Wedding

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note:  A TopYoon scene in the end is PG-13 lol.

Yoona’s POV

            Everything was happening so quickly.  We went back to Korea after our short trip to California, and the wedding preparations were put on overdrive.  I came back with the dress, and now, I was wearing it.  The girls were chattering behind me as Yuri and Taeyeon fixed my veil. My makeup was perfectly painted on like I was a piece of art, and my hair was perfectly sculpted in an elegant, loose bun.  I didn’t feel like a princess.  I felt like a queen.  I stared at the mirror as tears filled my eyes.  Jessica put her hand over mine and smiled at me, which gave me encouragement.

            “Don’t cry,” Jessica told me, “Your mascara is expensive.”

            “Sorry,” I apologized, “I…I just never thought that I’d be the first to get married.”

            The other girls crowded around me.  They were dressed in their beautiful blue dresses. I forced my tears in and took a deep breath.  This was happening!  This was really happening.

            Jessica swallowed, “So you needed something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.  Well, that’s how tradition goes, right?”
            “Your grandmother’s veil is that something old.  It’s beautiful, unnie,” Seohyun pointed out.

            “Your something new is your beautiful $25,000 Vera Wang dress,” Hyoyeon stated, “You look stunning.”

            Sooyoung then revealed to me a beautiful pin.  I smiled as Sooyoung carefully put the diamond pin in my hair delicately.  Ah, this was too much for me.  I was not marrying this man for love, but everything was just overwhelming.

            “This is your something borrowed, Yoona,” Sooyoung laughed, “It’s mine, and I want it back.  Remember:  it’s borrowed, okay?”

            I nodded with understanding as I let out a laugh at Sooyoung’s antics.  She surely knew how to make me laugh during such situations.

            “And I made your something blue,” Jessica smiled.

            I was in awe once I saw the garter that Jessica handmade.  My eyes widened as I sat down on a chair that Seohyun offered.  Jessica then slipped the beautiful garter on my leg before giving my thigh a final pat.  I was just struck at these women.  They were truly there for me through the good and bad. 

            “It’s beautiful,” I complimented, “Thank you, Sica unnie.”

            She put her hands on her hips, “You better like it!  I spent five hours working on that thing.”

            “It’s true,” Tiffany confirmed, “I tried to tell her to eat while she was working on that garter, and she yelled at me.  I guess she’s kind of y when she’s on work mode.”
            Jessica laughed it off and elbowed Tiffany on her side.  I took a deep breath as I put my hands together.  This was the moment.  It was finally here, and I was going to admit that even though I was terrified when I was asked to marry Seunghyun, I wasn’t as afraid anymore.

______________________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            Damn it.  Why was it so damned hot in here?  I tugged on my bowtie as I anxiously exhaled.  Daesung was my best man.  Even though we didn’t proclaim it like Jiyong and Youngbae or show it to the fans like Jiyong and Seungri, we always confided in each other.  Daesung offered me a handkerchief as I wiped the sweat forming on my forehead.  The photographers were taking pictures like crazy until the wedding coordinator signaled for them to ease down on the flash photography.  I was dressed in a tuxedo along with the rest of the groomsmen and best man.  The only variation was that my bowtie was a shade darker than theirs. Daesung signaled that he was to leave to join the rest of the party to walk down the aisle, and I quickly agreed.

            There was security everywhere, and I noticed that most of the guards were stationed near the fans.  The fan section was in the back, and from the 200 SONEs and VIPs invited to the reception, only 20 of them were allowed in the ceremony.  They were the most mature fans we had, and I didn’t think that they’d cause a commotion.  I had spoken to them before we entered the chapel, and even the SONEs were polite to me, which I did not expect.

            Then the piano began to play.  Junsu’s fingers began to dance around the piano keys, and we had to argue with SM to have him do this.  After a lot of arguing, they finally agreed to have their ex-talent perform the wedding march on the piano.  Junsu was a good friend of mine, and he told me that he wanted to do it not only because we were friends but also because Yoona had always been kind to him.

            This was the moment.  This was the moment that I had been waiting such a long time for.  The wonderful music filled my ears as I slowly exhaled.  The back doors to the chapel slowly opened and the guests rose to their feet.  I saw Yeonjun and Yoona’s niece, Nayeon, walk down the aisle side to side.  Yeonjun was carrying the wedding rings, and Nayeon was sprinkling the aisle with red and white rose petals. 

            Then the bridesmaids and groomsmen made their appearance.  Seohyun and Seungri, Sooyoung and Lee Soohyuk, Hyoyeon and Park Taehwan, Tiffany and Youngbae, Sunny and Park Yoochun, Jessica and Kim Jaejoong, and Taeyeon and Jiyong.  Taeyeon protested walking down the aisle with Jiyong, but Yoona argued that the rest of them had paired up, and there was no other way.  After they walked down the aisle, Yuri, the maid of honor, joined Daesung down the aisle with bright smiles on their faces. 

            When they got in their spots, the bride finally emerged through the grand oak doors.  I was in awe.  I didn’t know what to say or how to react.  Yoona was beautiful—stunning, marvelous, phenomenal!  I felt the air slowly leave my lungs as I looked at her.  Oh, I bet the photographers loved this.  I was blushing just looking at how gorgeous she looked.

            Yoona was wearing a beautiful white wedding dress that reached down to her feet.  The dress’s train was long—making her look even more extravagant.  Her veil covered her beautiful face, but it somehow complimented her. 

            “God, she’s beautiful.”

            “Yoona looks absolutely stunning.”

            “This is like a fairytale.”

            The compliments continued to pour onto the blushing bride, and she smiled as she heard the compliments.  She deserved everything, and I just wanted her wishes to come true.  She didn’t know that SM and YG wanted a court wedding at town hall.  I convinced them to approve of an extravagant celebration.  I knew Yoona wanted this.  She just didn’t want to say it.  She dreamt of a wedding like this, and I wanted to give it.

            I watched closely as my eyes began to water.  I could not believe that I was getting this warm feeling spreading through my chest.  Halfway down the aisle, Yoona stopped.  She halted in her tracks as Junsu finally stopped playing the piano to see what was happening.  I had spent a lot of time and effort getting this to happen, and I only hoped that Yoona would react positively to this.  I watched carefully as I held my breath at Yoona’s reaction.

            I observed Yoona press her fingertips to her lips as she stared at the woman standing near the edge of the aisle.  She had not seen this woman in years.  This woman was the one who was shunned from her life because of her overprotective father.  Yes, this woman was Yoona’s mother.  Yoona’s hands were shaking as she slowly approached her mother.  I saw tears spill from her mother’s eyes as the two women embraced.  The audience began to clap as they watched the heart-wrenching scene unfold in front of us. 

            “How did this…Appa?” Yoona managed to sputter as she turned to her father who was beside her, “You agreed to this?”

            Her father exhaled and nodded at his daughter.

            “How?”

            Her mother nodded, “Let’s just say that you’re going to get married to a very loving man.”

            It seemed like Yoona didn’t want to let go of her mother.  I spoke to Yuri about it, and it wasn’t easy.  I had to bother Yuri constantly, and she finally revealed that Yoona was a bit depressed that her mother would never make a presence at her wedding because of her father’s hatred for her mother. 

            Then, I had to convince her father to allow her mother to attend the wedding.  It was hard.  I swear that Yoona’s father wanted to kill me when I mentioned the possibility of inviting Yoona’s mother, but after a very convincing speech and a little bit of begging, he finally swallowed his pride and agreed to it.

            Yoona finally noticed that she had stopped the wedding from proceeding.  Her eyes met with mine, and she smiled brightly at me.  She squeezed her mother’s hands before she proceeded down the aisle with her father by her side.  The crowd stared on with adoration as her father gave me his daughter’s hand.  I nervously swallowed and led Yoona to the altar where the pastor was patiently waiting.

            “Thank you for bringing my mother here,” she whispered to me, “I don’t know how to thank you.  This is the best wedding gift ever.”

            I smiled at her teasingly, “What are you talking about, Yoona?  I didn’t do anything.”

            I knew that I was playing stupid, but I wasn’t used to being thanked for thoughtful gestures…because I never really did things like this.  I never begged someone’s father to resolve a family issue for a short time.  I had never contacted someone’s mother from another country and send her first class tickets to her daughter’s wedding.  I had never done this—but I had to keep in mind that I had never gotten married before either.  Even if this marriage was arranged, I had to become a better man.  My mother raised me to become a better man, and I wanted to prove myself.

            “Don’t think that I’m some kind of prince charming,” I joked.

____________________________________

Jiyong’s POV

            I hated the fact that Kiko and Sohee were both at the wedding.  I had nothing personal against Sohee, but I wanted to keep my distance.  Sure, she was my first love, and Kiko was the one I had been with the longest, but I wanted to show Taeyeon that I was serious about being a father.  I was not going to stress her out.  I was not going to make her cry, and most of all, I was going to be there for her. She told me that I could date, but I didn’t see how that was going to work out.  How could I date and be there for her 24/7?  It just didn’t sound doable.

            Sohee was invited because she used to be in the Wonder Girls, and along with KARA, they were exceptionally close to SNSD despite the media’s attempts to create a feud between the three veteran groups.  Kiko, on the other hand, was a plus one through Angela Yang Ying’s invitation.  Seunghyun mentioned that he told Angela not to bring her, but Kiko pleaded profusely until he finally agreed.  I sat beside Taeyeon as we watched Seunghyun and Yoona make their way to the front.

            They began to thank the audience, but my attention was shifted towards Taeyeon.  Her flat belly was going to turn to a small bump soon, and I didn’t know how I was going to process that.  Taeyeon would not be able to go out in public.  Maybe Dr. Lee would have to do house visits, and we’d look into home birth.  To make it less suspicious, they made Tiffany sit on my other side so it seemed as if I was not giving special attention to Taeyeon.  That was SM’s idea, but I didn’t complain.

            Daesung and Yuri were the MCs for the wedding because they were the best man and maid of honor.  I saw Yuri press the microphone closer to her lips as a wide smile appeared on her face.

            “Hello, my name is Kwon Yuri—the maid of honor and Yoona’s best friend,” she giggled, “Yoona is basically my sister, and she had been for such a long time.  We never kept secrets from each other…but I had to for the past week.”

            “What?” Yoona gasped, “Kwon Yuri, what are you hiding?”

            Yuri continued, “When we were 20, we had a talk about what our dream wedding was going to be like.  You said you wanted a beautiful dress, a caring, handsome groom, and all of your favorite people in one room…you also said that Bruno Mars had to perform at your wedding.”

            I smiled as I looked over at Taeyeon who was watching with delight on her face.  We had known about Seunghyun’s second surprise for Yoona.  The first one was her mother, and that clearly brought tears to all of us.  Next was the singer Yoona had been idolizing for over five years.

            “I’d like to welcome Mr. Bruno Mars to the stage to sing for the newlyweds’ first dance!” Daesung finished off.

            We all laughed as the audience gasped and giggled at Yoona’s reaction and Bruno’s appearance.  Bruno enthusiastically ran to the stage with an acoustic guitar hung around his neck.  We all clapped as Yoona covered with her hands as she froze there.  I bet she was having a fan girl moment.  I saw Taeyeon and Tiffany pull out their phones and record their first dance.  I bet this was going on their social networking sites.

            Bruno began to sing an acoustic version of Just the Way You Are, which was supposedly Yoona’s favorite song that he had ever sang.  Yoona had tears in her eyes, and when they started to dance, Seunghyun wiped away her tears with his thumb.  She laughed it off and smiled brightly.

            Seunghyun and I had to make phone calls for two days to get Bruno here.  He was supposed to have a fan signing in Japan, and when we found out that he was going to be in Asia the weekend of the wedding, we did everything in our power to have him come.  We offered his a vast amount of money, but once he saw how passionate Seunghyun was about this, he said that he’d only accept his usual charge.  He didn’t want to take advantage of our desperation to have him there.

            “Let’s have some couples join them on the dance floor!” Yuri encouraged.

            Everyone began to pair off quickly.  Youngbae quickly approached Yuri, Daesung asked Tiffany, Seungri grabbed Seohyun’s hand, Jessica and Taecyeon were already dancing, Jung Kyungho escorted Sooyoung to the dance floor.  Even Eunhyuk, who was good friends with Hyoyeon, offered a dance to SNSD’s dancing queen.  I turned to Taeyeon, who looked away from me.  Was she seriously going to do this?  It was only one dance.

            “Taeyeon, will you please have this dance with me?” I asked.

            She nervously swallowed, “Just ask Kiko or Sohee.  They’re looking at you.”
            The photographers were taking pictures of us talking, and Sunny made that clear when she gave us a certain look as Soohyuk led her to the dance floor.  Taeyeon sensed it, too, and she quickly nodded.  We didn’t want it in the headlines that I was asking her for a dance and Taeyeon refused.  It would seem like a lover’s quarrel.  I knew that we’d be in the headlines, but we could easily say that it was friendly dance between the two leaders of the two groups.  We finally made it to the dance floor after she agreed to dance with me. 

            She looked at me in the eyes as Bruno continued to sing.  Her eyes were full of love and dedication.  I could only wish that Jiyeon would be the same.  I only wanted my daughter to take after her beautiful mother.  I wanted her to have the same look of dedication in her eyes.  I had nothing to give.  I was a walking scandal.  I only caused trouble.

            But I was going to change.  Jiyeon was worth everything.  She was worth every change, and I was going to use every ounce of strength I had to become a better man, and I was going to prove that to Taeyeon.

            “Do you mind if I cut in?” I heard another voice.

            My eyes widened as I saw Baekhyun standing there with an innocent smile on my face.  I should have punched him on the face for cutting in so rudely, but I remembered that I was going to be a father.  Good fathers don’t go around punching other people who don’t pose a physical threat.  I deeply exhaled as I forced a smile on my face.  I let go of Taeyeon and kissed the back of her hand before I glared at Baekhyun.

            “Don’t try anything with her or else,” I warned in a hoarse whisper.

____________________________________

Yoona’s POV

            I was having a lot of fun, and I was going to admit that.  Bruno Mars sang for us at our wedding, and I was still trying to register that in my mind.  My mother was here, and my parents weren’t trying to kill each other!  How did Seunghyun get this to happen?  I laughed as Daesung and Yuri announced that the next event was going to happen.  I had already thrown the bouquet, and despite Taeyeon’s attempts to avoid it, the bouquet landed into Taeyeon’s arms.  The crowd laughed as we saw Taeyeon drop the bouquet on the floor as if it was a rat.  Tiffany laughed it off, picked up the bouquet, and returned the bouquet to the rightful owner. 

            Taeyeon b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter