Next Day

Supernaturals

Hellow! I'm sorry for the (very) late update. Midterms been a , and I'm finaly free! With that away, I had more time writing *throws confetti*! Buuut, exams are coming up *cleaning up confetti*T^T.

I will try to write as much as possible before I have to study, so please bear with me! Enough about me, enjoy the chapter!


Chapter 6: Next Day

“You’re abilities are awesome! Did you practice much to control them like that?” I ask them. By now we had settled down on the floor in the practice room. Don’t know why on the floor though.

“Everyone of us except Seokjin still struggles to control our powers. He’s been here the longest, so he got more experience. But yes, we practiced very much to control them properly, but we still have much to learn.” Hoseok says.

“I understand. How did you discover your powers?”

“For me, I created a tornado when I was two or three years old.” Jimin says.

“I created a flood when I was seven.” Taehyung says with a chuckle.

“Created a blackout around the entire city.”

“Started a forest fire.”

“Froze the water while I showered.”

“Fell and broke my leg, but fixed itself seconds later. What about you?”

“Created an earthquake.”

Every one of us did something on accident when we discovered our abilities. Especially Yoongi, did he really freeze the water while he showered?!

Suddenly a voice echoes through the practice room, and I can hear a woman’s voice.
“It’s 08:30pm, it’s time for your last meal for today. Please go to the canteen.” she says, and then she’s gone.

We stand up, and I follow the others to the canteen. Just like everything else, it’s white. Big (not to mention white) rectangular tables are placed in the centre, with eight chairs around it. Two counters on each wall opposite of each other are filled with delicious food, perfect for a night snack. Some of the guards and workers are assembled on one of the tables by the far end of the room, eating and talking together. 
“Hey, you coming?” Seokjin ask me. I look at him, and he is the only one standing waiting for me while the others are already picking out their food by the counter. I follow him and begin to pick out my own food.

 

When we were done eating, we decided to call it a night because Namjoon told us we are going to train tomorrow. They were also pretty excited to see me using my ability. Can’t say the same for myself though. I’m afraid I’m going to hurt someone if I lose control, but then again, that’s why I am here in the first place. And if I lose control, then they can just use their own ability to stop it, right? 
It seems like I’m sharing room with Taehyung, Namjoon and Seokjin are sharing, while Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin are sharing one. Jimin told me on the way that Hoseok, Yoongi and his room were a little bit bigger than the rest of us since there were three sharing a room. I understand that, three guys sharing a room in the size of ours could be a bit tight.
As we reach our room, which are right next to each other, we say goodnight. I plummet down on my bed, and Taehyung does the same. I stare at the ceiling, and when I look towards my roommate, I can see his face buried in his pillow, and I let out a small laugh.

“Hey Taehyung?”

“Hmm?” he answers, his muffled voice in his pillow. Won’t he suffocate if he stays like that any longer?

“Why did Yoongi want to kill Jimin earlier?”

“Oh, that.” he begins as he lifts himself up. “Jimin were practicing how to extend the length of his wind blade across the room, but it went too far, and hit Yoongi who were asleep. He flew like that doll you saw earlier, and hit the wall. He weren’t injured, only pissed off.”

“Why did he sleep? Weren’t he supposed to train?” I ask curiously.

“Even though it doesn’t look like it, Yoongi is very good with his ability. He may be the best if we exclude Seokjin. If I remember correctly, he also said something about “having to much swag to practice”.
I still don’t understand why he said that though.” Taehyung says while shaking his head. 

“How long have you guys been here?”

“As you heard earlier, Seokjin has been here the longest. Maybe six months now? Now when I think about it, one of us came one month after the other. I came last month, and Hoseok came the month before that.”

I only look at him, not knowing what to say. It’s amazing how much they train to control their abilities. When Taehyung understands he doesn’t get any reply from me, he plummet down again his head in his pillow, this time facing the ceiling.

“Enough questions for now, let’s sleep. Before you came, and all that with Jimin and Yoongi, we were training really hard. I’m busted, goodnight.”

“Yeah, goodnight.” was all I could say, and I can hear light snoring coming from the other side. How can he fall asleep so fast?

 

“Alright listen up! I guess you have shown Jungkook your abilities right? Good, then we can move on!”

We look at each other in question. After we had our breakfast in the canteen, we were supposed to meet our ‘teacher’ in the training room. Who would've known our teacher were none other than professor Khang? I thought he only were a professor, hence the ‘professor’ title! He looks completely different now. Instead of his big nerdy lab coat and big glasses, he wears white pants, white turtleneck shirt and a black jacket over. Does he even know he just answered his own question? Before we had time to answer, he began to set up some sort of field. The field is big, and contains small areas fit for each of our own ability.

“Namjoon, you first. Let’s see if you can conjure up that firewall we talked about. Just make sure it isn’t to wide so it’s gonna burn the ceiling like last time.”

Last time? I look up, and I haven’t noticed until professor Khang mentioned it. A black horizontal  scorch line marks it’s way to a great length in the ceiling. 
Namjoon nods and steps in a small area with normal ground and a little bit of grass spread out everywhere. He closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath. Spreading his arms, a thick horizontal firewall appears! It grows taller and taller, until it’s a little bit taller than Namjoon. It looks like he isn’t affected by the temperature that increased in a blink of an eye though, while professor Khang and the rest of us are visibly sweating right now. 

After a few minutes, Namjoon puts the firewall out. He is sweating and panting, but not because of the heat, but exhaustion I think.

“Very good Namjoon, but you have to hold that firewall a little longer. That’s what I expect, so keep practicing. Okay next!”

Next is Jimin who showed us the wind blade Taehyung mentioned earlier. The blade cut through the room and it was perfect, earning a small applause from us. Yoongi threw some ice balls made out of water (with help from Taehyung) towards a practice doll which exploded from the impact. Professor Khang said it was perfect, only he had to practice conjuring them up by himself. Taehyung and Hoseok had practiced on a combo since water and electricity goes well together. They said that if the move they had practiced on went well, it would be of great use in the future, both offense and defense.
Since Seokjin can control his ability, he was tasked to help the others instead. They did some pretty amazing things, but I could see they struggled at some areas in their technique.
“Alright Jungkook, you’re next! Show us what you’ve got. Do your best, but no stress, right?” Professor Khang says to me.

Yeah right, no stress. I walk forward and I can feel the eyes watching me curiously like an eagle. Guess it’s my turn, I suppose.


And the chapter is done! Sorry if it was a boring chapter. I'm currently writing on the next one, but I don't know exactly when it will be up. I can't promise anything, sorry!

Don't be a silent reader! Write in the comment section below what you think. What do I have to edit? Is the pace to slow, to fast? I want to knooow! Then I can improve myself in writing:-D!

Until then, see ya next time<3!