Cringe-worthy

WANTED: Daddy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Daddy!”

As soon as I enter my daughter’s bedroom, her loud cries entered my ear. She was lying down the bed, her face was very red and tear-stained. I quickly rush to her side and crawl to the bed. “Appa’s here, don’t cry.” I pull her close to me as I tuck myself under the blanket as well. I already saw a basin and water by the side table, Nanny Lim must have sponge bathed her already. Gaeul grips on me tightly and I could feel her warm body all over me, she was still crying hard, her lips were parted as she looks up to me.

“Daddy, I feel very sick. . .” She cries hard while shaking her head. My eyebrows curled as I close my eyes. I didn’t stop rubbing her back. “No, it’s alright. Don’t cry now, it will make you sicker, okay? Stop crying.” I mutter and I try to relax although I was panicking inside. She really minds whenever she feels something in her body, she doesn’t like the discomfort during these times. I look down to her and wiped the non-stop tears streaming down her cheeks. I flick my tongue as my hand touches her hot face.

Luckily, she didn’t speak anymore and just cried, but more calmly this time.

She just hugged me tightly while burying her face on my chest. I glance at Nanny Lim who was standing by the door of the bedroom. I give her a nod before signaling her to turn the lights off. She bows before following the instructions then left. “Daddy, sick. . . I feel very weak, am I going to die?” I hear Gaeul softly muffles on my chest so I start rubbing her back again. I shake my head as my arm that was wrapped around her lifts up and I reach for my temples to give it a light massage.

“No, of course not. . . rest, baby.” I mutter and my voice came out shaky. “I w-want to see mommy. . .” I then hear her mutter and that made me frown hard. “Gaeul, I said rest.” I speak more firmly this time and she starts whimpering more on her cry. “My classmates are teasing me. . . they said my mommy left me because I’m an alien and I look ugly.” She starts muttering and I eagerly shook my head and start feeling tears forming in my eyes. “I want my mommy. . .” I cry without a sound as I listen to her words.

It’s not like I can do something.

“Daddy, please. . . I want mommy.” She continues and I already had the back of my palm over my eyes as I cry silently. “Just rest, don’t think about it. They’re just teasing you.” I mutter, I try my best not to sound like I was crying. I clear my throat and bury my lips onto the crown of her hair. “But Daddy, I want mommy. . . if going up to heaven will make me see Mommy, I want to go th—“Abigail, I said sleep!” I pull away from the hug and yell at her.

Gaeul showed me a much more scared face and her lips tremendously quivered. I held on her shoulders then pointed a finger on her face. “Don’t you ever say that again. All right?? M-mommy. . . Mommy’s dead, you know that. You want to leave me??” I ask and now let her see me crying out of anger. She shakes her head while crying had. I lie down, my back flat on the bed this time as I put a hand over my eyes.

“Daddy. . .” I hear her scared tone and feel her move close. As soon as I feel her arms wrap around my waist, I start sobbing. “You scared Daddy. . . don’t talk like that again, okay?” I say more calmly this time and turn my body sideways again to hug her. “You’re not an alien and you’re definitely not ugly. Don’t listen to those kids, they’re just jealous of you. All right?” I speak and she gave me a nod before placing her face on my chest again.

I close my eyes as I let the remaining tears trickling down my face. “You d-don’t have to go to heaven to see Mommy. . . She’s always here with us, she always watches you and Daddy. And she loves you very much.” I explain while patting her hip now. “So now, sleep and so you will get better right away.” I ended and she finally gave me a nod.

And fortunately I was able to put her to sleep,

Along with me.

 

_ _ _

 

I was awake by a bright light striking through my eyelids. I open my eyes a bit and realize the door opened. It was Nanny Lim. “Sir? Is she better?” Her voice woke me up completely and turn to my side, Gaeul wasn’t hugging me anymore but was still beside me tucked under the comforter. I reach to her forehead and she still has  fever but just a light one now. I sigh in relief. “Just a light fever. Sponge bath her again later when she wakes up.” I mutter softly and Nanny Lim nodded.

“Sir how about dinner? She wasn’t able to eat lunch earlier. It’s already seven, would she eat porridge, she doesn’t like it.” Nanny Lim’s words made me shot up from the bed as I glance at my wrist watch.

, it’s really seven now.

I cuss under my breath while running my fingers through my hair to fix it a bit. I get off the bed quickly. “Sir, are you going to leave?” Nanny Lim asks. I dab my hands flat on my button down shirt to fix the wrinkles on it. “I’ll just go to my girlfriend really fast. If Gaeul wakes up, tell her I’m going to go back as soon as I can. Alright?” I ask and Nanny Lim gives me a nod. I start rushing to the door until I heard my daughter’s voice.

I stop right before I could grab the knob and turn back to the bed. “Appa, where are you going?” She asks, her eyes darted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter