Oh!

Falling For Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm sorry for not telling you. I forgot I had class this morning," 

"Just eat...luckily, I saw you on the campus," the officer said as he stuffed the chocolate-glazed donuts in his mouth. 

"I'm not hungry though," 

"What have you eaten till yet?" 

"A banana,"

"Get some fat on your bones, Miyoung," the corner of his mouth, he looked on my bare thighs.

"Can't we just start with the interview? I don't even have something to say..." 

"You are lying right now,"

"No, I'm not." 

"How come the money isn't in the lockers anymore and you were the only one who sat there. You must've seen something. I don't believe you." 

"Believe what you want. I know what I've seen there and surely I didn't see them or where the money went. " The food in his mouth didn't stop him from talking. It was considered rude but when I looked at him he looked like a helpless little puppy. The more he ate the more his mouth was covered with chocolate and powdered sugar, the funny thing was he didn't even noticed it or bothered to clean in. I seriously couldn't bear to watch him the wrong spots with his tongue.

"You are very hungry, aren't you?" I said as I held a napkin in front of him. He nodded and lifted his chin from the donut. 

"You want me to wipe it away?" 

"My hands are full, how am I supposed to do it?" I rolled my eyes and wiped the glaze from his clean-shaved face and picked the strawberry-flavored one out of 15 other donuts so I didn't need to talk because in contrast to him I got teached some manners from my parents.

The threat from them made me think twice about what I was going to say in front of the officer. He seemed to be very ambitious to catch The 5 Silent and send them to prison. I was acting against the law if I hid the information I knew about them but how much would it bring the police forward in the investigation? Even though he said he was going to protect me with his type of brown eyes that didn't show the slightest sign of deception but I couldn't trust him. I wasn't sure anymore if he could actually protect me and yet I raved over Seoul's elite yesterday. As soon as I saw what they have done to the elite, I just decide to protect myself by following their orders.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" the sound waves of his voice has barely reached my ear since they had to pass pieces of deep fried dough before leaving his cavity.

"If you ask like that then yes."

"I'm just asking because I can't be there for you 24/7 to protect you..."

"Who says someone needs to protect me?" 

"I say that," he put down both the donuts in his hands and wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his neat uniform. 

"I can protect myself," I said to him with a smile on my face.

"What's wrong? Do I have something on my face?" I grinned even brighter when wiped his face with the sleeve, ending up with more powdered sugar on it. 

"Are you really that dumb or do you just act to make me laugh?" I put his arm down and took the napkin from earlier to help him again because obviously he didn't know what I meant.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" 

"No, why?" 

"I'm just asking because you need someone to take care of you..." 

"Who says I need someone to take care of me?" 

"I say that."

"Are you mocking me?" He asked, raising one of his eyebrows after we reenacted the same conversation from earlier.

"Me? Mocking you? Officer Hor-ve- Horve-"

"You can call me Nichkhun." He knocked the metallic name tag with his finger, pointing at his forename. I looked at it and then at him. He waited for me to repeat his name but I had some difficulties with it as well. To pronounce his name even though I just heard it coming from his mouth wasn't so easy. I was afraid I would say it in a wrong way again. His expression said I should try it; he looked encouraging and his warm dark brown eyes told me I shouldn't be afraid of embarrassing myself. 

"Ni- Nich- Nick- oh what time is it now? I have to go to the next class!" Before I left him with a blank face, I had taken another donut and rushed out of the police car.

"Call me for another interview, Khuni!" I didn't think I would embarrass myself again but there I was calling him Khuni. He chuckled and bid me goodbye by overdoing wave movements as he showed his brightest smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Running and looking back wasn't such a good idea. I have set myself New Year's resolutions to think before I did something to prevent my clumsiness, which developed its own will, to do things I could've predicted...and yet it had to bump into someone. 

"Jessica! Luckily, it was just you."

"Just me? Even if it was just me you should pay more attention," Jessica said as she flicked my forehead.

"Ow! Well, I deserved it."

"You deserve a beat up, Tiffany." 

"That's rude, Jessica."

"But you know I love you, right?" It was a great moment to meet Jessica; we linked arms after I lightly hit her shoulder and walked to the next class. The way there was delightening and pleasant, the sun was shining through the thin limbs of the trees that were planted just last year to create an atmosphere rich in oxygen for the students' brains to study on the campus. Even though a new semester has started, people were laughing and smiling since the weather was the nicest it has been in the past few months. 
For sure, the happiness wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter