Regret

WANTED: Daddy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wait. . . So—uhm. . . we do the interview in the stock room?”

I look at the two guys in front of me right now. The store’s manager, Mr. Cha and none other than Byun Baekhyun, the owner. Which by the way is still so shocking to me up until now. I’m still in a slight daze seeing him after a year. “Sir, why are we here— “ Mr. Cha tried asking as well but stopped when Baekhyun gave him a defiant look. “Ever since that stupid employee broke one expensive product the other day, I’ve decided to interview the new applicants this way. I don’t need thoughtless words.” He turns to me still with that cold stare.

“I need useful actions.” He finishes his sentence and leans on the wall. “S-so uh. . . What do you want me to do?” I ask. My heart was trembling right now but I try to control myself and to be very honest with you guys, his aura terrifies me or maybe it’s just my guilt that terrifies me at the moment. “Before I torture you—“Sir?” Mr. Cha asks in surprise. Baekhyun gave him a look. “Oh, I think my tongue slipped. That was very rude of me to imply the interview in such way. I’m sorry.” He answers and looked at me with his lifted brows.

I clench on my fists, I don’t know why but he was slowly taking my remaining strength and patience right now. He then looks down to my resume in a folder. “So Miss Shin Hana. Thirty one years old—too old. Had a degree in Business Administration—cheap, then a vocational in Styling and Hairdressing—pfft, have a b—“Yah!” I couldn’t help and burst at him. He looks up with his raised eyebrow. “Alright, I haven’t accepted you but you’re fired.” He gives my resume back to Mr. Cha and turns to the door to leave.

“H-hey, I’m sorry. . .” I went back to my senses and apologized. I look at his back figure and gulp. “Please, I need a job.” I mutter. He turns around again but didn’t look at me. He walks back to Mr. Cha and snatched the folder. “It says here you have an experience with business, you have a salon so why are you—“HAD a salon.” I correct him. He was silent for a while, his eyes moved to the left, in space.

Please tell me he’s concerned.

“Well. . .” He clears his throat and gave me a brief look. Then realization hit me. “Wait, I didn’t state anything about my salon there.” I utter and couldn’t help but to chuckle. I could see Mr. Cha looking from me to him. “Do you know each other, Sir?” The older guy asks.

“No.”

“Yes.”

Our answers were different. What the hell? Did he just say no? He then turned to Mr. Cha and handed him back the folder. “Give her twenty minutes to carry all of those boxes in the corner and put it in Stock room 2.” He tells and starts walking to the door. “S-sir, but why. The stock Room 2 are all rejects s—“Do as I say. Twenty minutes, if she fails ask her to leave.” He tells before completely walking out. I take in a few gulps as I receive such coldness from him.

I couldn’t even get angry. . .

I fairly deserve such treatment.

“Miss Hana. . . I’m really sorry, he never tried such method before. These boxes are. . . too big for you and they’re all heavy. Maybe we can try th—“No. I can do it.” I answer and start pulling my sleeves up. “Are you sure?” Mr. Cha asks in concern. “Don’t worry, I’m pretty strong.” I force myself to smile at the innocent ahjusshi, he shouldn’t be involved in this , he doesn’t know anything. “W-well. . . Alright.” He smiles back before walking to the door. “The Stock room Sir Byun was talking about is just next door. Don’t be shy to call me if you need anything.” He tells before walking out for a while.

He left the door open.

I could see Baekhyun walking around the store like he was observing the staffs.

I never knew he changed paths too. I wonder if he’s still taking pictures and food blogging. . .

Setting that aside, I walk to the very corner to start there. “Cables.” I read the first box’s label. “Oh maybe TV cables? This would be light.” I mutter and scoot my body lower. I put both of my hands on the box’s edges. “One, two three—hmpph!” I try to exert much power but then I could lift it up. “Ahh, you’re later.” I stand up straight again while pointing at the heavy box. I walk to a different corner where there were smaller boxes.

I try to left one and damn, they were heavy as well but fortunately this time, I was able to carry it.

My knees were bended as I carry the first box out of the room. I could see Baekhyun meters away from me. He was leaning by a counter, had his arms folded and his eyes were right at my direction. I could also see a tinge of victory smirk on his lips. To fight back to him with the best bullet I have, I pucker my lips and did a cutesy smooch action even letting out the ‘muah~’ sound.

His lips curve down immediately and glared. I just ignore him and walk straight into the stock room. Just as I was about to kick the door open, it already did. Two men welcomed my sight. I think they were the workers too in the indoor department or something. “Oh—let me help you there.” One guy said and the two of them starts getting the box until, “She doesn’t need help, get back to your works.” I flinch in shock when I heard Baekhyun’s firm voice.

The two guys looked at me in concern. “He’s right. But thanks for the concern.” I smile sweetly at the two guys. They opened the door for me instead and I step into the room right away. “Thanks~” I coo softly at them before glancing at Baekhyun. He had so much disgust in his face which made me smirk back.

I might be acting cool right now but looking back into his eyes that are full of dislike, it stabs my heart deeply.

 

So cutting this off much shorter, I was able to transfer five small but heavy boxes into the other sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter