Kisses

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun’s POV

My confession to Yoona was not planned. Well, it was, but at the same time it wasn’t. I didn’t plan on confessing that night, but it felt right… so I did it. I knew that I wanted to tell her that I didn’t want to divorce, but I didn’t know how to tell her. Taeyeon had encouraged me to confess to her, and I was so nervous. When I told Yoona that I didn’t want to split up after my military service, she kissed me. She kissed me deeply and lovingly, and I knew that she agreed with me. When we got home that night, we couldn’t keep our hands off each other, and it felt like we had just gotten married again. It was like our relationship was now reborn, and there was a new beginning.

“We’re going to go on tour after our three songs go out,” I told Yoona.

We were both lying in bed. It was 4 am, but we couldn’t get any sleep. Her head was carefully placed on my chest as I played with her hair. She covered her body with the comforter and snuggled closer to me.

“Hm, really?” she mumbled.

I confirmed, “Yeah, we’re only hitting Japan, Korea, and Hong Kong. We can’t do a full world tour because I have to enlist by February—3 shows in Korea, 19 in Japan, and 2 in Hong Kong.”

She was silent for a while before she raised her head and looked at me in the eyes.

“I guess I’ll just miss you at home like a good wife while you’re gone?” she questioned quietly.

I knew she was already imagining living by herself without me for the few days a week when we’d be in either Hong Kong or Japan. We had wrapped up filming for our drama, and we were merely promoting the drama on our social media accounts.

“I was thinking that you come with us,” I suggested.

“What? You want me to follow you around like one of your groupies?” she giggled.

I shrugged, “I don’t think the face of SNSD can be a Big Bang groupie. Besides, I don’t want to be lonely at night.”

“You’ll have Daesung and Seungri to keep you company,” she added.

I forgot about those jerks. Yoona knew that whenever we went on tour, Seungri and Daesung did everything in their power to share a hotel room with me. Youngbae and Jiyong usually shared a room, and when I’d volunteer to have a room to myself, they would think that they were leaving me out. That was why they’d insist that the three of us share a room every single time we visited a foreign country together.

“I’d choose your company over theirs any day,” I promised.

She sighed and kissed my lips lightly, “I’ll think about it. I’ll have to see my schedule.”

___________________________________________________

Jiyong’s POV

“Taeyeon, have you been writing music?” I asked after I took a sip of my black coffee.

I looked at Taeyeon, who had a notebook clutched in her hands. I saw her handwriting in black ink as she shyly pressed her notebook against her chest. I put down my mug of coffee and sat beside her and smiled brightly at her. I knew that SM was very picky with their artists writing their songs. Seohyun and Sooyoung always complained that their own company rejected them constantly. I thought it was absurd. If an artist wanted creative control over the material that they gave their fans, their companies should back them up.

“It’s not good,” she timidly stated, “I only wrote it because I was bored.”

She seemed very adamant on hiding it from me. I tried to take the notebook from her, but she was holding onto the book as if her life depended on it. She tried to take it away from my reach, but I was very persistent on seeing. Her hand finally slipped, and I was able to grab the notebook. Then I saw the expression on her face, and the guilt seeped in. I couldn’t read it without her permission.

“Taeyeon, may I please look at your lyrics?” I begged.

I knew she’d kill me if I read it without her permission. She crossed her arms against her chest and pouted her lips out. I should have been at work right now, but I didn’t want to leave her just yet. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

“You’re my fiancé, and I love you to death, but I just feel like you’ll rip me into pieces when it comes to critiquing my work,” Taeyeon admitted, “I’m pregnant, and my feelings get hurt very easily at this stage.”

“I’m sure you’re great,” I assured her.

Taeyeon finally sighed deeply and gave me a quick nod signaling that it was okay for me to read her lyrics. I looked at the title of the song—Sweet Love. Could this be the first song that Taeyeon wrote about me? I smiled like a fool as I continued to read the rest of the lyrics. Sure, there were some things that I would change as improvements, but overall, it was great!

“Come here!” I ordered.

I grabbed Taeyeon’s hands and led her to the piano room. I sat down in front of the piano as she stood before me with a confused look on her face. She had performed in front of thousands of people. How could she be shy right now?

“We should try out your song,” I suggested, “I feel like it’s going to be a hit.”
“No!” Taeyeon interjected, “It’s embarrassing.”

______________________________________

Taeyeon’s POV

Jiyong must be crazy to think that I was a good songwriter. I had been rejected several times because of my ‘clichéd’ messages in the songs I wrote. Jiyong looked at it and told me that it was going to be great and that I should put it in my next solo album. I was less confident with the idea of putting a song that was written by me on an album for my fans. I wanted my fans to hear the best from me, and I didn’t think that the song was that great. Jiyong started to work on the instrumentals even though I protested it. He kept promising me that it would be a hit, but the doubt continued to plague my mind. I wasn’t like him; I couldn’t write a song in less than a day and have it top the charts.

“Taeyeon, have you seen my notes?” Jiyong asked as he dashed down the hallway with his coat and car keys in his hands.

He had a journal of things that he wanted to improve on with the music video and lyrics. They were nearly done filming their two music videos for Last Dance and FXXK IT. I loved Last Dance, but I loved the message that FXXK IT had. It showed a more careless image of the boys.

“It’s right here,” I called out.

He kissed my cheek before he took the journal from my hands. I knew he was running late, but I noticed that he was trying his best to make time for me. He didn’t mind being late, which was very odd. He put work in front of everything, and to know that he was willing to be late for me was a big deal.

“Taeyeon, I want to remind you that we’re going to Hong Kong and Japan for our last tour before hyung has to enlist,” Jiyong brought up.

I laughed, “Why does it matter to me? I can’t go. I’m pregnant, and the fans might see.”
“If we were able to hide the other three 2ne1 members at the MAMA ceremony, we can hide you easily,” he smiled at me with reassurance, “Taeyeon, hyung is bringing Yoona, and I want you with me while we’re on the road, too. Sure, we won’t be out in public with each other, but at least we can sleep in the same bed at night.”
“I’ll have to check with Dr. Lee,” I rolled my eyes, “Go now so you can release your music videos quickly. Your fans are becoming impatient with you and your delayed promises.”

He then kissed me on the lips before he gave me a silly smile and left the house.

_____________________________________

Yoona’s POV

“You’re insane! Did you know that?” I said with a dropped jaw.

I looked over at my husband. He had just come home from the salon, and he wore a cap to cover up his new hairstyle. I could not stop laughing as I watched Seunghyun’s face redden with embarrassment.

“I lost a bet, Yoona,” he groaned.

“What bet?”

He answered, “Jiyong and I made a bet. We raced, and whoever finished our one-kilometer race last had to dye their hair pink. It was Seungri’s idea. He said that since Jiyong and I were both in love with members from SNSD, we should have loser dye their hair the color of SNSD’s official fan color.”

I smacked his arm as he frowned at me. His cap did not conceal the sides of his pink hair. I could not believe that he had the confidence to dye his hair this color. And why would he even race with Jiyong? Along with Youngbae, he was the most athletic ones in the group. In addition, Jiyong was probably the most competitive person I knew after Minho from SHINee. I swear I saw fire in his eyes at every drinking contest he was challenged to.

“You need to quit smoking! That’s why you lost!” I lectured.

“Jiyong smokes, too!” I interjected, “I just didn’t expect that little bastard to be so fast.”

I raised a brow, “Taeyeon unnie told me that oppa quit smoking because he was afraid that his daughter might see when she was born.”

Seunghyun seem puzzled to hear this from me. Jiyong surely set him up for failure. Most of all, he didn’t expect the leader of his group to give up such a big sacrifice. I handed Seunghyun the lunch box that I had made him and tried to shoo him off so that he could go to work.

“Why are you trying to get rid of me?” he pouted.

I giggled to myself as I pushed him towards the door. He was supposed to head straight to work from the salon, but he was begging me to make him a lunch box to make Seungri and Daesung jealous.

“I want you to leave early so you can return to me quicker,” I informed him, “Goodbye, honey! I’ll see you later on tonight!”

I kissed him lightly on the lips before I kicked him out of the house.

____________________________________________________

Kiko’s POV

I felt like I was constantly on the run. I was running in the streets of Seoul barefoot for goodness sake. I was wearing the same clothes for the past two days, and I didn’t know where to go. My manager found me, and he had connections to a few police officers in Seoul, too. He wanted me to come back to Japan, but I was afraid for my life. I knew he was going to beat me. He was going to do horrible things to me and remind me that I was only famous because I was the great G-Dragon’s ex-lover. I didn’t know how, but I found myself in Gangnam. I was in the rich and wealthy district of Seoul, and although I belonged in this social group, I didn’t look like I fit in.

“Kiko,” I heard a hushed tone.

I turned around to see two women: Jessica and Yoona. They were the two friends and members of the woman who stole Jiyong’s heart from me. Although I had no hatred for Taeyeon, I could not help but feel jealousy that he was able to move on so quickly. I was selfish, and that was how I was made.

“Goodness, you look like hell,” Jessica gasped.

Yoona removed her jacket and handed it over to me as Jessica ushered me to her car. I knew what she was doing. She was trying to get me out of the public eye so that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter