Pride

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s POV

            Jiyong had been very distant towards me ever since he told me his secret.  Kwon Jiyong had used G-Dragon as an alter ego for so many years—the musical genius who could write a hit song in 15 minutes.  How was he going to handle letting go of that persona?  I was washing the dishes in the sink as I heard Jiyong’s footsteps slowly make his way down the stairs.  He grabbed his coat and put it on right away.

            So many things made sense when he told me his secret.  When he left after arguing suddenly, he told me that he was with Sohee.  I hardly met with Sohee, but I sensed that she was a huge presence in his life.  Jiyong told me that she was one of the few people who knew about his secret.  Not even his own members knew, and that was why their album was delayed for so long. 

            I turned off the faucet after I washed the dishes as I slowly made my way to the living room.  I put my hand over my growing belly as I looked over at Jiyong who was looking for his keys.  I handed him his keys, which were lodged into the cracks of the sofa.  He silently thanked me before he cleared his throat.  He was pushing me away, and I didn’t like it.

            “Jiyong, we need to talk about this issue,” I broke the silence.

            When he told me, he immediately ignored any further discussion about it.  He stormed into the guest bedroom and locked himself in it.

            “You already forced me to tell you something that I didn’t want to tell you,” he coldly replied, “Don’t force me to actually talk about it, too.  Don’t add salt to the wounds.”

            Did he really think that I was forcing him to do all of this?  Why wasn’t he comfortable enough with me to discuss it, but he could always go back to Sohee and tell her everything?  I was his best friend for goodness sake!  Why was he holding back?  I clutched my fists together as my brows furrowed down with his offending remarks.

            He continued, “I’ll be home late.  Don’t stay up.”

            “Why?  Are you going to see Sohee?” I asked quickly.

            “And why the hell are you bringing her up?  Keep her name out of your mouth,” he growled with annoyance in his voice.

            I retorted, “Jiyong, we’re going to have a child together.  You need to discuss these kind of things with me.”

            “Don’t force me to talk about what I don’t want to talk about,” Jiyong glared at me, “At least Sohee isn’t as intruding and nosy as you.”

            I hated being pregnant.  Most of all, I hated being compared to other people.  I could not control my emotions, and I was so good at doing that when I wasn’t pregnant.  If I was angry, I could contain it.  If I was jealous, I was able to withhold the signs.  If I was sad, I could save the tears for later, but right now, I felt sadness, jealousy, and anger filling my body until I exploded.  Being pregnant and being compared to his ex-girlfriend was the worst combination in my opinion.

            “Then go to her!  If you like her so much more than me, go be with her and start a family with her!” I screamed, “I don’t care!”

            He must have noticed his wrongdoing and he stared at me with widened eyes clearly not knowing what he should do next.  I pushed him towards the exit and opened the door.  He was trying to stay, but I was pushing the hardest I could.

            “Taeyeon, stop!”

            “Jiyeon and I don’t need you,” I grunted, “Get out!”

            Jiyong was flustered, “You’re kicking me out of my own house!”

            “You’re not allowed back here!” I yelled.

            He was absolutely bewildered.  I knew I sounded pretty stupid.  This was his house, and I had no legal right to kick him out of his own house, but he was the one who forced me to stay here.  He was the one who insisted that I live here.  If I left his house, he would only look for me, but if he weren’t allowed in here, I would get the space I needed away from him.  If I stayed with him for another minute, I might have killed him because of frustration.

            I pushed him out the door, “If you come back, I’ll leave and live with Kiko at Seohyun’s vacation home.  If you come back, Kiko Mizuhara will become my new best friend.  I swear it.”

            “You wouldn’t,” he dared as if he was testing me.

            “Try me,” I warned before I slammed the door and locked it.

_______________________________________

Yoona’s POV

            When I got home, Seunghyun was already asleep, so I guess he got lucky.  But when the morning hit, I began to question him right away.  When I’d question him about his future plans to go back to acting, he would try to dodge the question.  I was getting my things ready for the studio.  I had missed my recording because of Seunghyun, and my manager had to reschedule my recording for my new album with both Yuri and Jessica. 

            “So no new projects?” I asked.

            He shrugged, “I’ll look over a few interesting projects.”

            Yeah, he’d look over a few interesting projects, my .  He already told Director Yoo that he accepted the role of Choi Minhyuk and Choi Minwoo—the identical twins for the drama.  How could he lie about this?  The filming was going to start in two weeks, and the public didn’t even know that he was casted yet. 

            “I already know that you accepted the role for the twins, Seunghyun!” I yelled, “How could you not tell me?  You were the first person I told when I was offered the role!”

            He scratched the back of his head before he sighed deeply.  He was heading to the YG headquarters to work on the album with Jiyong.  He sat down on the foot of the bed and sighed again deeply with defeat.

            “Because I knew that you were going to act like that,” he pointed out.

            I exclaimed, “Like what?  You should have told me!  Did you forget that your ex is going to be the other lead role?  You’re going to have to film kiss scenes with her!”

            He then leaned back as he stared at me with a confident smirk on his face.  What the hell was he smiling about?  I looked back at him and narrowed my eyes at his sudden arrogance.

            “What?” I demanded.

            “You’re so cute when you’re jealous,” he revealed, “I should have told you earlier if I knew that you were going to get jealous.  You’re just so cute, honey.”

            I rolled my eyes, “Shut up.  I’m not jealous.”

            “Yes, you are,” he said standing up.

            He then made his way towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to his body.  Oh, no.  I knew what this meant.  I knew what he wanted.  I immediately pulled away from him.  I missed one recording session because of him.  I couldn’t miss another one; Jessica and Yuri would kill me!

            “No,” I adamantly pointed a finger at him.

            “Aw, come on,” he whispered.

            He then began to plant butterfly kisses against my jawline and neck.  He knew that it was my weakness.  I felt shivers running up and down my spine as I nervously swallowed. 

            He added, “I love it when you get jealous—turns me on.”

            I was ready to give in again knowing that I only had 30 minutes to get to the studio before I was in for a beating from Yuri, Jessica, and my manager.  I was about to give in until I heard the doorbell ring.  That was a sign that I was not supposed to miss another recording.  I immediately pulled away from him again as he sighed in defeat.

            “Who is disturbing us?” he groaned, “They killed a moment.”

            I made my way down the stairs with my bag hung over my shoulder with gratefulness for this unexpected guest.  Seunghyun followed me from behind, and when I opened the door, I saw Kwon Jiyong with a sour look on his face.  He had a plastic grocery bag in his hands that contained a toothbrush, a few face wash products, and from what I could see, a pair of pajamas.

            “I’m going to have to sleep over tonight,” Jiyong revealed quietly, “Seunghyun ah, I’ll give you a ride to work.”

            Seunghyun put his arm around my shoulders as he began to laugh at the sight.

            “Oppa, what happened?” I asked with shock.

            I could already sense that something between Taeyeon and Jiyong happened.  But wasn’t it too early for an argument?  Taeyeon was never the type to argue, and in her words, a day should never be started on such a bad note.  That was what she always told the rest of the members when we would bicker as teenagers.

            “What does it look like, Yoona?” Seunghyun asked, “Taeyeon kicked his out of his own house.”

_______________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            I had already finished my part of the lyrics, and I passed them over to Jiyong, who approved it after fixing a few words.  I was a little curious as to why I was finishing my lyrics before Jiyong.  Jiyong was the one who could make an album in less than a week, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter