New Tutor

My tutor Jinhwan

For Jinhwan, school could be fun at some times. For example when they had free time and he could go the library and study by himself, or maybe when they had math – which is the best subject he could think of –, or when they have lunch break. However, school is not fun when the bullies come across him. Jinhwan is quite the small guy. Despite being in his last year of high school, there are too many who thinks he is in his first year, which is something Jinhwan hates. He hates being short and looked down on because of it. If only he could’ve grew a few centimetres? Along with being short he also have quite the feminine features, which when we was younger, gave some people a hard time deciding which gender he was. Though, Jinhwan didn’t find it weird or bothersome. He couldn’t do anything about it. Sure get his hair cut and maybe style himself more “manly”, but Jinhwan liked his style. He liked his loose pants and the sweater over the shirt. He liked the comfortable style. Despite having these “weaknesses” Jinhwan is quite gentle, he is a warm-hearted boy who believes there is something good in everyone, despite how rude or “evil” they seemed to be. Which is perhaps why the bullied find him as an easy target? Jinhwan would never have a day’s rest from the bullies; either if they made a huge deal out of it or only spat words at him, while walking in the corridor. They always seemed to find it so entertaining to bully him, and especially today.

 

Jinhwan walked with firm steps towards his best friend, Donghyuk, who stood by his locker. Jinhwan and Donghyuk have been friends for as long as Jinhwan can remember. They had met in kindergarten by Jinhwan stealing Donghyuk’s favourite plush rabbit, because Jinhwan thought it was cute. Donghyuk had started to cry and Jinhwan had given it back. After that incidence, Donghyuk had been sceptic towards Jinhwan, but Jinhwan had given him a flower as an apology, and after that they became inseparable and still are today.

 

Donghyuk closed the locker, smiling, however the smile fell in the minute he saw Jinhwan. Covered in noodle sauce and noodles, Jinhwan stopped in front of the taller, yet younger boy. Donghyuk sighted. “B.I again?”

“And guess what? He had his buddies with him as well!” Jinhwan said with a sarcastic happy voice.

 

It was an unusual day today, it had started out great with math and biology, which is his favourite subjects, and no bullies had approached him. This could actually be one of the good days for a long time. However when lunch came around things went back to normal. Jinhwan had walked in to the cafeteria and searched for Donghyuk, who would usually sit in the cafeteria already, but today it seemed like he was gone. Jinhwan felt an uneasy feeling creeping up from his stomach. Something bad was doomed to happen. And he was to learn that he could definitely trust his stomach, because in the exact minute, he felt a strong arm slung around his shoulder and Jinhwan gulped. “Hey shorty, where’s your friend, - was it Dorkhyuk, perhaps – at?” Bobby, the only one in school with such a husky voice, asked him.

“I-I don’t know?” Jinhwan tried.

“Well isn’t that sad… Poor little midget,” Junhwe, a friend of Bobby and a part of the bully gang, said, appearing on the other side of him. Jinhwan sighted. In the beginning, he was terrified of them, - well he still is; but less than before – now he’s only tired of their behaviour towards him.

He rolled his eyes as he aksed “okay, what do you want this time?” Jinhwan knew somehting was up, they weren't friendly with him for no reason. 

Bobby looked down at him. “Nawww don’t be like that, I thought we were good friends,” he said as he began to chuckle, and his white bunny teeth were showing as well as his stupid half-mooneyes. Suddenly Bobby stopped laughing and let go of the smaller boy. For a minute Jinhwan was happy to be released, but the happiness sunk deep down as he saw who was in front of him. Kim Hanbin, or B.I as everyone calls him. Probably the biggest bully in their schools history. 

“Well, well, well, isn’t it the small midget? I didn’t even know you still dared to come to the cafeteria after all this time?” he said as he looked around in the cafeteria. Jinhwan’s anger started to bubble up in his veins. God, he was tired of this. “Ah I see your friend is not here to help out today? What a shame,” he said sarcastically as he took a firm grip around Jinhwan’s shoulder. Jinhwan winced as he felt the firm grim starting to hurt. “Have you ever wondered how it would feel like to be a noodle?” Jinhwan frowned at looked up at the taller boys.

“Nood-“ Before Jinhwan even had a chance to react he felt hot steam of water were poured over him and ran down along his ears, onto his shoulder. Hot noodles were burning in his head, and the hot water was probably going to leave some burning marks.

 

Jinhwan screamed as he pushed B.I and ran past him. B.I chuckled, as Junhwe and Bobby had a good laugh. “He screams and runs like a girl, how could we not ?” Bobby laughed as he dabbed by his victory. B.I rolled his eyes when Junhwe copied him. A voice made the stupid duo stop and B.I interested.

“Was that necessary?” B.I turned to where the voice belonged. “He could get burning marks you know?” Yunhyeong said with arms crossed tight over his chest. B.I rolled his eyes once more and approached him and slung an arm around him.

“Well if you think so poor of him, why don’t you join him?” He said. Yunhyeong rolled his eyes, in despair. “Oh c’mon baby yoyo,” B.I pouted his lips, and Yunhyeong – after holding his mask for some time – finally chuckled.

“Try not to hurt him too much, I don’t feel like being called in by the principle today,” he chuckled and B.I only rolled his eyes.

“Don’t underestimate med Yunhyeong.”

 

By the time Jinhwan had ran out of the cafeteria and to Donghyuk, the water had cooled down, actually it wasn’t that hot, but it was an excuse to get away from B.I and his gang. Donghyuk sighted as he took Jinhwan by his arm and dragged him to the toilet. “You should make them stop,” he said more of a command than an encouragement, as he removed the noodle from Jinhwan’s hair.

“What do you want me to do? Beg them to stop, and watch them enjoying it even more? No thank you, I spent my three first years on that,” Jinhwan said, clearly annoyed. How come he is the one who gets bullied the most? As far as he remembers, he hadn’t done anything towards them. Donghyk sighted, knowing hoe Jinhwan felt. When he had cleaned the smaller boys hair, he got his gym uniform out of his bag and gave it to Jinhwan. Both the lads are too used to this already. They’re too used to bullies approach them everyday, that they have backup plans. They’re too used that they get bullied out money, lunch, notes and other things, which will please the bullies. What none of them had ever expected though, was what the next requirement from the bullies, more specific Kim Hanbin.

 

B.I waved the other guys from his gang goodbye as he headed towards his locker. He doesn’t even know why. It’s not like he’s going to focus on the next class anyway, but still he didn’t feel like getting detention for skipping class today. For B.I school is just a filler phase before he has to move to another chapter in his life. He never really paid any attention to his academic achievement; his future is already set in stone for him anyway. As soon as he finishes school and college, he’s supposed to take over his fathers company, whether he wants it or not. His father – and mother for that sake – has always had high hopes for him and want him to succeed, though B.I never really wanted to take over the company. He wanted to do something totally different, but he never dared to think of it, as he knew his father.

 

When he walked up towards his locker, he noticed a piece of paper sticking out of it. Curiosity taking over, he walked faster and opened the locker, and got a letter, as the piece of paper revealed to be. He looked around curious as he opened the letter. For some reason he had expected a beautifully written letter of a confession form one of his fangirls, with perfume on, but to his big disappointing, it was a small piece of paper in the envelope with terrible ugly handwriting.

 

“Dear B.I

 

I’m sorry, but I can’t take your attitude anymore

And so I decided to move to a new school

Good luck finding another person who could put up with your behaviour, .

 

From Lee Seojun”

 

B.I read the small note over and over to reassure that he really had understood what happened; the coward had betrayed him. For each time he read, the more anger bubbled inside him. Reading it 10 times he had enough. With rage and full of anger he punched the locker as hard as he could along with a shout so loud that even those at the other side of the city could’ve heard him, and made the small groups around him jump in fright. He heard few whispers, which didn’t help on the anger at all. He shot death glares at them all, not excluding anyone, making them shut up and deal with their own things.

“” he cursed under his breath as he once again read the paper. That er, how dares he? Now he needed to find a new nerd to do his ty homework and help him one the stupid exams. Slamming the locker door hard, he walked to the classroom, thinking who the next bastard he should use.

 

B.I sat the furthest back in a corner in the classroom; ponder over whom the hell he should get as help. He had thought of many of the stupid nerds. Seungyoon? Nah he’s annoying. Donghyuk? No he was too kind. B.I didn’t like his face either.

 

Mr Kim

 

He looked across the classroom, roaming for something his eyes could rest on.

 

Kim

 

 His eyes landed on a neck that was seated in the front row of the classroom.

 

Hanbin

 

The milky white skin was showing from the shirt collar. The black hair was cut enough to reveal the neck.

 

Kim Hanbin, could you please read?” his teacher Lee asked impatiently, ripping B.I out of his thoughts. He ooked around class and realised everyone was curiously looking at him. Suddenly a chair was pulled out and the neck he was observing was now further up in the air than it was at first.

“I can read.” All eyes were fixed on the guy who just stood up. Then it felt like a train of idea hit B.I. Now he knew who was the next nerd he was going to use.

 

B.I stood leaned towards the lockers with hands in his pants and observed the fellow students, until the familiar face he was waiting for finally came. The short lad walked as if there were no worries in this world. “Noodle head!” B.I said as he approached the smaller boy.

 

In the minute Jinhwan heard noodle head, coming from his voice, he quivered and stopped, he knew what was coming. For a brief second he looked at B.I, then turned around and walked fast away, trying his best to avoid his presence. Honestly, Jinhwan would never want anything to do with him at all, and why would he? He had after all bullied him for Jinhwan’s entire time in high school. B.I noticed the smaller boys movement, which was not pleasing him at all. He was quick on his feet, grabbing Jinhwan’s backpack, and dragged him to the lockers. Jinhwan closed his eyes as the pain rushed from his head to his body.

“I was talking to you, noodle head,” he said in a low and threatening voice. Jinhwan breathed unsteady, not daring to look at him. Only a small nod was given, and that was good enough for B.I to continue.

“Read this,” B.I shoved the paper in Jinhwan’s face. “What do you think this means?” he asked looking directly at the smaller boy who was reading the note.

 

Unsure what the right answer was, Jinhwan tried. “H-he moved away?” B.I rolled his eyes in annoyance. He grabbed Jinhwan by the collar of his shirt and slammed him towards the locked again, looking him directly in the eyes.

“Which means?” B.I stared hard at him, so hard that Jinhwan could feel it.

“Which means…?” Jinhwan looked carefully up at him for answers. Unfortunately it was only a glare to receive along with another slam. This time his head started to hurt pretty bad. B.I suddenly leaned closer to Jinhwan, so close that Jinhwan couldn’t anticipate what B.I was going to do. Jinhwan could feel his heart beat faster than usual, and not because he was afraid.

 

B.I leaned closer and whispered in his ear. “Which means I need to find a new ing nerd to help me with the grades, and guess what? You’re that lucky bastard.” With that he let go of Jinhwan and began to walk away, but stopped, as he was some meters away, turning to Jinhwan. “By the way midget, do not even try do anything against, if you do so, I’ll make your life miserable.” This time he left, leaving Jinhwan with a fluttered heart and pink cheeks. What just happened?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
So this is the first chapter! tell me what you think?