Confrontation

My tutor Jinhwan

“Donghyuk-ah!” Jinhwan shouted, while pouting. Donghyuk, who were a few feet ahead of him, ready to go to next class, turned around at the sound of his name. “Jinan! Oh, you look… terrible,” he said as surprise hit him by Jinhwan’s pale face, well paler than usual, and his heavy breathing. They stopped a few meters away from the classrooms door.

“Donghyuk, tell me, have I ever done something wrong to deserve this?” Jinhwan asked, as he was more than dejected over what happened. Donghyuk felt a rush of panic through he’s body by that question. What could possibly have happened to his friend? “Jinan, tell me what happened.” Donghyuk said as he looked directly into his eyes. Jinhwan couldn’t meet his best friends gaze, when he knew he was worried. At this moment it was more comfortable to study his shoes rather than the worried eyes of his best friend. He felt like Donghyuk was his mother in these situations, whereas his real mother hadn’t time at all, as work was occupying her. Donghyuk grabbed Jinhwan’s shoulders.

“Please Jinhwan, tell me what happened!” Jinhwan inhaled, while thinking of a way to formulate himself to Donghyuk, without making it sound too bad. The least thing he wanted was to make Donghyuk more worried than needed. He exhaled and looked at his taller best friend. “Y-you know how B.I bullies people to do his work?” Jinhwan started. Donghyuk looked at him confused. Regretting more and more that he began to tell Donghyuk about it, he continued “a-and did you know that Seojun q-quitted this school?” Jinhwan nervously laughed. Donghyuk shook his head. Everyone in school knew that Lee Seojun was bullied into doing B.I’s work. Even the teachers knew, but they had no power to do anything, as B.I wasn’t really afraid of them. It had been several incidences where B.I had gone up against the teacher, and even hit one with a solid punch. The only damage that caused B.I was detention, as of his father always had a finger in the schools game.

“And you know when he lost his nerd, he needs a new o....” Jinhwan trailed off as realisation hit him. He was never going to have a good life again. Ever Donghyuk had seemed to realise it was well, as his frim grip became softer and softer and in the end, he had no power in his hands to hold them up.

“Y-you’re going to be his victim?” Donghyuk said in a low voice, almost a whisper. Donghyuk is more than worried about him now. The situation was worse than he actually had thought. Donghyuk was friend with Seojun, and he had to watch him silently suffer both from mentally and physically bullying by B.I’s for such a long time. The last thing he wanted on this earth was his best friend to follow that path. Anger took over him as he saw his friends eyes formed tears. That’s it! After bullying them for seven years, Jinhwan is now become the main victim? Donghyuk couldn’t stand by watching this happen to Jinhwan. He had to take actions. He couldn’t go directly to B.I, but he knew someone he could maybe talk to.

 

A sweet “Yunhyeong-ah” was heard in the corridor, followed by firm steps and a loud hitting sound. Before Donghyuk even realised himself, he had pushed Yunhyeong up towards the lockers. Yunhyeong a bit startled of what just happened, looked confused at the boy who bravely confronted him. Having lots of pretended fights with his gang, where everyone were quite muscular, Yunhyeong could honestly say that he didn’t feel a thing when Donghyuk pressed him to the lockers, if nothing else, it was actually quite funny. He found it entertaining to see the nerd trying to push him against the locker, how he struggled, how light sweat drops was formed in his, oh so well shaped, forehead. How his eyes squinted close, as if that would help to get more strength. Yunhyeong chuckled for a second, but noticed how everyone started to whisper around him. He knew he needed to change things around, going back to their positions: Him being the bully and the nerd being the victim. In a brief second, Yunhyeong took a firm grip around Donghyuk shoulders and turned him around; now he was the one holding him against the lockers. Donghyuk a bit startled looked up at bully with fright in his eyes. What have I done now?

Panic slowly corrupted his head as he went through what he just did in his mind. Donghyuk was really never a physical person, as he preferred to solve every problem by thinking and diplomacy, however in this situation, the anger had took over him and all his senses were all gone, which worried him. Was Yunhyeong going to hit him? After all Donghyuk did came at him quite harshly in his opinion. However the pretty guy didn’t seem too bothered, rather he looked like he enjoyed this. His handsome face beamed with confidence and his eyes somewhat sparkled. Why? Because he could see Donghyuk at such close proximity.

“Okay tell me princess,” Yunhyeong said in a low voice, as he looked directly at Donghyuk, fully aware that Donghyuk makes his heart skip a beat. “What do you want?” Donghyuk felt Yunhyeong’s grip soften and saw that as an escape. He broke through his grip and got a few meters away from him, panting as if he had been threatened with his life, which was actually how it was for a nerd in this school.

“You’re friends with B.I, right?” Donghyuk said, not wanting to look at Yunhyeong’s face. By the mention of B.I’s name, Yunhyeong’s heart dropped. He leaned against the locker and watched the nerd who was facing the back towards him. To be fully honest, Yunhyeong has always liked Donghyuk. He has always liked his dark brown hair that falls straight down, the glasses on the tip of his nose, how he always would tuck his uniform tight, how he would always smile whenever he was Jinhwan, his best friend. Yunhyeong as always liked him, and he was fully aware of it.

“And what about him?” Yunhyeong said, trying not to sound pissed. Donghyuk hugged his hands as he took a deep breath and turned around.

“You have to tell him to stop bullying my best friend!” Donghyuk let out so fast that he almost didn’t know what he had said. Donghyuk’s request came as a surprise for Yunhyeong, so much that he felt a bit dumfounded about it. Yunhyeong raised his eyebrows in surprise. Never had he expected that this bookworm would have courage to finally fight back. A smirk plastered on his face as this situation only made Donghyuk more interesting to him. He should only know how cute he was.

“Ah, but why should I do that?” Yunhyeong said leaning towards the lockers again. Donghyuk were surprised by his response. How could one person be so rude?

“What do you mean why? Anyone with just a speck on conscience know that what you guys do to Jinhwan is despicable!” Yunhyeong laughed as he watched Donghyuk face reddened, from anger or fear, he couldn’t tell, but he could see that Donghyuk’s hands trembled.

“And what are you going to do about it?” Yunhyeong pushed it. Donghyuk looked up in Yunhyeong’s eyes, and surprise hit Yunhyeong as a train, when he saw tears had formed his beautiful eyes.

 

“Maybe talk some sense in at least one person! I know you’re not a bad person Yunhyeong! In fact, you’re a good person, I just don’t understand why you let B.I do this?” Donghyuk burst out, followed by tears that formed his eyes. Yunhyeong felt guilt rush through his body as he watched the boy trying to hold his tears.

“What do you mean?” Yunhyeong tried to push it a bit further. Donghyuk looked up at him in anger, as his vision was a bit blurry from the tears. “Haven’t B.I already told you that Jinhwan is the next victim?” He said angrily, and his heels. Unable to say a word; Yunhyeong stood in shock and watched Donghyuk walk away from him, as he had done once before. Has Jinhwan been chosen?

 

Throughout the whole class, Jinhwan couldn’t focus on what the teacher teach. His mind kept wandering to what B.I had told him. He was going to be his new tutor. In other words, Jinhwan was more than dead. Jinhwan nervously looked behind him, as he was siting on the front row, while B.I was the sitting on the row that was furthest back in the classroom. He gulped as he noticed a pair of sharp eyes meeting his. He turned his head towards the black boards in fright and embarrassment; after all he just made eye contact with him.

Jinhwan mentally slapped himself as needed to focus now, he looked at the blackboard which was filled with thousands of new formulas and Jinhwan had never felt so hopeless as that before. As Jinhwan stared at the blackboard, trying to figure out what he was going to write down first, he felt a small finger poke him in the back. He looked behind him at the girl who had poked him, who smiled unsure at him. Unsure what to do Jinhwan smiled back at her, only to receive a piece of paper, and then she pointed back at B.I. Jinhwan sighted as they got eye contact and turned back to the front. What could it possibly be now? Carefully not to be noticed by the teacher, Jinhwan opened the folded paper and read the message. Jinhwan squinted a few times trying to read what stood there. If I’m going to his tutor, I have to teach him to write readable.

 

To my dear midget Jintrash

 

Meet me after school

Don’t you dare try something funny

I’ll find you and kill you

 

Love your king

 

Cold sweat ran down Jinhwan’s back as he could feel B.I’s glare. Jinhwan was right; he was more than dead.

As the school bell rang, Jinhwan hurried to pack his things trying to get away, only to her a large slam as a hand was slammed against his desk. Jinhwan jumped in fright and looked up; only to find the person he least wanted to see at the moment. “You got the message you little nerd?” B.I’s sharp voice hit Jinhwan’s ears. Jinhwan had packed his things and looked at him.

“Are you sure you me as your tutor? I don’t think I’m good at explaining things to others and I think Seungyoon is very go…” As the little boy kept coming with excuses, B.I got more and more angry. With anger he slammed once more his hand towards the table, making the smaller boy shut up. He looked at B.I with pure fright. “Are you done?” He said mildly irritated. Jinhwan, not know what else to do, nodded as a sign of surrender. They were ready to walk out when Mr Lee called for him.

“Kim Hanbin, where do you think you’re going?” He said while crossing his arms over his chest.

“Home, duuh, I don’t want to spend anymore time with you than needed,” he said placing his backpack on one of his shoulder and his hand in the pocket, giving a dul look at his homeroom teacher.

“Well it’s your lucky day today, you’re not going to have detention with me, you’ll have it with Mrs Park”, Mr Lee said as he packed up his stuff and was about to leave, but were interrupted by a very frustrated B.I.

“WHAT? Why the he-” he shouted so loud that those from the corridor could have probably heard him. What the hell would he get detention for now? As far as he remembers, he hasn’t done a thing!

“You didn't turn in the lst assigment” he said as he raised a brow at him. Oh, that. Well it's not his fault that the er Seojun quit this school, leaving him to do the work by himself. Jinhwan was unsure what he was going to do in this situation. Should he just leave or? He carefully looed at B.I, only to recieve an ugly glare. As fast as he could, he looked away from him. 

“I won’t” Hanbin said glaring from Jinhwan to Mr Lee. The teacher raised an eyebrow at him who dared to say against him, not that was a new thing; after all it was Kim Hanbin.

“Well you can choose, detention today, or stay after class and clean the classroom for the next week,” Mr Lee said as he leaned into the teacher’s desk. B.I felt anger bubble inside his veins as he glared at the teacher, trying to make him change his mind, but failed. As B.I realised it wasn’t worth trying; the teacher wouldn’t change his mind, he let go of his backpack and plopped down on the chair in full anger, still glaring at the teacher. Mr Lee looked please and stood up.

“Good, now I shall take my leave, and so should you Jinhwan,” he said as he took his suitcase and went off. Jinhwan followed the teacher with his eyes until he was out of the classroom and out of reach. Jinhwan stood frozen on the spot, as he didn’t dare to look at B.I. Jinhwan was startled for a second when he heard B.I’s voice in the silence; “don’t you dare ing leave.” Jinhwan said he would wait outside and B.I ignored him, so Jinhwan took it as an ‘okay’.

When Jinhwan stood outside the classroom, waiting for B.I, he could finally let out his tears. Everything that had happened today was really much. Being the next victim of B.I is really a hard. And Donghyuk seemed to be more than worried. Suddenly thinking of his best friend he got a knot in his stomach. What if being B.I’s victim would affect Donghyuk as well? What if Donghyuk also had to suffer under B.I and his friend’s bullying, more than usual. Jinhwan found his phone and quickly dialled Donghyuk’s number, which was one of two numbers he knew by memory, along with his sisters.

Before he even could press ‘call’, he heard footsteps approach him and suddenly he was thrown into the wall. Jinhwan squinted his eyes in pain and suddenly he felt a hand grip his shirt collar. “Isn’t it the little noodle head?” a familiar voice said, referring the incidence that took place earlier. Jinhwan looked up in shock and fright as Junhwe and Bobby met his eyes. “Hey sunshine” Bobby said behind Junhwe as he smiled with his half moon eyes, but the smile soon faded as he got confused; “oh wait are you crying?”

Junhwe stood in front of Jinhwan locking him on the spot by his arms. Jinhwan looked at them as a terrified deer that looked into the eyes of his killer. Junhwe had always found it weird. How could a boy at his own age, look like an early high school boy? Almost like a girl? He had such feminine traits, that he couldn’t avoid at all. His black hair looked so soft, and Junhwe had wondered how it would feel like to touch it. How could this small boy make him feel funny? Junhwe didn’t know what it was, but he didn’t like it. Out of sudden Junhwe leaned closer and looked closer at Jinhwan. Jinhwan, who had not seen this coming, panicked. Jinhwan had never been this close to a person and it felt very uncomfortable. What did he want? Would he die today? Jinhwan couldn’t read on Junhwe’s face what he wanted. “What are you actually doing here?” Junhwe asked as Jinhwan only could press out “I’m waiting for someo-” “Oh am I the one you’re waiting for?” Junhwe cut of as a smirk covered his lips and Jinhwan frowned in fright. Jinhwan was about to say something when Bobby interrupted.

“Ey Junhwe, are you done flirting? I also want to make him uncomfortable!” Bobby started to whine, which made Junhwe turn his head towards Bobby. He was about so say something when suddenly the classroom door barged open making the three of them turn their heads towards the door, only to see an angry B.I who had kicked the door open. “Leave him. Now,” were the words needed for Junhwe to take some steps backwards. “You two leave now” he said referring to his idiots of friends. The two pair of friends looked at eachother before shrugging their shoulders and started to walk away. Junhwe quickly looked back, seeing B.I approach Jinhwan. A bad feeling rushed through him, and he hated it.

 

The two were left standing in the corridor all in silence. Jinhwan didn’t really know what to say, or f he was allowed to talk. B.I broke the silence, "we need to stop a place first". Confused and curious Jinhwan kept silent and nodded. I was not like he dared to say otherwise. Honestly speaking, Jinhwan was terrified. He had seen to many movies where “we need to stop a place first” meant a bad thing. B.I started to walk, and Jinhwan couldn’t do anything, than follow him, while his thoughts were on what on earth B.I could do to him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N 
Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting! <3

Ah I'm so sorry to those who wanted a bobdong! I had already made the idea and the plot when I first uploaded a chapter here, so I apologise that it can't be Bobdong, but I hope you will still read it! :)

I just wanted to tell you guys about the updates: 

I am very buys as I have school, work, and lots of lots of more things that happens around me, so I'll say it now: I won't be able to update really fast, because of the reasons I mentioned above and because I want to give you a good time reading, therefor I use time to look though it and give it meaning ahha, but I will upload once a week! That I promise!

I hope you all wll wait for my updates and thank you agian for reading! It means quiet a lot!