Goodbye

Supernaturals

Chapter 3: Goodbye

“I’ve decided.’’ I begin. I managed to gather all three of them where me, mom, and dad talked to professor Khang and Mr. Ryong yesterday. Being the only one standing with three pair of eyes staring intense at me, I immediately feel my head heat up. I try to calm down, and I can feel the heat from my face cool down. I take a deep inhale, and slowly let it out. “I’m going to accept the offer from professor Khang and Mr. Ryong.’’

“That’s great sweetheart!’’ my mom says with a wide smile. 
My dad give me a nod, and a thumbs up. My mom and dad look happy, but my brother make the same scowl face he did yesterday. It’s obvious he doesn’t like it.

“Didn’t you listen to what I said yesterday? I don’t like them, I have a bad feeling about this.’’ my brother almost half yells, standing up from the couch. 

“I know, but are there any other way? They’ll help me learn to control my ability! This is the only chance I’ve got!’’ I didn’t mean to yell back at him, but I feel irritated. He doesn’t know how it is to have an ability you can’t control.

“Besides, Jungkook will meet the others too. He won’t be alone.’’ dad says. My dad is kind, has always supported me when I needed it, but this was not the right time. My brother turns to my dad then back to me, confused is written all over his face.
“Others? What does he mean by that?’’

“Professor Khang and Mr. Ryong said there are others who has the same abilities like Jungkook. They are at the place where Jungkook is going, now that he wants to accept.’’ mom says.

Now his face turns from confused, to angry. My brother know how to express his feelings very well, something I don’t have in common with him.
“Bull! They probably said that to trick you into this!’’

“How do you know all this?! You’ve seen them for a few seconds, maybe said hello to them, and that’s it! Just because they gave you a bad vibe, doesn’t mean you’re right!’’

“That doesn’t mean you’re right either!’’

Suddenly I hear a small rattle sound. My eyes widen, and I look around in confusion. To my surprise, I can see several of our statues and pictures shaking! I look back again, and I see my brother trying to keep his balance, while mom and dad hold on to each other in the couch. What’s happening? I’m perfectly fine standing steady, I can’t feel anything. Then I realise, it’s me. I’m creating an earthquake.

“What are you doing?! Make it stop!” my brother yells at me. He tries everything to keep him standing up, but it doesn’t work.

“I-I don’t know how! I don’t know how to make it stop!”

“Try to calm yourself!’’ father yells. By now everything is shaking. Brother has fallen and is trying to shield himself from falling statues and glasses. Mom and dad are still hugging tight to each other in the couch. I would’ve thought everything is fine, if not for all the things falling over, and my family looking scared as hell.  I close my eyes, and empty my mind. Just breathe slowly, and think of things that make me calm. Everything is silent, and I open my eyes to see that the earthquake stopped. My family is looking around, and they let out a sigh of relief at the same time. Everything is silent for a moment, until my brother stands up looking at me with strong, yet sad eyes.

“I’m going to regret saying this but, you should accept. Now that I’ve seen what it may cause,’’ he says gesturing to the broken glass “it’s going to be for the best. I still don’t trust them though!’’
I let out a small chuckle, and I hug him. He tense but relaxes soon after, and return the hug. Mom and dad stands up from the couch, and join the hug.

“After what happened, I just want to say that you are going to clean this up, while I watch that you’re doing it properly!” mother says.

When I began cleaning what my earthquake destroyed, my brother decided to help me. He said he was part at fault for making me angry, thus creating (not on purpose) the earthquake. Mom meant what she said, she’s standing like an eagle watching over us while dad is hiding in the kitchen. 
“Are we done yet?” my brother asks.

“You’re done when I can’t see a single glass shard on the floor.”

“But you got eyes like an eagle, and right now you’re acting like one too!”

“And I still got my pride, unlike you two.” mom smirks holding her head high. 

 

“Call them, you’ve decided right?” mom says. I sit in the couch with my mom, and my brother. My dad had gone off to buy some food for dinner. He claims the refrigerator is empty, but when I was done cleaning, I opened it and saw half of it was full. With my phone in my right hand, and the card I was given in the left, I get ready to call. I have to admit that I’m nervous. I shake my head, and begin to type in the number for Mr. Ryong. My mom and brother stare at me while I wait for Mr. Ryong to pick up. Maybe he’s busy, or forgotten his phone somewhere? 

“Hello, who is this?” a deep voice asks. It must be Mr. Ryong, I recognise his voice from when I talked to him yesterday. 

“It’s Jeon Jungkook, Mr. Ryong, and I accept your offer.” I can almost imagine him smiling wide right now.

“Alright Jungkook, me and professor Khang will come and pick you up. Be ready in three hours, goodbye.”

I didn’t get to answer before he hung up, and the line drop dead. I stare at my phone in confusion, before looking at my mother and brother.
“He and professor Khang will come and and pick me up in three hours.”

“So soon? Alright, you have to go upstairs to pac your stuff.” mom says.

“Yeah, I’ll be back soon.” I say jogging towards the stairs.

 

Everything is ready, and all I need to do now is to wait for Mr. Ryong and professor Khang. Everything went faster than I thought. When I was done packing everything, it was only thirty minutes for those two to come and pick me up. It’s fifteen minutes, and I can’t stop thinking how it’s going to be from now on. Every minute ticking by, is a minute closer to what is going to change my daily life. The sound of the doorbell echoes across the house, and my mom is the one who opens up, revealing Mr. Ryong and professor Khang. Everything is the same, even Mr. Ryong’s blood red stripe. 

“Good evening, we’ve come to pick up Jungkook. Don't worry, we will take good care of him.” Mr. Ryong says while bowing to my mom. Professor Khang doing the same as his boss. I pick up my backpack with my stuff in it, and give my mom a hug.

“Be a good boy, alright? We’ll see you soon.” she says, and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I say goodbye to my dad and my brother giving them a hug too. I can see my mother’s eyes glistening, meaning she wants to cry. Seeing her like that make me want to change my mind but I can’t, it’s too late. My dad hugs her, and give me a small smile. I take a last glance at my family, before I turn around and follow Mr. Ryong and professor Khang out to their white van.