Disappearance

Twice Movies/Dramas Project (feat. other girl group)

Chaeyoung and Nayeon sighed in relief when they received the news, the news of Daehyuk was still alive and breathing. Kyungwan too felt relief as the god answered his prayers. They had planned to visit Daehyuk on the next day, and planning to let Chaeyoung to stay in the same room as Daehyuk.

"We need to bring some fruits to him then." Kyungwan said.

"Yeah, now he need all those nutrients he can get." Nayeon said.

"Perhaps we need to bring some meat for him too?" Chaeyoung asked as the duo nodded their head.

"But before that, we need to have a good rest first. You two look horrible with your eye bags and swollen eyes." Kyungwan said. Nayeon just glared at him but still nodded her head.

"I hate to admit but yes, we two do look horrible right now. So Chaeyoung you go to sleep right now, to be in top condition to meet Daehyuk tomorrow." Nayeon said as Chaeyoung smiled and rushed back to her tent.

"Its been a long time to see Chaeng smile so bright." Kyungwan said as Nayeon nodded her head.

"I hope the smile on her face will never disappear again." Nayeon whispered as Kyungwan kissed the top of her head. On the other hand, Seunghwan went to visit Daehyuk, wanting to see the young guy. He knocked and entered the room, saw Daehyuk was reading a magazine.

"You look good." Seunghwan said as Daehyuk put down the magazine and saluted.

"There's no need for formality. We are both not on duty right now. So how are you?" Seunghwan sat down beside Daehyuk.

"I am perfectly fine, sir. Just need to rest for a few days for the wound to heal." Daehyuk said as Seunghwan nodded his head.

"That's good. I am glad that you are alive. We can't lose one of our aces in the special force after all." Seunghwan said as Daehyuk just nodded his head.

"Sir, may I know why are you here?"

"Just to visit you, that's all." Seunghwan said and patted Daehyuk's hand.

"And to say thanks, for protecting my children for me." He stared at Daehyuk with his eyes, sending his grateful thought to the young man on the bed.

"It's my job, sir."

"I know, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't say thanks, right?" Seunghwan asked and chuckled. Daehyuk just nodded his head as Seunghwan sighed.

"Sir, I know there is something else in your mind." Daehyuk said.

"W-well, it seems that I can't hide everything from you afterall. You see, its about the mission. The States decide to bring forward the date, and they want you to go to the States to meet up with them. They had prepare a private plane to fetch you, tomorrow first thing in the morning." Seunghwan said.

"Sir-"

"I can help you decline them because I want you to recover fully before going on such mission." Seunghwan said.

"Sir, I shall go." Daehyuk said as Seunghwan widened his eyes.

"No, I won't allow you to go." Seunghwan said.

"But sir, we had promise them and if we break this promise, the relationship between the States and South Korea would be in danger." Daehyuk reasoned and Seunghwan knew what he said was true.

"But still-"

"I believe they will let me rest after seeing my injury." Daehyuk said.

"Are you sure?" Seunghwan asked as Daehyuk nodded his head.

"I will let you go, but you need to send a report to me via email everyday." Seunghwan said as Daehyuk nodded his head.

"I will follow him, if you are afraid about the condition of his injury." Momo appeared as Daehyuk shook his head.

"I am fine all by myself. The mission is just for-"

"Two months. They plan to capture the terrorist in two months time." Seunghwan said as Momo nodded her head.

"I shall order Master Sergeant Mark to pack your things and bring it to you." Seunghwan stood up.

"Yes, sir."

"Please take care and you are just like your father, putting the country before yourself." Seunghwan shook his head and walked out from the room.

"Are you sure you are going tomorrow?" Momo asked as Daehyuk nodded his head.

"Its for the country, for the world. I need to go." Daehyuk said.

"Do you want to leave some letters for them?" Momo asked, indicating Nayeon, Kyungwan and Chaeyoung.

"No. I need to leave, and don't tell them where I go because they will surely follow me." Daehyuk said as Momo sighed.

"Can't you be selfish for once?" Momo asked and sat beside Daehyuk.

"Being a soldier can never be selfish. That's what my father taught me since I was young." Daehyuk said.

"You should think about Chaeyoung, Nayeon and even Kyungwan."

"They will be fine and it's not like I am not coming back. I still need to come back here, My duty at here haven't finish." Daehyuk said.

"Fine. If this is what you want. You know that I will support you , right?" Momo asked.

"Yeah, thanks for supporting me, noona." Daehyuk smiled as Momo quickly took out her phone and captured a photo.

"Finally, you smile. I am going to keep this!" Momo smiled as Daehyuk just shook his head.

"You are such a childish person, noona."

"You need to be childish once in awhile to be cheerful. That's what Sana taught me." Momo grinned and leaned closer to Daehyuk.

"Seriously, do you think its okay to just run away to do your mission without telling them?"

"Its a top secret mission. I can't tell them. This is the order from the ambassador of South Korea in the States."

"All you know is following orders. Don't you have your own thoughts too?"

"I have but I believe the higher rank is much more experience than me and the fact that they are higher rank than me is making me to follow their orders."

"If they order you to die, will you die?"

"I w-will." Daehyuk nodded his head as Momo smacked his arm.

"You are really an idiot. You should fight til the end!" Momo scolded and glared at Daehyuk.

"But its an order, even if they ask me to kill those innocent people, I still will kill because its an order." Daehyuk said and sighed, combing his hair with one hand.

"You know, I find that its funny that we are being friends when our jobs are so different." Momo said, changing the topic.

"Yeah, you save people, while I kill people to complete my mission." Daehyuk chuckled bitterly.

"But both of us have the same aim, which is to save people's life. Although you kill some people to complete your mission, but your mission is mostly about saving others' life." Momo said.

"But still, fight for your own rights when you should, is not a sin." Momo said and stared into Daehyuk's eyes.

"I-" Daehyuk sighed again and took down his necklace, giving it to Momo.

"Give the pendant that has the family photo to Nayeon noona, the dogtag to Kyungwan hyung and lastly the ring to Chaeyoung. They will understand this immediately."

"You are giving your dogtag to Kyungwan?" Momo asked cause she knew a dogtag was like an identification card for the solider.

"I will get a new one at there. Lieutenant General Son told me that if I succeed in this mission, I might being promote to First Sergeant Major,or maybe Captain, depending on how well I did in this mission. So there's no need for me to have this dogtag again." Daehyuk said and shrugged his shoulder.

"Fine. You owe me one meal then. " Momo just slightly glared at Daehyuk.

"I will buy you anything you want."

"Even jokbal?"

"How the heck should I get jokbal in Zimbabwe?" Daehyuk asked as Momo just shrugged her shoulder.

"You said you will buy me anything I want and the thing I want is jokbal so its up to you to figure out how to get it then." Momo smirked.

"Since when are you this smart, Hirai Momo?"

"Yah! Kim Daehyuk, I am always smart."

"Well, you certainly don't look smart."

"You don't look smart too."

"Well, excuse me-" Daehyuk and Momo spent the whole night bickering with each other. The next morning, Daehyuk was discharged and being sent to the airport with the help of Master Sergeant Mark and Master Sergeant Jackson.

"Please take care of yourself." Seunghwan said as Daehyuk saluted.

"Yes sir. Please do wait for the good news." With that Daehyuk got on the plane and had one last glance at the land of Zimbabwe, saluting to Seunghwan who saluted back.

"I will be back." He thought as the plane took off, sending him to the States.

On the other hand, Chaeyoung didn't know about this and she was being overly excited, for being able to meet Daehyuk and had a nice talk with him after so long. She finally could be in his embrace again, sniffing in his scent and being wrapped around by his arms. She quickly rushed to meet up with Nayeon and Kyungwan who were standing at the entrance of the base.

"I am sorry for being late. You know, I just want to make sure I look good enough to visit him." Chaeyoung grinned.

"Aigoo, see this little dwarf here. You do know all of us wear the same uniform, right?" Kyungwan asked.

"Unnie, oppa is teasing me~~" Chaeyoung pouted and whined.

"Kept your pout and whine for Daehyuk. Let's go. I can't wait to meet my brother." Nayeon then walked toward the jeep. The Son siblings just shrugged their shoulders and followed Nayeon. They quickly asked Sana about Daehyuk's room since Sana was at the reception desk.

"Hey, Sana-ah." Nayeon greeted the girl who was smiling at them.

"Hey, what bring you three here?" Sana asked.

"May we know which room is Daehyuk in?" Kyungwan asked as Sana tilted her head with a frown on her face.

"Daehyuk? He is not in the hospital." Sana said.

"Stop joking, Sana unnie. He jst being admitted to this hospital after being shot at here." Chaeyoung said, chuckling although feeling uneasy in her mind.

"I'm not joking. You guys can go to room 132, he just discharged this morning." Sana said and the trio rushed to room 132. Kyungwan opened the door and only saw Momo in it. The bed was being tidied up, as if no one stayed in this room before.

"Momo, where is Daehyuk?" Kyungwan asked.

"He was being discharge this morning. If you ask me where he went, I had no idea." Momo sighed.

"Why is he being discharge when he just got shot yesterday?" Nayeon asked as Momo shrugged her shoulder.

"I had no idea. I was here this morning and Sana told me that someone from the army come to do the procedure to get him being discharge." Momo lied. Chaeyoung turned and slowly walked toward the bed, she sat on the side of the bed while slowly touching the bed sheets.

"W-wh-why?" She mumbled.

"But yesterday when I came to visit him before I went back to my dorm, he was looking fine and he did gave me somethings, asked me to pass to you three." Momo then took out the three things and gave to the trio. She then walked out from the room, seeing that the trio were just staring at the thing on their hands and remained silent. Their expression were solemn and their eyes were soulless. Momo sighed and walked away.

"I hope this is what you want, Daehyuk-ah." Momo thought.

In the room, three of them were still staring at Daehyuk's belongings and they knew from the bottom of their heart that what did those belongings meant to them and Daehyuk. Kyungwan tightened his grip on the dogtag as he fought the tears that was accumulating in his eyes. How could he ever forgot the day when he and Daehyuk both received their first dogtag, standing side by side, chest puffing up, grinning like an idiot, being proud that they had graduated from the academy as the top of the class. He never able to forget about the grin on Daehyuk's face, and of course the sparkles and stars that found their way in Dahyun's brown eyes that time.

"Let's do our best, hyung. I will aid you, just like how my dad aid your dad." He would always remember what Daehyuk said to him that day. Daehyuk's eyes was full of hope, and proud that he was just like his dad and somehow that spirit had affected Kyungwan too. Kyungwan too felt full of hope and proud of himself, especially it was his dad who gave them the dogtag, smiling at them and patting their shoulder.

"Let's protect the people, Hyuk!"

"Let's do so!" Kyungwan still remembered the promise that both of them made, protected the citizens, protect the people, saving people's life. As he was thinking about the past, he failed to hold his tears in. Kyungwan kneeled down and hold onto the dogtag as tight as possible, holding it close to his heart, while letting tears flowing down his cheek.

On the other hand, Nayeon wasn't doing very well too.She stared at the family photo in the pendant as she slowly touched the photo, carefully and gently, as if she was really touching her parents' and Daehyuk's face. She smiled when she remembered the chaos when her dad wanted to catch Daehyuk to take a family photo. Daehyuk was so active that their dad literally ran around the whole studio for ten rounds, just to catch the young Daehyuk.

"What are you trying to tell me, by giving me the pendant?" Nayeon thought but only for a few seconds before her mind drifted to some scenes that happened during her younger time. She remembered how strong Daehyuk was, trying to be strong for her, not even shed a tears in front of her and the relatives when their parents passed away. She remembered seeing a part of hope disappeared from Daehyuk's eyes when they received the news of their parents' death. She remembered seeing the spark of lights back in his eyes when he told her that he found his one and only true love. Nayeon remembered each and every details about Daehyuk, about how he suddenly became so tall , and how muscular he had become. She remembered how gentle and mature he had became. She always felt time was cruel, passing so fast, not even slowing down to allow her to take a longer time to look at the growth of her younger brother. She was busy studying in the academy to be an army doctor, just like what she promised Daehyuk and she was so busy focusing on her study, she started to neglect her brother. After that, she met him in the academy but that time she fell for Son Kyungwan and was in a relationship with the latter. So she started to put all her time and effort on Kyungwan, neglecting her brother even more. When she came to realize and remembered that she had a brother, was the time when her brother stood on the stage, receiving the rank of being a Staff Sergeant; that was when she had a good look on her brother. She realized her brother that was standing on the stage was not the brother she had in her mind anymore.

"When did he became to tall and so muscular? When did he became so calm? " She had so many questions to asked her brother but deep in her heart, she knew that she missed a whole part from her brother's life because she was busy on other things.

"I'm so sorry, Daehyuk-ah. Noona is sorry for neglecting you." Nayeon sobbed and wiped her tears which kept on flowing down her cheeks.

For Chaeyoung, she didn't cry because she just stared at the ring, their promise ring that Daehyuk gave to her on their first year anniversary, saying that this ring would be a temporary replacement until he had earned enough money to buy a wedding ring for her. She just stared at the ring, with memories of them flowing to her mind. She remembered how red his face was when he was confessing to her, and how shocked he was when she kissed him. The image of him blushing when holding her hand was still so fresh in her mind and also the moment when they shared their first kiss, under a starry nights.

Chaeyoung then stared at her hand, remembering how well his hand fit into hers and how warmth his hands were, she smiled when she remembered how Daehyuk blew air into her hands when she complained to him that her hands were freezing. She also remembered how Daehyuk took off his scarf and wrapped around her neck just because he wouldn't want his one and only strawberry princess to becom strawberry popsicles. Daehyuk gave her a surprise too, playing a piano in front of her during their second months of anniversary. He looked so charming, with that bright smile and delicate fingers dancing on the piano. His look that was so charming when he was there to catch Chaeyoung when she fell, or his charming smirk when he sucessfully making her blushed with his greasy remarks.

"Lets stay together forever." He being so serious, staring straight into her eyes when he said that to her when they was watching a movie. Daehyuk was a gentleman, even though they were together for almost two years but they never reached the last stage, making out, or in short, having with each other. This was because Chaeyoung felt that she needed to give her first time to her husband so Daehyuk respected her decision.

"He was so gentle." She thought as more flashback came into her mind.Chaeyoung started to chuckle but soon the chuckle turned into sobs when she couldn't bear the pain in her heart anymore.

"Why, why we need to seprate from each other when we are so near to be together?" She asked in her mind. She pressed a longing kiss onto the ring as she cried silently.

"WAIT! Momo said that Sana told her that someone from the army help Daehyuk discharge, so this mean my dad must know something about this." Kyungwan stood up and wiped his tears.

"We can go and ask my dad right now." Kyungwan said after not receiving any response from the other two girls. He sighed and ruffled his hair.

"We will go and ask my dad about it and come on, don't be so depress. He is still alive, just we need to know where he is right now." Kyungwan said as the two girls nodded their head weakly and wiped away their tears. They then went to find Seunghwan who was now being in the tent, talking on his phone.

"It's okay. Just remember to get there safely and report to me." He said and lifted one of his eyebrows when he saw the three person who just barged in his tent without asking for permission. He hung up and stared at the trio who just looked at him.

"Don't you three report to me before you three come in?" He asked.

"Where is Daehyuk?" Kyungwan asked.

"Captain Son, I trust you to behave, not being like this." Seunghwan said as he glared at Kyungwan.

"You guys, get out. This is an order from me, and don't let anyone come in." Kyungwan glared at the two soldiers who just nodded their head and quickly walked out from the tent.

"Now, there is no outsiders. I shall ask you one more time, where the hell is Kim Daehyuk?" Kyungwan slammed the table as Seunghwan sighed.

"He is on his way to the States." Seunghwan said.

"Why?" Nayeon asked.

"The ambassador in the States require his assistance."

"Dad, he just got shot in his neck."

"I know. Chaeyoung, I know."

"Then why did you send him go?" Kyungwan asked, trying to be calm.

"He is suppose to go after two weeks but the States bring forward the date, want him to report for duty as soon as possible. I told him that I can help him to delay it but he insist to go there today." Seunghwan said as Kyungwan sighed.

"What kind of mission?" Kyungwan asked.

"Just the normal mission. Go to train the soldiers there."

"Stop lying to me, Seunghwan. If it just involve training, the States won't appoint him to accept the job. Just tell me the truth, dad." Kyungwan said as Seunghwan sighed.

"You know perfectly well that anything involves the States are all top secret." Seunghwan said.

"Can't you tell us?" Nayeon asked as Seunghwan shook his head.

"You guys will know after two months." Seunghwan said.

"But dad-"

"Two months, just wait for two months." Seunghwan said.

"But-"

"Captain Son, I believe you need to educate First Lieutenant Son and Second Lieutenant Kim on the things that involving the States. Like I said, it is top secret. Now, I order you three to get out from my tent, right now." Seunghwan said and just stared at the three.

"I understand now, dad. I will tell them about it." Kyungwan sighed because he knew his father was just obeying the rules. He dragged the two girls out and walked toward the cliff where no one was around.

"Look you two, my dad isn't telling lies." Kyungwan said.

"What do you mean?" Nayeon asked.

"We, 707th Special Mission Batallion always need to go to countries all over the world to complete our missions and most of the missions are top secret, especially the missions that involving the States."

"Why?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Because the States prefer to do anything low profile. They wouldn't want chaos to erupt because of a terrorists group. Since States and South Korea had always be good partners, and South Korea is specially proud of the special forces." Kyungwan said.

"So the States will normally ask for help from you guys?" Nayeon asked as Kyungwan nodded his head.

"But the States just want the best so they would seek advice from the ambassador of South Korea. As you can see, Daehyuk apparently is the best being on the battlefield and he was good carrying out those mission alone, so he received this kind of missions the most. I too, receive some but those were received along with Daehyuk." Kyungwan said.

"So this mean we will never know about the mission until he come back?" Nayeon asked as Kyungwan nodded his head.

"Yeah, and seeing that even my dad was holding onto the secret as tight as he could, not even telling us when there are only us in the tent. I dare to say this mission involving Daehyuk might be a challenging mission." Kyungwan sighed.

"So that's why he asked Momo to pass these to us." Nayeon mumbled.

"We can only remain silent and pray for his safety, hoping he can come back safely two months later." Kyungwan said and glanced at his sister who just remained silent.

"Let's get back to the camp." Chaeyoung said and turned around. Kyungwan quickly grabbed her wrist, preventing her to walk forward.

"Chaeng, trust him. He will be back, in one piece, safe by your side. He is not being call 'The Wolf' for nothing."

"I know, oppa. I know but I just want some time alone for now." Chaeyoung pulled her hand back and walked away. Nayeon just sighed and hold onto the pendant as tight as she could, praying for the safety of her younger brother.

 

 

A/N: OHOY, MATES! Hope you guys like this chap too. And yeah, please comment and subscribe then. Ciao!