My T

Falling For Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I turned off the shower and reached out for the towels before I wrapped my body and hair in them.

 

"Ugh, you again," I said as I puffed against the strand of hair that kept falling out of towel, ponytail or mask. My hair grew fast but this piece of grew slower than a cactus. 

 

I supported myself on the sink and thought about something else. I wondered if I cleaned up my room and hid anything suspicious that could blow up my cover. Where is my mask? I asked myself before I hastily ran out of my bathroom to look for the mask. Half , I opened every drawer, looked beneath my paperwork, in the bin, on my bed, in my shelf, cupboard, underwear but nowhere was my mask to be seen. Since it was pink, it couldn't be so hard to miss it in my white furnished room. 

 

"Where the hell did I-"

"Ms. Kim? Your guest is ready and waits for you in the kitchen," the maid knocked on my door and told me about Miyoung's whereabouts, without coming in, fortunately. 

 

She must've been hungry...that was why I, I mean Seunghee, invited her to my house. So I got some new clothes and checked on the pinkish mask one last time before I closed the door and went out with an insecure feeling in my wet hair. Miyoung was a curious kid, she'd want me to show my room and probably was going to browse through my stuff. 

 

"Where did I leave it? I could swear I put it in my...oh!" 

 

"Where did you put what in?" Miyoung asked curiously, sitting like the most innocent angel at the dining table. I immediately locked up my mouth and waved my hand as if it was nothing important. 

 

"Can we eat something? I'm starving to death," I nodded my head and let myself being followed by her attentive eyes. It could get uncomfortable on a permanent basis for me...obviously, she didn't really care and got even more comfortable watching every step of mine. 

 

I opened the fridge carefully as if something was going wrong any second, and glanced at Miyoung whom I could see in the corner of my eye. She looked expectant, impatient and hungry so I quickened my pace even though I didn't know what to cook for her; I should've gone to get some groceries before we went to my home; jam, bacon, toast...toast?! 

 

Not again, I thought when I saw the loaf of white bread in the fridge. I shut the door rather loudly and left the hungry girl in the kitchen to look for one of my maids. 

 

"Come," I demanded, pulling her by the arm. I knew I was hurting her but if the employees didn't act against my wishes, they wouldn't have to feel my rage. 

When we reached the kitchen, I let go of her before Miyoung could see it and opened fridge, pointing at the loaf that shouldn't be in there. I admit, raging over a piece of bread was dumb but it was the principle of the thing. I told them not to put it in there because the bread would be cold if I ate it and that was weird because bread isn't cold usually. I mean if you want to buy bread you won't find it in the dairy cases because it doesn't belong there...makes sense, huh? 

 

"I-I d-didn't put it in there," she said with a shaky voice...not that I wanted to see her cry because she was one of the loveliest and kindest since she hasn't worked here for a long time. I realized that she would get frightened really quick so I tried to keep my composure and make my house a fun place of work and not a place of terror and fright. I reached out wherefore she winced, closing her eyes. 

 

I brought her in my embrace and whispered reassurance in her ear, "it's okay...just remember it the next time," and then suddenly I heard some grumble from no other than Miyoung. 

 

"Now go," I told the maid and slightly pushed her away before I devoted my unshared attention to my guest who looked rather surprised.

 

I sighed at my fridge's content and gripped the handle so tight that my knuckles turned white. I took the bread and almost smashed it on the board next to it.

 

---

 

We ate in silence, she knew I wasn't in the mood to talk...apart from the fact that I was almost never in the modd to talk.

Anyways, she sat at the dining table and munched her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, watching me at the board writing a grocery list as I ate mine as well. 

 

I felt sorry for not being able to give her something proper to eat since she sounded really hungry. To my luck, someone came home with groceries; 

 

"Honey, we are home!" I leaned against the board as I heard rustling of the paper bags. 

 

"Oh hello," omma greeted Miyoung as appa put down the bags. 

 

"Annyeonghaeseyo!!!" she jumped off the chair and shook my parents' hands, Bowing as if her life was on the line, "I'm  Stephanie Hwang Miyoung but you can also call me Tiffany!" What happened to the silent girl who couldn't get a word out just a moment ago? Where did she take the energy to be so excited? 

 

"Ah, ah, Taeyeon told us a lot about you," w-what? Omma...no, no, she did not, right? I loved omma but she could be really embarrassing at times. I turned around and looked out of the window as if I didn't hear anything. 

 

"Really?" I knew all of them were looking at me now, judging from the raised tone at the end. I could feel their eyes piercing through my back. I just wanted to disappear in an instant. Appa wasn't like that, fortunately. Omma did that on purpose because she knew how I'd keep my feelings by myself so she took the part for expressing myself for me even if I didn't tell her to...but she had good intentions thus I was trying not to get mad at her. 

Appa just kept his mouth shut most of the time but could talk a lot once someone approached him. 

 

As they had a little chat about Miyoung's name, I pretended in my head to talk with them;

 

"Miyoung is such a pretty name," I agreed internally.

 

"It sounds like an ahjumma. I don't like it," I liked it, though. More than her American name although it was nice as well...but soooo long. 

 

When I first heard her roommate call her another name than she introduced herself to me I asked myself why she would do that, now that I know about the reason, I could understand it. It didn't sound like a name that suited young people but I thought Miyoung suited her personality better than Tiffany. Not that she had a personality of a middle aged woman but it sounded really cute. At times, she was adorable and some other times she was y...in those other times I preferred Tiffany over Miyoung. Don't ask me why...I just felt like she had a name for each side.

 

Just thinking about the first time calling her Miyoung was so careless of me, but luckily, she didn't question how I knew about her Korean name. The days after the incident with Hyo, I'd only remember Tiffany's Korean name...there weren't many people called Miyoung which was why it was stuck it my mind for a long time and her American one was like erased. 

 

I really liked her name and the person who owned it.  

She had beautiful eyes...but I had difficulty keeping eye contact with her. What was it that I couldn't do it? I wouldn't say I was feeling more than just something you'd only feel as friend, however there was a weird pressure in my tummy whenever I locked eyes for a few seconds...it made me feel so uncomfortable but at the same time I found it addicting, exciting and much more...heart-racing. The last time I felt like this was a few years ago with none other than my own best friend Sooyeon. She was the first one ever to make my heart beat to the point I was close to going crazy.

To think her feelings were mutual was naive of me. Best friends tend to kiss each other's cheeks, give compliments and act as if they are a couple...that was normal, right? Unfortunately, I was so blinded by love. I couldn't set signs of having a crush apart from things you'd usually do between best friends. It turned out, I was totally wrong...she knew about my feelings and resolved that misunderstanding, once Yuri told her about it. Yes, Yuri. I confessed to her that I wanted Sooyeon to be more than just my best friend. 

 

A moment of shock and gloom overwhelmed me. Was it a joke? It must be a joke. But no, one day after that Sooyeon proved Yuri right. Nothing or no one could break my heart like she did. She made my heart race just by smiling at me but broke my heart in an instant when her smile turned into sorrow and coldness. 

 

I didn't give her the fault for what I did. Even if she was the one who broke my heart, I was the one to cause all that. That belongs in the past. I moved on. I loved her, she loved me; of course, on a friendship level...we remain as best friends although there has been a rough time.

 

I overcame this rough time with martial arts. No speaking, just fighting. And by fighting I could release the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter