The Time and Life Juxtaposition

The Big Crush Theory. 2Jae edition!

High school, the stage of life that everybody loves because, supposedly, is the “most amazing thing in this world”. High school means changes, high school means adolescence, high school means friends, high school means fun, high school means ‘independence’, high school means party. And last but surely least, high school means love. Maybe because of all these things combine is why people like high school so much. There may be a lot of sociologic and psychological researches talking about this particular phenomenon, but the science we are going to attend is Physics… and for the boy who we are going to talk about, high school is just a step closer to his PhD in Physics.

You could see him walking out the school building right now, the little brown haired boy over there, passing quietly through all those small groups of people talking about the near weekend and simple things like that. He tries to avoid them as much as he can; wishing to come out the place quickly or otherwise his ears will hurt like a burn because of the high pitch laughs of a bunch of girls. But luck is on his side, and in the instant he puts a foot out the building a smile curves in his face as he can breathe deeply and feel the fresh air of the afternoon filling his lungs, telling him that friday is here and he will have an mind-blowing weekend full of new comic books and surely a Wii tennis championship with his best and only friend.

His house isn’t far away from school, and he loves nature, he is a man of science after all. So the young boy just opens his Physics’ book and returns to read the chapter where he had left; because yes, he can read and walk at the same time without bump into any one or anything, he has good reflexes and a perfect posture, and he has been doing this since he was a little kid and his father taught him to read. So the brown haired boy’s feet just move in automatic, following the path home as the brilliant content in those pages have his total and curious attention… but after a few sentences he feels something cold and sticky sliding down from his head to his face and shoulders; and there’s a mocking laugh echoing boringly in his ears.  

-Oh, little nerd; you are so small that I thought you were a trashcan.- a fake sorry voice comments then, but the brilliant boy doesn’t have to look to know who it is.

So he just takes that plastic glass off his wet head, he close his book which fortunately is still impeccable as the same day he bought it to put it back in his backpack; and then he takes a tissue, cleaning something of that smelly liquid which he can identify as Coke off his face and neck, to then just turn his calm brown orbs to that ‘person’ besides him.

-Oh, JerkBum, I understand that you are so dumb that you can’t differentiate a human form from a thing. So, please, don’t be sorry; is an important problem which you have there, and something like this is not a big deal compared to yours.- the boy says calmly, but the sarcasm in his voice is  so clear that a smirks forms in his pinks lips as a frowns appears in the other boy’s face.

-You have a big mouth for being a little nerd…- the black haired boy in front of him comments yet again in what sounded bother in the smart boy’s ears.

-And you have a big body to have such a tiny brain, JerkBum.- the small boy says nonchalant, although the sharp tone in his words wasn’t easy to ignore.

And the other boy just chuckles. –Shut up, nerd. I don’t want to see your fat face.- he tells mockingly, starting to walk away after that odd and unconventional way of saying ‘good bye’

So the brown haired by pouts a little, touching his sticky cheeks. –It’s not fat, it’s plump…- he corrects, feeling somewhat annoyed because of the wrong adjective for his face. –So many years bulling me and still he doesn’t know the difference.- he mumbles, looking down as he keeps walking.

And no, is not how you thinking it is, he couldn’t care less what people think of him. He just felt bothered because his face has always been the stronger point in his small anatomy; and the fact that this boy keeps calling his cheeks as ‘fat’ really pinches something inside him. Maybe because he hates when people used the wrong words or sentences; or maybe because he hates when people do mistakes on purpose; or maybe because he hates when people is in ‘stupid mode’ just to bother other people’s life… or maybe and simply he just hate that big boy because he had been bulling him since first year without a reason.

The brown haired boy sighs tired, remembering the first year of high school when he was 13 years old and entered in the classroom. All eyes where set on him, giving him displeased glances as he stood there beside the teacher who was introducing him. But in the instant the man told that he was a year ahead he felt that all those people’s looks were a bit warmer and even curious. No body received him with open arms that day or in the days after, but his classmates were just classmates, just people he had to see and shared a class and a few hours of his time. But one day in particular he found his seat messed with curses all over the clear wood, and when his eyes looks up, there was him.

You may wonder why this black haired boy bullied and still bully the smart boy since that first year, but that is one mystery he doesn’t want to understand. There are a lot of more important things in his life to waste his time in something useless. But, of course, with the years he had form theories and the only one reasonable is that the black haired boy, and his small gang - yes, he has a ‘gang’- just feel intimidate because of his intelligence. Inferior minds always act like this, almost beastly; like if high school was the jungle and they have to ‘live’ under the concept of Charles Darwin: ‘Survival of the fittest’ And the brown haired boy never played that game, because it took a lot of years, millions of them, to take the human race where is today; and like a man of science he could never succumb to devaluate the word ‘evolution’ and all what it means just because some boys.

Oh, no; he is way better than that, he is way better than them. And, besides, he doesn’t care. He never cared. And he will never care… but yes, of course, he had responded to all the things they say to him just because is really funny see their shock faces as a lot of new words which they don’t know the meaning of fill their empty heads while they tried to think in something ‘clever’ to answer him back. After all what he had to endure, he has the right to at least make fun of them because of their low intelligence, right? Is just some healthy fun. But the brown haired boy is completely convinced that a word can hurt harder than any punch... and it must hurt even more if it comes for someone younger and smaller.

The smart boy smirked as he finally reached his house, thinking that indeed is really funny seeing their clueless expressions and maybe have a bunch of boys bulling him wasn’t that bad at all if he, in some way, ‘bullies’ them too. He left his shoes in the entry and hanged his backpack in the rack, to just then walk quietly to the living room searching for some rest after a heavy morning of tests and boring pranks for the ‘gang’. But when he entered the homey room he sees a man sitting on the big couch as his mother is sitting in the other one across the coffee table. So the boy just bows politely to the man, knowing that surely is his mom’s boyfriend and she wants to introduce them.

-Honey, there’s something I need to tell you…- his mom comments with a soft and kind tone, looking straight into his eyes with a gaze which he understood like pleading.

-What is it, mom?- the little boy asks her calmly, hiding how curios he feels.

He saw how his mother turned his eyes to the man sitting in front of her, giving him a sweet smile… one of those smile which she used to give to his father. –He is Sejoon, he works with me at the company.- his mother tells him, placing her eyes on him once again.

And the boy just nods, not really interested. –A.K.A: your boyfriend,- he says, already knowing what could come next.

His mother blushed a bit. –Yes, he is.- she mumbles shyly, and the boy wondered when was the last time since he saw her blushing.

-It’s nice to meet you finally, Youngjae. Your mom talks a lot about you.- the man, Sejoon, tells him with a smile and the smart boy wonders when did this man stood and walked towards him.

-Ummm… I’m not sure if I wish I could say the same.- Youngjae mumbles nonchalantly, somewhat bothered by how ‘friendly’ this person is.

-Youngjae…- his mother says in a warning tone, but that couldn’t change the fact that this man doesn’t like him already.

-I mean, it’s nice to meet you too.- he lies with a cute smile, his head bowing a little.

But in the moment that man turned around, the brown haired boy’s eyes rolled annoyed and the curve in his lips faded as quickly as its came. Don’t get him wrong, is not that man’s fault, he seems to make his mother happy and he is really glad about that. But for Youngjae there could never be another man as his father… and he could never accept another man in this house, in his life, and less if that man tries to occupy his father’s place.

He walked towards the couch were his mother was sitting, seeing and hearing her talking with this man as he just sat there in silence, looking carefully as the other man features, and he didn’t know why at that moment but that man remembers him to someone yet Youngjae couldn’t figure out who. The bell of his house rang, echoing in his head as well with the sound of his mom’s high hells walking to get the door and then her sweet voice saying something which made Youngjae’s brown eyes opened wide with shock and horror as he turned his incredulous gaze to the living room’s entry… seeing his archi enemy walking in with that fake, nice smile in his smug face as he sat beside his mother’s boyfriend. And everything made sense in his brilliant mind instantly.

-Baby, he is Jaebum… Sejoon’s son.- his mother kind voice fill his ears as he feels her warm hand placing on his knee.

-Pleased to meet you, Youngjae.- the black haired boy says so falsely that maybe in another moment, in another life, he could have believed it.

But if there’s something that comic books had teach him is that you should have your friends close and your enemies closer.

–Is nice to meet you too, Jaebum hyung.- he lies as well, using his cutest tone as another smile cracks in his full lips.

-Honey, there’s something we have to tell you…- his mom serious voice calls his attention, as well did that slightly squeeze on his knee.

So Youngjae  places his dark, deep eyes on his mother.

-Who exactly is ‘we’, mom?- he wonders, as an strong and possibly idea form quickly on his mind.

-The three of us.- she answers, looking back at the other two people in the living room.

The small boy’s gaze placed for a few ephemeral seconds on his bully, catching that evil and mocking smirk in those young features… and in that instant he knew it, what his mother was trying to tell him.

-What is it…?- he asks, looking back at her as he had to keep with the show just to make her mother’s worry be worthwhile.

And his mother breathes deeply. –They are going to move in, baby. We are going to be a new family.- she tells him, caressing lovingly his right cheek as she looked at him with pleading eyes again… asking for the impossible.

-Nerd! Think fast!- someone shouts at him, waking him up from his memories as something round and heavy hits his stomach; making him stagger backward as a pair of arms wraps around him, preventing him to fall on the floor.

-Family…- Youngjae whispers sarcastically, looking at the black haired boy laughing hard with his ‘gang’ as they hit high five and keep ‘playing’ basketball.

-Are you alright, Youngie?- a kind and worry voice asks him, and so the boy tilts his head back as he finds those small but nice eyes looking down at him.

-Yes, Yugyeom, I’m alright. Thanks for catch me before I fall.- Youngjae answers with a true smile to his only friend, seeing Yugyeom’s orbs shining relive.

The taller boy lets him go, taking the ball between his hands and staring to play randomly with it. –They won’t get tire of bulling you, will they?- he comments, sounding annoyed in the brown haired boy’s ears.

-Of course they won’t, they need it to feel better with themselves.- Youngjae says with a smirk as he softly rubs his tummy.

-Why don’t you just do something, Youngjae? You have to do the same thing to them, words just have a short effect.- Yugyeom comments, feeling mad as he sees his best friend with a hurtful grin in his cute face.

-No, Yugie… I can’t do that.- the small boy denies as he closes his eyes tight, feeling the pain in his stomach growing stronger. –I’m not like them, I’m better.- he says, opening his eyes as the smirks is back on his pink lips.

And the tall boy chuckles, because he has always known his friend is better than those boys; but he would like to make them pay someday anyways. –Okay, Mr. Physics. Let’s just stretch so then I can beat you in Mario Kart.- he mocks, leaving the ball aside as he start to stretch his muscles.

And Youngjae chuckles as well. –That’s if you can win the race to my house.- he mocks as well, rubbing one last time his stomach as he joins his best friend.

P.E hour was always boring and seems like the ‘gang’ love that time to bother him the most, but Youngjae couldn’t care less. Although that yes, it hurts, he never would ‘pay’ them with the same ‘coin’. He will always ignore them, or answer them with something they won’t understand and make them look like the bunch of idiots they actually are. And for Youngjae that simple fact is precious. Besides, he has Yugyeom; he doesn’t need anyone else.

Yes, Kim Yugyeom is his only and best friend. He met him last year, when Yugyeom came back at school after a long stay in the hospital because some incident with his football practices. In the instant Yugyeom sat in the seat beside him, he had just to say ‘Hi’ to this cool and funny boy to know that they will be friends at the end. And, indeed, just a few weeks after they already knew every single thing about the other. Youngjae felt really good with Yugyeom, because he never said anything about his look. He never called him ‘nerd’ of said he was a loser because he like Physics and things relate to that. In fact, Yugyeom was and still is really curios about all this things Youngjae likes so much and is so good at it, and Youngjae is really interest too in Yugyeom’s tactics for football matches and his hidden love for dancing, he already had teach him a few things but it yet they ended up laughing on the floor because of the small boy lack of skills in both sport and dancing. And when they talked about comic books and video games, they knew nothing can break their friendship.

-Yah! Youngjae! Snap out of it!- and yes, he likes Yugyeom even if he’s loud and scream in his ears.

-Yugie, you have to stop screaming in my ears… I’m gonna be deaf by the end of this year if you keep doing it- the brown haired boy comments amused, walking with his friend out the gym and finally out the school.

-Sorry, Youngie, I just didn’t want to waste any minute. I want to play Mario Kart right now- the tall boy chuckles excited, smiling wide as he always does when he is extra excited about something.

And Youngjae chuckles as well, standing on his toes to wrap an arm around his friend’s shoulders. –Don’t be too anxious, Yugyeom… I’m gonna beat you.- he mocks, looking into those small eyes.

The two of them just stare at each other, battling with their eyes to see who can it endure more and in the end who is the one who will beat the other in Mario Kart… but then they laugh loudly as they keep walking; knowing that in the moment the game start, the only thing they won’t do is compete for wining because they will be more focused on laughing out loud because Yugyeom will keep driving in the wrong direction and Youngjae will just hit the buttons and never cross the ‘start’ line because they love trolling when they play; it’s just funnier than actually playing the game.

And Youngjae can’t help but think that last year wasn’t that bad at all, because now he has Yugyeom and as along as his friend is with him his life can’t be bad anymore. It doesn’t matter how his family is now, or where his father is; life won’t get him down if he keep smiling and laughing like he did when he was a kid and everything was so perfect.


Hi guys! Lets get this fic started! I hope you enjoyed today's chapter! Thanks for subscribing and commenting! You all seem so excited about this fic so I hope you will all love it as much as I do ^^