Eyes On You

My tutor Jinhwan

Jinhwan have had problems waking up today as he over slept and almost ran late for school. As he finally had made it into school grounds, he felt a mixture of tiredness and nervousness, as for how the school day would be. Searching for Hanbin, he remembered; Hanbin probably don’t want to be seen together at school. After all they haven’t had the best relationship in public, and he didn’t know how far Hanbin had come. Maybe he was never going to expose them? And they would be in a secret relationship for the entire time? Jinhwan chuckled at himself for his stupid thought. Sure Hanbin wasn’t ready yet, but he would eventually. Jinhwan just needed to give time to Hanbin.

As Jinhwan was captured in his train of thoughts, he didn’t notice Junhwe walking up beside him, making Jinhwan surprised when he realised he had been there for quite some time.

“So…” he asked dragging out the ‘o’. Jinhwan looked at him, waiting for him to continue, but as there were no continuations, Jinhwan frowned and smiled.

“Sooo… what?” he asked, finishing where Junhwe had left of, earning an eye roll and a smirk from Junhwe.

Junhwe took Jinhwan by his hand, making him stop in his track, and turned him around towards him. Junhwe looked deep into his eyes, making Jinhwan feel uneasy. What could Junhwe possible be thinking of now? Last time he had been grabbed by his hand, was from Hanbin and he intended to kiss Jinhwan. Jinhwan slightly gulped as he could swear Junhwe was leaning closer to him. “So what is your final answer? Will you be my tutor?” he asked so tenderly.

Jinhwan’s eyes who once were almost closed, in tiredness, was now wider than ever. Jinhwan mentally cursed as he had literally forgot everything about Junhwe’s offer. Jinhwan felt panic attack him as the thought had not once crossed his min, after all that happened between him and Hanbin, he couldn’t even remember his own best friend and to top that, he forgot Junhwe’s offer.  Jinhwan gulped as he looked over at Junhwe who seemed to have an aura of being happier than ever, unknown that he will be rejected. Jinhwan closed his eyes as he mentally cursed. Nervously, Jinhwan looked around at anything just to think through what to do, before he looked at Junhwe, who looked at him hopefully. Discomfort was written on Jinhwan’s face as he didn’t want to do this, nor did he know how to do this, but he had made a clear mind: he did not want to be Junhwe’s tutor. Jinhwan had almost accepted the offer in despair and in hurt by Hanbin’s “rejection” from him, as Jinhwan had thought. But as it turned out to be a misunderstanding, Jinhwan did want to focus only on Hanbin, as Hanbin was the one Jinhwan liked.

Jinhwan took a deep breath before he looked Junhwe in the eyes. “Junhwe-ah,” Jinhwan managed to say before his voice failed him. Junhwe looked at him smiling, not helping Jinhwan at all. “I-I’m really sorry, but I have no time to tutor you as I am very busy,” Jinhwan lied. Well technically he didn’t lie, as he was busy with his own studies and tutor Hanbin, and actually be with Hanbin, but he was not truly telling him the truth either, as he honestly didn’t want to be his tutor. Besides Jinhwan knew how Hanbin would react if Jinhwan told him that he was tutoring Junhwe as well. Not that he was tutoring someone else was terrible for Hanbin, but the fact that it was Junhwe, made it unacceptable for Hanbin. Why only Junhwe, Jinhwan had yet to learn.

June’s once proud, hopeful face and lost its charm. The colour on his face had turned even whiter. Had Junhwe just lost him? Why did it feel like someone had ripped something out of him? Junhwe felt like his knees would fail him any time soon. Why did Jinhwan reject him? Jinhwan felt guilt nagging inside of him as he could see how bad Junhwe took it. “I-I’m really sorry, I am, I just, I really don’t have time, and it’s not like I don’t appreciate you, cause you’re a really fun guy and I must thank you for that time at the Han River, but I,” Jinhwan babbled making it hard for Junhwe to follow and ended up cutting Jinhwan as he saw how the petite boy was on the verge to cry. But why was Junhwe all worked up? It was not Jinhwan’s fault that he was busy all the time that he was busy; and he that didn’t mean Jinhwan was taken, meaning Junhwe had a chance to make Jinhwan change his mind.

“Don’t worry, its okay,” Junhwe said as he faked the worst smile Jinhwan had ever seen on the boy. Jinhwan felt horrible and all he wanted to do was to hug and apologise to him a thousand times, but he knew he couldn’t do that. All he could was to simply smile at him with sympathy. Junhwe looked at the shorter, not knowing what to say. He saw how the guilt ate him alive, so even though he was rejected, he had to change his hyung’s mood. Even though it was fake, a big grin across his face was better than nothing. He slung an arm around Jinhwan and chuckled. “Don’t worry shorty! I’ll be fine! Ill just have to seek someone else for help, but that’ll be fine,” Junhwe grinned making Jinhwan smile weakly, whispering an “I’m sorry.” Junhwe heard it, clearly, but chose to ignore it, as he didn’t want to feel more pain. Well that was until the small figure was no longer underneath his arm, but in front of him, walking towards the person he least wanted to see him with. Kim Hanbin.

“B.I!” Jinhwan shouted. To Junhwe’s surprise, Hanbin turned around smiling at him. As far as Junhwe knew, Jinhwan weren’t liked by B.I and B.I had always had him as a target in the bullying, but somehow, it seemed like he had turned softer towards the small boy, something Junhwe didn’t like. He saw how Jinhwan smiled as he was talking to him, and how Hanbin was smirking and chuckling with him. For some reason, Junhwe felt a bit threatened by the situation. Were something happening between them? That couldn’t be? B.I doesn’t like these types of boys.

Junhwe didn’t want to believe it was true, but seeing how Jinhwan’s eyes literally sparkled by talking to Hanbin, he knew it was true. Junhwe said earlier that he was okay with Jinhwan not being his tutor and that he only felt emptied? Well not that he knew whom he had lost to, things weren’t okay anymore. What is Junhwe’s is Junhwe’s, and he’d make sure what belonged to him, came back to him safely.

 

Jinhwan was surprised by how open Hanbin had been with him, by the fact that they were at school. Sure they did not act like a couple as both Hanbin and Jinhwan knew that they couldn’t. If it came out that they were a couple in school, it wouldn’t take long before it came out to Hanbin’s father as well, and he would end their relationship in a harsh and brutal way. But despite his scared thoughts, Hanbin had smiled to him, laughed with him and actually seemed like a friend to him. Although Jinhwan was surprised, he was happy. Finally they didn’t have to be distant from each other in school either.

“Hanbin-ah, will yo-“ Jinhwan began but was cut off when suddenly a figure popped in between him and Hanbin. Jinhwan looked confused until he saw whom it was.

"Hanbin hyung, walk with me to class,” he said trying to make his voice cute, but in Jinhwan’s opinion, he failed miserably.

Hanbin looked at Jinhwan in despair and Jinhwan just nodded his head as a sign for Hanbin to go with Chanwoo. As they had chosen to not tell anyone about their relationship, they were really certain of not telling Chanwoo, as Chanwoo could easily tell Hanbin’s father about it, and they would be over. Hanbin had told Jinhwan that it was crazy of him to think that Chanwoo would do such things, but Jinhwan was certain that Chanwoo capable to do so. He didn’t trust that kid at all.  Hanbin then looked at Chanwoo and sighed a “lets go,” leaving Jinhwan behind.

Junhwe, who had observed this, knew exactly what to do.

 

The cafeteria was as usual, filled with young people chatting, laughing, pranking and of course eating. Most of them were focused on their own things, but as Jinhwan came further inn in the cafeteria, he could feel that little by little everyone turned their heads towards him, and paid fully attention to the petite boy who was walking with the schools most loved and feared people. Jinhwan noticed all the looks, all the whispered and some even pointed, making him highly uncomfortable. Glanced across the room, Jinhwan had not completely deciding where to look, as there were judging eyes everywhere, looking at this weird phenomena. Jinhwan understood it was weird; after all, this gang had bullied him since they began in high school, and now suddenly he is waking among them as if they had been friends forever, yet it felt very uncomfortable. Hanbin looked over his shoulder and noticed how nervous Jinhwan was. Without making it obvious, Hanbin walked a little behind him and walked beside Jinhwan. He leaned a bit closer to Jinhwan and whispered, “don’t worry, they’re not used to it, but it’ll be fine.” His words were so soft and calming, making Jinhwan’s heart that had beaten faster than usual, slow its pace, as he calmed down.

Hanbin caught Yunhyeong in his eyesight and hinted Jinhwan to follow him. They sat down by the table with Yunhyeong and Donghyuk smiling at them. Jinhwan noticed Donghyuk’s slight sacredness and Jinhwan breathed out, as he wasn’t the only one who was afraid. After all, it’s their first time actually sitting with them. Jinhwan could still see there were looks and whispers, but Jinhwan finally decided to ignore it, as he would rather pay attention to the people he sat with. He looked at the fellow people around the table. As his eyes landed on Donghyuk who, even though was terrified, happily chatted with Yunhyeong, Jinhwan cringed. Not in a bad way, but it felt weird to see his best friend and Yunhyeong like that, Especially after the way they had discovered each other. Jinhwan smiled at the memory as his eyes wandered to the next person. At first he could only see the top of Hanbin’s head, as he was facing downwards, eating the noodles. They had decided to sit away from each other so they wouldn’t look suspicious either. Jinhwan began laughing as Hanbin slurped the noddle down, and looked at Jinhwan

As Hanbin was about to open his mouth to say something, Chanwoo came and sat down beside him, looking at him like Hanbin was the dearest and most precious thing he had ever see. Jinhwan shifted uncomfortably in his seat, as he felt uncomfortable by Chanwoo’s presence. Chanwoo linked arms with Hanbin and Hanbin glanced at Jinhwan in worry. Jinhwan faked a smile and brushed it off. He didn’t know what it was or why he did it, but he felt like Chanwoo knew there was something going on between them, making Jinhwan uneasy. All Jinhwan had to do was to not be much with Hanbin, and maybe Chanwoo wouldn’t suspect anything anymore.

“I believe we haven’t been introduced yet?” Jinhwan smiled at Chanwoo, leaning on the table.

Forgetting about Chanwoo’s clinginess, Hanbin lighten up and looked at Jinhwan. “Yeah that’s right, Jinhwan this is Jung Chanwoo, he’s new here.” Chanwoo smiled as Hanbin had just introduced him. “And this is Jinhwan, my…” he trailed off as both him and Jinhwan’s eyes widened. “My eh….” Hanbin looked desperate at Jinhwan for answer.

“Friend, yeah friend,” Jinhwan continued and Chanwoo’s smile died down. Jinhwan gulped as Chanwoo was staring intensely at him and Jinhwan felt threatened by the younger. As Chanwoo kept staring at Jinhwan, almost glaring if he wasn’t wrong, Jinhwan felt frustrated and didn’t know what to do. If Jinhwan didn’t know better, Chanwoo saw him as a rival.

Staring at Chanwoo, Jinhwan felt completely dumbfounded at Chanwoo’s glaring. After an intensely glare from Chanwoo, Jinhwan noticed two silhouettes standing beside him. Jinhwan was quick to look at his side, only to find a frowning Junhwe and a very confused Bobby standing with their trays of food.

“Yah B.I, Yunhyeong, what is this?” Bobby asked as he sat down beside Jinhwan, as the seat was the only free one since Junhwe sat on the other side of Jinhwan. Jinhwan felt a bit uncomfortable being surrounded by Hanbin’s friend like that. It felt somewhat threatening. “What are you doing hanging around with these nerds?” Bobby finished, as he looked weird at Hanbin.

“Kim Jiwon, just shut the up and eat your food,” was all Hanbin replied before he returned to the food, looking down. Jinhwan felt chills run down his spine over Hanbin’s sudden coldness. Sure Jinhwan had seen it before, but never in this way, and not towards his friends. Jinhwan gulped as he glanced at Bobby who had turned silent. Hanbin really was the leader of this group.

Jinhwan looked over at his best friend who seemed to have turned white in his face. Donghyuk was terrified, and anyone could sense that. Donghyuk shifted nervously gaze from Bobby to Chanwoo to B.I, and his face turned even whiter, if possible, as Junhwe sat down next to Jinhwan. What was he doing on this table with these people? He didn’t belong here? Donghyuk could’ve sworn they were looking at him in disbelief. As Donghyuk fought with himself whether to leave the table or nor, he got startled as he felt a hand gripping on to his under the table. He recognised the large hands immediately and looked at Yunhyeong. Yunhyeong smiled at Donghyuk and gave him a light squeeze to ensure that everything was fine, and Donghyuk didn’t have to worry at all.

 Jinhwan took a breath before turning to Bobby who was sitting beside him. “I suppose we haven’t talked before,” Jinhwan said in a friendly matter, earning a curious look from Bobby. Jinhwan looked at him, making his mouth a thin line and looked awkwardly around as Bobby only stared him up and down. Jinhwan swallowed, as he knew bobby was not into talking to him. “So eh…” Jinhwan began but was cut by Bobby’s sudden question, as bobby hadn’t heard him at all.

 “Yah B.I, where have you been these past weeks? Why haven’t you hung around us lately?” Bobby asked, making everyone pay attention towards him, before carefully look over at Hanbin. Jinhwan looked down at the table before he looked up at Hanbin as well.

As all eyes were on Hanbin, he immediately became shy as he felt like if he said one thing wrong, he would be slaughtered. “I-I’ve been studying with J-Jinhwan,” he stuttered as he looked away. 

“Hey dude! Studying? For real? I thought we were going to practise our rap more! You can’t leave me hanging like this! None of these idiots rap other than us,” bobby said as he referred to Yunhyeong and Junhwe as Bobby fake pouted and crossed his arms, making Hanbin roll his eyes at his stupid friend. 

As bobby nagged Hanbin about not coming to practise, Jinhwan came to realise that Hanbin had actually continued on the rap, as he had wanted. “You said you rap together?” Bobby heard as he looked down at Jinhwan beside him.

“Yea! And we’re pretty good! Well, we would be, if B.I came to practise! We rap along with Mino and Seunghoon from class B,” Bobby explained.

“Ah they rap as well?” Jinhwan asked amused, as he had seen them sometimes in the halls, but never dared to speak to them.

“Yeah! They are pretty awesome, but not as awesome as B.I!” Bobby exclaimed excited as he pointed his chopsticks at Hanbin and grinned like a fool, making Hanbin roll his eyes as he blushed.

“Oh really?” Jinhwan asked as looked at Hanbin and smiled. Remembering that time they studied together at the library and Hanbin had softly rapped while he focused, made Jinhwan smile even more. At that time Jinhwan could’ve melted at Hanbin’s rap. It wasn’t like those hardcore rapper who is on fire and makes you bounce up and down, but it was so pure, so soft and so sweet. Almost a bit romantic. He rapped something like you’re my type or something. Whatever it was, it was beautiful.

“Yes really,” Jinhwan heard the most annoying voice say as he looked at the source of the voice. “I’ve heard him, and he is sooo good!” Chanwoo smiled eagerly.

Bobby looked confused at Chanwoo before continuing to answer Jinhwan. “Yeah and even though you might be used to those underground rappers, Hanbin has a bit of a softer touch to it, even though it can be powerful as hell,” bobby said slurping the noodles, making Hanbin letting out a “yah!” and Jinhwan laugh.

“It’s so sweet and he had such natural flow to it,” Chanwoo added again. Junhwe eyed Bobby who eyes Hanbin who shrugged his shoulders.

“Hanbin-ah, that means you’re good in both eras!” Jinhwan exclaimed happy, making Hanbin’s cheeks painted with a soft red touch. “I will definitely go and listen to you once!” Jinhwan smiled. Hanbin’s lips formed a beautiful smile at Jinhwan’s words. More than anything, Hanbin wanted Jinhwan t appreciate what he did

“Well I’ve already heard him,” said Chanwoo as is he tried to sound better than Jinhwan, as he tighten his grip around Hanbin’s arm. “Right?” he asked looked up at Hanbin with puppy eyes.

“Yeah s-sure,” Hanbin answered a bit unsure. When on earth could he have heard him? Only when he is on the toilet, in the shower or walking around and does nothing, else he won’t open his mouth. He looked at Jinhwan who only smiled uncomfortably to him, making Hanbin’s guilt rise.

“You know Hanbin could be one of Koreas top selling rappers if it hadn’t been for you know… his father.” By the mention of his father, the table became quiet. Even Chanwoo.

The silence around the table were noticed by the other tables as well, as people kept stealing glances over at them. Junhwe mentally face palmed at the awkward silence as he looked at the different people. He then looked at Jinhwan and smirked as he got a good idea. “Jinhwan, not going to eat the food?” he asked, pointing at Jinhwan’s food as he slung an arm around Jinhwan, making Hanbin look at Junhwe. “Cause’ if not, I’ll eat it!” Junhwe said as he took a beef with his chopsticks.

“Yah Junhwe! I was about to eat it!” Jinhwan said, smacking him in the head, causing both of them to laugh, followed by Donghyuk and Yunhyeong and even Chanwoo. Bobby was slightly chuckling before he looked at his best friend who had a gloomy look towards the sweet duo, and turned serious. What was going on with him?

Chanwoo held an even firmer grip around Hanbin’s arm ad he noticed Hanbin was not laughing at all. Jinhwan glanced in a few second over at Hanbin, only to see Chanwoo’s arm. Jinhwan mentally rolled his eyes, as he was unable to anything about it.

While Hanbin was busy with glaring at Jinhwan and Junhwe while trying to be released form Chanwoo’s grip, Bobby watched silently and couldn’t help but chuckle. What on earth was his best friend trying to pull off?

Junhwe noticed the killing eyes, which were looking at directly at him, and he knew exactly why they looked at him. He looked devilishly at Hanbin. “B.I-ah,” making the ‘ah’ cute to annoy Hanbin. “Why do you only study with Jinhwan?” Hanbin looked at Junhwe confused. “Why can’t me an Bobby join in?” Junhwe teased, as he looked at Jinhwan whit a smirk playing around his lips. Hanbin thought of thousands ways to kill Junhwe in this right moment, as he was the most annoying little brat Hanbin had ever come across. “I mean, c’mon B.I, you can’t have Jinhwan all for yourself!” Junhwe faked a pout as he slung his arm around Jinhwan’s shoulders, forcing Jinhwan closer to him. Hanbin was on the verge to literally punch Junhwe’s pretty face until it wasn’t as pretty anymore, but stopped himself when he looked at Jinhwan’s confused face. Hanbin sighed as he knew he couldn’t do anything. After all, they weren’t an official couple, and he would only add suspicion if he were to do anything suspicious.

Hanbin rested his chin in his hand as he looked at Junhwe with a stone face. “Well if you need help with the homework, ask Bobby,” he said as he pointed at Bobby. “Despite his stupid face and bunny teeth, he is actually good in school,” Hanbin smirked earning a solid laughter from Yunhyeong.

“Come to think of Junhwe, how did your last test go?” Yunhyeong asked as he grinned at Junhwe, knowing it went quite bad.

“Shut your mouth,” Junhwe said as looked at his food. “Well if I can’t have Jinhwan privately tutor me, I’ll have him now!” Junhwe said, as he brought Jinhwan even closer and whispered something in Jinhwan’s ear, causing Jinhwan to blush like mad. Yunhyeong sighed as he knew what was going to happen, and nothing good for the recon.

“Y-yah!” he uttered in a stutter as Hanbin stood up from his chair. In the exact second, the school bell rang, saving Junhwe’s for this time.

“Lunch is over, now get the away from Jinhwan,” Hanbin said dangerously threatening.

Junhwe raised his arms in defence and looked sarcastically scared. “Wow there brother, someone needs to chill,” Junhwe smirked looking at Hanbin who glared back at him.

 

As people began to move towards the classroom, Jinhwan was moving towards the staircase, lead by Hanbin. Hanbin was furious, and you could smell that from afar, and Jinhwan knew exactly why he was furious, and that reason has a name. Goo Junhwe.

“Hanbin-ah,” Jinhwan said as Hanbin let go of his wrist with the back still facing him. “Hanbin, are you okay?” Jinhwan asked carefully, already knowing the answer.

Hanbin was fast to turn around, almost shocking the smaller. “Does it ing look like I’m okay? Junhwe was literally flirting with you right in front of me,” he said as he pointed at the direction of the classrooms.

Jinhwan swallowed his saliva, as he looked sad at Hanbin. “Y-you know we decided on not telling anyone, a-and I don’t think he would do that of he knew we we-“

“That the thing Jinhwan!” Hanbin cut him off, making Jinhwan close his eyes as the sudden cut startled him. Hanbin walked closer and held a firm grip around Jinhwan’s arms. “That’s the thing, he would do it even if he knew, he would probably do anything with you just to annoy me!” Hanbin said frustrated, looking down at his shoes. Jinhwan didn’t know what to say, as he didn’t know Junhwe like Hanbin knew him. There was a silence that caught them, as the pair had no idea what to say next.

Jinhwan inhaled before looking at Hanbin. It was still weird for Jinhwan to think that Hanbin was jealous over him. It was still weird that they were even together, and Jinhwan still hadn’t proceed it fully, but he enjoyed every second of it. “Hanbin,” Jinhwan said softly, cupping Hanbin’s cheeks, making Hanbin look at him. “Don’t worry, he’s only teasing, but don’t let that get to you,” Jinhwan smiled. “The teasing he does, it doesn’t change the fact that you’re the one I like,” he smiled unsure. Truth speaking, this was what Jinhwan felt. He couldn’t even notice Junhwe as Hanbin had been sitting across of him at the table. Hanbin had always been on his mind, and there weren’t a single time he hadn’t been on his mind. Rather, Jinhwan felt bad for forgetting the others, even his best friend. But Hanbin was really all Jinhwan had and needed.

Hanbin looked Jinhwan in the eye with a sad gaze. Why had he been this jealous when all this time, Jinhwan hadn’t cared at all? Why should he bothered when Jinhwan only do think of him. Hanbin smiled weakly as he realised that Junhwe was nothing like an obstacle. Hanbin leaned forwards, closer to the beauty in front of him. “Thank you Jinhwan,” he whispered as he placed his lips onto the smallers.

Jinhwan were fast to catch up with the kiss and closed his eyes as they moved their lips in sync. Hanbin let go or Jinhwan’s arms and slowly slung them around his waist, bringing him closer to him, as close as he could possibly get him. Jinhwan, who had his hands on his cheeks, slowly moved his hands around his neck as Hanbin became more aggressive in the kiss, biting Jinhwan’s under lip. That caused Jinhwan to open his mouth in pain, and Hanbin easily slipped his tongue in. Jinhwan began chuckling into the kiss and they broke apart, as Hanbin looked at him confused, but it didn’t take Hanbin long before he began laughing as well.

 

“What did he say to you?” Hanbin asked, frowning at the smaller.

Jinhwan frowned at Hanbin as he asked, “tell me what?”

“When you began blushing like mad,” Hanbin said as he definitely was curious what that idiot could’ve said to him.

Jinhwan took a time to recall, before he finally understood what Hanbin was talking about. “Ohh that,” Jinhwan said teasing, making Hanbin look him straight in the eyes.

“Jinhwan,” Hanbin said, dragging the ‘a’, making him sound a hint of threatening.

Jinhwan rolled his eyes while giggling. “He only said that you were definitely jealous now,” Jinhwan said smirking. “Don’t worry big guy!” he said as he walked pass Hanbin, patting his chest.

Hanbin looked at the smaller who walked away from in this way. Had Jinhwan just now? Two can play that game. “Well you were blushing pretty bad,” Hanbin said, resting his hands in his pocket, making Jinhwan turn around red as a tomato.

 “Yah! Hanbin-ah!” Jinhwan said in frustration as Hanbin walked past him this time. Jinhwan rolled his eyes as he smiled. He walked up to Hanbin and liked arms with him as they walked to the next class smiling and laughing, not noticing Chanwoo stepping out from behind the wall with his palm clenched. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hello guys! 

okay so here's the story from a to z

okay sorry but heres the real thing, I'll be leaving for holiday next week, and I wont have any Wifi (how and why??) anyway so I won't have to update :( (I'm actaully pretty sad about it!). But I'm already writing the next chapter (tho I won't upload it before I leave) 

What I will request from you is to wait for me! I really love each one of you who read and to those who comment: your comments literally makes my day and I almost cry in happiness you're all so sweet and thank you for supporting! So i'll be back in the beginning of August! please wait for me until that time! I love you all <3 

dont forget to tell me what you think of the chapter! <3