Mad

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun’s POV

Daesung had to be one of the closest friends I had. I loved all of the Big Bang members with all my heart, but Daesung was always the one who was there for me. During my times of trouble, he was always the first one to be there, and when he needed me, I always tried to provide support to him. Yoona was filming a scene with Taecyeon, and even though I wanted to go watch her film it, she refused to let me go.

I agreed to her request because she was still pissed off about the fact that I followed my boss’s instruction to lure Mino and Irene out so that the media could exploit their relationship. I had no regrets, and I refused to apologize for it. I didn’t want Yoona to have more stress added on. She needed a break. Our marriage was already enough for her, and I didn’t want her to keep on like this.

Daesung was in my house because he finished a few solo endeavors early. He wanted a good glass of expensive wine, and he knew that he would need to come to my house if he wanted it for free. I gave him a glass of wine, and although I was not drinking with him, he joined me in eating a few snacks.

“Yah, is that your conscription?” Daesung’s eyes lit up.

He saw the official letter on the coffee table, and I quickly grabbed it and stuffed it in a nearby drawer. I already discussed it with my boss, and we came up with a plan. I just didn’t want to speak about it yet. I wasn’t sure if I was ready to leave just yet. It just didn’t feel right.

Daesung then asked, “So what will this mean between you and Yoona?”

I stayed silent as I looked away from him. I didn’t know what this meant. I came into this marriage telling myself that I was to be detached and aloof. I was not going to feel anything for her. I told myself that I was not even going to care for her.

But she was Im Yoona for goodness sake. Why did I think it was possible to begin with? I was so wrong.

“I don’t know,” I admitted, “The deal was that we are to stay married while I’m in service…then we’d divorce when I was released.”

“But you don’t want to?” Daesung inquired.

I didn’t know. I was just so comfortable with Yoona. She didn’t care if I was acting misbehaved or disgusting. She laughed at my dirty jokes. She ate more than I did. She didn’t judge me, and she was so accepting. She was probably the first and only woman I could be myself around.

“I guess I got used to having her there for me,” I swallowed.

Daesung sighed, “Hyung, I know that this marriage was a cover up for a bigger scandal, but I want you to know that you have a choice. If you want to fall in love with her, let yourself fall in love. There is not a rule that you can’t fall hopelessly in love with your own wife. It’s your right and chance for happiness. I know it’s hard to admit your feelings first, but in my honest opinion, she loves you, too.”

______________________________________

Jiyong’s POV

This past month had been nothing but bliss. Taeyeon and I were getting along just fine, and Jiyeon was growing stronger inside of Taeyeon. I didn’t cook much nor did I have much knowledge about the culinary arts, but I was trying my best to help Taeyeon in the kitchen. We were going to have the SNSD and Big Bang members over to watch the first episode of Yoona and Seunghyun’s new drama.

The media coverage for the drama was just insane, and there were already offers from Japan and China to export the drama once the drama finished airing in Korea. Yoona and Seunghyun’s names contributed to the popularity of the drama, but they paired that up with an amazing director, a few awesome writers, and a couple popular producers, and they had an instant success.

The members were already in the living room to prepare for the drama, and the only ones missing were the stars: Yoona and Seunghyun. I brought the drinks out to the living room for our guests as Taeyeon followed behind with her hands on her lower back. She took a seat on the sofa, and I took a seat beside her. I began to rub her lower back; she had these aches that would not end for hours. She gave me a gentle smile as she patted my knee in appreciation.

“Yah, you two are so sweet that I want to throw up,” Sooyoung called out.

“I’m just having some pain because of Jiyeon,” Taeyeon called out.

We still had not told them that we had been engaged for the past four weeks. We wanted to tell them together, and because there were 14 of us in two groups, it was difficult to find a time when all of us could get together.

“I told you I don’t want to talk about it! I really don’t give a damn,” I heard a feminine voice.

A man retorted with frustration, “Then why are you acting like this?”
The doorbell rang, and Seungri opened the door because he was nearest to it. He unveiled the only married couple within the two groups. Yoona looked irritated and bothered, and Seunghyun seemed frustrated and exhausted.

“What happened to you two?” Seungri asked scratching the back of his head.

“NOTHING!” Yoona and Seunghyun yelled together.

________________________________________________________

Yoona’s POV

Seunghyun had been acting very strange but in the best way there was. For the past month, he was actually very sweet. Even though I had the sourest mood, he would do things for me that were just…strange. He’d get me flowers, make me dinner, and take my naggings on a regular basis. I had already forgiven him for exploiting Irene and Mino because Irene assured me that it was not that big of a deal, but even after I stopped showing frustration that he would do such a thing, he still continued on with these sweet gestures.

The filming for our drama was coming to an end, and I had just finished filming a scene with my character’s parents. It was late at night when I got home. I unlocked the front door with my keys, and when I stepped in, I saw Seunghyun with someone. It wasn’t as if he was in the bedroom with her, but they were in the living room.

I wasn’t angry…at first, but then she dropped the script in her hands, grabbed him by the collar, and planted a kiss on the lips. My blood began to boil, and my eyes widened with shock. I wasn’t stupid or anything. I knew they were just practicing their lines for the final episodes, but they didn’t have to kiss. It was just practice. They only had to practice their lines.

The idiot must have noticed that I saw because he pulled away and looked at me immediately with a horrified look on his face. He suddenly pushed Mina away as Mina looked at me with a stone cold expression on her face. My jaw clenched, and my fist tightened to a ball. I wanted to punch him in his perfect face. Instead of yelling and screaming at him, I marched my way upstairs without saying a word. Right now, silence was more terrifying than screaming and crying about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Stupid idiot thinks it’s wise to bring his ex over to our house and kiss her?” I grunted to myself, “Stupid, stupid idiot!”

I changed out of my dress and threw the dress in the laundry hamper. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a knitted sweater from my closet. I squeezed into my jeans and began to button my pants on when I heard the door swing open. Seunghyun looked like he was going to explode if he didn’t explain. I fell silent as I faced my back towards him. I grabbed my knitted burgundy sweater and put it on quickly.

“Why are you mad?” he suddenly asked.

Did he just ask me why I was mad? Was he really this much of an idiot? I rolled my eyes at him and began to pack a few items in my purse. He then grabbed my hands and spun me to face him. I avoided eye contact with him and shook my head disapprovingly.

“We were practicing!” he explained, “I didn’t even invite her! She showed up to the house. We were supposed to run lines last week in front of our managers and production crew, but you insisted on going on a date to that amusement park!”

I brushed his grip away from my wrist and frowned at him. I shot him a dirty look because I could not believe that he had that type of reasoning. I knew that we had to be at Taeyeon and Jiyong’s place soon, but it was so difficult when I had to deal with a five-year-old trapped in an adult man’s body.

“So it’s my fault now? It’s my fault that you had to kiss your ex in the house that we both live in?” I raised my voice.

He argued back, “You knew that I had to kiss her for the drama! Besides, she kissed me!”

“Yes, you two have to kiss for the drama! Not for practice, pabo!” I shrieked.

___________________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

I didn’t know why, but I grew very apprehensive whenever Yoona and I argued. The last time we argued was when she found out that I had a part in revealing Irene and Mino’s relationship. She got over it when help from Irene and Mino, but now I didn’t have Irene or Mino to help me deal with Yoona’s wrath.

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel as I rolled my eyes at how ridiculous Yoona was acting. She was very childish at the moment; she was so angry with me that she refused to sit in the front passenger seat beside me. Through the rearview mirror, I saw her sitting in the backseat with her arms crossed against her chest.

“You’re acting like a child,” I assured her, “You’re sitting in the back like a child who’s throwing a tantrum. You’re making me look like a chauffeur with you in the back seat.”

“You think I care?” she rolled her eyes again.

I didn’t want to spend another second with her arguing. Mina was the one who kissed me, and I was the one who pulled away. Mina pointed out that it was part of the script, and it did look bad that my ex had kissed me in the house that I was sharing with my wife…but Yoona needed to understand that it was only for work! I watched her kiss numerous guys for work, and I didn’t mind.

I parked the car in Jiyong’s driveway and opened the door to get out of the car. I was going to open Yoona’s door until she flung the door open with frustration. It was as if she didn’t realize that she was projecting her anger at a very expensive Ferrari. I sighed deeply and dug my hands into my pockets.

“I don’t even know why you’re here,” Yoona glared, “You should be with Mina practicing your lines.”
Oh, Yoona surely wasn’t herself without the unnecessary sarcasm! I trailed behind her as she stomped towards the front door.

“Just admit that you’re jealous, Yoona,” I denounced.

“No, just admit that you’re wrong. Now, Mina thinks that she can do this to you and me!” she contended.

I g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter