If we ever meet

Twice Movies/Dramas Project (feat. other girl group)

Chaeyoung knew about Daehyuk being admitted to the hospital but she didn't went to visit the guy. Why would she went to visit someone who broke her heart into pieces? Why would she went to visit the source of her pain? Why would she still had the thought of visiting him even after he hurted her? She hated this kind of her, so hesitant, so fragile and so pitiful. She was at there too, seeing how the guy just collapsed right in front of her after coughing so violently, asif his lungs would be coughed out. She wanted to go and help but her brain kept on reminded her what he said to her; and now, she was regretting for not following her heart and went to help Daehyuk.

"Hey, Chaeng." Kyungwan greeted Chaeyoung who was now standing at the entrance of the base, thinking whether she should go and visit the man.

"Hey, oppa." Chaeyoung smiled.

"If you want to visit Daehyuk, probably you need to stop that thought for awhile." Kyungwan said.

"I-i-i'm not going to visit him. I j-just waiting for you two." Chaeyoung blushed as Nayeon giggled.

"Well, just telling you then. We are not allow to visit him for now." Nayeon said.

"Yeah, we just can see him from the window." Kyungwan sighed.

"W-w-why?"

"Momo suspected its one of the virus, a newly found virus which might spread in Zimbabwe. She said since Daehyuk stopped in Syria and several places before reaching here, he might get the virus from there. So he is being quarantined, until further inspection is being made." Nayeon lied, creating a virus out out the spinal cord tumour but she couldn't let Chaeyoung to go and meet Daehyuk, seeing the younger guy laying on the bed, body connected with machine and would die anytime now.

"I s-s-s-see. So all of us are being banned from visiting him?"

"Yeah, afraid so. Momo said that she doesn't want to have second victim." Kyungwan shrugged his shoulder. Chaeyoung just nodded her head and walked toward her tent. Kyungwan and Nayeon just looked at each other and looked back at Chaeyoung.

"Do you think we are doing the right thing?" Nayeon asked.

"Yeah, if we let her to visit him, she will ask Momo about him and you know how stubborn Chaeng is, she will make sure she get the answer that she want." Kyungwan sighed.

"I just hope there's nothing serious about it." Nayeon said.

"Yeah because I am going to beat him up for hiding this from us." Both of them walked back to their tent to have their rest. In the hospital, Momo was looking at the result that just passed to her half an hour ago. She frowned and read back the report over and over again before throwing the report to the table and sighed. She knew something was wrong with Daehyuk when she just saw him this morning but she didn't know he had become like this.

"Aish, I should discuss this with Lieutenant General Son." Momo mumbled and walked toward the room where Daehyuk was. She stood outside the room and looked at the guy who was still closing his eyes, had no intention to wake up anytime. She combed her hair with her hand and leaned against the window.

"Tell me, do you really want to die?" She asked to no one and shook her head, thinking she must be insane if she was talking to herself.

"I won't let you die. I will go and tell Lieutenant General Son about this first thing in the morning, but after I have a talk with you." She said and walked away. She headed back to her room and took a final look at the report again. She just shook her head and sighed.

The next day, Kyungwan and Nayeon barged into Momo's room but they didn't see the doctor there. So they walked out and saw Sana, then they quickly walked toward Daehyuk's room since Sana told them that Momo went there just now. They saw Daehyuk was awake and was talking with Momo but they couldn't see the expression of Momo since she had her back facing them.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Momo asked as she showed Daehyuk the result.

"I was going to tell you yesterday night, if, none of this happen." Daehyuk pointed at himself.

"What happened when you were at Syria?"

"Just like what it showed there. I was captured and nearly beheaded but they kinda love my body so yeah, I wa-"

"You was being experimented on?!" Nayeon bursted into the room with Kyungwan pulling her hand from behind and bit his lips.

"Oh ." Kyungwan mumbled as Daehyuk looked at Nayeon and Kyungwan then back to Momo.

"They came and asked about your condition yesterday so I think they have the right to know." Momo shrugged her shoulder.

"That's true." Daehyuk nodded his head.

"Answer my question, Kim Daehyuk." Nayeon said.

"Yeah, I w-was being experimented on." Daehyuk said and sighed.

"What happen there? What kind of mission you were being sent to?" Nayeon asked.

"I w-was being sent to go undercover to Syria, to find the information of ISIS. But you know that country, they are very sensitive toward the presence of foreigner so I was being captured and yeah." Daehyuk said.

"W-w-what did they done to you?" Kyungwan gulped.

"Perhaps you two will know better if Momo show you two the report." Daehyuk said and looked elsewhere.

"Before you two read it, I just want you two to know that there's a chance for him to survive and he is not the one ask for this so don't get angry at him." Momo said and passed the report to Kyungwan. Kyungwan and Nayeon scanned through the report and Nayeon widened her eyes as she saw one particular strange thing about the report.

"You h-h-had what in your blood?" Nayeon said.

"A chemical that being synthesis by them to destroy my organ one by one. They inject into my body, wanting to see how long for all the organs in the person fail and cause death." Daehyuk said.

"W-what the hell-" Kyungwan shook his head.

"That chemical just injected into me a week ago and from the report which Momo told me just now, it seems that my lungs are starting to show the effect of the chemical and my eyes too." Daehyuk smiled bitterly.

"Do my dad know?" Kyungwan asked as Momo nodded her head.

"I told him before I come to find Daehyuk. He ask me to find a way to cure him." Momo said.

"So do you find one?" Nayeon asked and Momo nodded her head.

"But it require him being experimented on too, by a group of doctors, chemists, and biologists to find the cure." Momo said and Nayeon frowned.

"Experimented on, again." Nayeon mumbled.

"At least this time is to cure him." Kyungwan said and hold onto Nayeon's shoulder.

"I know one of the best doctor who is specialize in this kind of unknown chemical. He is at England , if I am not mistaken." Momo said.

"So I will need to fly to England if I want to get it treated." Daehyuk mumbled.

"Yeah. That's the case." Momo nodded her head.

"Just go." Nayeon said and Daehyuk looked at her.

"It's fine. I am going to die anyway, my spinal cord tumour had worsened." Daehyuk said.

"Which is the truth. Maybe due to the effect of the chemical. he now has bone cancer too." Momo mumbled. Nayeon just walked toward the bed and sat on it, bringing Daehyuk into her embrace.

"J-just what is happening to you? Why the god want to make you suffer?" Nayeon asked, barely audible for others to heard.

"Maybe because I hurt the most precious human being on this earth." Daehyuk chuckled bitterly and shook his head.

"Just go and you know, maybe you can comeback alive." Kyungwan said.

"I still have my duty here."

"Your health is much more important than your duty right now." Nayeon said.

"They are right. So I am ordering you to go to England to get that treat." Seunghwan appeared in the room.

"Is that an order, sir?" Daehyuk asked.

"That is an order. I am ordering you to go make yourself back to your healthy self and come back to serve the army again. I can't let one of my best soldiers collapse." Seunghwan said.

"Yes, sir." Daehyuk saluted and Seunghwan smiled.

"Dad! What are you doing here?" Kyungwan asked.

"I figure out you all would probably having problem convincing him to go to England so I'm here to give him my order." Seunghwan shrugged his shoulder and grinned.

"I guess, I will go and contact that friend of mine." Momo bowed and walked out from the room.

"I guess, we will go back and resume our duty." Kyungwan said.

"Yeah, we will come and visit you later." Nayeon said and pecked Daehyuk's forehead before both of them left the room.

"Sir-"

"Uncle is fine for now." Seunghwan said and sat beside Daehyuk.

"S-s-uncle-"

"I am here to apologize, for separating you and my daughter. That is a very selfish act of me and I am very ashame of myself. I am sorry, Daehyuk."

"No,no, it's okay. I understand why you oppose our relationship. Because you are afraid that we might end up like my parents." Daehyuk lowered his head and sighed.

"That's true but I shouldn't just separate you two without telling you two the reason. I am really sorry." Seunghwan stood up and bowed.

"Oh no no no no, please don't bow. I had forgiven you a long time ago." Daehyuk said and Seunghwan sat down.

"So, if you ever come back, please, go after her. You are her first and only love." Seunghwan said and clenched his fists.

"If I ever come back, uncle, if I ever come back." Daehyuk said.

"There's only you in her eyes and I don't want to see her broken into pieces again." Seunghwan said.

"If I ever come back alive, I will go after her. That's my promise to you." Daehyuk said.

"How selfish and stupid I am for separating two lovers?" Seunghwan sighed.

"What you want is the best for her. I understand about that." Daehyuk just stared at Seunghwan and shook his head. After that, Seunghwan and Daehyuk talked for awhile , about random things, about their families, about their jobs and about their hobbies. Seunghwan then left the room and Momo came in.

"You still owe me one jokbal." Momo said and leaned against the wall.

"I will buy for you if we ever meet in Seoul."

"I contacted my friend and he agree to help us. So you are going there next week, when everything inside you is under control."

"Sure."

"Lieutenant General Son will ask for a plane to send you go. You know, to prevent Chaeyoung to feel suspicious about it so we are going to make it like you being assign back to Seoul."

"I'm fine with whatever it is. I just don't want to hurt anyone else. Nayeon noona, I never see she being such weak and hopeless in front of me." Daehyuk mumbled and wiped his face with his hand.

"Hey, do you ever regret something in your life?" Momo asked and sat down.

"I told you that-"

"You never regret but what if, you have to choose the moment where you regret the most,what will be it?"

"For not stopping my parents to go on that mission. For not telling her about the problem. F-f-for being this weak and only burden others about my problem." Daehyuk lowered his head.

"Well, there's a lot but why do you-"

"What if I regret, what would change when I regret? It happened, and it was all in the past. I can't just think back and regret it deeply. I will, my mental, I don't know how to overcome the feelings." Daehyuk stared at his hands and took a deep breathe.

"I just want to be strong. I know, Nayeon noona cries a lot, but she just didn't show it in front of me. When our parents die, I cried too, the first night when I received the news and at the same time, I heard noona was crying too but she kept her sound to the minimum, perhaps didn't want me to hear about it but I still do. That's when I decide to be strong, to be a soldier like my father, no, a even more excellent solider than my father because I want to protect her, my only family left in this world." Daehyuk said and he saw Momo was holding his hand.

"And there come Chaeyoung, the love of my life, my soulmate. She is just so perfect, we two are just perfect, but when her father told me to go away, I can't accept it from the start but when I reached here, I knew why he insist to separate us because he was afraid that the same thing will happen all over again." Daehyuk sighed and shook his head.

"After so many years, I never become strong enough to protect those who I care. I will only hurt them." Daehyuk said and stared at the ceiling.

"But do you know that, you are the greatest treasure that ever come into their life, into my life?" Momo asked as Daehyuk stared at her in amusement.

"Never thought someone who only has food in her mind can say something so deep." Daehyuk said as Momo rolled her eyes.

"Wow, you are so good at maintaining the mood." Momo said sarcastically. Daehyuk just shrugged his shoulder and smrked.

"So you do know how to smirk." Momo said as Daehyuk rolled his eyes.

"Just shut up." Daehyuk said as Momo headlocked him.

" Is this how you treat your noona?"

"Well, you don't seem like one."

"Yah!" The two person soon bickered and finally, there was smile on Daehyuk's face and even laughters could be hear.

"Wow, never know that Daehyuk laugh is so contagious." Sana thought when she passed through the room. Sana then shook her head and walked away. A week later, Daehyuk was being discharged and was back to the army. He met Chaeyoung a few times but they just walked pass each other, not even greet each other. Chaeyoung heart was still in pain when she saw Daehyuk, she felt sad and worry as the guy had reduced his weight, becoming so thin and at the same time, the guy hurted her.

"Hey, you are not going to send him away?" Kyungwan asked, two days after Daehyuk was being discharged. Chaeyoung and him were sitting under the tree since they were not on duty. Chaeyoung lifted her head to meet with Kyungwan's eyes.

"Send him away?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oops, I should had say see him off." Kyungwan said and grinned.

"That doesn't matter. What do you mean by-"

"Kyungwan hyung!! Here you are." Tzuwei ran toward them and glared at Kyungwan.

"Hyung, why are you still at here? Daehyuk is going off any time now." Minato appeared and sighed when Kyungwan widened his eyes. That captain of him must had forgotten about it.

"Oh , I gotta go now. Nayeon will kill me if I'm not there." Kyungwan then ran away.

"Well, we should have let Nayeon noona kill you then." Tzuwei grumbled in annoyance as Minato smiled and looked at Chaeyoung.

"Daehyuk is going where?" Chaeyoung asked.

"We had no idea about it but it seems that he is being send away again and this time fo-" Without letting Minato finishing his sentence, Chaeyoung ran too, following her brother.

"Do the Son like to run?" Tzuwei asked.

"No idea. We better go too. You know, this might be last chance to see him." Minato said and Tzuwei nodded his head.

"You need to take care of yourself there, okay? Its going to be cold now so remember to wear warm clothing to keep you warm." Nayeon said as she adjusted Daehyuk's beret.

"Yes, noona."

"Remember to eat your meals on time. Oh gosh, you always tend to forget your meals. Don't forget about your allergic to cats and dogs so don't ever get near one."

"Yes, noona."

"And remember to send a mail back once a month. Let me know how you are at there. You always make me worry. But its okay cause you are my brother."

"Yes, noona."

"Is it me or Nayeon noona is holding in her tears?" Tzuwei asked as Minato shrugged his shoulder.

"And remember to come here and find me if you ever had-" Nayeon was stopped when Daehyuk brought her into his embrace, hugging the shorter girl as tight as he could.

"I will take care of myself there, send a mail to you and come find you if I'm free so please stop this rambling about things that I had known from the start." Daehyuk said and Nayeon pulled herself apart.

"Yah! I was just-" Nayeon was being cut off again with the sudden hug from Daehyuk.

"You are just worrying about me, I know and did I ever tell you this, that you are the best sister anyone could have." Daehyuk whispered.

"No, you idiot."

"Then I am telling you now. You are the best sister anyone could have and I am glad that you are my sister." Daehyuk said and he felt Nayeon tightened her grip on his shirt and the part of his shirt at his chest started to feel wet.

"I am sorry for hiding so many things from you because I want to be strong in front of you. I want to show you that I can protect you too. I just didn't think about you feeling hurt from my actions."

"Y-you pabo."

"And thanks for standing by my side for so long. Please stand at here when I come back."

"Of course, you idiot."

"Thanks for being my sister, Nayeon noona." Daehyuk then kissed Nayeon's forehead and pulled himself away. Nayeon looked up and saw something she hadn't saw for a long time. Daehyuk was smiling at her, a gentle warm smile that only Daehyuk had. Daehyuk  smiled while gently Nayeon's hair.

" Y-Y-you smile." Nayeon said and Daehyuk nodded his head.

"Thanks to you." Daehyuk said.

"Wow, dude, you smile, again." Kyungwan gently punched Daehyuk's shoulder.

"Yah! What if you hurt him!" Nayeon glared at Kyungwan who just shrugged his shoulder.

"Well, you know what I am going to say, right? Stay safe and come back. My team need you." Kyungwan said and both of them fist bump as Daehyuk nodded his head.

"Sergeant Major Kim, its time to go now."

"Well, yes. I am c-"

"Are you running away again?" Daehyuk stopped in his track and saw Chaeyoung was glaring at him.

"I am asking you, are you running away again?" Chaeyoung stepped a few steps forward and faced Daehyuk.

"Sergeant Major Kim is being assign to another camp to serve the country, ma'am." Daehyuk said and he felt a stinging pain coming from his left cheek.

"How many times do you want to run away?! Huh?!" Chaeyoung shouted and tears flowed down her cheeks again. Daehyuk's heart was in pain when Chaeyoung cry, the pearl like tears were flowing down her procelain like cheeks.

"I am-"

"Just tell me, should I wait for you?" Chaeyoung asked but Daehyuk just ignored her and walked pass her. Chaeyoung quickly grabbed Daehyun's arm. Daehyuk turned around and pulled Chaeyoung into a tight hug. Daehyuk then took out a packet of chocopie and put in Chaeyoung's palm.

"What is all this? What are you trying to say?" Chaeyoung asked and still enjoying being in Daehyuk's embrace.

"Just let you to have some. You know, I don't simply give people my chocopie. Take care." Daehyuk then pulled himself away and smiled. Chaeyoung was stunned by that smile which she missed so dearly.

"If we ever meet, and both of us still has each other in our heart, that's the time when I will never run away again." Daehyuk said and leaned in to peck Chaeyoung's cheek. He then turned around and got on the plane.

"BOSS! WE WILL WAIT FOR YOU TO COME BACK!" Jihyo shouted and jumped, waving her hands as Tzuwei hid his face behind his hands, embarassing by his girlfriend's act but he soon joined Jihyo when the girl took his hand and jumped. Daehyuk just chuckled and shook his head before entering the plane. The plane then took off.

"If we ever meet." Chaeyoung thought with a smile on her face.

Two years later, Chaeyoung was still in Zimbabwe, saving people's life and also waiting a certain person to be back. Nayeon and Kyungwan had gotten married back in Seoul, and the couple was now serving in Seoul. Kyungwan had finally being promoted to Major, which was good for him. Minato and Tzuwei were being promoted to Sergeant Major. Momo was now in Seoul too, busying her project on finding a cure for bone cancer. Seunghwan had retired, and went back to his home with his wife and Naeun. Everything was fine for Chaeyoung until-

"YAH! CHOU TZUWEI! HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO TELL YOU NOT TO STEAL CHOCOPIE FROM ME?!" Chaeyoung shouted when she realized one of her chocopie was missing. She only heard Tzuwei laughing and she facepalmed. What was wrong with her when she thought Tzuwei was the mature guy when they first met.

"So that guy steal your chocopie again?" Minato appeared and asked, with Sana by his side.Sana now had become a temporary nurse to assist Chaeyoung since Momo had went back to Seoul.

"Yeah, I am going to find a way to punish him." Chaeyoung said and clenched her fists. She had addicted to chocopie, ever since that person left. She knew the reason why that person suddenly left, her idiotic older brother told her right after that guy left. She couldn't believe he had hid such big problem with him and just because he didn't want her to worry about him.

"If I have a camera with me right now, I would take a photo of you drooling while hugging the chocopie." Minato said and snapped Chaeyoung back to reality. Chaeyoung glared at Minato who just ran away with Sana followed behind.

"Those brats." Chaeyoung blew air to her bangs and sighed. She then kept back the chocopie, not awaring there was another person walking into the tent.

"Who are the brats?" The person asked.

"Tzuwei and Minato of cours-" Chaeyoung stopped when she realized how familiar the voice was. She stood up and slowly turned around, with her heart beat as fast as it could, as if she just ran. She covered and tears slowly accumulate in her eyes when she had a good look on the person.

"D-d-daehyuk." Chaeyoung said.

"That's me. Miss me?" Daehyuk smiled and widened his arms. Chaeyoung just diving into his embrace and cried, gripping tightly on Daehyuk's shirt.

"I guess you miss me that much then." Daehyuk chuckled and Chaeyoung smacked his chest while continue to cry. Daehyuk just cicrled his arms around Chaeyoung's waist, slowly brought the girl closer to him.

"Which is good because I miss you just as much as you miss me." Daehyuk whispered.

Y-y-you are fin-finally back." Chaeyoung said.

"Yeah and I am not planning to go anywhere again, at least, not planning to go anywhere without you." Daehyuk said as Chaeyoung pulled herself apart.

"You better don't." Chaeyoung glared at Daehyuk who took out a box from his pocket. He then stepped a step back and kneeled down, opening the small box, revealing a simple gold ring in it.

"Do you still remember what I told you? That if we ever meet again, and both of us still have each other in our heart, that's the time I will never run away." Daehyuk said and took a deep breathe while Chaeyoung nodded her head and covered with her hands, tears still flowing from her eyes.

"I still have you and only you in my heart and since I figure that we already have our couple rings and I would never want anyone to spend the rest of my life with, so I hereby ask you, do you still have me in your heart?" He asked and waited for a response but he received none. He looked up and saw Chaeyoung was still crying.

"Y-y-you know, you can ju-"

"OF COURSE, YOU IDIOT! YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE IN MY HEART!" Chaeyoung shouted and Daehyuk widened his eyes and smiled.

"So, can you marry me and become Kim Chaeyoung?" Daehyuk asked and Chaeyoung nodded her head as if her head would fell off from all the excessive nodding. Daehyuk stood up, putting the finger on Chaeyoung and hugged the girl as tight as he could, lifting the girl up in the process and spun the girl around. Chaeyoung just laughed while smacking Daehyuk's arms. Daehyuk then put down Chaeyoung on her bed, and sat beside her, with a great smile on both of their face, and of course tears on Chaeyoung's face and sweats on Daehyuk's face.

"So you are healthy?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yeah. the experiment is a success." Daehyuk said and turned around. Chaeyoung leaned closer to peck the scar on his right eye.

"That's good." Chaeyoung smiled as Daehyuk nodded his head.

"It's always good when I can spend the rest of my life with you." Daehyuk said.

"So you better don't run away from me again."

"I will never do so."

 

A/N: AND CUT! Epilouge done! But don't worry, there's still behind the scene or maybe extra episode. So please stay tune!