The Odd Afternoon Reaction

The Big Crush Theory. 2Jae edition!

The sun was falling in Seoul, slowly and lonely; leaving in the vast sky the memory of its stay with yellow and orange shadows painting all over the city and across the white pluffy clouds. The afternoon was dying calmly that beautiful summer day; and after hours and hours of videos games and short, meaningless competitions Youngjae and Yugyeom had end in the boy’s bedroom’s floor laughing hard as their stomachs hurt and their lungs runs out oxygen, burning slightly as they try to catch some air with fast and heavy breathings.

-Youngie! I’m hungry!- the tall boy whines, pinching his friend’s round cheeks as he pouts.

-You know where the kitchen is, Yugie.- the brown haired boy smacks that hand away from his soft skin, as his pink lips pouts as well while he looks at those cute eyes.

-But I’m your guest; you should bring me something to eat.- Yugyeom comments goofily, slyly mischievous.

-Guest? What are you talking about?! You practically live here!- Yugyeom laughs a little as how unbelieve his friend sounded.

-Youngie~ Please~- Yugyeom begs, using his best cute face and tone to get what he wants.

-Kim Yugyeom, if you want food, move your downstairs.- Youngjae mocks amused, poking the slight frown in the other boy’s face.

-What’s up with that vocabulary, Mr. Physics?- the tall boy asks in a quizzical tone as a small smirk appears in his strong features.

And so the smaller boy rolls his brown eyes. –Is Jerkbum’s fault…- he mumbles bothered, because he hates the fact that this boy has a little influence on him.

-Oh my God! You are letting him enter in your head! After all these years, you are finally shutting down!- Yugyeom exclaims excessively concerned, sitting abruptly on the floor as he looks with wide open eyes at his small friend.

And Yugyeom chuckles as he sees his friend’s expression, sitting in front of him as he sighs deeply. –I’m not letting him ‘enter my head’ and I’m definitely not ‘shutting down’, I’m just talking like him way too much. I had been living in the same environment with him so is pretty difficult not get new words to my vocabulary.- Youngjae explains in a calm tone, watching his friend softening his gaze.

-Okay Youngie, if you say so…- the tall boy sighs calmly. –But, are you going to give me some food?- he asks then, smiling wide like a good boy although he looks quiet creepy.

Youngjae sighs as well then, standing up as he walks out the room without saying a single word, hearing his best friend’s happy giggles as he closes the door and walks down the stairs… being ‘welcomed’ with those boys’ loud voices and noises. He just ignores them, approaching the kitchen slowly which sadly is connected with the living room, but fortunately has two small doors so nobody noticed his presence.

He quietly takes out a try, a plate and two glasses for one of the cupboards, and then he simply puts some cookies his mom had made this morning and those five troglodytes didn’t eat yet, luckily. Then he walks to the fridge, taking out some orange juice and serve it into the glasses; but in the instant he sets the fragile glass jar on the kitchen’s counter, there’s someone leaning against it, looking down at him so directly that makes him feel somewhat uncomfortable.

-Do I have something on my face?- Youngjae asks with a clear sarcasm in his voice, never turning his eyes away from the tray as he put some napkins there too.

And that someone nears him chuckles softly. –No, I was just thinking that your cheeks are really fat. I wonder how they feel…- that someone tells him, so obviously mocking.

But Youngjae just clenches his fists, turning his dark eyes to his step brother’s brown ones. –They are not fat, they are plump.- he explains bothered, puffing his cheeks a little.

And Jaebum smirks, almost invisible. He quickly raises his arms, pinching those cheeks as he feels for the first time how soft and warm they are. –Wow…- is all what he mumbles, seeing his little step brother closing his eyes tight.

-It hurts!- the small boy says annoyed, taking those hands between his as he pulls them away from his sensible skin.

A slight something runs in Jaebum’s body when Youngjae’s hands take almost kindly his own, feeling the warmness from the boy’s skin softly burning his cold one. He quickly pulls his hands away then, looking down as he can feels the smaller boy’s confused and surprised gaze set on him. 

-Don’t eat all the cookies, little nerd.  My friends may want some later.- is all what Jaebum says emotionless before walking out the kitchen, leaving behind a puzzle Youngjae who can’t help but look down at his hands as if in them was the answer for that what he can’t understand.

Jaebum flops down on the couch besides his handsome friend yet again, staring at the kitchen’s doors as if he was expecting for something to happen. But nothing actually does; so he sighs deeply, closing his eyes as the burning sensation of Youngjae’s skin is still in his hands, making a mess inside him.

-Hyung…- Jinyoung’s voice reaches his ears softly, sounding somewhat serious and slightly concerned.

-Shut up, Jinyoung… just please shut up.- Jaebum mumbles, maybe a bit sharp, leaning his head back against the soft couch.

He hears clearly his friend sighing, as well as Bambam’s and Jackson’s voices talking about something in the game. –I won’t say anything, but doesn’t it get harder and harder each day?- Jinyoung wonders  in what sounded worry.

Jaebum slowly opens his dark eyes at those words, looking up the ceiling as the last yellow and orange sunlight of the afternoon seeps kindly through the living room’s clear windows; staining the white roof with those shining colors.

-Of course it does…- he whispers weakly, as his mind goes back to that first day where his memories are so fresh like if had happen just yesterday.

And he can’t help but think that indeed it had got harder and harder each day since then.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

There was silence in the room. Quiet and intense silence as two friends are sitting in the floor; looking at each other without blinking not even once. A pair of brown orbs look at the other with a confident and determined gaze, while those other little ones shine begging; immersing the two young boys in a wordless battle, as the question “Come to Jimin’s birthday party with me tonight” float in the air around them since about 5 minutes ago.

-So… what do you say, Youngie?- Yugyeom asks nicely with his widest smile.

-Is it really necessary? I think you already have your answer, Yugie.- Youngjae responds, using his cute sweet smile against his friend.

And the tall boy sighs heavily. -Pleeeease! Come to the party with me!- he says in a loud mix between a beg and a whine, making his little friend chuckle.

-You know I don’t go to parties, and you knew my answer before asking. So, Kim Yugyeom, go and find someone else. You still have some time till 10PM.- the smaller boy comments, a bit of amusement ringing in his soft voice.

-Come on, Youngjae!- Yugyeom exclaims, somewhat tired. –Is gonna be fun, I promise.- he assures; a confident twinkling in his small, expressive eyes.   

But the brown haired boy just shakes his head, as confident as his best friend’s orbs. –There’s no chance, Yugie. Sorry.- he says, crossing arms above his chest; closing the case.

-Please, Youngie. Just come with me! Just this one time!- Yugyeom insists, ignoring the other boy’s sign. –I swear for my mom’s chocolate cake that if you don’t have fun I won’t ever, EVER dance again.- he tells, putting his hands up in the air to show sincerity.

And Youngjae laughs a little, picturing the image of Yugyeom’s sad face after… 10 minutes without moving as his favorite song is blasting through the stereo. –Hypothetically talking: if I go to that party, how I’m gonna have fun, according to you?- he wonders, raising his eyebrow questionable.

-Well, there’s gonna be good music and maybe a karaoke and you sing insanely good so…- the tall boy mumbles thoughtful, looking up the ceiling as his arms fold over his chest.

-I won’t sing in front of other people, Yugyeom.- Youngjae denies quickly in a serious, almost sharp tone.

-Oh, so then… There is gonna be alcohol, a lot of alcohol.- Yugyeom smirks, turning his shining orbs to his little friend.

-No, I definitely won’t drink alcohol.- Youngjae states without a doubt. -You saw what happened at your house that time when your parents came back for a few days from Japan…- he mumbles, feeling a rush of heat running to his cheeks.

And the tall boy laughs, remembering that day as he can’t help but laugh even more. -Oh my God! That was epic!- he exclaims amused. -You were totally drunk that night! Telling my mom that the sake was sweet but never sweeter than her!- he remembers, his laughter getting  louder.

-Y-Yugyeom …- Youngjae mumbles shyly, hiding his blushed face behind his small hand.

-And when you told to my dad that he had to watch out my mom because somebody may ‘steal’ her away from him?! He was so angry!- Yugyeom keeps remembering, feeling some funny tears running down his eyes. -You only took a sip and bum! You were a complete lady-killer!- he adds, his friend’s seductive gaze still so fresh in his memory.

-Yugyeom, really, stop.  Is so embarrassing.- Youngjae sighs, feeling his face burning strongly because of the shame.

-Awww, come on Youngie. It was a good night, my mom enjoyed it pretty much… but I can’t say the same about my dad.- Yugyeom mocks a little more, seeing his friend’s red face full of embarrassment.

-Anyways…-Youngjae sighs once again, trying to put aside that uncomfortable topic. –You are not convincing me at all.- he says seriously, staring at those shining eyes.

Yet Yugyeom just smiles at him. –Youngjae, I’m just inviting you because I really want to go to this party with you. I think that you may like it and we can have a really good time together. You can meet new people and make more friends.- he tells honestly, looking straight at those brown orbs.

-But I don’t want new friends. I’m fine just with you.- the brown haired boy says low and soft, lowering his head a little as he plays with his hands.

-Okay, then come and spent the whole night with me.- Yugyeom says sweetly, so warmly honest.

Youngjae lift his gaze at that, meeting those sparkling orbs again; finding his best friend’s pure soul talking sincerely. –Okay, I’m gonna go…- he accepts, seeing Yugyeom’s wide smile in his happy face. -But what if you find some girl? I don’t want to… ruin anything.- he comments, pouting slightly.

Suddenly his small body is tackle down by his tall friend above him. -Oww, Yugyeom!- he whines, feeling that strong anatomy pressing his fragile one into the cold floor.

-If I find a girl… then you should do the same, Youngie.- Yugyeom answers him, wiggling his eyebrow in a suggestive way.

-Yeah, no, I was expecting something reasonable and realizable.-Youngjae tells him in amusement, looking up at his heavy friend.

And just when Yugyeom was about to say something mocking like ‘get some beer and done’, Youngjae’s bedroom’s door suddenly opens; showing them a black haired boy looking down at them with narrow eyes and a stupid smirk.

-I knew it... The two of you are so gay.- Jaebum mumbles quizzical, standing there without walking in; not even minding to explain his presence.

So the small boy tills his head back, watching his step brother face with a smirk as well. –Says it the boy who locks himself in his room with his four friends for hours.- he highlights, mockingly. –To me, that sounds like an .- he comments, ‘casually’

And Jaebum wrinkles his nose, displease at that idea; but quickly he puts the smirk back on his face. –I’m all alone now, but you two are on the floor in such pose… quite revealing.- he says, raising a mocking and doubting eyebrow. 

But Youngjae smiles mischievously, tangling his arms around Yugyeom’s neck. –Then, do you mind?- he asks, looking back at his friend whose eyes are wide open in shock.

He hears how clearly Jaebum grabs the knob and closes the door a bit too roughly, walking away with angry steps, totally forgetting the reason that brought him to the younger boy's room, as Youngjae just chuckles, sticking his tongue out in a playful way to tell Yugyeom that it was all just a joke for the older boy. And his friend sighs relived, moving away from him as the two of them stand up.

-You almost kill me, Youngie. Don’t ever do that again.- Yugyeom pleads, breathing exaggeratedly heavy.

Yet Youngjae just chuckles some more. –Yeah, yeah. Come, help me pick something to wear tonight.- he simply says, grabbing the other boy’s arm and dragging him to his wardrobe. – By the way, what’s the dressed code for birthday parties of someone that you don’t know?-  he wonders amused, making his friend face-palm himself in a comical way.

And the two of them laugh, taking some cloths and making some ‘nice’ outfit for the upcoming party. And although Youngjae wasn’t excited when Yugyeom invited him to this party, now he may be little more optimistic about it.

Who knows? Maybe something good would happen tonight.