Last Dance

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s POV

I just didn’t want to speak to him. It’s been four days since Jiyong had cussed Baekhyun out, and I just didn’t know what to do. Baekhyun had sent out a lengthy text message to me in the morning apologizing for his actions, but I felt as if Jiyong should have apologized to him, too. He was drunk, he still had feelings for me, and Baekhyun just made a huge mistake. Although I was not with him, I believed that he should have been treated better. I was lying in bed with the covers over my body. I didn’t want to get out of bed or do anything. I just felt different these past few days.

Jiyong came out of the bathroom and stood there for a few seconds. He watched me stare at the white walls around me as he sighed deeply. I knew the drill. He needed to go to work, and he was going to be there for majority of the day. The girls were busy, too. Jessica, Yoona, and Yuri were wrapping up their promotions as a subunit. Their promotions were short, and SM only decided to cut it short because of the great success they had achieved. They were #1 on all the biggest charts, they already received a triple crown with or without a performance, and their music video had set a new record. On top of that, Yoona had to promote her drama until they finished airing the whole series. Sunny was becoming heavily involved with the production steps for Red Velvet, Tiffany and Seohyun had solo comebacks in the making, and Hyoyeon and Sooyoung had their own reality shows.

Everyone was busy except for me. I knew it was because I was pregnant when I wasn’t supposed to be, but I had never imagined a world in which I was trapped in a house during my pregnancy. Jiyong was the only face I saw on a daily basis, and we weren’t on good terms at the moment.

“Taeyeon, what is wrong with you?” Jiyong finally asked, “I apologize for yelling at that kid, okay? I was wrong. Is that what you wanted to hear?”

I refused to look at him in the eyes, and I continued to stare at the walls. My life has become very bleak—boring, miserable, and dreary. My life used to be filled with color, but now, it was just white—very plain.

I closed my eyes and slowly inhaled through my nose. I wanted to deliver my baby. I wanted to get out of the house. I wanted to be able to freely roam the streets without prying eyes. I just wanted to be free.

“I just don’t feel good today. I’ll stay in bed. Just go to work,” I mumbled.

_________________________________________

Jiyong’s POV

It was a very rare occasion that the five of us were actually together in the studio. We usually recorded our parts separately and then mashed the clips together to form a song, but our schedules cleared up today. We had finished rerecording a few parts of the new songs, and I gave the okay for the staff to release the image teasers online. Seunghyun didn’t want to release the image teasers until Yoona’s subunit finished up their promotions because he didn’t want to steal their ‘thunder’. I guess it was kind of sweet.

I looked online to see that the group image teaser had already garnered millions of views. I stared blankly at the computer screen as Seungri, Youngbae, and Daesung stood up from the sofa.

“We’re going to get something to eat at the cafeteria,” Seungri announced, “Do you two want anything?”
“Nah, Yoona made me lunch,” Seunghyun informed us.

I smiled, “I’m okay, too. I’m not hungry.”
“Alright,” Youngbae nodded as the three left the recording room and closed the door behind him.

I looked over at Seunghyun, who was rereading the lyric sheet for Last Dance. He was copiously involved in writing the lyrics for that song. I had never seen him so dedicated to a song, and I knew that this had to be personal for him. He rewrote his part over 20 times, and he often claimed that it had to be perfect. He finally reached perfection and submitted his lyrics, and I loved it.

“Have you showed the song to Yoona?” I questioned.

He chuckled, “No. She’s still pissed off at me that I didn’t tell her about my conscription letter. I feel like she’s trying to distance herself from me. She’s really stubborn.”

That was the same way I felt about Taeyeon. For the past few days, she had been so distant. She kept answers short, and she always stayed in bed. I had to guilt her into eating. I told her that she may not be hungry, but Jiyeon surely was. She’d force herself to eat, take a quick shower, and then go back to bed.

“What are you doing about it?” I cleared my throat.

He shrugged, “I try to make her laugh even though she wants to wrap her hands around my throat—whatever makes her smile, you know?”

I did try. I tried to make Taeyeon smile, but nothing was working. I bought her flowers, apologized millions of times, and tried to bring up funny events that we used to laugh about in the past, but nothing was working. I was growing frustrated, and I was afraid that I was losing her. What if she’s falling out of love? What if she realized that I had too much baggage?

“Why are you asking so many questions?” Seunghyun asked.

I frowned as I continued to refresh the webpage to see how many views our teasers were getting. Usually, I could distract my mind with work, but it wasn’t working anymore. All I could think about was Taeyeon. I had no idea how her mood shifted from completely normal to distressed in a few days. Sure, I may have screwed up by cussing out her ex, but I was trying my best to gain her forgiveness. She said she forgave me, but it just wasn’t the same.

“I don’t know, hyung,” I sighed, “Taeyeon has been acting odd. She doesn’t want to get out of bed.”

Seunghyun then looked at me with more seriousness in his eyes. He seemed very concerned when I said that.

“Jiyong, do you remember when you trapped yourself in the studio for your solo debut for days without talking to anyone?” Seunghyun reminded me.

“Yeah.”

He inquired, “How did you feel during that time?”

“Depressed,” I answered shortly.

“People deal with depression differently,” he explained, “You were depressed because of the stress and emptiness that you felt when you were going to release your first album. I felt depressed a few years ago because Mina left me. You responded by isolating yourself in the studio. She’s trying to isolate herself in her bedroom—just like what I did years ago. She’s depressed, Jiyong. I can only think of that reason.”

I narrowed my eyes as I tried to wrap my mind around Seunghyun’s assumption. Seunghyun went through the worst depression compared to the rest of the members. It lasted for a long time, and he had to take medication just to feel normal again. Even with the medications, he told me he felt like a robot. He couldn’t feel depressed, but he couldn’t feel happy either. I was grateful that he had finally found a source of happiness, but he frightened me when he said that Taeyeon might be experiencing the same thing.

“Why do you think she’s depressed?” I swallowed nervously.

“She’s trapped in a house, Jiyong,” Seunghyun responded, “She is a woman with a million-dollar voice, and she’s trapped in a house.”

That was when I knew that I had to find a way to fix this. I needed to fix it. I owed it to Taeyeon.

___________________________________________________

Yoona’s POV

Jessica had a photo shoot after we recorded our live goodbye performance, so Yuri and I decided to carpool together. Yuri was driving as I sat in the front passenger seat. Seunghyun told me that he had to be at the studio the whole day, and he also informed me that they were to release their teaser images today. The group image was released, which was weird because most artists unveiled their individual teasers followed by their group teaser, but Big Bang wasn’t like everyone else. He showed me all of his individual teasers on his phone, and I had to admit that he looked good. He wouldn’t let me listen to one of the songs, but I was very excited for them.

“So are you going to confess to oppa that you’re hopelessly in love with him?” Yuri asked.

Yuri talked to Jiyong about everything, and Yuri had been encouraging me for the past few days to have a serious conversation with Seunghyun. I just didn’t think it was necessary. Seunghyun tried to talk about it, but I just avoided him. I told him it was fine that he didn’t tell me about his conscription. I just didn’t want to make it seem as if I cared too much.

“There’s no point,” I responded.

Yuri raised a brow, “What? Really?”

“Yes, he’s going to leave for the military soon. He’s going to leave, and I’m going to be stuck here. We’re going to keep the marriage alive in the eyes of the public, then we’re going to divorce,” I stated, “What’s the point of telling him what I feel when he’s going to leave soon?”

“Because you’re crazily in love with him, you stupid,” Yuri rolled her eyes.

“I thought I was crazily in love with Seunggi. Look how that ended,” I shrugged.

Yuri lectured, “That’s different. Seunggi wanted to keep you in a bubble. He was selfish with you, and Seunghyun wants you to be happy. They’re completely different.”

“He’ll be happier if he leaves for service without any attachments,” I cleared my throat, “He’s been selfless with me, and I will be the same way with him.”

My phone vibrated, and I looked down at the screen. My shoulders relaxed as I read the message quietly. Yuri’s phone rang, too, and I fig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter