Priorities

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong’s POV

                  I had to act like everything was fine because now was not the time or place for me to sulk.  I had to admit that I did have that fantasy in my head that someday, Taeyeon might like me, but I knew it was a long shot.  I knew that she thought that I was only showing interest in her because I was going to have a child with her, and in reality, I didn’t know.  I always got along with her—even during our rookie days.  Then we started to have , which complicated everything, and now, I had this sudden interest in her.  I hated thinking of her with someone else, and I just got possessive.  I was resting on the sofa with my feet kicked up to the table as I watched the members of SNSD argue in the locked recording room.

                  Yeah, this was not ethical, but I didn’t want there to be bad blood between the group if we were going to link the two groups through marriage.  This was a teamwork effort, and I obviously didn’t want there to be tension during the wedding.  The wedding was nearing, and it was coming fast.

                  “What did I miss?” Daesung asked as he barged into the room, “I came as soon as I could.”

                  Youngbae pointed out, “Jessica brought up her departure from the group, and Tiffany called her a masochist for always bringing it up.  Jessica then said that Tiffany was nothing but Taeyeon’s minion, and she told Taeyeon that she disappointed her as a leader.  Yoona asked for them to stop, and Jessica told her that her weakness is that she’s too selfless.  She never defends herself.  Now, they’re arguing about the wedding.”

                  “Whoa, Jessica is going at it, huh?” Daesung gasped as he took a seat beside Seunghyun, “I hope they resolve this before the bachelor and bachelorette party tonight.”

                  Seungri rolled his eyes, “It was supposed to be a surprise!”

                  Daesung’s eyes widened as he smiled at Seunghyun apologetically.  Seunghyun didn’t want a bachelor party, and we figured that he’d only go if he didn’t know what was happening until he was actually at the party.  He was adamant on skipping out on this party because in his eyes, this was an arranged marriage.  I had to disagree; I knew that he was a good actor, but there was something in his eyes when he proposed to Yoona.  He even talked to her father first, which was over the top.

                  “I don’t want to go,” Seunghyun crossed his arms, “I have a lot to do for the wedding.”

                  “You’re going,” I stated, “We cleared our schedules for tonight, and we pulled all of the strings we could pull to rent out the whole club.”

                  “Shh!” Seungri shushed us, “This is getting good.  Turn the audio up.”

                  Youngbae obliged and turned the audio from the recording room up. 

                  “Why did they bring us all together?” Jessica asked with anger in her tone, “Why did Big Bang get involved with this mess?  You never told me, Taeyeon.  Who is the father?  I know it’s not Baekhyun.  Who is it?  Seunghyun?  Is Yoona getting married to him because of an even more twisted reason?”

                  I saw an uncomfortable look appear on Seunghyun’s face as he tried to imagine a world in which he was in my shoes.  Nope.  Not even close.  Even I could not picture this man impregnating a woman.  He was afraid of having children, and he proclaimed himself to lack ‘father material’ qualities.

                  “No…unnie,” Yoona answered, “It’s not him.”

                  Jessica guessed, “Daesung?  Seungri?”

                  Silence.

                  “Oh God, it’s Kwon Jiyong, isn’t it?” Jessica gasped as she put her hand over , “You got pregnant by the resident bad boy of k-pop, and you two are just trying to cover your asses.”

                  “Jessica, stop,” Taeyeon begged.

                  Jessica didn’t listen.  “How selfish can you be?  You didn’t think about Yoona!  You only thought of yourself!”

                  I was ready to barge into that room and give Jessica a piece of my mind, but I saw the look of determination on Taeyeon’s face.  She tightened her fist and stood up with a straight posture.  With her chin up, she sharply inhaled.

                  “I get it, okay?” Taeyeon fired back, “I am a selfish who doesn’t think about others, but this is not a fairytale, Sica.  I am not a damsel in distress waiting to be rescued by my prince.  I am Kim Taeyeon, and I am pregnant whether you like it or not.  I will have this baby, and don’t you even think that I didn’t consider Yoona and her feelings throughout this process.  I only agreed for her to do this because it will protect my baby from the ugliness of the world and I know that Seunghyun and Yoona could pull this off.  Don’t come here and point out my flaws because you’re not perfect either!  Are you onboard or not?  You can jump ship whenever you want!  We all want you to stay, but if you’re going to hate the fact that I am pregnant or even show a little speck of hate for my baby, I don’t want you in my life.  All of the members already love this baby as much as I do, and I only want the same from you.”

                  Jessica had a strong expression on her face, but that barrier finally broke, and she burst into tears.  Yuri hugged her as Taeyeon stared with tears running down her cheeks.  I didn’t know why, but even I was crying.  I turned to my own members to see that Youngbae was smiling with happiness, and Seunghyun was watching while looking as if he was about to choke on his emotions.  Daesung and Seungri, on the other hand, were showing shameless tears.

                  “I was so angry that I didn’t even realize that you’re actually going to have a baby,” Jessica admitted, “A real baby who cries, smiles, and laughs.  I’m sorry, Taeyeon.  I’m sorry for being so defensive.  I really want to reunite with the group, and I didn’t realize that there would be fans out there who may want to harm the baby if they were to find out about him or her.  I’m so sorry.”

                  I watched all of them apologize for what they said, and I had to say that we all felt a little accomplished to see their problems resolved.  Seungri unlocked the door and entered the room to join them in on their group hug.  I rolled my eyes to see that he went on Seohyun’s side and hugged them from behind Seohyun.  Seunghyun chuckled to himself to see Seohyun elbow him with an angry look on her face.  It seemed as if their possible romance was still a secret.

                  Jessica removed herself from the group hug and slowly made her way to me.  She had a smile on her face, and I didn’t know if she was mad or happy with me.  I took a step back because her smile now looked creepy.  She truly did have that ice princess look.

                  “Jiyong oppa, let me thank you,” she smiled.

                  Taeyeon pressed both hands against to see Jessica give me the hardest slap I had ever received on my face.  I was dumbfounded and shocked at what the hell just happened.  I pressed my hand against my burning cheek as I stared in horror at SNSD’s resident ice princess.

                  “That’s for locking all of us in this room!” Jessica yelled, “And that’s also for getting one of my best friends pregnant!  Have you not heard of something called protection?”
                  She went on and on, but I slowly stopped listening.  I met eyes with Taeyeon with apparent horror that her friend was nagging at me like she was my mother.  Taeyeon burst out laughing.  I thought Jessica was laid back; I guess I was wrong.  She was worse than Tiffany! 

__________________________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

                  “What the hell are you doing?” I growled as I pulled Jiyong away from the trashy woman he was kissing.

                  The music was blaring loudly, the crowd had filled the dance floor, and the lights were flashing even single inch of the club that we were in.  The woman, who was a foreigner, glared at me for taking Jiyong away from her.  I signaled for security to kick her out of the place.  It should be me drinking and getting wasted, but instead it was Jiyong.  I pushed him into an empty room as he stumbled onto the sofa.

                  “Do you really want Taeyeon to hear about that?” I said as I slammed the door, “I’m getting married to Yoona so that you could lay low about Taeyeon’s pregnancy.  I am not doing it so that you can get yourself into another scandal.”
                  “Hyung…” he slurred.

                  I could not believe him.  I was sacrificing a lot for him to hide their baby from the public eye, and he was ruining his chance.   I sighed with disappointment as Jiyong covered his face with his hands. 

                  “It’s not working, hyung,” he whispered to me.

                  I looked at him, “What’s not working?  Are you high or something?  Jiyong, you promised us no more drugs!”

                  “I’ve been clean, okay?” he defensively retorted, “I’ve been clean ever since I broke up with Kiko…but it’s just not working.”

                  “I have no idea what the hell you are talking about,” I shook my head.

                  “When Kiko and I would break up, I would use another woman to cope with my broken heart.  I kissed that girl, and I felt nothing.  All I could think of was Taeyeon’s face.  What the hell is happening to me, hyung?” he confessed.

                  I frowned as I looked at Jiyong with sympathy.  He was really falling for her, huh?  I crouched down to his level and put my hands on his shoulders.

                  “Did you tell her?” I asked.

                  He nodded, “Yes, but she won’t accept me.  She won’t accept me because I’m not good enough.”

                  “Then prove yourself to her,” I advised, “I am not going to tell you that sulking about it will get you anywhere because it won’t.  You two are expecting a child together, but you have never romanced her.  You never proved yourself to her, so why should she believe you that you actually do have feelings for her?”

________________________________________________

Yoona’s POV

                  We had a lot of requests for an interview, and I had to admit that I was surprised to hear that YG Entertainment was the one who agreed to an interview first.  There were a lot of requirements though:  the host had to be Yoo Jaesuk, there would be a time limit of 30 minutes allowed, and if Seunghyun and I felt uncomfortable, we had the right to decline a question or even leave without the segment making it in during editing.  Also, the edited version of the interview had to be approved by both SM and YG Entertainment.

                  I had just finished looking through my Instagram feed.  It was unbelieveable that the Big Bang members were fighting for the position as the best man because I was almost sure that Seunghyun would choose Daesung.  I was sitting beside Seunghyun as the cameramen and staff began to adjust their equipment.  I looked at Seunghyun to see that he was wearing a matching outfit with mine.  His stylist was different from mine, and I assumed that he tried to match with me on purpose.  I frowned to see that he was wearing a pair of khaki pants and a white long sleeved shirt.  I was wearing a pair of khaki capris, and my shirt almost looked identical to his.  The only difference was that my shirt was rolled up to my forearms. 

                  “Did you try to match with me?  I don’t want to look like a cheesy couple!” I gasped at him.

                  He rolled his eyes at me, “Don’t flatter yourself.  This was a mere coincidence.”

                  “You’re lying,” I whispered, “ You have to change.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter