Diversion

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

                  Everything was a mess.  I could not believe that a group of saesangs had broken into the dorm and looked through the members’ items.  Tiffany was a mess, Jessica was trying to keep everything together, and Taeyeon was fairly quiet about the whole scandal.  I knew she was trying to stay calm for Jiyeon’s sake, but I knew she was struggling.  Jiyong had deleted her Instagram app from her phone so that she wouldn’t read the horrid comments that a bunch of Jiyong’s fans were writing on her photos.  She even considered deleting her account all together, but the other members convinced her to stop.  Even though there were some anti-fans, there were still some loyal fans who were supporting her.  We told her that it would ride out.  It was not going to be permanent.

                  I had just finished filming a scene with Mina, and she insisted that we have dinner together.  In honesty, that was the last thing that I wanted to do, but because I wanted to ensure a professional environment while we were at work, I agreed reluctantly.  We were seated on the best table in a fancy, trendy Japanese sushi restaurant, and our orders just arrived.  Mina wanted to order for the two of us, so I just let her.  I was not in the mood to argue or fight.

                  The waiter brought in a bottle of sake and poured it gently.  When he was about to pour it into my little cup, I put my hand up signaling that I did not want to drink any sake tonight.  The server graciously nodded at me with understanding as another server came and set a few plates of sushi before us. 

                  Mina was observing me—watching my every single move, and I took this as the perfect time to enact what YG and SM wanted me to do.  I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as I reached for my glass of water.  She tilted her head at me and studied me intently.  Oh, I bet I was boggling her mind right now.  I just wished that I were able to smile.  Instead, I gave her a curious look as I leaned forward a little.

                  “Is there something wrong, unnie?” I asked.

                  Yeah, she told me to call her unnie.  Seunghyun hated it and told me to ignore that request, but I took on the invitation to call her that because it pissed Seunghyun off.  She then forced a smile on her face as she placed her napkin on her lap.

                  “It’s nothing,” she chuckled, “It’s just that you refused alcohol.  You didn’t touch any of the raw sushi.  It’s like you’re pregnant or something.”

                  I coughed against my forearm and then sat up straight.  I did not know what Mina had on her agenda for her to invite me.  Then I figured out what it was.  She wanted to know if what I had with Seunghyun was real.  Oh, I’ll give her something to think about.

                  “I’m not pregnant—as far as I know,” I raised my shoulders, “but Seunghyun insists on having children right away.”

                  Okay, that was a lie.  I was sure of it.

                  “But I told him that we should start having children after his military service,” I continued, “In fact, he wants a lot of children.  I just don’t want to drink alcohol because I forgot to take my birth control pills for three days.  If I am pregnant, I don’t want to bring harm to the baby.”

                  Another lie.  I never forgot to take my birth control pills.

                  She gaped, “You forgot?”

                  “Yeah,” I nodded, “When you’re in the heat of the moment, you can only think about one thing, right?”

                  She nearly choked on her sake, and she dabbed her napkin softly against her lips carefully so that she would not smudge her perfect, pink lipstick.  Soojoo told me that Mina had a way of getting into your head.  She’d pretend to be your friend, and she’d use what she learned about you against you.  I just told her that I might be pregnant.  Hopefully, Soojoo was right and that Mina would spread that to her famous friends.  Her famous friends would then leak it to reporters, and Taeyeon’s little scandal with Jiyong about their photo together would drop—even if it were by a little.

____________________________________________

Taeyeon’s POV

                  This was my sixth month of pregnancy.  I was getting bigger, and I was in no condition to be stressing out.  I wanted Jiyeon to be safe, and I wanted her to be healthy…BUT it was so damned difficult.  I knew that if the public knew about my pregnancy, I would be scrutinized for being a tramp who got pregnant without marriage.  I would be the who stole their beloved G-Dragon.  I would be the scheming who was on an agenda.

                  I didn’t care as much as I did in the beginning though.  All that mattered was that my daughter was born into this world safely and that she’d live in a safe environment without scrutiny.  I put my hand over my belly and felt Jiyeon kicking me.  Ah, I couldn’t wait to see her.  Three more months and she would be in my arms.

                  I stared down at my phone to see that Baekhyun had sent me various text messages.  Like always, I deleted them before Jiyong could find them.  The last thing that I wanted to do was argue with Jiyong.  It felt like all we’ve been doing for the past few weeks was arguing.  I absolutely hated it.  Jiyong was at another meeting with the board members, and I was a little bothered that I was not included.  Sure, I was pregnant, but they could have connected me via video call.  All I ever did was stay at home, and I was bored out of my mind.  Then my phone rang again.  I was expecting it to be Baekhyun, but I saw an unknown number.  I didn’t have this number saved onto my phone.

                  “Hello?” I answered.

                  A woman answered, “Hello, Taeyeon sshi?  This is Sohee.”

______________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

                  I didn’t know if Im Yoona was irresponsible or just stupid.  She didn’t bring her car to have dinner with Mina.  Why the hell would she agree to have dinner with Mina alone?  I rolled my eyes as I parked my car to the side.  I had to park far from the restaurant she was in because there was no parking nearby.  I locked my car and then stuffed my hands into my coat.  I had just finished filming a scene between the twins meaning that it took double the time because I was playing two characters.  The body doubles were there to complete the illusion, and after seeing the beginning of the editing, I thought it looked quite believable. 

                  Yoona told me that she’d take a cab, but I knew that Mina would offer her a ride home.  The last thing I wanted was Mina to know where I lived.  I knew this was all part of her diabolical plan.  I had put a baseball cap on and a facemask with hopes that no one would spot me.  Luckily, everyone was so busy on their phones that no one noticed that it was me.  I opened the restaurant door and immediately saw Yoona and Mina.  From the looks of it, they were fighting over the bill.  Yoona held the bill in her hands tightly as Mina tried to take it away from her.  I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a few bills from my wallet and slammed it against the table once I reached them. 

                  Mina’s eyes widened with surprise to see me, and Yoona began to giggle loudly, which was very uncharacteristic of her.  She then stood up and kissed me briefly on the lips after she pulled my mask down with her slender fingers.  I felt my face turn red, and Mina took note of my reaction right away.  She was thinking that I was not comfortable with Yoona yet. 

                  “Honey, there are people around,” I nervously laughed.

                  Yoona then grabbed my hand and interlaced my fingers with hers, “You weren’t shy last night, oppa.”

                  What was she talking about?  We didn’t do anything last night!  She was so tired from filming that as soon as we got home, she took a shower and went to sleep. 

                  Wait, I knew what she was doing.  The only time Yoona actually got flirty and a bit erted with me was when Mina was around or if the agencies told us to pull off the married couple image for the public.  Yoona didn’t like to admit it, but she was actually quite possessive.

                  “We need to get going,” I cleared my throat.

                  There was something else that we had to do.  I didn’t think SM told Yoona yet, but they had a way of cleaning up the mess that had unfolded over the past few days.

_________________________________________

Jiyong’s POV

                  “Don’t worry too much,” Hyun Suk assured me, “Mino is strong enough to take this.  We got really lucky, Jiyong.  We need to take that luck and use it.  We can’t let it waste away.”

                  I was so confused.  I was called into my boss’s office, and when he told me that he knew the perfect cover up to the leaked photos that were spread by those saesang fans, I was hesitant.  I thought that best move was to stop and keep quiet.  I thought that I should lay low and now say a word to the media, but hyung was insisting that we bring in another couple to this mess.

                  “It’s not fair for him,” I defended, “He’s a rookie, hyung.  He’s still a kid, and he has a lot to accomplish.”

                  Hyun Suk chuckled, “This is beneficiary for all sides, Jiyong.  You must understand that.  I thought that if we released a SM-YG couple, there would be havoc, and there was at first, but we had our stocks go up—the highest in years!  Yoona and Seunghyun are our lucky charm.  I believe that Mino and Irene will be the next.”

                  I had no idea that Irene from Red Velvet and Mino had been secretly seeing each other for six months.  I had no idea that they were even compatible, but I shouldn’t be surprised.  Taeyeon and I were opposites with the same goals in life.  Our only difference was that I’d rather go out, and she’d rather stay in.  Even Yoona and Seunghyun were different, but so similar at the same time. 

                  “Do you understand that you’re setting them up?” I sighed, “You anonymously tipped off Dispatch that they were going to meet today.  This is crazy, hyung.”

                  He explained, “Jiyong, this is for the sake of the company, your unborn child, and everyone else’s careers.  We got lucky that the picture that was released of you and Taeyeon was masked and blurry.  Who looks like you?  Mino.  Who looks like Taeyeon?  Irene.  We can say that it was them in the photos.  Besides, they’re a real couple.  They won’t even know that we’re doing this to trick the public away from Taeyeon’s pregnancy.  Seunghyun and Yoona are meeting with the two right now.”

                  I just didn’t feel right about this.  Sure, maybe this would help Mino and Irene in their careers because I was sure that SM and YG would pay them back with the same media play they had used on Yoona and Seunghyun, but they were a real couple.  I didn’t want them to lose their privacy. 

___________________________________________

Yoona’s POV

                  I was full because I had eaten with Mina, but Seunghyun forced me to a barbeque restaurant.  I couldn’t even look at the food without wanting to hurl, and for the first time in years, I was saying no to this meal.  Seunghyun brought me in here, and led me to a table with two occupants.  My eyes nearly bulged out of my eye sockets, and my jaw was probably down to the floor.  I saw Irene and Mino…together…sitting beside each other.  I slowly lowered my body to take a seat as my eyes darted back and forth from Irene to Mino.  I tried setting them up…I tried, but Irene said that she wasn’t interested.

                  “What the hell?” I silently cursed, “You two are together?  Why was I not informed?  Oh, my God.  I thought I had failed as a matchmaker because of you two!”

                  As the visual and center of the group, Irene was troubled, so she often would call and text me about what she should do when she had problems.  Sometimes, she’d feel worthless to the group.  Other times, she felt talentless, but I tried my best to help her with what I learned over the few years.  I met Mino during one of Jiyong’s parties.  That was when Taeyeon and Jiyong had started their ‘friends with benefits’ relationship, and Taeyeon dragged me along with her to Jiyong’s house.  Mino was there, and I swore that he was Jiyong—until I got a closer look at him. 

                  “Hi, noona,” Mino bowed his head.

                  Irene grinned, “Hello, unnie.  I haven’t seen you in weeks.”

                  Seunghyun pulled out a chair for me, and I took a seat.  Seunghyun then sat beside me, and all I could look at was both Irene and Mino.  Whoa.  They really were dating.  I could tell just by looking at how they looked at each other.  They were…in love.  I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach as I squealed in excitement.

                  “I spotted these two earlier,” Seunghyun revealed, “They were in a mall together.  Rookies, huh?”
                  Seunghyun was referring to the fact that they had gone out in public together.  That was something that they should have not done and should have reserved on a later time when they were both older.  To go out in public was like asking for the paparazzi to catch you, so I guess that was why Seunghyun had dragged them into this restaurant.  Seunghyun was a close friend of the owner, and the private room was reserved for us.

                  “Ah, don’t do that,” I shook my head, “That was how I got caught with Lee Seungg—”

                  I then stopped midsentence.  I looked over at Seunghyun with an embarrassed smile as he rolled his eyes at me.  Mino and Irene immediately burst out in laughter to see that I was just about to mention my ex-boyfriend to my husband. 

                  I breathed in changing the subject, “Anyways, be careful, you two.  If you two would like, you can always use our house as a place to meet up.”

                  “Excuse me?  You mean my house?” Seunghyun questioned.

                  “What’s yours is mine, and what’s mine is yours, right?” I grinned.

                  He hated that saying when I’d brin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter