Understanding

WANTED: Daddy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knocking thrice, I hesitantly turn the door knob open. “Yah, after knocking you should wait for the humans inside to regard your presence before opening the door so don’t you open—When will you ever listen to me.” The man behind me, Kyungsoo scolds as I push the door open while purposely giving him a winning grin that I know will annoy him.

I step in first and peeked in, it’s actually the bride, Soomi’s waiting area and apparently, both Iseul and my love Hana are there. Unfortunately, Gaeul couldn’t come along because she has school. If only the wedding isn’t at day time. I smile wider as soon as I meet eyes with Hana and the other girls, especially the queen of the night, Soomi.

But whatever, Hana’s the most beautiful in my eyes.

But let me appreciate Han Iseul too because apparently I have a little penguin beside me right now who had his eyes bulging open as he stares at his wife so yeah, cute and preggy Iseul also looked very pretty on her dress.

“Go get her, little pengu who’s even more little now because Iseul’s wearing heels~” I nudge Kyungsoo and he gave me his most devilish glare and like a kid having a tantrum he pushes my body with both hands and I just laugh as I stumble a bit. Yeah, you can say we’re close now—it is unlikely as you can see—but we are close friends now, I swear. “Aish, these silly boys.” Hana speaks while giving me a cute side glare.

I push Kyungsoo back with the same force and he was about to attack again when Iseul rushes to us. “Okay okay~ time out. We’re cool~ Baekhyun’s just kidding, honey don’t take it to heart.” Iseul wrapped her arms around Kyungsoo’s waist pulling him away from me. I just stuck my tongue out at him before walking to my girlfriend. As I reach Hana’a side, she gave me a light hit on the arm while shaking her head, but she was chuckling. No hard feelings, I was just teasing Kyungsoo. I turn to Soomi and smiled at her.

“Congratulations.” I reach my hand to her and we did a formal hand shake with two hands. “Thanks~ anyway have you gone to Jaejin’s waiting room?” She asks afterwards. “Is it mandatory? Could we pass over that?” Kyungsoo asks and got a hit from Iseul. Aigoo this guy, until now he doesn’t like the Jaejin guy. Well. . . in all honesty, me too. I just don’t find the guy trust-worthy but of course who we are to judge. He might just look like an but maybe he loves Soomi.

“He’s a little grumpy. Sorry. He had morning sickness earlier and threw up.” Iseul explains and I could already see Kyungsoo glaring at his own wife. “I told you, it made sense don’t make me a of all the jokes here.” The guy explains and turns to us. “I can explain this phenomenon scientifically and none of you would find it weird if I am getting the preg—“We understand, fine. Shut up.” Hana scoffs.

“Anyway, Soomi-yah, we should get out first okay?” Iseul skips to the couch at one corner and took little Yohan who was quietly sitting there. Oh, I didn’t even notice his presence at how quiet he was. The couple gave their final greeting to Soomi before walking out first. Now it’s me and Hana. “Maybe I’ll just accompany Baekhyun to formally congratulate Jaejin, okay?” Hana speaks and I could see the uncertainty in Soomi’s face.

“Uhm. . . maybe let’s just forget it. It’s okay.” Soomi answers. “Oh, Soomi don’t worry. I’m sure Kyungsoo didn’t really mean what he said. Don’t think we don’t approve of Jaejin. We wil—“It’s not that.” Soomi cuts me off while glancing at Hana. “To be honest. . .” The woman looked away and made a blowfish. “Jaejin and I argued about this but. . . he invited Hanbin.” She finishes her sentence.

Right then and then, my vision grew dark.

Why can’t he just stay and rot in jail?

Why can’t he be sentenced to forever in jail?

And worse, knowing Hana would be here how can he have the guts to actually come?

I glance at Hana right away but she remained calm. “It’s alright. They’re friends, we can’t avoid that.” She answers and gave Soomi’s arm a light press. She said a few more things to Soomi but I couldn’t hear anything anymore. I was at my own little anger world just by the mention of such name.

I didn’t even notice Hana already dragged me out.

“Where’s Jaejin’s waiting room.” I ask and my blood starts boiling just by the thought of meeting the guy personally now and maybe punch the hell out of him. “Baekhyun, no.” Hana tells and grabs my hand. “No, I need to talk to hi—“I said no. Don’t create a fuss and ruin my best friend’s wedding. Alright?” She tells me and gave me that serious scolding look. “Fuss? That tard has the guts to go here and you’re here. What does he—“Baekhyun, you don’t even know him. And you’ll meet him for the first time and what? Beat him to death? Does that prove you’re better? Does that take what happened back?” She asks.

My head starts hurting.

I only want to take a little revenge for her.

Can’t I do that?

“He might have gone overboard that time. He might have tried to me, indeed. But he’s not the most awful person for you to get angry like he killed a thousand. Alright? This is childish. Let’s not ruin my friend’s wedding, please.” She tells. “So you’re defending him.” I ask and my voice came out rather deep and hesitant. I pull my hand away as I look at her every expression. She looks away while rolling her eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter