youngjae out of his thoughts, making him notice that the kissing couple is gone and is their turn to buy the tickets. –There’s no more tickets for the Batman movie today.- until those words stabbed his mind and heart without mercy.

The brunette boy’s eyes look incredulous at the girl in front of them, who just smiles condescendingly at him as she shakes her head. Call him exaggerated but Youngjae felt his heart going numb at that moment, and with the last drop of hope his eyes search for his step brother’s brown ones, looking at them with a pleading gaze to tell him is a cruel joke and there is tickets for the only movie he wants to watch. But no, Jaebum just shakes his head and shrugs because that’s the real thing and there’s nothing he can do about it.

Screw the social protocols and the awkwardness.

-What do you mean there’s no more tickets!?- Youngjae asks in a hurt, incredulous tone; looking at his bully who just smirks softly at how cute his sunshine is.

-They got sold out, little nerd.- Jaebum comments mockingly as he shrugs once again.

And so Youngjae pouts, crossing his arms and placing his eyes back at the girl behind the counter. -How can that be possible? It’s not any movie, is a Batman movie. Do you know how much people like Batman? Billon of them around the world! How can the theater put just two wards for this movie when they know everybody will come to watch it?- he burst out in frustration, seeing how the girl just eats candy after candy.

-Well you could have ordered the tickets online like the billon of people around the world did, sir.- she answers in such disgusting mocking tone it boils Youngjae’s blood in anger.

-Why don’t you watch another movie? There’s this new romantic comedy which is not sold out yet.- she comments then with a nice and cute tone, smiling wide as she turns her eyes to Jaebum as she points the poster of the movie behind her; and for some unknown reason Youngjae’s blood boils even more.

-What do you say, little nerd? Do we watch a romantic, crappy famous saga?- Jaebum wonders nicely amused, looking at him still with that soft smirk.

But Youngjae just raises his eyebrows, looking incredulously at his step brother. -Really? Do you think a boy with my intellect could want to watch a dumb saga made for airheads?- he asks sarcastic, watching how his bully smirks a bit more.

-Tsk, you came to watch Batman...- but there’s that stupid and annoying whisper of the girl in front of them, sounding so disgustingly mocking yet again that Youngjae can’t help but stare at her with the most hideous gaze he have ever had.

-Friends with Benefits, just give me two for that one.- Jaebum says then with his gentle tone, picking a random movie so they can get the hell out of there before his little nerd gets really angry and make this girl cry.

The cashier just smiles at him and quickly starts to tap on her computer until she finally gives him the tickets after paying for them. –Enjoy the movie and please came back soon!- she says all cheerful, giving a y wink to Jaebum to then just look with her y attitude at Youngjae as another candy goes directly into .

So the smart boy smirks –Keep eating, I can see your big, black caries from here.- he mocks, enjoying so freaking much how that girl gasp in horror and quickly runs away surely for look herself in a mirror.

Youngjae chuckles victorious once the annoying girl was gone, taking a confidence step towards the candy shop to buy something before the movie starts, though at this point he doesn’t care because he gave that a lesson and nothing can be better than that. But before he could even take another step, there’s a warm hand grabbing his small one, there are long fingers intertwining with his own, squeezing his hand tightly yet quite comfortable. Youngjae’s dark eyes look up, finding Jaebum’s brown ones looking affectively at him and Youngjae feels somewhat small under that gaze in this particular moment.

-We should get going, the movie is going to start soon.- is all what Jaebum says with his low yet secretly sweet tone.

And a soft nod is all what Youngjae answers, walking quietly besides Jaebum towards the wards as he can feel some eyes on him, on them. But for some fascinating, unknown reason this doesn’t feel awkward, this doesn’t feel wrong. Deadly embarrass, sure, but not awkward at all. This feels right, this feels comfortable, and this feels okay… like when they hug. Uh, yes, just like when they hug their hands seem to be made to lock together: just Youngjae’s hand with Jaebum’s, just Jaebum’s hand with Youngjae’s. Fitting perfectly like the pieces of a broken glass… but that sounds sad and this warm feeling in Youngjae's pounding heart is definitely not sadness.

His cheeks burn in a soft carmine tone as he squeezes that big hand shyly, lowering his head a little as they enter the wards to hide his embarrass self because of that stupid thought on his mind.

“Then… our hands lock perfectly together just like a puzzle with a missing piece.”


Why do I write all these cheesy things??~~~~ Sorry if it makes you sick but I can't help it, guys. I love 2Jae and they are so cute and adorable and awww~ 

Also sorry for not answering your comments but you all know I love reading them and I love how you love his story even if it isn't that good and I'm a terrible author >///< I know you all want a boyfriend like Jaebum here too but well, he is Youngjae's (?) :P 

I also know you all want Youngjae to confess already but you all know how Youngjae is here and it will take him a while to confess yet I think you will all like the ride until that happens... or so I hope ^^'

Lastly I want to say sorry if this chap is boring, I promise next one will be more exciting~ If you know what I mean~~ *wink wink*

As usual, thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing! You guys rock!!!

PS: I started a 2Jae oneshot which I don't know when will I finish (if I ever finish it since I'm in the middle of exams, I hate myself -.-) so please look forward to it sometime soon?~