A Step Further

Supernaturals

Hello! Sorry for the long wait! Don't really have an exuse. Summer vacation started, and I got a little bit too relaxed, that I forgot the story a few moments-_-'.
I had this planned out though, but I didn't know how to write it so it would look, I don't know, proper?

Anyway! Enjoy the chapter, and thank you for 51 subs^^!!


Chapter 10: A Step Further

“Give me a little bit more time, and I can assure you, they’ll be ready.”

“Good. I’m depending on you. We have to do this as fast as possible."

 

Three months later

 

Dodge, attack, dodge again, attack, miss, lose. I lay on the floor, trying to catch my breath as my fight with Namjoon has ended. Namjoon won our fight, but I was not far from taking him down.
Only if he hadn’t used his gigantic fireball, then I’ve would have the upper hand. Of course he has been training longer than me, but my control over my abilities has been raising to the top!
All of us! It’s like we’re professionals now. The three months have been filled with a lots of training and hard practice. Thanks to that, we are handling this much better!
Well some of us were done earlier with practice, and could decide between either help the others (me included), or try to expand their abilities. 

Seokjin and Namjoon decided to help Jimin and I with our abilities. Taehyung and Hoseok wanted to train their so called awesome combo by themselves.
They said they had a lot to catch up on, since the had to put their combo on hold because of Taehyung’s handicapped state. Yoongi wanted to do both. Help others while helping himself. 

I raise myself to a sitting position as I see Seokjin coming towards me with a water bottle in hand.

“Good job on today’s fight, but you have a bit practice left if you want to beat Namjoon.” Seokjin says, giving me the water bottle.

I nod, gesturing a thanks and takes the bottle. I gulp down the water greedily as if I haven’t had water in ages. Seokjin sits down beside me, and we watch the others in action.
Jimin and Yoongi are in a battle, and I can see Jimin struggling a bit. Taehyung and Hoseok are almost equal, so it’s hard seeing who’s going to win.
As I turn my head a little bit to the left, I can see a dead Namjoon. I can’t help myself but let out a snort, and Seokjin looks at me curiously, before turning his head in the direction I’m looking.
He too lets out a chuckle, and stands up.

“I think I should go over to him, to make sure he’s alive. See you later.” he says. 

“Yeah see you later.”

 

When all of us was finished, we decided to head to the canteen to get something to eat. This time, the canteen is empty, which is very rare. There’s always someone in here, weird. 

“How did your awesome combo turn out?” Jimin ask Taehyung and Hoseok.

They look at each other and grins widely before explaining at the same time. All we can hear from them is babbling, while they are making sound effects like “boom” and…  “sizzling”?
The rest of us only smile and nod, as if we can actually understand what they are saying. They are literally jumping in their seats. I think Yoongi has to freeze their butts to their chairs soon.

The doors open, and a woman version of professor Khang walks in. I swear, they could be twins! Her hair tied up in a tight bun, and her glasses loosely on her nose bridge.
Her face is strict, yet kind. She mustn’t be older than in her mid-twenties. She walks towards us with a wide grin plastered on her face, which makes me uncomfortable in a way. 

“I wanted to inform you that we have noticed you’ve progressed greatly on your abilities lately. Which is why we’ve decided to quit your training for now, as we see you ready to take it a step further.
Mr. Ryong wants you to meet him in room B214 tomorrow at 02:00pm sharp! In there, he will explain the rest. See you tomorrow, and remember don’t be late!”

With that, she’s gone. 

We stare at each other, exchanging glances of “what the heck just happened?”. Did she really just say we’re not going to train anymore?
So many questions flying in the air, but one thing we’re sure of. What does Mr. Ryong want to tell us tomorrow?

“What did she mean by that?” Yoongi ask.

None of us answer him, since none of us know the answer. 

“We just have to wait and see tomorrow.” Namjoon says, shrugging his shoulders.

All of us nod satisfied with the small answer we got, and continue eating as if the small occurrence didn’t happen. 

 

The entire building are almost drenched in darkness, only the moonlight seeping through the windows. My footsteps echoing through the halls, indicating I’m the only one awake.
Now that I think about it, who would be awake at 03:15am anyway? I woke up in the middle of the night all of a sudden. I tried falling asleep again, but didn’t manage to do so.
All I could think of doing in the middle of the night was either staring at the ceiling, or wander around. I chose the latter. So here I am, walking in the empty hallways, no sign of life.
I don’t know why I’m doing this, but I can’t just lay in bed waiting to fall asleep, which I’m completely sure I won’t. 


I’m lucky the moonlight is shining up the hallway at least a little bit, enough so I can see where I’m going. When I turn the corner, I can see a door to my right a bit open.
Light illuminates from the room, and I immediately become curious. I take a step towards the door, when a shadow begins to wander around the room.
With haste, I take a few steps back, and hides behind the corner. Footsteps can be heard, not one but two. They exit the room, and the footsteps become fainter as the clock tick by.
When I’m sure they’ve disappeared, I walk towards the door again. The light hasn’t been turn off, and the door is still open. 

Gathering up my courage, I walk in and look around. A big computer screen is almost covering the entire wall it’s hanging from, showing a lot of files and documents I don’t understand.
The desk under it is covered up in papers, some crumbled and others scattered around even on the floor. A small coffee cup placed on the side on the desk.
It must’ve turned cold, since there aren’t any smoke rising up from it. Some sort of machine is placed on the left of the computer screen, buttons blinking all sort of colours.
Wires are placed between the computer screen and the machine, and I guess they are connected in some sort of way.

What is all of this? The papers, the documents in the computer. I don’t understand. I walk towards the computer and take a good look at the screen.
One file catches my attention, as the title is written with bold letters:

Bangtan experiment log

Without a second doubt, I open the file and begin to read.

8th month

Everything is going smoothly, except an incident happening to subject number 6, caused by subject number 7.
There is no need to worry though. Subject number 1 will be using his abilities frequently, subject number 6 will be fully healed in shorter time.
Their training seems to be to simple, which is very positive. If they train like this everyday, then we can proceed to the next step.

- Professor Khang

 

9th month

They’re abilities has grown at an incredibly fast rate. In no time, they will be ready. We don’t have time to be hindered. The rebels are growing stronger, and they are hiding.
We have tried everything to locate them, but it’s like they vanish in to thin air every time we are close to locating them. I am sure, when the subjects are ready, we will find them.
We must act fast.

- Professor Khang

 

10th month

They are ready. It seems luck is on our side this time. We managed to locate the rebels, it won’t be long. The last stage for the subjects, and we can take them down.
This time we got them. The rebels are a problem. They cause hinder in our plans to change the world further into greatness. They need to be stopped. 

- Professor Khang

 

My body is numb. Not only my body, but I’m trying to process what I’ve just read. I can't think propery. What is all this?!
Have they just been using us for their plans to take down these so called “rebels”? This is not happening! This can’t be happening! The woman! She talked about taking it a step further.
Did she mean the last stage? I have to tell the others! I have to tell them what I just read. I have to tell them everything! 

With that I bolt out the room, sprinting towards the others.

 

“Everything is set and ready. All we have to do is to wait.”

“We’ve waited almost a year! The rebels are growing stronger this very minute-“

“And so are we! I’m positive, with these boys, we’re going to take down the rebels.” 

“How much longer do we have to wait?”

“Not long, I can assure you. It’s not long.”


To be honest, I really liked writing this chapter. I think it's my favorite mehe!

Don't be a silent reader! Write in the comment section what you think! Are there something I have to edit? Don't hesitate to say it!

See ya next time<3!