My Oh My

Falling For Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So are your studies going well?" 

 

"Yes," Yuri said, Sooyeon and Miyoung nodded. 

 

"What are you studying, Miyoung?" 

 

"International business administration," 

 

"Oh wow! Sounds like a promising future!" especially with me in it...I mean what?! Calm down, Taeyeon. Calm down. Be as calm as your name...

Lately, I've been thinking about her a lot...most of the time it was because I followed her everywhere. I never knew when Hyo or one of the others tried to attack her again so I had to protect her whenever she was outside at the evening or night.

 

I had no idea why but the last time I followed her, she just thought to herself oh, why don't I take a walk for the whole night? Yeah right, good idea, Miyoung. She went out at 7-8 pm just to "get some groceries" but getting some groceries was only the beginning of a long adventure to a small river; luckily, close to her apartment and after that to a park where she lay down and fell asleep. YES, SHE ING FELL ASLEEP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ING NIGHT IN A ING PARK! I panicked, I panicked because I had no idea what to do. I mean I couldn't possibly just approach her and be like hey Miyoung, I followed you the whole time and you can't just sleep on the ground; no, no, I had to come up with something else. I shamelessly called Sunny in the middle of night and woke her up, "do you even know what time it is, you idiot?!" she said in a gruff tone. It served her right, though. I was avenging her for everything she mocked and teased me about…

 

Anyways, I told her to get Juhyun's number and send her a text, anonymously, of course. "You called me just to get her roommate’s number?! You are nuts Ms. Kim Taeyeon," after that I heard some rustling sounds. She got up to follow my request. "Why, Taeyeon, just tell me why," I told her that  I couldn’t just let her sleep there, who knew what people would come and do to her. Friends protect each other…I was her friend so I had to protect her. 

 

"just wait there, Ju-whatever will be there anytime soon. Good ing night," and then she hung up, probably going back to sleep. Fortunately, not long after the call, I saw a lone car appearing. The tires gave off a quiet sound of screeching as it slowly moved towards the park where our little american friend slept soundly, despite the coldness. I stood in a dark corner, close to the entrance of the park and watched the young girl getting out of the car after parking it. Her head moved from left to right as if she checked on people who might followed her. I mean, I was the one she was looking for but, luckily, she didn’t catch the slightest glimpse of me. I slurped the remains of my vanilla milk, that Jessica put in my backpack, and watched them from afar. 

 

"Taeyeon honey, are you listening?" I got back into the conversation and shook my head. I looked down at my plate and realized how much I was absorbed in my thoughts that aimlessly picked in my meat.

 

"I asked when your marriage will be with Miyoung," my fork, as well as my jaw fell. Euphoria? Rage? What was it that I felt? The idea of her next to me made my heart skip a beat. To have her next to me in the bed, not having to worry about her safety was relieving but my omma who knew about my little crush on Miyoung, yet she was shamelessly using it right in front of her and my friends whom I didn’t tell yet. Though, they should’ve noticed it by now.

 

"I was just joking, my child," My child…ha…I scoffed. What a joke, omma. I am laughing my already flat off. I can't hold my laugh. How hilarious. Super. Hilarious.

 

"You should’ve seen your face, Taeng, amazing," Yuri laughed. I just wanted to punch her in the ing throat. Whenever she was jealous, she'd look for reasons to laugh about me;

When we sat down at the table, Sooyeon wanted to be next to me, neglecting Ms. Steal yo almost girlfriend. No wonder Yuri was so mean, apart from the fact that Miyoung was at the same table with us, she couldn't hold it when my best friend caressed my thigh to calm me. I really liked that about her. Sooyeonie picked up rather fast on my silent behavior and reacted to it properly. She knew how to handle me and what to do if I felt my temper rising since I could lose it real quick.

I would never learn how to handle it by myself. She was always by my side, helping me, thus, I got used to being taken care of. 

 

"Your mom just asked how you met Miyoung because you never told her," she whispered, patting my leg. 

You were hiding in a counter while I robbed the bank. You were so helpless. My eyes were lost in the dark orbs of yours. I swear to my mother, I’d have never hurt you. However, you were afraid of me…so afraid, even though I haven’t done anything. Was it the mask? The lenses? Tell me, please, tell me. You are not scared of me anymore, right? 

 

"Taeyeon and I met in university," I met you in a bank. You met me there and yet you think we met somewhere else.

 

"I’m sure she can say that on her own, right?" omma said friendly, "come on, you can do it," I looked across the table to Miyoung. She was smiling, not smiling at me but I felt like she was actually thinking of me which led her to smiling. I smiled subconsciously and took Sooyeon’s hand under the table.

 

"darling, just let her be, Miyoung already answered," appa on my right cut the silence and reached out for the bowl with kimchi. 

Then suddenly, I felt someone caressing my ankle. I looked down and searched the source of the other person’s feet. I tried to keep a pokerface while Yuri couldn’t hide her smirk, thinking that she was flirting with Sooyeon. I drew back my other leg and kicked it so hard that she shouted in pain.

 

"OH FU-!!!!" 

 

"is everything okay, Yuri?" appa asked in worry.

 

"Ye-Yeah, I bit on my tongue...nothing else," and then she awkwardly laughed, taking a sip of the ice water to ease the pain of her "tongue". 

 

*ding* our unshared attention was fixed at Miyoung where the phone notification came from. 

 

"I'm sorry," Miyoung said, proceeding with the last pieces of beef.

 

"Just read it. It might be your friend who is in danger," omma laughed and got up to clean the table.

 

"Let me help you," Sooyeon was always like that. Helpful and kind. What a perfect daughter-in-law she would be...Yuri was very lucky to have her. Sooyeon could be ignorant and cold at times but she had a warm heart that melted mine every now and then when I didn't think of Miyoung. Speaking of Miyoung, I was confused; omma tried to stop her whereas appa asked her to drive her home. Yuri and Sooyeon, both were standing in front of the sink, seeming to "wash the dishes". I heard a very quiet whispering between these two. There was definitely something I didn't know about. 

 

"I-I have to go home. I'm so so sorry that I can't stay longer but there's an emergency at home," emergency? At home? Did something happen to...Kim Hyoyeon, you bastard. 

 

I got my keys and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter