Lion Heart

Falling For Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, 7 pm. The time of my favorite class has come. At 7 o'clock in the evening, you ask? It was a class you could join by choice. It was a class that didn't require a lot of brain cells, I didn't need to write anything down or answer questions. I needed and wanted to relief stress, improve my health and physical fitness. I didn't need to punch, jump or run around to get rid of stress or fat. I didn't need to do much to achieve my inner peace. Yeah right, It's yoga. 

Yoga did wonders that you - someone who didn't do yoga - couldn't think of. You come to your first yoga classes with the thought to improve your flexibility, relief stress and stuff that were related to it but when you actually visit those classes you would see it did a lot more than that.  

Most of the time, you had to do the exercises alone and only listen to the instructions. No one who intruded your space, no one who talked to you, no one who interrupted your thoughts, it was just you and the relaxing music. That kind of music reminded me of when I was on a boat. In the boat I would just lie down on a bed or the bench as I watched the sky, my body would sway to the calm but loud waves that crashed together with the wet sand where it sank back to the sea. Looking at the blue sky with some clouds, I thought about the shapes and what they looked like. No one would disturbed me, I was totally drowned in my thoughts and wished for nothing but that. Just to be alone, alone with the clouds, the sea, the music...it calmed me, without doing much. 

But for the next days, maybe even weeks, the instructor planned a special program for the start of spring: the season of love. 

I just wanted to attend the classes in peace and yet she rubbed it in that I didn't have a boyfriend. Couple yoga: of course, it was possible to do that with my friends but everyone of them were girls. It would look weird if I were to come with a girl to the couple yoga classes and I didn't want to stir up false rumors. The only guy I would take into consideration for this was Khuni, he didn't seem like one of the guys who stared at my and get immediately. Besides that if I told him to be quiet he would probably follow it so I didn't need to be afraid  that he would talk too much like he did in the morning. Donuts may not stop him from talking but I definitely can.

However, I didn't have a partner till now. Students who attended this class usually came earlier to start the warm up for themselves. I came a little later to check if someone came alone like me so I could partner up with him. 6:57 pm. I happily came in the room full of couples and counted the people; 2,4,6,8,9, so there was one left who I could pick. As I counted heads, I've looked out who was a couple already and made out that 3 people had no partner. The first one was a guy who was known for special accomplishments and by special accomplishments I mean highest grade 5 times in a row, a diploma he would always show around to show off and stuff like that. Not that I had something against smart...very intelligent people but judgning from his appearance, he looked like a stereotype nerd with acne, glasses, dirty hair, checkered button up shirt and suspenders that didn't match his outfit at all. But he was still better than the other guy who just came for butts, butts and...butts. I watched him from the door and witnessed his greedy-looking eyes capturing every curve of the girl in front of him. In my mind I ticked him off and considered my last hope. 
It was Yuri. She was the one who stretched herself in front of him and presented her well-shaped booty in yoga pants. Her body was very...uh nice, a mix of sensuality and desire for love aroused the libido in men, if not everyone. For a change, her expression was painted in calmness rather than annoyance and indifference. 

A lion with soft brown eyes got up and stretched by pushing his back. With a beautiful mane that was a sign of power and big golden paws, signs of majesty, his elegant body moved from one spot to another and back. In every movement you could see the fleshy muscles, covered with skin and fur, flex and relax, flex and relax. 
He didn't look dangerous at all, he appeared approachable and peaceful as if nothing would happen to you...but deep down common sense spoke; it wouldn't be a good idea to go and watch, maybe even touch, the wild animal that could rip you apart in seconds even though it didn't seem like that...

Yuri was a dangerous carnivore with a stomach full of antelopes that died moments ago in the knife-like fangs of her. With common sense, I directly shot towards the allegedly genius of our university. He was the most down-to-earth from those three loners and possibly the safest to be with. In the worst-case scenario I would just endure his stories and give him a chance, a decent person might be hidden inside him. 

Soon enough, I got disrupted in the execution of my plan by no other than Yuri. The carnivore suddenly stood between him and me with big paws on her hips. The fangs were almost bare as if she was seconds away from ripping me apart, however, without talking, her expression told me to partner up with her and obediently put my red yoga mat next her black one. It was just as black as the soul she owned.

She watched every moment of me like a teacher who suspected me of cheating in an exam. Although I didn't do something, I was afraid that the smallest movement could be enough for her to open and swallow me, without even chewing. Her eyes were so demanding and spoke in an imaginary tone of Stalin's voice. I was trapped in her silent dictatorship. Nothing and no one could stop me from doing what I did besides Yuri herself. Her gaze was so intense that I subconsciously sat down on the mat and started to stretch myself. 

"Are you alright, Tiffany?" Yuri pulled me out of the trance and sat in front of me. 

"I- uh- n-yes," 

"Nyes?" She asked, raising her eyebrows, "you look scared," yup, I was scared. Scared of you, Yuri, I hoped she wouldn't speak at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter