Be Happy

Falling For Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After I've told the quiet girl and Sunny about the argument between my friends, without saying their names, right then when the part came, I remembered the name Taeyeon was mentioned as well. Not until then I had to reveal their names. 
Apparently, Taeyeon, Jessica and Yuri already made their acquaintance and it seemed like they were more than just people who simply knew each other. If Yuri and Jessica were friends with Taeyeon and Sunny was Taeyeon's best friend...they must be familiar to each other as well. 
But were they talking about the same Taeyeon who sat next to me? The Taeyeon from Yuri story sounded like a boastful player who didn't give a about other people's business. Next to me was a coy girl whose posture was politer than I could've ever been with my words. I couldn't imagine Taeyeon as the person between Yuri and Jessica. 

I asked them what they thought about it. I expectantly looked at Sunny and awaited an answer from her since Taeyeon wouldn't have answered me anyway...when I let my eyes sway to the latter whom Sunny was looking at with an expression beyond all description, I found Taeyeon looking at her like that as well. 

"Uh? Hello?" I leaned to the side and waved with my hand to get their attention, obviously they didn't know what to say either...just like me. Didn't they know what to say because it was absurd? Or because they knew this Taeyeon, Taeyeon who sat in the same room with me was meant?

"So...Yuri and Jessica you said?" Sunny asked. I hummed in response and expected an explanation since it was kind of self-evident that they knew more than me.

"I don't know what to say. Do you, Taeng?" Sunny asked Taeyeon "...oh of course, you don't," I chuckled and looked at Taeyeon who held back her laugh. Just laugh, Taeyeon, just do it.

"Taeng? Do you have class now?" I didn't say anything after that; Sunny didn't know what to say and Taeyeon wouldn't have said something anyway so I just let the former change the topic, without questioning it. 

Taeyeon shook her head in response, followed with Sunny asking me.

"Yeah, do you?" I asked back. She nodded.

"Then let's go together now," Sunny got up from her seat and took her bag. 

"See you later, Taeng!" 

"Bye, Taeyeon," I said to her. She received my kind smile and waved me. Before we disappeared behind the corner I looked back to her and caught her staring at me. Like earlier, she looked away in shyness and tried to hold back a smile. 
Taeyeon was like a little sister who I want to take care of. We didn't have a big height difference but she seemed to be so petite and fragile due to her kid-like frame. 

"Sunny?"

"Yeah?" We walked through a corridor that was dimly-lit since there were no windows in which daylight could've brightened it up. I assumed her dad didn't want to use a lot of electronics in a place where no one or just a few people stayed. 

My dad was like that too, mom told me, he would always save money wherever it was possible whether it was light, food or even presents for mom. He would always think of something special that didn't need a lot of money. He was a very artistic man and surprised mom with beautiful paintings or songs he has written on the piano. I couldn't really judge but she always raved over his abilities to sing and how I got handed it in from him. What a pity I wasn't interested in singing. I didn't really like to spend my time with artistic things even though I was a creative girl. 

I rather devote myself for things I love and singing or painting didn't belong to that. What would I begin with a painting if I finished it? Hang it on my wall? Give it to mom who still had like every painting of my dad hanging in her apartment? Or give it to my lover who I didn't have? At least my dad had someone to give all these and to show his love like that. My dad was a great and kind man. A man you could actually think of a future with. A man who didn't beat the daylights out of a weak woman. I was still attached to that event, thinking of it led to head-shaking. Again and again and again because I didn't understand it till this day.
Why did the best people always get the short end of the stick? 

Anyways, Sunny got out the keys and quietly opened the door so that we wouldn't attract attention...so that Sunny wouldn't attract attention, and fortunately no one was there. It wasn't a surprise though, the door to the chill-out oasis was in the hindmost corner where no student would be. The door looked like the entrance to a normal basement that stored unnecessary stuff and a maze of pipes. It was a perfect example that one shouldn't judge a book by its cover because behind the creepy old door was a comfortable and chill room where you could have your time alone like Taeyeon when we left her. 

"What's up, Tiffany?"

"Why is Taeyeon so shy?" I asked her as we passed one lecture room after another. 

"Where is your next class?" Huh?

"Faculty of economics. So? Why is she like that?" I broached the subject again and looked at Sunny.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter