Little More Push

WANTED: Daddy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m Byun Baekhyun, Iseul’s neighbor. Remember?”

Wow! Finally, I actually finished a whole sentence. I offer my hand out for a more Western greeting and Hana stares at it for a while before accepting it. I try my best not to shudder when I felt her hand touch mine. It was rough but knowing it was hers, my mind was forcing me to think she had a soft hand.

She’s a hard-worker.

A big turn on.

“You pretty much know who this woman’s husband is, right? Aren’t you scared to die for going with her?” Hana speaks and I feel my heart flutter as she opened our first topic of conversation. Perhaps. . . she was just really not in the mood that day. She looked all rebellious back then but now I could actually see her femininity but at the same time, she still looks fierce. “Yah, you silly. Kyungsoo wouldn’t mind. We just happened to bump into each other while we were going out of our houses. So he initiated to drive me to the park and then here.” Iseul explains for me.

Damn, I wanted to answer her, Iseul.

How could you take my chance. . .

Then Iseul speaks again. “And since he’s also planning to go to the mall to buy his da—“ I unknowingly held on Iseul’s wrist fearing of the sentence she was about to let out. No. . . not now. At least not now. She glances at me and so I let go of her wrist right away but I gave her that meaningful look. Fortunately, she was open-minded enough to get what I was trying to signal her. “He’s out to shop for his house so yeah why not help, it’s just a win-win situation.” She rephrased herself while giving a nod.

“Well anyway, Yohan’s awake now. Let me take care of him.” Hana coolly smirks as she glances ta Iseul before taking Yohan out of the stroller. Carrying the toddler up, she walked to a certain direction to the infant haircut section. Once I was alone in the corner with Iseul, she tugs me on the arm with force.

“You know why women leave you right after knowing your kid? It’s because you hide it first. You technically give them false hopes.” She hisses. I roll my eyes as I couldn’t understand why she’s scolding me right now. She doesn’t understand me at all. “Iseul, women would never choose to go for a single-father on the first date that’s why I never tried admitting it right away, I wanted to know them first. And worse? Hana and I aren’t even on that stage.” I explain softly while glancing at Hana’s direction far from us.

“How could you assume right away? What if you’re wrong?” She asks back. Seriously, is she really this persistent? It’s like she’s the type of person who wouldn’t stop until she extracts something out from your system.

I turn my body completely face her before answering.

“I don’t want to be rude but I would like you to back off from my personal life. You don’t know me yet nor understand me, Iseul. I choose women not only for me, but for my daughter. Do you know how hard it is every single time? There’s pressure every time I meet women because I don’t just meet them for my own satisfaction.” I explain which finally left her silent.

“Sorry. . .” She looks away. “I’m not mad. I’m just. . . fine, it’s obvious that I’m quite interested in your friend. But I don’t just shove myself into them like people would most likely do. She might have gotten my attention faster than others but it doesn’t mean I would get hers the same. And so let me at least get her to notice me before telling her my package deal. That’s how I do it, Iseul. Please understand.” I softly mutter and Iseul gave me that sympathetic smile before nodding.

“Fine. I’m sorry, I’m just really happy to know someone looks at my friend like how you do. She never knows but she deserves it.” Iseul hushes and looks at Hana’s direction with a solemn smile. What she said made me smile as I look at that beautiful woman as well. She was professionally talking to some people, perhaps her stylists, while the others were placing Yohan in a toy car haircut-seat for children.

“How many has she dated?” I ask out of curiosity. Iseul lets out a small chuckle. “Since high school, a lot has asked her out, made a move on her and some even ually disrespected her. But she never had a boyfriend until twenty-six.” Iseul answers and I was quite shocked of that information. “You mean. . . that Hanbin guy she mentioned before was her first?” I ask.

Iseul gives me a sharp look and smirk. “You have a good memory huh~ well technically, you can say that. She has had puppy loves back in high school but of course they were all one-sided. Then as she grows old, she would tell us she dates occasionally but never really made it for real, like the real relationships. You’re right, this Hanbin guy’s her first boyfriend.” She answers. “It’s quite funny that she was hurt once. Got hurt by only one guy, but she already thinks all men are like that. She’s such a boiled egg.” Iseul said. I tilt my head in confusion and gave her a skeptical look.

“I mean. . . tough shell on the outside but soft meat in the inside.” She explains immediately and my lips parted as realization hit me.

“The guy’s quite a jerk. Breaking up with her just because he got tired. It’s not logical enough.” I answer. Iseul heaves a sigh and gives me that meaningful look but I didn’t get it. “What?” I mutter and glance at Hana again. “She was lying when she said that was the only reason.” Iseul answers. “Huh? W-what—do you mean?” I ask.

But she didn’t answer anymore and just shakes her head.

Then what’s the other reason?

I turn my head to watch Hana’s every move. She had a smile as she wraps a cloth around Yohan’s small body. Iseul gave me a light pat on the arm signaling me that she would go to her son first and so I simply nodded. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter