Maybe I should

Twice Movies/Dramas Project (feat. other girl group)

That night, Daehyuk had a terrible nightmare which couldn't consider as a nightmare because it was more like a flashback to a certain point of his life, the critical point that turned the bubbly and cheerful Kim Daehyuk to a serious and stoic Kim Daehyuk.

(A/N: in the dream)

Daehyuk was on duty, training some new soldiers that wanted to be in the special forces. He was getting a headache when all of the students were complaining about having fear of height when they were being asked to do flying fox without any safety equipments.

"Sir, we are scare!" One of the male trainee shouted as Daehyuk frowned.

"Yah! It's not even that high! There's mattress below, why are you guys scare?!" Daehyuk barked in frustration.

"Sir, it's still high and there is no safety equipment." One of the female trainees said.

"This is what you all should get used to if you want to join the special forces, kid." Daehyuk said and gently massaged his temples.

"Hey, Hyuk!" Kyungwan appeared from nowhere as he was walking toward Daehyuk.

"Wan hyung, I am pretty busy right now." Daehyuk said.

"Oh! This! I missed doing this! Make way, you fellow trainees!" Kyungwan shouted and ran toward the open window where the trainees need to jump from. Kyungwan then jumped, after smacking Daehyuk's head of course. then hold onto the rope with one hand and glided down from fifth floor of one building to ground floor of another building.

"YAH! CAPTAIN KYUNGWAN!" Daehyuk shouted and decided to jump too, following Kyungwan, wanting to smack the captain's head for revenge. The trainees just widened their eyes when they saw two special forces just jumped out from the window, without any safety equipment. Daehyuk then smacked Kyungwan's head and walked back to resume his duty. He was happy that at least there were a few trainees dared to jump but most of them wouldn't dare to jump. Daehyuk just barked at them and scolded them before asking them to do pushup for 100 times before dismissed them.

"I know you all are disasstified with me but you all couldn't do anything because I am your mentor but that is only when we are in the academy. You all can come and fight me if you all meet me outside of the academy." With that Daehyuk walked away.

"Hey, want to have some drinks before we go back?" Kyungwan asked as Daehyuk shook his head.

"Chaeng is waiting for me at home." Daehyuk said.

"Aww, come on. I think Chaeng won't mind about her boyfriend having a drink with her brother." Kyungwan said as Daehyuk sighed.

"I am going to tell her. You know, not to let her worry. And you, hyung, inform Nayeon noona about this." Daehyuk playfully glared at Kyungwan who just stuck his tongue out.  He then walked away to call Chaeyoung.

"Hey~ When are you coming back?" Chaeyoung whined right after she answered the phone.

"Not to fast because Kyungwan hyung ask me to accompany him to have some drinks." Daehyuk said.

"Awww, how could oppa snatch my boyfriend away from me?" Chaeyoung whined as Daehyuk chuckled.

"I will be back as soon as possible so please keep on missing me."

"Fine then. You better don't flirt with other girls and no getting drunk. And you better keep on missing me too." Chaeyoung said and Daehyuk could imagined Chaeyoung pouting and standing in front of him with both of her hands on her hips.

"Do you get my order, Sergeant Kim?"

"Yes, Second Lieutenant Son." Daehyuk said and they ended the call after a kiss was being exchanged.

"Hey, done reporting?" Kyungwan asked.

"Yup, how about you?"

"Same here. Let's go. We need to relax after this whole weeks of duty." Kyungwan then drove to the nearest pub and they ordered two glass of beer. They two were having fun, talked about their duty.

"When are you going to join us? The gang miss you." Kyungwan said.

"Nah, hyung. I am happy with my duty right now." Daehyuk said.

"But your talent will go to waste." Kyungwan pouted as Daehyuk cringed.

"Stop pouting, you look ugly." Daehyuk said and pushed Kyungwan's face away.

"Good evening, sir. Nice to see you here." Daehyuk turned around and saw thirteen trainees were glaring at him. He just gulped and smiled.

"Hey, nice to see you all here too. Now, if you excuse me, I believe Captain Kyungwan and I need to rush home to settle some reports." With that Daehyuk put some dollars on the bench and ran away. The trainees ran after them, while shouting to them, asking them to stop. Soon the two guys had ran to a dead end.

", we are doom. How many times do I tell you not to be so strict on the trainees, Daehyuk?!" Kyungwan asked as Daehyuk just shrugged his shoulder.

"Now, I remember that sir say to us that we can have a fight with him when we are not in the academy, right? One of the male trainees smirked.

"Yeah, and I didn't go against my words. So those whoever have knife took out your knife, just took out your weapon." Daehyuk said and in one second thirteen knifes were showed in front of him. He gulped and retreated to Kyungwan's back. Kyungwan just stared at Daehyuk which the younger guy smiled sheepishly.

"I never knew they carried the knife all the time." Daehyuk mumbled.

"Yah! You better clean this mess!" Kyungwan mumbled and dragged Daehyuk out from his back.

"But-" Without letting Daehyuk finished, the thirteen trainees charged toward the two guy but they didn't know that it was the worst decision ever. After ten minutes, Kyungwan was sitting on a stack that made out of five trainees, with his legs rested on the back of another trainee. He smacked the head of another trainee who was kneeling beside him.  On the other hand, Daehyuk used one leg to step on a stack of three trainees and he was sitting on the back of another trainee. His hand were grabbing two trainees' shirt with one grip and smacked the trainees' head with his wallet.

"Now you learn your lesson, right?" Kyungwan asked and the trainees nodded their head.

"Go back now." Daehyuk then let go of the trainees and all of the trainees ran back home.

"I think that's all for today. Let's go back now. And you owe me my beer." Kyungwan said and they walked toward his car. He then sent Daehyuk home before going back to his own. Daehyuk unlocked the door and walked into the house, realizing light in the living room were on. He then walked toward the living room and saw the love of his life were sleeping on the couch, must had waited for him to be back.

"Come on, babe. You are going to hurt your back." Daehyuk kneeled down and carried Chaeyoung in bridal style. Chaeyoung slowly stirred and opened  her eyes. She smiled then circled her hands around Daehyuk's neck before leaning in to give a peck on Daehyuk's cheek but she frowned when she tasted some taste of iron on Daehyuk's cheek so she pulled herself away and saw there was a cut on Daehyuk's right cheek.

"What's wrong, my strawberry princess?" Daehyuk asked as he entered the bedroom.

"Did you get into fight again?" Chaeyoung asked as Daehyuk shrugged his shoulder.

"Just some of the trainees trying to seek revenge. It's no big deal." Daehyuk said as he slowly put Chaeyoung on the bed.

"You had a cut here." Chaeyoung said and pointed at Daehyuk's right cheek.

"Oh, really?" Daehyuk then wiped his right cheek and smiled.

"It's just a small cut. There's nothing to worry about."

"No! We need to treat that cut even if its small." Chaeyoung then jumped off the bed and walked toward the bathroom where the first aid kit was.

"Aigoo, my princess. There's no need to treat this cut. Its going to heal within days." Daehyuk said as Chaeyoung pouted and shook her head.

"Now sit down and be a good boy." Chaeyoung said as Daehyuk nodded his head. Chaeyoung then helped Daehyuk to treat his cut. Chaeyoung then leaned in to give a peck on the plaster which she had put to cover Daehyuk's wound.

"Why are you grinning like an idiot?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I must had save a nation in my previous life because in this life I has an angel as my girlfriend." Daehyuk grinned.

"Yah~" Chaeyoung blushed and gently pushed Daehyuk's shoulder.

"I guess I need to take my bath and join you then." Daehyuk walked toward the bathroom to take his bath and after awhile, he walked out from the bathroom, only wearing a pair of short pants, revealing his toned upper body. Chaeyoung gulped when he saw Daehyuk's abs and chest.

"Like what you see?" Daehyuk smirked and Chaeyoung threw a pillow at him which he grabbed with ease.

"Do you want to sleep on the couch tonight?" Chaeyoung asked and Daehyuk widened his eyes. He quickly climbed on the bed and hugged Chaeyoung as tight as possible.

"No~~ I want to sleep with my strawberry princess~~" Daehyuk whined. Chaeyoung just laughed and both of them shared a quick kiss before drifted to dreamland in each other embrace.

(A/N: Back to reality)

Daehyuk smiled unconciously in his sleep as he remembered back all those nice moments that he spent with Chaeyoung. He still remembered all those lovely moments like the back of his hands and he finally reached to the point where he feared and never forgot for the rest of his life.

(A/N: Back to the dream)

Daehyuk was being summoned by the Major General Son out of a sudden. He was curious why did Major General Son needed to find him because he had not have any connection with Major General Son since the Major General Son was mostly being oversea, conducting some protecing refugees project. Daehyuk took a deep breath before knocked on the door.

"Come in." Major General Son said as Daehyuk opened the door.

"Sergeant Kim Daehyuk reporting, Major General Son!" Daehyuk saluted as the General waved his hand.

"Please have a seat, Sergeant Kim." Daehyuk nodded his head and sat down.

"Now, let's not beat around the bush, shall we?"

"Yes, sir."

"Are you in a relationship with my daughter, Second Lieutenant Son Chaeyoung?"

"Yes sir."

"If that so, leave my daughter alone."

"May I know why, sir?"

"The reason just because you are just a soldier. I don't want my daughter end up like my wife, waiting for me at our home, not knowing whether I am dead or alive. I can only approve you as my daughter's boyfriend if and only if you find a stable job."

"Do you want me to quit to be a soldier, sir?"

"Yes, that's what I want."

"I am sorry to not follow this order sir, because it is my ambition to protect those in needs." Daehyuk said.

"You need to quit to become a soldier to get my approval."

"I believe there is another way to obtain your approval, sir." Daehyuk said.

"Don't you understand? Being a soldier won't bring you a good future, child. My daughter won't be happy with you being a soldier."

"Sir, I do think that I still am able to give happiness to Second Lieutenant Son even when I am just a sergeant."

"Then I have a new order for you. Sergeant Kim, leave my daughter alone!" Major General Son barked.

"But sir-"

"This is an order!" Major General Son shouted.

"Yes. sir."

"Here is another order, Sergeant Kim, you are now being appointed to go to Zimbabwe to protect the citizens there for five years and you need to depart first thing in tomorrow morning. Don't ever think about saying goodbye to my daughter. Get out!"

"Yes, sir." With that Daehyuk walked out from the room. He sighed and clenched his fists. He then continued duty and went back home. He was lucky that Chaeyoung had a night shift at the base that day so he quickly packed his things and just wrote a letter to ask for a break up, putting their couple ring on the table.

"Goodbye." He said as he took one last look at the house before hailed a cab and went away, far away from the place he called home.

(A/N: Back to reality)

Daehyuk sat up abruptly, feeling dizziness in his head and he quickly shook his head a little. He bit his lips and touched his face, realizing he was crying again. He sighed and combed his messy black hair with his hand.

"Why? Why is there tears? I promise I should not have any emotions from that day onwards." Daehyuk mumbled but tears never stopped running down his face. He clenched his fists again and hit his legs as hard as possible. He then tightened his grip on his shirt near his chest as he sobbed.

"It still freaking hurt. It hurt so much." He thought when he felt the pain as if someone used a knife and stabbed his heart for thousand times. He felt like his soul was being away from him and he would just die at this moment from these heartache. Suddenly he slapped himself to regain his own mind back.

"I can't. I need to be a stone.Kim Daehyuk, you are now an emotionless stone. Wake up." Daehyuk mumbled and stood up, walked toward the basin which filled with water to splash some water to his face.

"I need to bury this feelings down. Its an order from Lieutenant General Son to stay away from First Lieutenant Son." He mumbled and nodded his head. After that, he went back to sleep since the next day he needed to carry out a big task.

The next day , Daehyuk woke up and freshened up before walked toward the work station where Kyungwan was at.

"Captain Kyungwan, Sergeant Major Kim Daehyuk reporting for duty." Daehyuk said and saluted Kyungwan who was having a chat with Chaeyoung and Nayeon. Daehyuk gulped but he remained his poker face as he stared at the trio.

"Captain Kyungwan, Master Sergeant Tzuwei reporting for duty." Tzuwei appeared and stood beside Daehyuk.

"Captain Kyungwan, Master Sergeant Minato reporting for duty." Minato appeared behind Tzuwei.

"It seems like my aces are all here." Kyungwan grinned and then cleared his throat.

"Now, we are require to protect one of the leader from South Africa. He will reach here by twelve in the noon and we have heard that his life was being threatened by some of the terrorists. So the leader of Zimbabwe require our assistance. First Lieutenant Chaeyoung and Second Lieutenant Nayeon will be at local hospital, meet up with Dr. Momo who would assist us in this mission. Master Sergeant Tzuwei and Minato, each of you will bring a small team consist of four person to protect the leader from far. Sergeant Major Daehyuk and I will protect the leader by the side. Is it clear?"

"Yes, sir!" Everyone saluted and they quickly geared up.

"Be careful." Nayeon told Kyungwan who just nodded his head and grinned.

"Relax, with Daehyuk around, there's no chance for me to get hurt. You know how much he improved, right?" Kyungwan said. Nayeon just nodded her head.

"Captain Kyungwan, everything is ready. Please give us order to move." Daehyuk said and saluted.

"Good, pass my order. It's time to move." With that Kyungwan and Daehyuk walked away and got on the car.

"Now, ma'am. We need to move to the local hospital to meet up with Dr. Momo." Nayeon said, reminded Chaeyoung since the younger girl was staring at Daehyuk all the time.

"Unnie, do you think I should find him to talk?" Chaeyoung asked as they were in a jeep, sending them to their destination.

"Perhaps you should, Chaeng. You might be the one who can open his heart." Nayeon said.

"Maybe I should then." Chaeyoung mumbled.

 

A/N: Hey, 2nd chap is up. So please do comment and subscribe. Hope you guys like this chap as well! Thanks for your support!