Fight The Feeling

WANTED: Daddy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I hesitantly enter the staff’s office while hugging onto my backpack.

It’s my first day of work, folks!

Well, technically not yet, it’s actually my orientation but still, it’s considered as my first day too right? As soon as I step in, I already saw Mr. Cha and so I bowed and greeted right away. “Oh, hi Miss Hana~ You’re so exact on the time. Sir Byun isn’t here yet.” He speaks and leads me to the couch. I take a sit while looking around shyly. “I was a bit excited.” I mutter and grin like a kid.

Yes, indeed I was excited.

Excited to see the man I love.

Although I know I would only probably receive coldness from him throughout the day.

“Good for you, well anyway Sir is on his way he just drove his daughter to school. He already texted me.” He speaks and my heart skip a beat at the mention of his daughter, Gaeul. I wonder how’s the pretty doll-like kid now. I wouldn’t deny that I kind of want to see her too. We’ve made a bond in a past as well, so I also missed her.

“Well let’s first relax since the shop isn’t opening yet anyway.” He sits down his chair on the table again in a more comfortable way. “Miss Hana, not that I’m trying to in to your personal life but. . . I kind of overheard Sir Byun and Sir Song talking last night about you. Sir Byun said you were his—“Ex-girlfriend. Yes.” I answer for him so he couldn’t feel hesitant anymore.

“Oh. . . okay, now it’s clear.” He utters while chuckling. “So Hanyul ssi. . . knows already?” I ask and he gives me a nod. “When Sir Byun told him, perhaps.” Mr. Cha tells. “Hopefully, you two can work together professionally right? No personal stuffs involved? Could you really do it?” He asks in concern. I gave a confident nod. “Don’t worry, I can.” I answer and gave him two thumbs up.

 

Not long after, Baekhyun arrived.

But he wasn’t alone. He was with Gaeul. Oh my goodness, how lucky could I be? Just when I wished to see her. She wasn’t wearing a uniform though, she was wearing a fairy costume. Baekhyun on the other hand looked in a rush, his hair was barely fixed, his tie wasn’t properly done and he was only wearing his button down shirt. “Sir?” Mr. Cha stands up. Baekhyun rushed to another table at corner while dragging Gaeul along.

Gaeul. . . was looking at me.

She looked so much in surprise and joy.

“There’s a school program, wait—I just need to rush there a bit—Mr. Cha, where’s the tiny thingy ribbon I left here in my drawer? It’s the pass to the program, where is it??” He asks and he looked so. . . late? “Appa. . .” Gaeul was tugging on him excitedly while pointing at me open-heartedly. “Wait, sweetie.” Baekhyun was too busy to even look at me right now.

And that’s when Gaeul pulled away from his hold and suddenly ran to me.

I was surprised when she jumped onto me for a tight hug.

I did not expect this at all. For all I know, she could have hated me as well. “Unni, I missed you!” She exclaims and I notice her Korean sounds so much better now. With what the kid said, I see Baekhyun finally stopping from what he was doing and turned to me. “Unni~ when did you get done with work far away?” Gaeul pulls away just enough to look down to me with her big grin. “W-work?” I ask and I automatically look at Baekhyun who’s apparently avoiding my eyes now.

“Ne. Work in the States. I really missed you unni~” She chants and hugs me again. I shoot an interrogating look at Baekhyun, widening my eyes at him but he just folded his arms while maintaining a straight face. Mr. Cha on the other hand took the initiative to find the thing Baekhyun was searching for. “W-who told you about uhm. . . m-my work in the States?” I ask while constantly glancing at Baekhyun.

“Appa~ Unni, thank you for your gift on my birthday last year and also your letter~ I still keep it in my room, I glued it on my wall.” She enthusiastically speak and I was bewildered by what the kid was saying. I stand up and put her down. “Wait a sec, Gaeul. I forgot to tell your Appa something. Could you wait here for a while?” I ask. The little fairy of the day eagerly nodded and sat on the couch. The moment I turn to Baekhyun, he starts rushing out of the office but I chase him out. “Yah—yah, where do you think you’re going—I need to ask—yah!”I caught him by the arm and pushed him towards an open room, the stock room.

“Let go of me, I’m busy.” He hisses back and tried to escape but I closed the door behind me and blocked it. “You didn’t tell her, did you?” I ask and fold my arms. He maintained a straight face, his eyes looking somewhere else still and his arms were folded. “Baekhyun, answer me.” I ask firmly. I hitch of air escapes my mouth as I compose myself much calmer. “Baekhyun, what did you do.” I mutter softly this time.

That’s when his face changed, but was still turning away.

“I didn’t want to hurt her.” He answers. “But Baekhyun, you lied to the kid, what do yo—“I chose to hurt alone in those t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter