Uncovered

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s POV

“I’m sorry, honey,” I apologized.

Jiyong smiled weakly at me as he gave me a quick peck on the lips. We had just come back from my doctor’s appointment with Dr. Lee. At almost eight months, Dr. Lee advised against going on a plane, so Jiyong was a bit disappointed that I could not accompany him to Hong Kong and Japan for his tour like what Yoona was doing. Seunghyun seemed very excited that Yoona had cleared her schedule to come with him during the tour, and I knew that Jiyong was a bit envious. Yoona didn’t tell Seunghyun that she was trying to spend every single second she could with her husband before he left for the military—even though she made it clear that she was irritated with him at the moment.

Jiyong spoke, “I don’t mind. I just want our precious Jiyeon to be delivered safely. Two more months, baby.”

Jiyong then put his hand over my belly and looked at me in my eyes. I felt like he was staring at the universe when he looked at me. I was carrying his child, and one day, we would get married. Everything was going well for us at the moment. Kiko was doing well, Yoona and Seunghyun were great, and Jiyeon was growing healthily. For once, everything was how it should be.

“Are you still coming to the concert tonight?” Jiyong asked me.

Tonight was the concert to kick off the tour. The concert was sold out, and many celebrities were going to be present. Jiyong had worked hard with the other members for this concert, and I was excited to see the fruits of their labor.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” I grinned, “Of course, I’ll have to hide in the VIP box.”

If the world saw my pregnant body, they’d lose it. SM and YG already made arrangements for a private VIP box for the concert venue. I had to take a different entrance, and I wasn’t allowed to leave until the venue was cleared out.

“It won’t be like that forever. I promise I’ll fix this. You’ll be able to watch me on stage freely,” he vowed.

I didn’t know how long that was going to take. I didn’t know if the fans would ever forgive us for lying to them. I pretended to be on hiatus to spend time with my family when in reality, I was on hiatus so that the public would not see my pregnant belly.

He added, “We’ll get our happy ending.”

____________________________________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

When I got home, Yoona was curled up in the sofa with a thick blanket over her body. She was drinking a cup of steaming tea, and she was watching television. She normally greeted me when she got home before I did, but she was just staring at the television without a single peep. She didn’t even look in my direction.

“Yoona ah, I’m home,” I called out.

She slowly turned to me and frowned. What was she so upset about? She had been ignoring my calls all day, and she was giving me short replies when I texted her. Yoona normally was not like this, so something had to be wrong. Was she going to act like this at the concert today? It was only a few hours after noon, and I had to be at the venue in two hours.

Yoona returned to her television show, and I sat on the sofa beside her. I tried to lean in for a kiss, but she pressed her finger against my lips to stop me. I sighed loudly to realize that she was still giving me the silent treatment because I refused to tell her why I broke up with Mina. It was just something that I didn’t like to speak about much.

“Are you going to continue acting like this?” I sighed loudly.

She narrowed her eyes at me, “I tell you everything about me, but there is so much I still do not know about you. It’s unfair.”
“I’m not lying to you. I’m not cheating you, and I’m not hurting you. What I had with Mina is completely over,” he promised me, “She only wants what she can no longer have.”

Yoona kept silent as she looked away from me. She stared blankly at the television, and if I was not mistaken, she was pouting. I leaned in closer to Yoona and rested my chin against her shoulder lightly.

“She keeps on doing that to me,” Yoona finally spoke, “She makes me feel inferior because there’s something that she knows about you that I don’t know. We’re married! I should know everything about you.”

I wrapped my arms around her waist and then started to kiss the side of her neck. She tried to pull away, but she eventually gave in and started to laugh loudly. Her melodious giggles filled the room, and I found a big, goofy smile on my face. All I had to do was kiss her, and I felt so young.

“You shouldn’t care about her,” I whispered, “She can’t compare to you. You have something that she never had and will never have.”

She responded, “What is that?”

“You have my heart, Yoona,” I assured her, “I love you, and I am so in love with you. I can’t think of anyone I love more than my wife. I don’t want to love anyone more than I love you.”
Yoona climbed onto my lap and interlaced her fingers behind my neck. Her eyes locked with mine before she began to comb her fingers through my hair.

“You always know what to say, huh?” Yoona raised a brow.

“Only with you,” I smiled at her.

________________________

Jiyong’s POV

“Are you okay, hyung?” Seungri put his hand over my shoulder.

I nodded with a nervous smile on my face. I could hear the roaring crowd just outside those curtains. It was less than two minutes before we had to emerge on stage. I just felt this anxiety in my chest, and I couldn’t figure it out. I felt like something was not right. Taeyeon didn’t trigger anything for me, and for the most part, everything was just fine.

“Let’s do this,” I sighed deeply as I held my microphone in my hand tightly.

I heard the opening beat to Bang Bang Bang, and our platforms began to rise. Taeyang must have sensed my apprehension because he gave me an encouraging smile. Seunghyun and Daesung looked forward after they gave me reassuring looks. They knew that I was a perfectionist, and I was the most nervous when it came to live performances…but something else just felt weird. I couldn’t put my finger on it.

The curtains opened, and I heard the crowd cheering so loudly for us. I looked up at the VIP box to see Taeyeon’s silhouette. She was with Jessica, and SM Entertainment announced that all SNSD members would attend the concert except for Jessica and Taeyeon. They made up a story that Jessica was going to visit family and that Taeyeon was still on her hiatus. When I saw her silhouette, a sense of calmness filled my body, and a smile appeared on my face.

“Are you ready, Korea?” I shouted loudly as they cheered even more.

There was a small section of high profile attendees like the SNSD members, CL, Dara, members from WINNER, iKon, BLACKPINK, and other celebrities including actors, models, and public figures. I chuckled to myself when Seunghyun started his rap part. He made his way to Yoona’s section and began to dance as if he was dancing in front of a mirror. The cameras panned to Yoona, who was blushing heavily and laughing loudly, while Sooyoung began to poke her teasingly.

I then looked up at Taeyeon’s section. She was hidden behind glass in a dark room. The fans surely didn’t know that she was there, and to throw them off, she took pictures of Ginger and her little sister to post for Instagram to make it seem as if she was with her family the whole day. I saw Taeyeon give me a thumbs up as I smiled and looked away. Maybe I was just overreacting.

____________________________________

Taeyeon’s POV

I was having fun watching Jiyong perform with s. Jessica and I were alone in the room, and we had to get in here before the concert venue opened. Jiyong made constant glances over in my direction, and it was small gestures like that, which made my heart flutter. I knew he was worried that I was going to get caught, but we were very careful.

“He’s very lucky to have you, you know?” Jessica grinned.

I replied, “A lot of people would say that it’s the opposite. He’s this talented person who has a lot of money, fans, and fame. Everyone wants him.”
Jessica and I watched carefully as Big Bang continued to sing their song, “Fantastic Baby”. They seemed to be having a lot of fun, and all I could do was smile that Jiyong was finally carefree even if it was for that little while. They were dancing their choreography with their own touches, and it was really cute.

“They’re right that he’s talented, rich, and famous,” Jessica agreed, “But so are you. Fans don’t see that you’re a loving person who stands up for what is right, Taeyeon. I see it, and the rest of the members see it. I wish you’d see it.”

I didn’t have much confidence in myself. Sure, Jiyong helped me with my issues about myself, but I was still a work in progress. I wanted Jiyeon to grow up with a great role model. I didn’t want her to think that her mother was weak-willed. I wanted her to know that I was a strong woman, and I was going to be there for her no matter what.

“What are your plans?” Jessica asked.

I couldn’t tell Jessica about Jiyong’s problem. I also didn’t know how to say that I was still trying to convince Jiyong to reveal his hearing problem so that he could become exempt from his military duty. I didn’t want him to avoid his responsibilities for my own selfish reasons; I wanted him to become exempt for his own safety. I didn’t want him to become harmed.

“We’re still discussing it,” I finally spoke, “He really wants to go to the United States because he has a long line of singers and producers who want to work with him, but I don’t want to give up the comfort of Korea. I feel safe here.”
_______________________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

We were in the middle of a song when I knew that something was wrong. The song was going to come to an end, but Jiyong missed his part. I looked over at him and noticed that my other members also realized that something was wrong about Jiyong. I was utterly confused, and I quickly gave a look to Seungri. Seungri was notorious for stealing Jiyong’s parts during concerts, and when his eyes met with mine, he started to sing in Jiyong’s part. The crowd laughed at how comedic Seungri was acting.

We were near the end of the show, but I wasn’t even sure if we could give an encore because of what was wrong with Jiyong. I had no idea what he was thinking, and this was not something that we could discuss in front of thousands of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter