We are not meant to be from the start

Twice Movies/Dramas Project (feat. other girl group)

For two months, Kyungwan, Nayeon and Chaeyoung tried to act normal but somehow it didn't  escape Tzuwei, Jihyo and Minato's eyes. Tzuwei, Jihyo and Minato were gathered in Momo's office which the doctor found it hilarious.

"Now, care to tell me why are you three, who was supposingly to be in the army, are now in my office? And why Sana is here too when her job is at the reception desk?" Momo asked.

"Well, we are here to discuss something important." Jihyo said.

"And since Jihyo is here, so I am here."

"Since Sana is here, I am here."

"Since Minato is here, I am here."

"Oh gosh, you four." Momo rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Momo-ah, don't you think Nayeon, Chaeyoung and Kyungwan were acting abit weird for this two months " Jihyo asked as Tzuwei nodded his head.

"I don't think so-"

"Do you think its because of Sergeant Major Kim?" Minato cut Momo off and the doctor sighed.

"I guess so. I mean they start to be weird when Sergeant Major Kim disappeared." Tzuwei said.

"I wonder where Daehyuk went." Sana said and pouted.

"He perhaps doing a mission that only him can do. His legends in the academy were really amazing." Minato said.

"Yeah, when we were in the academy, we heard that he could just fight ten thugs that had knifes on them just by himself and he didn't even get any cut." Tzuwei said.

"Yeah, and he also manage to sneak into a Russia mafia base and free the hostage there all by himself." Minato said. Momo lifted one of her eyebrow, kinda shocking for her to know that the childish Kim Daehyuk was actually this capable.

"I know Nayeon and Daehyuk are siblings, Kyungwan and Daehyuk are best friends but what kind of relation does Chaeyoung had with Daehyuk then?" Jihyo asked.

"Perhaps ex-lover?" Sana asked.

"What make you say so?" Momo asked.

"Because of the loving gaze that Chaeyoung kept on send to Daehyuk. And also the longing glance that Daehyuk had when he stared at Chaeyoung." Sana said.

"Ehhh~ My Sana is so good at observing this kind of things~" Minato pinched Sana cheeks and pecked the girl's lips.

"But she is so dense when it comes to her own things." Tzuwei smirked.

"Minato~ Tzuwei is teasing me~" Sana whined.

"But what he said was the truth though."Minato shrugged his shoulder.

"Yah! Aren't you suppose to help me?" Sana pouted and crossed her arms, glaring at Minato who just shrugged his shoulder.

"If I help you, then I can't do this." Minato leaned on and landed a peck on Sana's pouting lips. Sana's eyes went wie, resembling a squirrel in shock while Minato smirked as he slowly pulled himself away.

"Ewwww, get a room. I mean another room, not this room." Momo cringed and rolled her eyes.

"Aren't you going to be like him? Minato is so romantic." Jihyo said.

"No because I don't like to make you pout. I mean, why should I make you pout when I can just do like this." Tzuwei cupped Jihyo's cheek and pulled Jihyo toward him, landing a chaste kiss on Jihyo's lips. Jihyo just smiled and looked at Tzuwei who arched one of his perfect eyebrows.

"Oh gosh! For god sake, get out of my room and go flirt somewhere else." Momo threw her hands into the air.

"Ooops, sorry~" Sana said and smiled.

"It's fine. I should had known that you guys are bad at controlling your hormones." Momo rolled her eyes again.

"Anyway, back to our main concern. So what should we do then?" Minato asked.

"Do? What to do? For what?" Jihyo asked as she sat on Tzuwei's laps.

"For Nayeon, Chaeyoung and Kyungwan. I mean, they are acting weird because they had no idea where Sergeant Major Daehyuk was, right?" Minato said.

"Yeah, so we need to find out where he went?" Tzuwei asked as Minato nodded his head.

"But we can only ask Lieutenant General Son bout this and you know how tight his lips is when its about the disappearance of a soldiers." Jihyo said.

"Probably Sergeant Major Daehyuk is on a secret mission." Minato rubbed his chin.

"Wait a sec, I want to ask about something." Momo raised her hand.

"What is it?" Jihyo asked.

"Why do you three call Nayeon, Chaeyoung and Kyungwan with their name and no rank but you all call Daehyuk with his rank?" Momo asked as Sana nodded her head.

"Is it because you three are not close with Daehyuk?" Sana continued.

"Well, you can put it in that way because when three of us met Sergeant Major Daehyuk, he is a strict and emotionless person. He always have this cold face on which make people avoid him." Tzuwei explained.

"Yeah, and he never come hang out with us, not until Kyungwan arrive here. Kyungwan is the one who dragged Sergeant Major Daehyuk out from his room." Jihyo said as Momo nodded her head.

"However, I heard from Nayeon that before Daehyuk came here, he is not as strict and emotionless as he is now. He was a bright and cheerful person, with a smile always hanging on his face. He also like to pull pranks with Kyungwan." Minato said.

"So this mean that he change when he came here." Sana said and the four people went into deep thoughts as Momo sighed.

"There must be something big happen to cause him to change so drastically, if and only if what Nayeon told Minato was the truth." Jihyo said.

"Something that related to Chaeyoung?" Tzuwei asked.

"Guys-"

"Perhaps that's it then." Minato said, and ignoring Momo.

"Guys, don't you all know that gossip about others is very rude?" The three soldiers stopped and looked at the door, where Nayeon was.

"That's what I was going to tell you three about, your boss is here." Momo sighed again, she realized that she kinda inheritted the ability to sigh from Daehyuk because it seemed that she sighed a lot after that guy disappeared.

"E-e-er, it seems that Master Sergeant Jackson is calling us for duty." Jihyo said, sent eye signals to the other two.

"Y-yeah, so we will take our leave." Tzuwei said and the three soldiers stood up.

"S-s-so, good day Second Lieutenant Nayeon." The three soldiers bolted out the room and ran back to the base.

"I guess, I need to go and do my duty now. Bye, Nayeonnie~" Sana smiled and quickly walked out from the room. Nayeon just stared at Momo who raised both of her hands.

"I am innocent. I didn't join them. Im fact I am trying to chase them out." Nayeon just nodded her head and sat down opposite of Momo.

"So what's bring you here?" Momo asked as Nayeon sighed and looked at Momo.

"It's been two months."

"Two months?"

"Since he is gone."

"Oh."

"Lieutenant General Son say that we will know what happen to Daehyuk after two months and today marks the final day of the two months of waiting." Nayeon said.

"So you are happy?" Momo asked as Nayeon shook her head.

"Nervous but not happy. Worry but not happy. I just worry that he might end up not coming back alive."

"Hey hey, have faith in him. He is Kim Daehyuk, the legend in the academy, the ace in the team. Besides, you haven't receive any news about him d-dying, right?" Momo had found difficulty when she wanted to say the word 'die' because she was worried about Daehyuk too, not receiving any news from him for two whole months, it was normal for Nayeon to worry about him.

"N-no but I am afraid. He is the only one I left." Nayeon lowered her gaze to the floor.

"And he is going to come back tomorrow, alive and healthy." Momo smiled and gently patted Nayeon's shoulder.

"I know you are worry for him but don't you think you should prepare a happy face to welcome him when he is back tomorrow or day after tomorrow?" Momo asked as Nayeon nodded her head.

"You're right." Nayeon mumbled.

"So just trust him an-"

"NAYEON! MOMO! COME QUICK!" Kyungwan bursted into the room and the two women in the room gave him a curious glance.

"He, He, Kim Daehyuk is back!" Kyungwan said and both women stood up, running toward the base. Momo did pulled Sana together with her and told the other nurses about their sudden leave. When all four of them arrived at the base, they saw Lieutenant General Son was talking to a guy who had his back facing them but they knew in the bottom of their heart the true identity of guy.

"O-oppa, is that-" Chaeyoung appeared and looked at Kyungwan who nodded his head. They decided to walk closer and stood behind the guy, saluting Lieutenant General Son who just nodded his head at their direction.

"You did a good job, Sergeant Major Kim and I have to say the General is very please with your achievement so he will help you to ask for promotion from the president." Seunghwan said and patted the guy's shoulder.

"It's my job, sir." Chaeyoung gasped in air when she heard the familiar husky voice, the one she could even remembered in her sleep, the one which she missed the most.

"Welcome back to the team, Sergeant Major Kim. I guess I need to take my leave because there are some people want to meet you." Seunghwan said.

"Thank you, sir. Good day, sir." The guy saluted and Seunghwan walked away. The guy turned around which caused Nayeon to walk toward him and cupped his cheeks.

"Hyuk-ah, what's wrong with your face?" Nayeon asked as Daehyuk just stared at her. There was a long scar running down from the forehead to the above of his right cheek, slashing through his right eye; and there is an eyepatch on his right eye.

"Noona, its just some wound from the mission." Daehyuk said.

"Oh gosh, what kind of mission you did?" Kyungwan asked.

"I believe its a top secret, hyung."

"Well, as long as you come back safe." Kyungwan patted Daehyuk's shoulder.

"D-daehyuk?" Chaeyoung appeared and looked at Daehyuk with her hands gripping tightly to the end of her shirt, staring at Daehyuk.

"Its been a long time, First Lieutenant Son." Daehyuk said and Chaeyoung was sad because the guy still greeted her with her rank. Nayeon just patted her back and nodded her head, gently pushing Chaeyoung toward Daehyuk.

"I think we need to go now." Kyungwan said and looked at Nayeon who nodded her head.

"Yeah, me too. We can't leave our job for so long. I just glad that you are back, Daehyuk." Momo said.

"Yeah, welcome back!" Sana smiled.

"Thanks, Momo noona, Sana noona." Daehyuk said and Chaeyoung felt her heart being twisted because even Momo and Sana were being called as noona but why, why he still called her with her rank? Why he didn't want to be close with her?

"Yeah, anyway, remember that tonight we will have a dinner to celebrate this." Momo said.

"I am going to ask Tzuwei, Minato and Jihyo to join us too." Nayeon said.

"So, we will leave you two here. Bye." With the awkward reasons, they left Chaeyoung and Daehyuk alone, both of them stared at each other.

"Why?"

"Pardon?" Daehyuk leaned closer to Chaeyoung.

"Why you can be so close to Sana unnie and Momo unnie but not me?" Chaeyoung lifted her head and stared at Daehyuk.

"I believe-"

"You told me that you always love me and yet, you treat me like this. What are you thinking?" Chaeyoung glared at Daehyuk who just gulped.

"Are you playing with my feelings? Do you feel happy when seeing me this broken?! Why?! Tell me why are you treating me like this when I clearly felt that you still love me."

"Because we can't be together." Daehyuk said, being all cold and calm.

"Why we can't? We were together before!" Chaeyoung shouted.

"Because of some circumstances."

"I am willing to overcome those circumstances with you, Daehyuk-ah. Just don't push me away, let's be together back again." Chaeyoung said.

"Chaeyoung, please, just let go of this, of what we had." Daehyuk grabbed her shoulders as she covered her ears and shook her head.

"No! NO! You promise me that you never leave me!" Chaeyoung cried.

"I'm sorry that I break that promise."

"Stop being so cold to me, stop being not you. Stop being a stranger to me. P-p-please." Chaeyoung kneeled down, her legs had no longer able to support her whole weight. Daehyuk quickly circled his arms around her waist and slowly kneeled down. Chaeyoung just gripped on his shirt and cried.

"W-wh-why is it so hard for us to be together? When I know that both of us love each other." Chaeyoung cried and cried.

"Because we are not meant to be together from the start, Chaeyoung. This is all a mistake so just let go of each other." Daehyuk sighed as Chaeyoung lifted her head, her tear eyes met with Daehyuk's cold eyes.

"Is it that easy for you to let go of me? When I struggle to hold onto you." Chaeyoung asked, broken into pieces, right in front of Daehyuk. Daehyuk sighed and brought Chaeyoung closer to his embrace.

"It's not, not when my heart still yearn for you." He whispered.

"Then please don't let go of me. Please." Chaeyoung begged as Daehyuk shook his head.

"I can't. I can't give you the life you want. I am blind and I am one of the special forces, I can't just stay by your side the whole time. I dedicate my whole life to the country."

"Then I will follow you, to wherever you go."

"No! You see, you will understand this in the future." Daehyuk slowly stood up, letting go of Chaeyoung,

"You will understand that me leaving you is the best for all of us. You will one day understand that from the start, we are not meant to be together." Daehyuk said and turned around.

"D-don't go! Please, don't do this!" Chaeyoung shouted but Daehyuk ignored her and walked away. Chaeyoung continued to cry and cry, not caring that she was in Nayeon's embrace. She just wanted to let everything out, the pain, the hurt, the disappointment in her. She felt like she was dying inside, and it was more painful than any physical pain because this pain had no painkiller could stop it. She wanted to stab herself with a knife or shot herself in the head at this moment because the pain was getting unbearable; and she hated that, she knew the only person that could stop the pain was the one who caused this pain from the start. She even cursed the god for not letting both of them to be together, for creating so many obstacles in front of them. Nayeon and Kyungwan looked at each other and sighed.

"Go." Nayeon said as Kyungwan nodded his head. He ran toward the direction where Daehyuk had left. The sight of his sister gripping on Nayeon's shirt like Nayeon was her only float for her to survive in the sea of depression. He thought he would never see this scene again, when his sister was so broken that not even him or his mother could picked all the pieces up anymore. His sister was so fragile and vunerable, should be staying indoor, letting him to protect them but what he did was not even protecting her. He could see how light slowly escaped from his sister as she cried and he swore to god that he would never let the lights left her eyes again.

"YAH! KIM DAEHYUK!" Kyungwan ran and punched the younger guy in his face, causing the younger guy to stumble a few steps backward. Daehyuk just wiped the blood at the corner of his mouth and stared at Kyungwan, waiting for the guy to do the next move. Kyungwan just continued to punch Daehyuk and the younger guy didn't even block or fought back. 

"YAH! HOW DARE YOU-HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO HER?! YOU KNOW SHE LOVES YOU AND YOU LOVE HER!" Kyungwan shouted as he punched Daehyuk and each punch caused Daehyuk's to spit blood out but the younger guy just remained silent.

"YAH! ANSWER MY QUESTION!" Kyungwan punched Daehyuk's stomach and the younger guy fell down on his back. Kyungwan sat on Daehyuk's stomach and stared at Daehyuk.

"We are not meant to be from the start, sit." Daehyuk said and Kyungwan just stared at him. Kyungwan then realized one thing, the only ray of light in Daehyuk's eyes was gone. Although from few years ago, Daehyuk's eyes didn't sparkle as usual but there was one ray of light, the ray of light that showed Daehyuk's passion of being a solider would always be there in his eyes; but now, the light was gone and only darkness in Daehyuk's eyes. Daehyuk's eyes were soulless, full of darkness, full of despair.

"Why? Why do you need to lie to yourself?"

"I am not."

"Just stop this bull, Kim Daehyuk!" Kyungwan punched the spot that was right beside Daehyuk's head.

"I can't give her the life she want."

"She just want a life that has you in it."

"That is what I can't give her."

"What do you mean?"

"I am a solider, someone who sacrifice themselves for others. She is an army doctor, who save people."

"So? Same goes to me and your sister."

"You don't understand."

"How would I understand when you never explain?"

"What if me and her, ended up like my parents?" Daehyuk asked out of a sudden.

"Huh? That-"

"That's absurd, right? That's what you want to tell me, right?" Daehyuk then lifted his hand to cover his eyes with the back of his hand and chuckled.

"But don't you find the similarity? My parents and your dad, me and you, and her." Daehyuk whispered and Kyungwan realized Daehyuk too, broken into pieces inside.

"But that's the past and we can prevent it."

"We can't. Do you know what mission I went past two months? I was fighting ISIS all by myself, what if, I need to go to the same mission again and she insist to follow me again. What if I can't protect her and see how those ing terrorists tainted her in front of me and killed her in front of me?!"

"You are just thinkng too much." Kyungwan said, in a calmer tone.

"The States like what I did, although we didn't really capture all of them but I heard, I heard that, they will send me go again. I can't let her to worry for me. This is not the life I want her to have." Daehyuk said and Kyungwan could saw tears escaping Daehyuk's eyes.

"I don't want what happen to my parents, happen to me and her again. I can't-just can't-" Daehyuk said.

"That won't happen again." Kyungwan said, with a firm nod but Daehyuk just shook his head.

"It won't, if I let her go." Daehyuk said and wiped away his tears, going back to the emotionless Daehyuk.

"W-why? We can just don't let her follow you." Kyungwan said.

"She is stubborn and she will find any way just to follow me." Daehyuk said. Kyungwan stood up and reached out to Daehyuk. Daehyuk reached out, wanting to grab Kyungwan's hand but he missed, by just an inch. Daehyuk chuckled and shook his head; Kyungwan knew that was a bitter chuckle, a chuckle that was laughing at how pitiful he was.

"Are you really blind?" Kyungwan asked as Daehyuk stood up.

"No, it will heal after two weeks." Daehyuk said.

"But the scar-"

"The scar will stay. That's for sure." Daehyuk nodded his head.

"Can't you really be with her?" Kyungwan asked as Daehyuk shook his head.

"You can go ask Momo noona, just tell her that I send you go, she will tell you about other reasons that I can't be with her." With that Daehyuk walked away. Kyungwan sighed and walked back, found Chaeyoung was sleeping, dried tears on her face as she curled into a ball, hands gripping tightly to anything she could hold onto at that time.

"How is he?" Nayeon asked and Kyungwan turned around.

"Lets go and find Momo." Kyungwan said. Nayeon just frowned but still followed him. Kyungwan told Nayeon about the whole conversation between him and Daehyuk while they were on their way to the hospital.

"How? The only ray of light disappeared too, Nayeon-ah." Kyungwan asked in a soft tone.

"No, it can't be. Not the last ray of light." Nayeon shook her head.

"He asked me to find Momo to know about other reasons if I am really curious."

"Why did I miss seeing all this time he was just acting strong, forcing himself to be strong in front of us?" Nayeon asked as Kyungwan sighed.

"Not only you, me too. I, never had a good look at his eyes and when I finally had a good look is the time when I found the last ray of light disappeared from his eyes." Kyungwan mumbled. Nayeon just remained silent and both of them reached the hospital. They went to find Momo, who looked not surprise at all.

"I know he will ask you two to find me." Momo said and swallowed the last piece of bun before stood up and walked to her cabinet, taking out one file and gave to Kyungwan.

"Spinal cords tumour?' Kyungwan asked and Nayeon stared at Momo who just nodded her head.

"He had it before he went to the States. At first we thought he just hurt his back but the result sent to us when he was being checked after being shot, it stated that it was spinal cords tumour." Momo sat down.

"That's why sometime I saw him limping." Kyungwan mumbled.

"When we detect this, it was only the first stage. I will run a test on him tomorrow, hoping it wouldn't get any worsen."

"Can he be save?" Nayeon asked.

"As long as it hasn't reach the final stage, it still has high cance to save him. Since the tumour is located at the middle part, and we can remove it through surgery." Momo explained.

"But why-"

"Because if it get worsen, it means he might has bone cancer too. If he has bone cancer, then we could only do some chemotherapy. This hospital doesn't have any facilities to deal with that. He need to go to the States or back to Seoul." Momo said.

"He knew about this?" Kyungwan asked as Momo nodded her head.

"I told him as soon as I had this report. He just told me that he will discuss about this when he come back." Momo said.

"That's why he is so determine to let go of Chaeyoung." Kyungwan said and looked at Nayeon who just tightened her grip on the report.

"Nayeon?" Momo asked and put her hand on Nayeon's shoulder. Nayeon lifted her head and sighed, there was no tears out because she was tired of crying.

"I-i-i'm fine." Nayeon stuttered.

"He can be save, as long as we run a check up on him and obtain the result as soon as we can." Momo said.

"As long as he can be save, I am fine with whatever." Nayeon said and stood up.

"I thin-"

"Dr.Hirai! Please come to the ER now. Sergeant Major Kim had fainted and was having a nosebleed which can't be stop." Sana bursted into the room, stopping Nayeon from saying anything.

"I'm coming. Nayeon, help me in this." Momo walked out from her room. Nayeon just followed her, her heart was beating as fast as it could.

"P-please let him be safe." Kyungwan thought as he walked out from the room. Momo and Nayeon went into the ER and saw Daehyuk was laying on the bed, several nurses trying to stop the bleeding from his nose.

"Nayeon, I need you to follow each and every my order here. Sana, go and book the CT room, we need to run a check up on him as soon as we could." Momo said. Sana rushed out from the room and Nayeon nodded her head. She knew she needed to anything she could to save her one and only brother.

"Gosh, I hope his condition did not get worsen." Momo mumbled.

After an hour of stopping the bleeding and an hour of running the CT scan, Nayeon was finally able to meet up with Kyungwan, who was sitting outside the room all the time. Kyungwan quickly walked forward to catch Nayeon because the girl was going to collapse anytime soon.

"Woopsie, wouldn't want my one and only bunny collapse right now, would we?" Kyungwan grinned as Nayeon just rolled her eyes at him. He slowly guided Nayeon to sit down on the bench.

"So how is him?" Kyungwan asked and slowly brought the girl into his embrace.

"He is fine. His condition is stable for now and Momo said now the only thing we can do is just wait for the CT result." Nayeon said.

"At least he is fine for now. Well, Daehyuk always be a strong man so I think he would be alright."

"Should we tell her?"

"I guess no, I mean, Daehyuk tried his best to let go of Chaeng and he did everything he could to break her heart, just for her to hate him and move on from him. He just want Chaeng to forget about him and find someone who worth her life.If we told her about this, she would just stick by his side for now, until the end and Daehyuk would never ever, leave Chaeyoung alone without her moving on." Kyungwan said.

"All he want is for Chaeyoung to be happy, without him." Nayeon mumbled and Kyungwan nodded his head.

"For now, let's just hope that it is not as bad as we thought." Kyungwan said.

 

A/N: Next chap up! So yeah, with this pace, I am going to finish this story soon so please look forward to it and please support it. Thanks a lot!