Symptoms

WANTED: Daddy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today we’re getting the tour package for Jeju. For the past days, Hana and Gaeul have been hanging out a lot and I can clearly say my daughter has gone attached to my girlfriend like a real mother. It’s such a beautiful thing for me. Every time I see them chit-chat and play or simply end up sleeping on the couch after the play, it makes my heart flutter.

Hana’s accepted Gaeul whole-heartedly like she’s ready to let this go further, like she would want to be her second mother.

With that being said, I’ve been loving her even more than I already do.

I ring the doorbell to my girlfriend’s apartment. I only had to do it twice and the door immediately opened. “Hi—woah~” My body was suddenly pulled in and not even realizing it, my lips have been captured for a passionate kiss. I snigger through it and pull away first while holding my girlfriend’s cheeks. “Why?~” I ask in between laughter but instead of answering, she only tiptoed and hugged me so tightly, her arms wrapped around my neck.

That’s when I lost my smile.

“W-why?” I ask again as I hesitantly hug her on the waist. She just stayed silent for a few more seconds, we hugged like that for over a minute. There is something wrong with her. The time when she finally pulls away, she grabs both of my hands and pull me to her living room. “Is there something wrong? Aren’t we going to buy the tour package yet?” I ask. She made me sit down on her couch and she flopped down the low center table just right in front of me. Our knees were touching.

“What’s wrong?” I ask. She looked down to our interlocked fingers, she was her thumb on the back of my palm. She looked so serious, she isn’t crying but I could see the sadness in her eyes. “B-baekhyun—I never wanted to do this but. . .” Our eyes then finally meet and hers were sparkling with tears but none actually trickled down her cheeks.

“Let’s break u-up.” Her voice cracked as she finished her sentence. My eyebrows lift a bit, my lips parted out of shock and confusion. She gathered our intertwined hands all together in a ball and she held me tightly like that. “I want to make this straight without any excuses. My parents don’t want me to continue on with you.” She speaks. I open my mouth to respond but I couldn’t find the right words to say. I haven’t even met her parents yet. She adjusts her body much closer to me and she pulls our hands up as she kissed mine. “I t-tried to explain, I promise.” She mutters, her eyes were closed.

“I wanted you to finally meet them so. . . I talked to them last week. I told them everything about you including Gaeul. Baekhyun. . . they said while it’s still early, I should break this off beca—“This doesn’t make sense. H-hana, please. . .” I finally found the right words and my voice was shaky right away. She only looks away but I pull one hand away from our hold and I grab her face to make her look again.

“Tell them I’m ready to meet them and I just nee—“Baekhyun, I told you I’ve tried it many times. For this whole week I’ve been going back and forth to them trying to fight for it but. . . they’re just very concerned of you having a daughter. They don’t want me to take such risky responsibility right away. They said it would be so unfair for me.” She explains. I eagerly shake my head as I lift our hands near my lips.

“No, it won’t be unfair—please don’t do this, Hana I can’t break up with you any—“Baekhyun this isn’t easy for me. I love you. But I love my parents too. Sorry but they had a point. Sooner or later we might realize what we really entered and it’s not the same with any other couples. I wa—“How could you still be controlled by your parents? You’re already old enough.” I croak out and my tears begin streaming down my cheeks.

I was too dumbfounded of everything she was saying right now.

“Why? Tell me. . . when Gaeul’s old enough, is she not your daughter anymore? Don’t they have the right to be concerned about me anymore because I’m already old?” She asks back and that’s when my hands pull away from hers. I lean on her couch but my eyes didn’t leave hers. She looked serious and strong-willed right now.

“So that’s just it?” I hush, my expression was blank but tears were uncontrollable. She isn’t even crying right now which hurts me even more. “We’ve only been dating for barely four months. . . don’t act like it’s a big waste.” She looks away with her firm expression. My eyes twitch at what she said and tears got even heavier, I could already feel the tingling sensation around my stomach, the pain her every word was giving me.

“Does time determine the level of feeling a person could give to another? What if I say I already love you so much? So much that e-every single day. . . I imagine you walking down the aisle to my direction? Every single day, I wish that you would be my wife. . . and the one who gave me second chance in life?“ I utter, my lips were quivering the whole time I was speaking. “You were just overwhelmed of the fact that Gaeul’s existence didn’t matter to me. You found that person you’ve always wondered if existing.” She finally stands up and walks toward her bedroom.

“I’m sorry if our trip has to be cancelled. Please apologize to Gaeul on behalf of me.” She tells but didn’t look at me anymore. She enters the room right away and that’s when I stood up and rush to her. “Hana, please. . .” I lean on her bedroom door while trying to turn the knob but it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter