The Experiment Vortex

The Big Crush Theory. 2Jae edition!

The night became day once again.  The white, cold moon leaved its place to the yellow, warm sun. The Earth has moved as expected, and our day is now somebody else’s night. Time has passed, hours have flown away and seconds have disintegrated so fast that you can’t believe how quickly things end. But Saturday have come, along with a plus of mind-breaking questions and doubts to the brilliant mind of a certain brown haired boy; who also has a big frown in his eyebrows, courtesy of last night’s incidents which keep re-playing in his head since… well, since he got home around 1AM.

You could see him now sitting in one of the big living room’s couches. His stare is lost at some point in that distant wall. He has big, black circles under his sleepy eyes denoting how much he has been thinking about last night’s events. His light brown hair is completely messy, result of the countless times when he was frustrated because no logical answer came to his mind deprived of sleep. And although it’s Sunday his mom and Sejoon aren’t home because they went to shop something for the house, he really didn’t listened; but that gave him the freedom to still be in his pajamas at 1:30PM.     

A big, deep sight scapes from Youngjae’s pink, dry lips as he leans against the comfy couch; staring at the ceiling as that boy’s touch is still so fresh in his skin. His brown, tired eyes close for a moment; and like if he was right there with him, those gentle lips kiss his neck again, his big, soft hands caress his back kindly, his lips move from his neck to his jawline, then to his cheek as he kiss it lovingly; and finally he kiss him, sweet and slow, enjoying the bound between their mouths. All those new and good sensations come back to his small anatomy thanks to his lack of sleep, and Youngjae just thinks that indeed, he couldn’t forget him if his touch is so etched in his memory and body.

The short boy’s dark and tired eyes open slowly, as his blurred vision captures the image of a face close to his; but after a few seconds his vision becomes clear and just now he can identify who this face belongs to. The small boy blinks, processing what is happening in his sleepy mind, and just then a surprise scream scapes from his mouth, making his step brother chuckle while he moves away to sit down beside him on the couch.

-What were you doing, little nerd? Having some dirty fantasy?- Jaebum asks, his mocking tone welcoming the younger boy as always.

-No, I’m not surrender to that basic instinct like you. I was thinking, you can Google that.- Youngjae smiles in satisfaction, knowing how much the taller boy must be feeling now.

But when he sees a smirk forming in those lips, he knows there must be something wrong. -About what? Did you have fun last night?- Jaebum wonders, the naughtiness ringing in his words.

A bright carmine color bloomed in the small boy’s cheeks as he remembers, once again, what that boy did to him. –O-of course not… why do you ask?- he says, wishing to not sound nervous but that was exactly what his ears catched.

-Oh really?- Jaebum mumbles, the smirk getting wider as he sees those cheeks blush madly. –So, I guess that hickey on your neck just appeared magically.- he comments ‘unconcern’ biting back a laugh as his step brother’s eyes open wide in shock.

Automatically Youngjae lift his hands to touch his neck, remembering that time when he really hard there. Without wasting any second he stood up and quickly rushes up the stairs to the bathroom, hearing Jaebum following him behind but he couldn’t care less as he reaches the room and stare with unbelieving eyes to his reflect on the mirror. A purple round bruise is on the left side of his neck, right below his mole, a perfect place to show to everyone. He bits his bottom lip restless, just looking at it, thinking in a way to cover it and wondering if his mother saw it this morning.

But there’s something that catch his full attention then, and it is not his step brother standing behind him and saying things that clearly the brown haired boy is not listening. There’s a smell, a familiar smell filling the bathroom. It’s strong but nice, and manly. He inhales the scent one more time, and his sleepy mind becomes completely awake as he identifies that smell as that boy’s cologne. His brown eyes quickly are set on his step bother; so the small boy turns around, looking with a doubtful gaze at the taller boy as he wonders what are the odds of Jaebum being the boy who kissed him last night.

A cold shiver runs down his spine as he leans closer to the black haired boy, sniffing his neck; feeling that scent filling his lungs just like the night before. But then he feels big hands on his shoulders pushing him away, as the taller boy’s brown orbs look at him with a slight confused gaze.

-What are you doing…?- Jaebum asks, his thin eyebrows frowning slightly.

-An experiment. Is that your cologne?- Youngjae asks back, frowning curios as he stares into those dark orbs.

-Well… yes…- Jaebum answers still confuse, as he opens the mirror’s cabinet and takes out a glass bottle with black and red letters writing the name of the perfume. –Here, this one. Is something wrong with it?- he wonders, handing him the bottle.

Youngjae takes it and admires the bottle, opening the cap and finding that indeed that’s the scent of that boy…but it could be possible that it was Jaebum, his step brother, bully and archi-enemy who kissed him last night? Could Jaebum, hypothetically speaking, have a fantasy of kissing him? And in the hypostatical case that Jaebum could have a fantasy like that, could he really be so gentle and sweet?

“No, no, no! Think straight! That’s impossible!” the small boy tells himself unbelieving, handing the bottle back to his bully.

-Do you know how many men use this cologne?- Youngjae inquires, prying to someone that the answer is  a million or more.

-Well this cologne is pretty popular because girls love it. So I think that a lot of men use it.- Jaebum answer calmly, seeing how cute his little nerd looks right now.

-‘A lot’ if not a number, I need a number.- the brown haired boy says almost desperate, trying to not sound like that.

-How should I know that? I don’t sell it, I don’t have a record.- Jaebum chuckles, enjoying so much how Youngjae puffs his cheeks in an annoyed way.

-Okay…- Youngjae sighs. –But, can I ask you one last thing?- he wonders, the seriousness so audible in his soft voice.

Jaebum just nods to that, leaving the perfume in the mirror’s cabinet as he closes it; anxiously waiting the smaller boy’s question but he tries to play it cool. Though when he sees those soft cheeks getting redder and redder, he clenches his fists strongly; holding back his huge desire to kiss them again just like he did last night.

-C-can you… hug me?- Youngjae whispers shyly, hating how stupid he feels because his step brother may be the one who kissed him and, in some way, he doesn’t want to know if that’s true.

-Ummm… what are you asking, nerd?- Jaebum asks in an amused tone, trying to sound mocking when in reality he is dying inside to have the little boy in his arms again.

-I-is just for the experiment…- the small boy mumbles, blinking uneasy as he looks into those dark brown orbs.

And Jaebum clenches his fists stronger, needing to run away from this situation right now before he can do something stupid… like kissing him. –Sorry little nerd, but I have things to do.- he says in the coldest and selfless tone he could fake, turning around as he quickly opens the door ready to get the hell out of there.

-W-wait!- Youngjae  exclaims then, grabbing his step brother’s arm before he could run away. And maybe is his idea but he feels the boy’s arm tense just like that boy did last night and Youngjae can see the older boy clenching his fists too.

He swallows slowly, because now there’s a lot of possibilities that his archi enemy could be, indeed, that boy who kissed him and made him feel so many good things. –I-if you don’t want to hug me… then… c-can I hug you? It’s just for the experiment, I swear!!- he says with all honesty, needing to know if it was Jaebum or not.

But the taller boy harshly releases himself from Youngjae’s weak grip, showing him his back as cold and mocking words leaves his mouth; although his heart aches painfully inside. -What makes you think I could let you do that? I don’t want you to hug me, nerd.- and just like that he simply walks back to his room.

Hearing the angry slam of a door Youngjae just sighs, feeling somewhat upset. –I don’t want to hug you either, I just want to know the truth.- he mumbles, walking out the bathroom as he hears the doorbell ringing. –But how can it be you? You are so cold and he was so warm and sweet.- he talks with himself, walking down the stairs as he sighs one last time before opening the door.

-Youngie! I have to tell you the rest of what happen last night!- Yugyeom’s excited voice echoes in his head, as a playful smile appears in his vision.

And Youngjae just smiles weakly, letting his best and only friend come inside his house and drag him to his room to ‘listen’ what his big friend has to tell him. Although he won’t hear much of the tale anyways since his mind and heart are a whirlwind of doubts and unwanted sensations.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Yugyeom talked, and Yugyeom talked a lot. Luckily for Youngjae his best friend started the story all over since he confessed that he didn’t hear a word last night and not for nothing Yugyeom is his best friend: he understand and told him everything from the top. It wasn’t so great, though. Jimin confessed she feels something for Yugyeom but being the nice and gentle boy he is Yugyeom turned her down kindly, telling her that he only like her as a friend. Youngjae didn’t find that too amazing or curios, because his best friend is clearly handsome like his mother has told him a lot of times, but what pinched the small boy’s curiosity was the fact that the big boy doesn’t like such a beautiful girl as Jimin.

-And you won’t believe it Youngjae, but right after I turn her down she told me she had someone to introduce to me.- Yugyeom amazed voice echoes in the boy’s ears, taking him out from his thoughts.

-Oh, really? It’s that bad?- Youngjae wonders confused, because he clearly doesn’t understand how all these kind of things work.  

-Well, it’s not so good…- the tall boy mumbles thoughtful. –Anyways, she told me it was someone who really wanted to meet me and she dragged me to the kitchen were people were talking, and you could not guess who she introduced me to.- he tells, his small eyes wide open in his characteristic expression of surprise and unbelieving.

The brown haired boy just shakes his head slowly, not wanting to guess because a) he doesn’t know too much people; and b) his best friend is gonna tell him anyways so why wait? –I don’t know, who was it?- he wonders, and he has to accept that he feels kinda curios.

-Get this and try to not fall out of the bed: Park… Jinyoung.- Yugyeom says slowly the boy’s name, smirking amused as those brown eyes get wider in surprise.

-Really? That fat wanted to meet you? Why?!- Youngjae exclaims incredulous, blinking quickly without understanding anything.

-Hey! Don’t call him like that, he is nice.- the tall boy comments, and it’s that a pale shade of carmine on his friend’s cheeks what Youngjae sees?

-He is nice? What are you talking about?! He hates me more than Jerkbum!- Youngjae says still incredulous, chuckling a little because he can’t believe how serious Yugyeom looks at him.

-But he was really nice to me, though…- Yugyeom mumbles, with such stupid shyness in his voice that all made sense in Youngjae’s brilliant mind.

-He was really nice with you, though. What are you now? Best friends?- the small boy wonders, kind of mocking, watching how his friend seems nervous.

-Of course not. But he is nice.- Yugyeom insists, a small smile cracking in his lips as surely something from last night plays on his mind.

-Yes, you have made that pretty clear. But, I’m curious, did you ask him why he hates me?- Youngjae wonders, remembering those countless times were that boy played cruel jokes on him.

-Well, yes. And he told me he just… doesn’t like you.- the tall boy answers softly, looking straight into the smaller boy’s eyes.

-So you know he bullies me, you hear him said he doesn’t like me and you still think he is nice?- Youngjae asks somewhat bothered, seeing how those small eyes look at him with a sorry glance.

The brown haired boy sighs then, standing up from his bed as he cross his arms above his chest; staring down at his best friend. –It’s okay if you want to be his friend; I’m nobody to prohibit it but… I just hope you won't start to hate me too.- he says in a soft, kind of hurtful voice; because if he loses Yugyeom he will be completely alone in this world.

-Youngie, come on.- Yugyeom whispers softly, standing up too as he wraps his long and strong arms around his small friend. –You are my best friend and I could never, ever hate you. Jinyoung is just nice but that doesn’t mean I’ll be his friend. How could I be friend of someone who hates my cute little buddy?- he wonders, feeling how short arms wraps around him too.

-Wow that sounded cheesy, Yugie.- Youngjae comments amused, hearing his friend chuckling.

-I’m trying to be serious here, Mr. Physics!- Yugyeom exclaims as amused as he is, moving away a little as he can look at those shining orbs.

-Yeah, whatever. Just promise me you won’t accept the dark side.- Youngjae chuckles, pulling his arms away as he show his pinky to his tall friend.

And the tall boy laughs a little, wrapping his pinky with his friend’s little one. –I promise, you know I could never do it.- he answers with confidence, laughing a bit more as the small boy playfully stick his tongue to him.

-So, tell me Youngie, did something good happen last night?- Yugyeom wonders, dragging the two of them back at the bed. Looking with eyes full of hope at his little friend.

-Well…- Youngjae looks up at the ceiling, pouting a little as he thinks if should tell about that boy to his best friend.

-Oh my ing God! What?!- Yugyeom exclaims excited, hugging a pillow as he bits it.

Youngjae sighs heavily, looking straight at those small eyes. –You have to promise you won’t laugh… or think funny things.- he asks, and although he tried to sound serious he looked just so cute.

-You have my word, Youngjae.- Yugyeom honestly says, and the small boy has nothing to doubt.

So Youngjae just takes a deep breath, starting his long and embarrassing tale for his best friend who listen every word attentively. He told everything: since when he met Suzy to when someone dragged him to that dark room and obviously he told about the kiss and the fact that someone was a boy. He shivered in fear and shyness when he added the tiny possibility that Jaebum could be that boy after detailed what happened before his friend came, and now he feels another cold shiver running down his back as Yugyeom doesn’t say a single word and just stares at him intensely. What’s happening inside that little head?

-So… if you say that someone was a boy, and you kissed him back, does that means you like… men?- Yugyeom wonders carefully, never turning his deep eyes away from those brown ones.

And Youngjae just sighs. –You know I have never showed interest in anyone. You know I have never liked anyone. So I can’t say I like men and I can’t say I don’t like him.- he explains, a slight shy tone playing in his words.

-Well… then we should do… another experiment, right?- Yugyeom proposes, sounding somewhat nervous in the small boy’s ears.

-Another one? What do you propose?- Youngjae fixes his glasses as he asks the obvious, kinda curios because of what his friends seems to be nervous aboutt. 

But there are no words answering his question, there’s just Yugyeom tackling him down on the bed as he lay above him, too close for the boy’s like. –Ummm… Yugie, w-what’s this?- he mumbles slightly uncomfortable, looking confused at those intense eyes.

-The experiment, what else?- Yugyeom answers in a low tone, making the small boy tremble a lot more uncomfortable. –If I kiss you and you like it, then you like men. And if you don’t like it… then I suppose you just like that boy.- he explains simply, calm and soft.

-O-oh…- is all what Youngjae mumbles; too shock to say something useful.

And just like that, without wasting time, he sees how his best friend lowers his handsome face closer and closer to his; slowly closing his small eyes as their noses touch kindly. And then his own brown orbs close as well, feeling the new and odd sensation of Yugyeom’s lips against his. They are thin, but Youngjae has to admit he likes that boy’s plump lips more. They are soft, but not as soft as those of that boy, and this are maybe a little bit too rough. That tongue playing with his own is shy, and that boy’s tongue was gentle. In short, this kiss feels okay, just okay. But that boy’s kiss felt nice, so nice.

Youngjae’s small hands move up to his friend’s shoulders, softly pushing him away as the air in his lungs runs out, and the feeling between their mouths is too odd and kind of wrong to keep with it too. His dark eyes open slowly, looking up to those brown ones as both of them try to catch some oxygen in their systems and Youngjae wonders if is a blush what he feels burning his cheeks right now.

-Well? Did you liked it?- Yugyeom asks looking down at him, a small smirk playing on his lips.

-Ummm…- Youngjae hums, not so sure if he should say the truth. –Well it was… good. I think…- he mumbles kinda shy, turning his gaze up the ceiling to avoid those intense eyes.

-Come on, Youngjae. Don’t think about my feelings, is not about that. Do you like it or not? Simple as that.- the tall boy says carefree, making the smaller one wonder how he can take these things so lightly.

Youngjae sighs deeply, placing his sorry dark orbs in his best friend’s again, shaking his head slowly as that stupid blush burn even more in his face. –Sorry, Yugie.- he apologizes, although he doesn’t know why.

And the tall boy just chuckles, moving away from his little friend as he sit up in the bed yet again; watching the small boy doing the same. –You don’t have to be sorry, Youngie. It was just an experiment, okay?- he says in a nice and calm tone, looking into his friend’s eyes with his characteristic cool gaze.

-Okay, but, does this means I like that boy?- Youngjae wonders, a slightly worry tone ringing in his voice.

-Well, you told me you quiet liked the kiss so… maybe you do like him.- Yugyeom answers sincerely, in an odd serious tone.

And the brown haired boy pouts. –Is it possible to like someone who you don’t even know?- he wonders, just a bit annoyed and frustrated.

The tall boy just shrugs at his question, not really interest in giving an answer as he turns on the TV and start to switch channels. -Who knows, Youngjae? Maybe it’s possible, or maybe it's not. You will have to find out.- he comments simply, fixing his brown orbs in the flat screen.

Youngjae sighs once again, laying down on his comfy bed as Yugyeom’s small laughs fill his ears as well as that TV show he’s watching, but the small boy can’t help but wonder if he really should ‘find out’ if he likes that boy and if he should find out who is he too. What if that boy is a horrible person? What if that boy just did it to bother him? What if that boy just made fun of him...? What if that boy really is Jaebum…? Would he want to know if it was his step brother?

“I have more important things to worry about! I will just forget about it and that’s all” Youngjae tells himself, frowning a little as he feels completely annoyed by the situation.

But will he really forget about it when those lips keep traveling on his skin like if they were actually kissing him again?

“I guess… It’s going to be hard to forget” he thinks somewhat sad, closing his eyes slowly as his body feels again all those tender caresses from last night.

Seems like that boy and his touch are going to haunt him until he finally find him.


I'm a so-not-lowkey YugJae shipper, so I totally enjoyed that kiss~ But don't worry, it was nothing to worry about ^^

Guys I'm really happy you are liking this so much!!! Seriously I love reading what you think of it and such~ So thanks a lot for commenting and reading this!!! ^^