Alive or Not (Season 2)- Chapter 1: I am so lucky to have you in my life

Twice Movies/Dramas Project (feat. other girl group)

"Hey. Waiting for Chaeng?" Kyungwan asked as he leaned against the fence, just right beside Daehyuk who was playing with his dogtag.

"Yeah, her class end at five and I just back from a mission. So I think why not just come and fetch my wife to have a nice dinner since its been a month." Daehyuk said.

"So, how's life? Getting used to staying in Seoul?"

"Well, after all, Seoul is where I grew up, I guess even if I stay in Zimbabwe for five years and US for a year, the familiar feeling of Seoul never goes away from my heart." Daehyuk smiled and took a deep breath; and only ended up coughing.

"I g-guess I prefer the air in Zimbabwe." Daehyuk said as Kyungwan chuckled.

"I am late from saying this , but still, welcome back, buddy." Kyungwan smacked Daehyuk's back as the younger guy just grinned at him.

"Thanks, hyung." Daehyuk then fist bumped Kyungwan.

"How's Momo?"

"Momo noona is fine, I guess. The last time I went to find her, she was eating jokbal." Daehyuk just sighed as Kyungwan laughed.

"Oh god, her obsession of jokbal." Kyungwan said and took a deep breath before looking at Daehyuk.

"How's the team?" Kyungwan asked as Daehyun grinned but still looked around, preventing his wife to hear what he was going to say later.

"Minato and Tzuwei are awesome. Not to mention, First Lieutenant Moon and First Lieutenant Liu are such a nice addition to the team." Kyungwan said.

"It seems that you are satisfied with your team. Now, you are a captain, so be responsible and don't be so reckless anymore, okay?" Kyungwan patted Daehyun's shoulder. Daehyuk just smiled and shook his head.

"I haven't finish my sentence, hyung. Even though I had such great team with me, but there's no one can replace you, hyung. The ex captain of team Alpha." Daehyuk said and stretched himself; turning around and leaned against the fence on his back.

"I wonder when we will have chance to work together again, hyung." Daehyuk said.

"I wonder too. I kinda miss going out with you, on the battlefield. You know, its kinda boring staying at the base. I miss the thrilling and excitement, not knowing whether we will stay alive or not." Kyungwan said.

"Yeah, the Cheetah and the Wolf." Daehyuk grinned and fist bumped Kyungwan.

"Seobang~ Do you wait long?" Chaeyoung appeared and hugged Dahyuk who just gently her hair.

"Hey, Chaeng."

"Oh, oppa! Unnie is on her way, she need to submit a report to Uncle Lee." Chaeyoung said.

"Ah, is it about the health report of the new batch of trainees?" Kyungwan asked and the girl nodded her head.

"Seobang, what are you two talking about just now? You are grinning." Chaeyoung asked and Daehyuk just smiled while sending an eye signal to Kyungwan, which the older guy just nodded his head.

"Aish, don't make me think about it anymore. He was bragging to me, about how good you are. Cooking his meal, massage his body, and cuddling together every night, and not to mention, that you two do that every night." Kyungwan said and sighed.

"Yah~ Jagi~ Why did you told oppa about our private life?" Chaeyoung blushed and kept on smacking Daehyuk's chest.

"Ahaha~ I need to brag about how good my wife treat me, right?" Daehyuk chuckled and hugged Chaeyoung, kissing the top of her head and sent a thumb up to Kyungwan.

"Jagiya! Hyuk-ah!" Nayeon shouted as she ran toward the trio. Kyungwan just smiled and opened his arms wide, welcoming Nayeon with a peck on her lips.

"Aigoo~" Kyungwan smiled as Nayeon just grinned at him and turned around to Daehyuk who was looking at the phone.

"I guess, everyone's here, and its dinner time. Want to call the rest of them to have dinner together?" Daehyuk asked and put back his phone.

"Sure, I will contact the rests then." Kyungwan said as Daehyuk shook his head.

"It's all done, hyung. Now we need to meet up with them at dad's restaurant." Daehyuk said as Kyungwan nodded his head.

"Oh! Dad always has the best dessert!" Nayeon grinned as Chaeyoung nodded her head.

"Mom always has the best soup and braised beef." Kyungwan said as Daehyuk chuckled and shook his head.

"Let's go then!" Daehyuk shouted and the three people cheered.

"Let's take my car then. We are living at the same neighborhood." Kyungwan said as Daehyuk nodded his head. They walked toward to the parking lot and Daehyuk suddenly stopped, receiving a phone call.

"Seobang?" Chaeyoung stopped and turned around, only to see Daehyuk was frowning and sighed but soon turned into a small smile.

"Princess, why you waiting for me?" Daehyuk asked after he hung up and kept the phone; walking toward his wife.

"Who is that on the phone?" Chaeyoung pouted as Daehyuk circled his hand around her waist.

"General Lee." Both of them got on Kyungwan's car.

"Why is he calling you?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Who?" Kyungwan asked.

"General Lee called me just now." Daehyuk answered.

"So, why did Uncle Lee call you?" Nayeon asked.

"Hyung, I think we can't have our dinner right now." Daehyuk said and Chaeyoung pouted. She somehow knew why did the husband of her younger aunt called her husband.

"Oh?! You are on another mission?" Kyungwan focused on his driving.

"Not me, hyung. Us.The whole  Team Alpha." Daehyuk said and Kyungwan glanced at Daehyuk through the rearview mirror.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, General Lee told us to get ready and meet with him at the base at 7." Daehyuk said and both of the guy grinning.

"I guess that you need to send a message to Minato, Tzuwei, Amber and Yul then." Kyungwan's grin was getting wider until his face could be split into half.

"Yah!" Both women smacked their husband's arm but the two guys just kept on grinning. Daehyuk took out his phone and quickly sent a message to his comrades.

"We can't let the old man wait for long, right?" Kyungwan asked and Daehyuk nodded his head. Kyungwan started to press on the gas pedal, speeding a bit while the grin never left his face. Daehyuk just turned and frowned when he saw his wife was glaring at him.

"What's wrong?" He scooted closer to Chaeyoung which the girl just stared outside the window.

"Hey~" Daehyuk scooted closer and he lifted his head to the front, only to see his sister was sulking too.

"Is this about the mission?" Daehyuk asked and that made Chaeyoung turned around and glared at him.

"We haven't able to have our meal in peace since we moved here!" Chaeyoung shouted as Daehyuk sighed.

"Princess, you know how this work,right? I follow order from the upper level. I do this to earn money."

"I rather you to be jobless." Chaeyoung mumbled as Daehyuk sighed.

"I am going to this mission because its the first mission since I don't know how many years with Kyungwan hyung." Daehyuk shook his head at his wife. His wife still couldn't accept the fact that he was not going to be at home all the time and always be on call, waiting to be summon to somewhere in the world to serve the country. On the other hand, Nayeon sighed and glanced at Kyungwan.

"I am going to come back for breakfast tomorrow. I want pancake." Kyungwan hold Nayeon's hand and smiled.

"Fine." Nayeon nodded her head. She knew her husband love those excitement of going on a mission, especially with her brother, and who was she to take away the excitement of his life. He had sacrificed himself for only going on mission occasionally, most of the time, he would be at the base, training the new trainees and maybe giving order to some other teams. She just smiled when she saw the grin on Kyungwan's face. She should just let him to do what he love once in awhile.

"We're here!" Kyungwan shouted and pecked Nayeon's lips.

"I will take a ride from Jihyo or Sana. So just stay safe, okay?" Nayeon asked as Kyungwan nodded his head.

"Thanks. For giving me permission." Kyungwan whispered and pecked Nayeon's forehead.

"So you better repay me by eating all the pancakes that I am going to make tomorrow morning." Nayeon said and Kyungwan nodded his head. On the other hand, Chaeyoung just got out from the car and stomped into the restaurant. Daehyuk just sighed and wiped his face with his hand.

"Leave it to me. I will help you."

"Thanks, noona." Daehyuk nodded his head and sighed. Nayeon patted his back and walked into the restaurant.

"She is still not accepting the fact that you are taking over my place?" Kyungwan asked as both guys got into the car.

"She accepted it. She is just sulking because she can't join us. And also not be able to have dinner in peace."

"So she want to join us everytime we on mission?"

"Yeah, but she is an army doctor, not a soldier."

"Hyuk, technically, she is still a soldier." Kyungwan said as Daehyuk sighed.

"I know but you know the reason why I forbid her to join my team, right?" Daehyuk asked  as both of them thought back the scene that nearly caused the wedding to be canceled.

(A/N: Flashback)

"WHAT?!" A loud voice could be heard from a house.

"Chaeng-ah."

"H-h-how could you?! We are getting married two days later and you need to go on a mission by tonight?!" Chaeyoung glared at Daehyuk who was sweating.

"It's an order from General Lee. I am also shock by this." Daehyuk said.

"I thought you took your leave?!"

"I did and General Lee summon me back, saying its an emergency." Daehyuk said as Chaeyoung continued to glare at him with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"But its going to be our wedding two days later!" Chaeyoung shouted.

"I know! It's not like I want to go but its like I need to go!" Daehyuk shouted back.

"I am going with you." Chaeyoung said.

"What?! No." Daehyuk shook his head and crossed his arms.

"What do you mean by no?"

"No meaning you can't come with me. We don't need an army doctor with us because its going to be short mission."

"For your information, I am a soldier too! I too, can go on mission like yours."

"You are an army doctor so meaning you need to cure the wounded soldiers. You need to stay here." Daehyuk said.

"I am a solider. You know very well that an army doctor can become a soldier when there is lack of people."

"But the thing is we aren't lack of people. Team Alpha is perfectly fine with five people, like last time." Daehyuk sighed.

"Why can't I follow you?"

"Why do you need to follow me?"

"So that we can still have our wedding at that place if we can't manage to get back in time."

"Chaeng, the place where I go on mission, doesn't have a church, nor a building." Daehyuk just sat down.

"We still can delay the wedding, by coming back together."

"Chaeng, you just wait for me here. I won't be late." Daehyuk said.

"I am going to ask Uncle Lee to allow me to follow you." Chaeyoung turned around and wanted to walk out from the house but was being grabbed by Daehyuk.

"Just ing stay here, Son Chaeyoung! Can't you just be a good girl for once and stay here?!"

"Can't you just allow me to go with you for once?!"

"You know the reason why I don't allow you to go."

"That is just you being overprotective."

"Son, I am doing this for your own good so just stay here."

"Kim, I am going to follow you and I am going to ask Uncle Lee right now!"

"I am going to reject you then." Daehyuk said as Chaeyoung turned around and frowned.

"You won't dare."

"I will and don't think I won't dare just because you are my fiance." Daehyuk said in a low tone and stared at Chaeyoung.

"Kim Daehyuk, if you want to marry me, you better let me follow you." Chaeyoung said in a cold tone, giving off the aura of a tigeress.

"No and if you excuse me, I need to report to the team." Daehyuk just walked out from the house, leaving Chaeyoung stood there, staring at him with wide opened.

"YAH! IF YOU DARE TO STEP OUT THIS HOUSE, I AM NOT GOING TO MARRY YOU!" Chaeyoung shouted, stopping Daehyuk.

"At least you did the r-" Daehyuk glanced at Chaeyoung and walked out from the house, cutting Chaeyoung off. Chaeyoung just stomped her feet and sat on the couch.

(A/N: End of flashback)

"Luckily she didn't cancel the wedding." Kyungwan said.

"She just can't escape from me anyway." Daehyuk grinned as Kyungwan rolled his eyes.

"Aish, you brat." Kyungwan gently knocked Daehyuk's head. Both of them just listened to the song before they arrived at the base. They went to meet the general and finally got their mission.

"Hey, do you want to call Chaeng?" Kyungwan asked as Daehyuk shook his head.

"I can't let her worry." Daehyuk said.

"She is going to know from Nayeon anyway." Kyungwan shrugged his shoulder.

"I will just send her a message." Daehyuk said and both of them just walked away to prepare for their mission.

On the other hand, Chaeyoung was now in Nayeon's house since she didn't want to go back to the house all alone, without her husband by her side. Nayeon sat beside Chaeyoung and gave the younger girl a glass of warm milk.

"You do know that is just his job, don't you?" Nayeon asked after turning off the TV.

"I know but I just want to have a peaceful dinner with him." Chaeyoung pouted as Nayeon smiled.

"Its part of our life since we are marrying the soldiers in special force." Nayeon said.

"I know but what if, what if I want to settle down, unnie?" Chaeyoung asked and took a sip from the warm milk.

"Settle down? You two are married though."

"Not that kind of settled down. Unnie, don't you think of having a child with Kyungwan oppa?" Chaeyoung turned and stared at Nayeon who just gulped.

"I do think so but you know, he doesn't like to rush things so I kinda accepting the fate, waiting for the time to arrive." Nayeon said.

"But what if I have a child with him and he is not by my side all the time? I can't, unnie. I heard many cases of being pregnant is hard even with the husband by their side but what if, he is not around? I don't know I can do this by myself." Chaeyoung sighed.

"Chaeng, are you pregnant?"

"No! I mean, no, but I wish to." Chaeyoung blushed.

"Oh, Chaeng. You have to wait for the suitable time to arrive."

"What if the time has arrive but he is not by my side?"

"Chaeng, this is what our fate will be when we choose to marry the soldiers of special force." Nayeon patted Chaeyoung's back and smiled gently.

"I know and all I want is to follow him to his mission. You know, like being with him and never leave his side." Chaeyoung leaned down and stared at the ceiling.

"Chaeng, you know the reason that he doesn't let you to follow him and also the reason you two can't have a peaceful dinner since his mission is normally in night." Nayeon said as Chaeyoung nodded her head. Nayeon turned and took her phone, reading a message sent by Kyungwan and sighed.

"You better check your phone. I bet Hyuk sent you a message." Nayeon stood up and walked toward the kitchen, wanting to get her own a warm milk. Chaeyoung just took out her phone and read through the message. She sat up with widened eyes and stared at Nayeon who also stared back.

"Unnie, they are going to-"

"Fight the North Korea soldier that held the citizens as hostage. I knew, Kyungwan sent me a message about this." Nayeon walked toward Chaeyoung after taking a sip from her mug.

"So now we can only pray for their safety and wait for them come back." Nayeon said.

"Yeah, Daehyuk say he is going to come back at 4 in the morning. So can I sleep here, unnie?" Chaeyoung asked as Nayeon smiled.

"Yeah, sure. Lets send them a message, so that Hyuk will fetch you from here." Nayeon said as the two women sent message to their husband before going to bed.

"Hows the situation down there?" Kyungwan asked through the built in walkie talkie.

"Sir, there are four citizens being held as hostages at the abandoned warehouse. Five North Korea soldiers are surrounding the warehouse, we predict there are three more soldiers in it."

"Thanks, chipmunk." Kyungwan said and looked at Daehyuk who was nodding his head.

"Black panther, giraffe and llama, are you three ready?" Daehyuk asked.

"Yes, sir!"

"Good, this mission will lead by me, Major Son.Giraffe and black panther observe the house from west side, llama and chipmunk attack from east side. Cheetah and wolf will confront the soldiers from the front, unless either one of us send out a signal for help, the remaining four remain in standby mode." Kyungwan said and both Kyungwan and Daehyuk jumped down from the helicopter, using the ropes to slide down and landed on the ground.

"Yes, sir."

"Wolf and cheetah on action." Daehyuk reported and both of them walked toward the warehouse, lifting their hands up high.

"YAH! YOU BRATS! WHY ARE YOU TWO HERE?!" One of the North Korea soldiers shouted and pointed hsi rifle at Kyungwan.

"Look, we are here to talk in peace with your leader. We don't want any trouble and I believe you guys don't want to." Daehyuk said as Kyungwan nodded his head. Another solider walked into the house to report the situation to their leader; and after a few seconds, he came out, signalling Daehyuk and Kyungwan entered the house. Both of the guys walked in with their hands up high and in the house, they saw a young man, who was wearing a brown uniform, different with other soliders who were wearing a green uniform, was sitting in the middle of the room. Four citizens were sat at the side of the room, being guarded by two sodiers, with rifles pointing to their head.

"So this is the representatives that the goverment send? The man stood up and scoffed.

"IS THE SOUTH KOREA LOOKING DOWN ON ME?!" The man shouted and kicked one of the citizen. Daehyuk clenched his fists and walked in front, stood right in front of the man.

"Lets settle this between us. Don't pull other innocent people in." Daehyuk said and glared at the man.

"I like your attitude so lets settle this in soldier way. I think its time for me to show you brat that we are better than you guys that will only kiss others ." The man took out his dagger as Daehyuk took out his.

"I would love to." Daehyuk said as the man charged forward. Daehyuk blocked a few attacks from the man but the man had advantages in accuracy because there was only light from the moon in the warehouse and Daehyuk was standing right under the moonlight. Daehyuk dodged down when the man was aiming his head. Daehyuk grabbed the man's right hand and kicked the man's stomach, sending another kick to the man's leg before jumping backward to dodge a kick from the man. Daehyuk then walked forward and started to attack with his dagger. He aimed the man's abdomen, but the man was good in dodging too. The man twisted left and right,then grabbed Daehyuk's arm before hitting Daehyuk's back of the neck. Daehyuk kneeled down but soon jumped up, hitting the man's chin with his head. Both of them then jumped back, glared at each other and wiped their sweat.

While Daehyuk was fighting the man, Kyungwan stepped to the side and punched the soldier's face, and kicked the soldier stomach,sending the soldier to the other side of the room. Another soldier walked forward, wanting to stab Kyungwan's back but Kyungwan turned around and kicked in between of the soldier's leg, making the soldier kneeled down while holding on to something that was dear to him. Kyungwan then took out his dagger and blocked the attack from the soldier that had been send to the other side of the room. He then slightly bent his body backward, using his dagger to block the dagger from the enemy and pushed it away from his face. Kyungwan then quickly bent forward and landed a cut on opponent's cheek before got down and swept the enemy off his feet. Kyungwan then quickly turned around and cut the rope off the citizens' hands and feet.

"You brat, are quite good huh." The man smirked and charged forward. Daehyuk just stood there and blocked the attack that was aiming his chest and hit the man's face with his elbow, causing a tooth being spit out by the man. Daehyuk then bent down and hit the man's chest with his elbow again before landing a cut on the man's chin. The man stepped a step back and hissed in pain when he touched the cut. He was mad and started to attack Daehyuk again and this time was with the intention of wanting Daehyuk to be dead. Daehyuk stepped a few steps back while dodging the attack. The man suddenly jumped up and pounced on Daehyuk, stabbing Daehyuk's stomach but Daehyuk was fast enough to roll away, which just let the man landed a cut on the side of his stomach. Daehyuk then stepped forward and landed a cut on the man's chest which caused the man to step forward and attacked again, aiming Daehyuk's arms and face this time. Daehyuk blocked the attack and sent a kick to the back of the knee of the man. The man kneeled down, but the man managed to punch  the wound on Daehyuk's stomach, causing Daehyuk to wince in pain while fell down too. Both of them fell down and crashed through the door. Daehyuk quickly stood up, the man also stood up, and at the same time, both of them charged toward each other. Daehyuk's dagger was on the man's neck and the man's dagger was on Daehyuk's neck. One of the soldier saw this and took his rifle, aiming at the back of Daehyuk's head while Kyungwan took out his gun and aimed at the soldier's head.

"You are good in combat, sir." Daehyuk said as the man smiled.

"You too, brat. Never thought someone this young can be on the same level with me." The man said.

"Sir, you are young yourself too but before we praise each other. Cheetah, take down your gun."

"Soldier Kwan, take down your gun." Both Kyungwan and the soldier took down their gun and stepped a step back.

"So, can I know the name of the young guy that can be on the same level with me?"

"Captain Kim Daehyuk. How about yours, sir?"

"Major Jung Taewon. I believe this settle everything and I have to say I am impress with you. There is no captain in my country that can be on the same level as I am." Taewon said.

"Thank you for the compliment. But for now-"

"Yes, guys. Lets go. Lets meet up sometime." Taewon said and kept his dagger.

"I hope we won't meet each other because each and every time we meet, I believe we would be fighting until one of us die." Daehyuk also kept his dagger as Taewon just laughed and walked away.

"Llama, giraffe, chipmunk and black panther, mission complete." Kyungwan said through his walkie talkie and walked to the house, sending the citizens back with other teams' help. He then walked to Daehyuk who was sitting on the grass and holding on the left side of his abdomen.

"Yah, what are you doing? Let's go." Kyungwan reached his hand out to Daehyuk who grabbed it and stood up.

"Yeah, let's go." Daehyuk then walked in front of Kyungwan. Kyungwan nodded his head and followed the younger guy but he saw that the younger guy's shirt had a huge cut at the side of the stomach.

"Yah! Are you hurt?" Kyungwan grabbed Daehyuk's wrist and asked.

"Yeah, just a small cut. Lets go." Daehyuk just smiled and walked toward the helicopter. Kyungwan frowned but followed the guy to the helicopter. As they got on the helicopter, Kyungwan quickly took a look at the cut and realized there was blood gushing out from the wound.

"YAH! Why didn't you tell us that its this serious?" Kyungwan asked as Minato went to take the first aid kit. Daehyuk just took off his shirt, revealing his white skin that no matter how long he stood under the sun, the skin would still remained in white tofu colour, with a 15 cm long wound at the left side of the abdomen.

"Let me do this. I learn some first aid skills from my wife who is a nurse at the local hospital." Minato said as he started to cleann the wound and wrapped it up with a bandage.

"Don't tell Chaeyoung." Daehyuk said as Kyungwan sighed.

"Fine but if she find out this by herself, I won't carry any responsibility." Kyungwan said.

"Not me."

"Not me" Both Minato and Tzuwei said at the same time.

"Not me. An angry dwarf is not good to deal with." Amber shrugged his shoulder.

"Certainly not me. There's a sun waiting for me to go back safely." Yul smirked. The rest of the guys just rolled their eyes and stared at Daehyuk who just smiling.

"You better go to find Momo to have a check on that wound." Kyungwan said and sighed.

"Sure, when I have time." Daehyuk grinned. They went back to their base and got on their respective car. Kyungwan and Daehyuk bid goodbye with the rests and walked toward the parkng lot.

"I need to follow you to your home to fetch Chaeng, hyung." Daehyuk said.

"Sure and I don't want to be busybody but you need to talk about this with her. We wouldnt want her to angry at you each and every time you go on a mission, right?" Kyungwan asked.

"Yeah, I will find one day to talk about this." Daehyuk sighed and got on his car. He winced when he pulled the seatbelt, twisting her waist a bit, and felt a stinging pain from the wound.

"Aish." Daehyuk thought and ignited the engine, followed Kyungwan's car to his house.

"Come in, Chaeng would be sleeping in the guest room."

"I know, hyung. Thanks. Please lock the door later." Daehyuk said and walked to the upstair, went to the second room at his right and twisted the door knob. He entered the room and saw his one and only princess was sleeping, hugging the bolster as tight as possible. He giggled and walked toward Chaeyoung, leaned closer to the girl and pecked the girl's forehead.

"Princess, I'm here. Let's go home now." He whispered and Chaeyoung slowly opened her eyes, smiled and cupped Daehyuk's cheek.

"Seobang."

"Yeah, your seobang is here so lets go home now." Chaeyoung then opened her arms as Daehyuk smiled. He then carried Chaeyoung in bridal style, not caring the pain coming from his wound, and got down the stairs. Kyungwan just sent him an disapproving look and shook his head slightly before sending him off.

"Seobang, thanks."

"Hmm? For what?"

"For coming back safely." Chaeyoung smiled while Daehyuk helped her to wear her seatbelt. Daehyuk pecked her lips and retreated back to his seat.

"There is my princess waiting for me at home. Of course I am coming back safely, to hug my princess." Daehyuk smiled and ignited the engine.

"I am sorry for angry at you just now. That is your job and I shouldn't throw a tantrum about it."

"It's fine. You have your own reasons."

"I love you so much, seobang."

"I love you too. Now go to sleep. I will wake you up when we arrive." Daehyuk said so even though there was only ten minutes ride to their house. Daehyuk glanced at Chaeyoung and smiled when his wife was smiling in the sleep.

"I am so lucky to have you in my life." Daehyuk thought as they drove home.

 

 

A/N: Next chap up! Hope you guys like it! I am sorry for updating it slow because I am currently busy with my own stuffs. Please be patience and of course please do comments and subscribe. Thanks a lot.