The Jealousy Factor

The Big Crush Theory. 2Jae edition!

Life is curious, isn’t it? At some point, life is funny too. Because, I mean, Friday nights always were the same for a certain brunette, amazingly smart boy: he read his favorite comic books on Friday night, he see his favorite animes on Friday night, he even watches some interest TV show on the Discovery Channel on Friday night, and if Yugyeom doesn’t go to some party they watch a good thriller on Friday night. So today is Friday night again… but right now, in this instant, he is not in his home doing what he like the most. Oh no, he is –and get this without falling off your chair- in a club. Yes, those places were people, if you could call these animals by that adjective, come to drink considerable amounts of alcohol and search for a ‘hook up’ like Jackson had so nicely  explained to him before getting into this unknown jungle.

So life is curios, because this is Friday night but is not his Friday night. And life is funny too, because besides this is not his Friday night, he is in the only place in this endless world which he never in his short life has imagined -not even as a joke- to come. The only place on this beautiful planet that it isn’t interesting at all. The place where such an incredible clever boy like him should be the only one forbidden to put a foot in. The place, which for him is like an elephant cemetery, because people came here just to let their intellects die… If they ever had intellect, that’s it. And who had the marvelous idea of bringing him here? Yes, of course, his step brother, bully and archi enemy who now, on top of all that, is his friend.

   See why life is curious and funny now?      

-Little nerd, we are not here to think!- a certain someone exclaims by his side on the corner’s table, ruffling his brown locks in a kind touch that makes him shiver slightly.

Youngjae’s eyes lift softly from the dark red table, to place them right into those brown ones which shine clearly even under the dim light of the club. –Yes, it’s more than obvious…- he answers in an acid, funny tone; a soft smirk almost curving in his pink lips.

But Jaebum does smirk too, with that grin in his handsome face that makes Youngjae feel like something is starting to burn inside him. -Being a smart even in a club, little nerd? That’s not funny.- Jaebum comments amused, taking a sip from the red drink he ordered.

So the Youngjae turns his gaze away once again, sighing deeply as he leans against the uncomfortable chair. –I’m not trying to be funny, I don’t want to be here.- he explains, somehow; a cute whining tone rigging at the end of his words.  

-Come on, Youngie! This place is amazing!- Yugyeom exclaims cheerfully from the other side of the table; because yes, there was no way in the Universe he could come to this unknown place with the gang without his best and only friend... and yes, that means Jerkbum accepted his condition at the end.

-That’s right, Youngjae!- Jinyoung adds with a big smile besides Yugyeom. -You should go and dance with someone just like Mark hyung!- he comments oddly jolly, maybe because of that unreliable green drink on his hand… what on Earth is that, by the way? 

Youngjae prefers not knowing, instead he places his eyes on the dance floor a few step away from their table, finding the older boy dancing too close and too intimate with a brunette girl. So he frowns, looking back at those small dark eyes of Jinyoung as he shakes his head. –No, I won’t dance with anybody.- he states secure, watching the other boy rolling his eyes.

-Little nerd, you have to dance with someone. Why did you come if you won’t?- Jaebum asks him then with a soft but still amused tone, calling his attention.

-You dragged me here because you said I’ll make friends. And estrangers in process of being friends should not be so close and so intimate like Mark hyung over there, like everybody in this place.- the small boy answers logically, or with what he think in logical, as he looks straight into those deep eyes in front of him.

-Oh, you are an expert on making friends now?- Jaebum comments sarcastic, that smirk on his face getting wider… and ier.

Youngjae feels a little heat blooming on his cheeks, but he is thankful that the dim light of this horrible jungle covers up. –The low experience I have about it tells me that.- he tells with confidence, breathing calm as he hears his voice come out clear.

Jaebum just laughs softly, loving the way his little nerd has an answer for everything. –So tell me, what’s your ‘logical’ plan for making friends then?- he wonders in a so obvious mocking tone, though inside he just want to grab the short boy and kiss him against some wall.

There’s a moment of silence as the brilliant boy thinks in something to answer… but it’s more than clear he doesn’t know how to make friends, and less in a place like this. –I thought you were the one who was going to teach me how to make friends.- he mumbles somewhat mad, pouting a little because he hates not knowing about something so simple like this.

And it was there, at that moment, in front of that damn enticing image that Jaebum almost lose it. He almost threw away all his effort to not make his step little brother afraid of him, because that was what he has been doing all this past week: trying to suppress this overwhelming desire, need, of kissing him. You may think is stupid, but for Jaebum is something important -terribly important- to control himself and take everything with his little nerd with small, soft, baby steps. Because if he is too impulsive, too passionate with this naïve boy he may scared him and nothing good could came out of it. So it was a good thing –or probably not- that Yugyeom talked at that moment.

-You can go and talk with someone at the bar, Youngie. There’s a lot people waiting their drinks and you can meet someone cool.- the tall boy comments with a nice smile, that one Jinyoung by his side is secretly watching in delight.

-Really?- Youngjae wonders to his best friend so cutely surprise and curios, putting that adorable expression with his eyes wide open and his eyebrow raised. His gaze turns to look at the distant bar after Yugyeom nods, finding that indeed there’s a lot of people talking and sharing a drink or two.

-So I can go, order a bottle of water and meet someone, right?- the brunette wonders as his eyes are placed once again on his step brother, feeling suddenly a bit too much excited for his like.

-Well… sure…- Jaebum answers, not as excited as the small boy because he doesn’t want his little nerd talking with some estranger. What if it’s a girl and she tries to take advantage of him? Youngjae is just too naïve to even know when someone is hitting on him.

-Okay! I’ll get going then!- the brunette boy comments cheerful, again, too much for Jaebum’s like.

And before the bully could say a word his step little brother is out his view and walking into that big crowd of people. A deep sigh escapes from his mouth as he lays his eyes on the two boys in front of him, precisely the taller one. –Next time just shut up, Yugyeom…- he says, stressing the verb in something alike to a hiss.

Yugyeom on his side just chuckles, playing with the beer can on his hands as he looks back at the black haired boy. He knows what Jaebum feels for his best friend, when he heard what Youngjae told him he catched it right away. Maybe Youngjae was naïve and innocent, or maybe he just can’t see it but Yugyeom does, clearly.

-Why? I’m just making it a little bit harder for you, Jerkbum. It’s not like you can’t handle it, right?- the tall boy wonders with a playful smirk, not feeling threatened by the darken look of those brown orbs.

-It’s already too hard, so don’t do stupid things like that again.- Jaebum tells him dead serious, watching how the other boy’s smirk fades away… and he wonder how this boy knows so much.

-Well, if things became harder and harder, and you still keep… fighting, then maybe I could help you.- Yugyeom comments with a soft yet honest voice, showing his clear soul in his sharp eyes.

To that the black haired boy chuckles, grabbing his drink as he stands up. –Then I’ll help you with Jinyoung but I won’t be nice and you won’t get it easy: we are four, and Mark is pretty caring of his little Jinyoungie.- he tells, winking to the tall boy as he see the two of them blushing.

Jaebum laughs a little, shaking his head as he can’t believe these two. –I’m gonna search for Bambam, he may be arriving by now.- he says simply, remembering his friend who had some issue with his family and was coming late tonight.

And just like that he walks away, leaving the ‘couple’ behind as he walks to the club’s entry with his drink in hand, ignoring with a nice but fake smile to all those girls which try to seduce him and invited him to dance. But his brown eyes just look at the bar, seeing a brunette little head highlighting from the rest like always…

…Or maybe it’s just his innate gift of seeing Youngjae before anyone else.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Time runs slow, doesn’t it ? It flies slowly away like dry leafs in autumn. And time runs even slower if you are all alone in a bar, with a bottle of water in your hand, waiting to talk with someone… Or maybe time doesn’t run slowly; maybe you are just stuck in time. So after several minutes of being waiting you start to feel… Stupid, Youngjae feels stupid. Like he has never felt in his life. So stupid that he could just go and dance ridiculously in the middle of the dance floor to end with this embarrass way of feeling.

A deep, kind of disappointment sight slid from those pink fullll lips as the mineral water falls down his throat smoothly; finishing his ‘drink’ as he leaves the empty bottle on top of the bar and boringly turns around in the stool. His little feet touch the ground after what seems hours and he finally stands up, starting to walk while fixing his glasses as soft, annoying mumbles die in his lips because they never open to let them go… But out of nowhere he bumps with someone, losing the balance for short seconds as he tries to keep his glasses on to not let them clash against the floor.

-S-sorry, I’m sorry. I w-wasn’t looking!- Youngjae rushes to bow and apologize with this person, feeling really embarrass and nervous because of all places he has to be clumsy right here.

There’s a soft yet nice laugh echoing in his ears along with the club pop-electronic music, so the brunette slow and nervously lift his head, finding a blonde boy with glasses -fashionable glasses- just like him. –It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize. I was the one who wasn’t looking.- he says smiling, and Youngjae dares to say his smile is more attractive than Jaebum’s.

-Umm… uh… I-I don’t know what to say…- the small brunette comments embarrassed, because he really doesn’t know what to say. Why is his mind suddenly blank? And why is he staring at this boy so much?

He feels his soft cheeks blushing at that thought, so he immediately turn his eyes away from the other boy who chuckles at his nervous act. –Cute…- he comments with a smile again. -Where you leaving?- he asks then, a curios but nice tone sounding in his voice.

-Ummm… y-yeah. I thought I could meet someone on the bar b-but I get tire of waiting.- Youngjae explains somewhat disappointed with himself, fixing his nerd-like glasses as he shyly looks at the boy in front of him.

-Well, you meet me or I don’t count?- he wonders amused, flashing a smirk which Youngjae can't help but stare more of what is Universally ‘normal’

-U-Ummm… s-sure you count… I just… give up after five minutes.- the small boy comments in such a nervous voice, feeling his face burning even more because he is just so stupid.

The other boy just chuckles again, and Youngjae can’t help but watch his smile the whole time. –You should never give up! Nothing good happens if you give up.- he says with honesty and confidence, that smile still curve in his handsome face.

-W-well… This time I give up and that brought me to meet you, isn’t that something good?- Youngjae asks calmer, showing his scientific side which always appears.

The other boy thinks about it for a while, nodding slowly as he starts to understand the logic of what Youngjad had said. –It is, but you didn’t give up entirely. Because if you did, then you should have ignored me when I asked you if I counted right?- he says with a glorious smirk.

And so Youngjae just blinks, did he really just heard that? Did he really heard some logic coming from someone in a club?... Who could have thought about it! Humanity isn’t so lost after all.

-Wow… I think you are the only one who could have follow that line of thought.- he comments slightly excited, because this boy is starting to like him.

-I know I look dumb but I am not.- he smirks mildly mischievous, making the smaller boy blush in embarrassment.

-I-I didn’t meant to sound like that!- Youngjae rushes to explain nervously, because he really didn’t.

But the blonde boy just chuckles one more time. –I know you didn’t mean it, it’s just I knew you’ll get nervous and blush, and you are really cute when you do it so I just wanted to see it.- he tells him sincerely, his voice becoming softer at each word.

And Youngjae can’t help but blush redder at that confession. –I-I’m not cute… Men are not cute.- he says in a slightly angry tone, puffing his cheeks out and frowning, contradicting what he said.

The other boy was about to say something about it but Youngjae sees how he turns around to look at one… red haired boy? Who says something to him and he just nods, turning his shining eyes back at him. –, I have to go now. But can you tell me your name?- he wonders, looking straight into his dark orbs making the small brunette tremble.

-Y-Youngjae …- the small boy answers, seeing how he smirks again.

-Y-Youngjae?- he wonders, raising an doubtful eyebrow as his tone sound ily amused.

And the smart boy swallows hard, wondering what is he thinking. ily amused? What’s the heck?! –Youngjae.- he says firmly then, nodding confident.

The boy in front of him just raises his arm and kindly ruffles his hair, making Youngjae tremble yet again. –It’s nice to meet you, Youngjae-ah… I’m Wooyoung.- he smirks, and he winks at him, using the most soft yet low tone he ever hear. -Will I see you again?- he wonders then, staring with his penetrant gaze.

-Umm… m-maybe.- Youngjae mumbles, still dazed because of that tone and that gaze.

-Maybe…?- Wooyoung raises his eyebrows in surprise, but the smirk in his face tells otherwise. –Okay, then I’ll be searching for you, Youngjae-ah.- he comments, ruffling the small brunette’s hair one more time before walking away.

Youngjae just blinks as he sees Wooyoung’s back getting at each step more distant until finally the other boy is lost in that big sea of people. He slowly raises a hand, touching one of his cheeks as he feels how warm it is and how red must looks because Wooyoung is really such a handsome boy.

“Wait! Why am I thinking that?!” Youngjae wonders alarmed, feeling his face going cold at that instant.

But before he could start to torment his brilliant mind with question which never will lead him to something good, someone grabs his arm and without saying anything start to drag him somewhere. Between the shock and the surprise the small boy can see, after fixing his glasses one more time, that this someone is his step brother. So Youngjae smiles, following his bully’s fast steps across the dance floor.

-I meet someone, Jerkbum! I think I made a friend!- the brunette comments proud of himself. Because aside from the entire stupid blushing thing, Wooyoung could be his friend right?

The small boy’s brown eyes stare at Jaebum’s onyx hair, waiting for an answer and even a cheering ‘good job’ But nothing come out from the older boy’s sweet lips… and here Youngjae goes again, blushing mildly as the memory of his step brother lips kissing him in such a soft, yet deep way make him shiver strongly. He swallows then, seeing how the tall boy leads them inside the bathroom and quickly locks the door.

-He told me his name is Wooyoung and he was real ---

The rest of the phrase dies in Youngjae’s throat as those plump and sweet lips meet with his own again. Finally, again. And the brunette has to swallows a small moan of surprise as the older boy pinned him against the nearest sink, just to then lift him and sit him on the sink as those big hands hold his waist firmly. Youngjae squeezes weakly the soft fabric of Jaebum’s shirt, kissing back as he tries to meet the quick, rough and hot speed of his step brother’s lips but it’s more than obvious he can’t. Slowly he starts to give up, letting the other boy slid his tongue into his mouth, feeling the odd taste of alcohol for the second time in his life.  A small moan escapes from Youngjae’s swollen lips as Jaebum his bottom lip harshly to finish the heated, yet sweet kiss.

-What… is… your… problem…?- Youngjae gasps for air almost desperately, fixing his glasses because a certain brute wasn’t nice and tender while kissing him.

And Jaebum just smirks. –You…- he answers simply. –You and your dumb, naïve mind.- he adds, getting closer to his little nerd once again. -What were you doing with that boy a while ago?- he asks, staring so intensely at those dark orbs that he can feel the younger boy shivering.

-M-Making friends… like you told me.- the smaller boy answers as ‘simple’ as his step brother, prying for not to sound nervous… but he did sound like that.

-He was smirking far too much for just ‘making friends’… and why did he touch your head?- Jaebum inquires clearly bother, amusing the younger boy a little.

-By any chance, and this is just a mere curious question, are you jealous, Jerkbum?- Youngjae wonders slightly mocking, looking straight into those dark eyes to know the truth. 

But the older boy just chuckles sarcastically. –You wish…- he mumbles with a twinkle of egocentrism. But yeah, he’s dying inside of jealousy.

-Really…?- the brunette narrows his brown eyes doubtful. -Why did you drag me here and… kissed me then?- he asks, trying to keep compose but he can’t help that stupid blush tickling harder on his face.

So Jaebum smiles, not a smirk, but a warm smile curves in his lips as the grip in that slim waist remains strong but he make it softer. –Because I didn’t kiss you for a while now… and I couldn’t help it anymore.- he tells nicely, finding those dark orbs shining so damn cute.

-Oh… s-so… w-why were you holding back?- Youngjae mumbles embarrassed, turning his eyes away because he hates feeling this way. And why is his heart beating so fast all of a sudden?

-That’s not important anymore…- Jaebum mumbles against that warm cheek, leaving a small kiss as the boy in his arms trembles yet again. –I won’t hold back if you tell me is okay to kiss you anytime I want.- he whispers slightly seductive in that red, soft ear.

-A-anytime you want…? E-even in front of our parents?- Youngjae wonders with a soft alarmed tone in his shaking voice, giving the older boy a shock look.

Jaebum chuckles at how innocent and cute his little nerd can be some times. –No, not in front of our parents. But that means I can do it any other time?- he ask as his dark, exited orbs are hook with those tender ones.

Youngjae sighs deeply, letting out of the tension he feels right now because of that question, because of that look, because of those eyes… because of that kiss… and because of this boy in front of him. He feels his embarrass face burning until the limit of what if physically possible, and he hears so clearly and loud how his heart is beating inside his ribcage for some unknown reason like if it could explode in any instant because of… because of… what’s this warm feeling in his heart, anyways?

-Y-you did it... not once, but four times before… and I-I didn’t... complaint. So… I-I think that talks for itself clearly.- the brunette mumbles somewhat shy, yet trying to remain serious and maybe a little selfless. But his nervous tone, his shaking voice, his embarrass gaze and his carmine cheeks fool no one.

Jaebum smiles at him, oh Holy Father of Science he smiles at him. Is that smile Jaebum gave him that Sunday night, his true smile. His smile full of light and affection. His radiant and beautiful smile which makes Youngjae tremble. His little anatomy shakes completely just for that magic grin, and a timid smile curves in his swollen, pink lips as well… wondering if is possibly to broke the physics limits, because he is completely sure his face is red as the center of the Sun. probably equally hot.

-Okay, so why don’t we just…?- Jaebum mumbles softly, lowering his handsome face closer to the brunette’s blushed one… But there’s a small, smooth finger on his lips; forbidding to finish with the almost inexistent gap between their mouths.

-No…- Youngjae shakes his head, making Jaebum frown confuse. -You really weren’t jealous? Not at all? Not a little?- he asks curios, a cute pout forming in his lips.

Jaebum kindly takes that finger away from his face, chuckling softly because he knows where Youngjae wants to get with that question. –Are you asking me to be right or because you really want to know?- he wonders amused, a playful smirk curving in his plump lips.

-I’m a genius, I’m always right. I just want you to admit it.- Youngjae’s smile is mocking, yet so adorable. 

But that grin fades away as his step brother’s handsome face is just tiny inches away from his, those penetrant dark eyes staring at his own like if they were trying to look into his soul… making him feel anxious.

-Okay, I was jealous. I’m still jealous. Who the does he think he is to smirk at you and to touch you? You are my little nerd and I am the only one who can do that…- a shiver runs down Youngjae’s spine as Jaebum’s words reach his ears in such a low, y tone.

-Am I right, Youngjae…?- Jaebum whispers to him, his big hand caressing his brown locks sweetly. –I am the only one… right?- Jaebum asks, his soft hand traveling down to his burning cheek… down and down to his bottom lip, it kindly.

And so Youngjae lost it. He doesn’t even know what but he lost it when Jaebum’s thumb touched his lip in such a tempting way. He put that hand away, he reached out for his neck, and his mouth finally met with Jaebum’s one more time… And here he is, kissing his bully slow, sweet and shyly; feeling the familiar taste of liquor in his mouth as that warm tongue play kindly with his own. And he has to confess, he likes when Jaebum kiss him rough like minutes ago; but this kiss makes his heart beat even faster, make his body fill with warmth… this kiss makes him feel cherished.

-You could have stop in ‘okay, I was jealous’- Youngjae comments  slightly mocking, looking into those brown, honey orbs after the tender union between them was broken.

His step brother just chuckles, grabbing his waist and kindly taking him down until his feet can touch the ground again. –Let’s come back home, little nerd… It was a long, tired night.- the tall boy sighs heavily, intertwining their fingers as they walk out the bathroom.

Youngjae’s dark eyes look down to the strong bond between his small hand and Jaebum’s big one; feeling the warm sensation of their soft skins making such a especial touch, and the little brunette nerd smiles against his will. Because he doesn’t want to smile like those girls in love in movies, he doesn’t want to smile like his mom when she saw his father, he doesn’t want to smile like an idiot who likes another idiot…

… But he does. He is smiling like that because is a reflex of his pondering, happy heart.


Guys, I'm sorry if last chapter was boring! I hope this one is way better for you all ^^