Starting Point

Behind the Curtain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Top Social Media Updates:

 

Yoona’s POV

            I was lying to Taeyeon.  When I said that I was okay, I really wasn’t.  I was terrified.  I knew that the fans were going to hate me at first.  The first step in YG and SM’s plan was to keep quiet about it for a few days.  They weren’t going to defend me for that while, and I was alone for those few days.  I had already received threatening messages.  I received death threats that told me to keep away from their ‘oppa’.  I was told to never even look at him again otherwise I’d regret it.  Of course, I still had fans who defended me, and I was just thankful for my fans who stuck with me through thick and thin.

            “We’re getting a prenuptial agreement,” Seunghyun informed me rudely.

            I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms against my chest.  I tried to suggest a fake marriage, but the agencies didn’t want the media to find out that we went through with a fake marriage.  They wanted an authentic marriage with a real officiate.  They said that they wouldn’t take the risk; there would always be someone who would try to discredit the marriage and relationship, and the agencies were taking all of the precautions.

            “Of course,” I retorted, “Do you really think that I need any of your money?  I’m not like those other gold diggers you’re used to.”

            What an insult!  Did he really think that I was doing this to get his money?  Did he not know that I was well endowed, too?  I rolled my eyes again at him as he gripped onto the steering wheel.  I did my research on Choi Seunghyun once I found out that he was my soon-to-be husband.  I already knew that he was a little weird.  Maybe he had a loose screw or something. 

            When his mother found out that we were ‘together’, she quickly insisted that we meet up right away.  She suggested that I stay over for the weekend, and in honesty, I was a little hesitant.  Why did she want me to stay for the whole weekend?  And why did Seunghyun look so shocked once she made the suggestion?

            Both agencies quickly agreed that I should spend some time with the Choi family because in their eyes, it would boost my image.  Most of all, Seunghyun’s family didn’t know that he wasn’t really in love with me. 

            “Just try to impress my mother.  She’s very hard to please,” he reminded me.

            I nodded, “ Yes, I’m really good when it comes to mothers.”
            “Really?  That’s hard to believe,” he remarked.

            He was an .  I could not believe that I was going to have to marry an like him.

_____________________________

Taeyeon’s POV

            “Taeyeon, will you listen to me?” he asked me.

            I could not believe that I was crying in front this man.  I brushed his grip away from me.  Why did I start that kind of relationship with him?  My friends always told me that I was too uptight.  I needed to be the responsible one.  I was the leader of SNSD, so I had to be responsible.  In reality, I was even more uptight that Seohyun.  In front of the cameras, I did my best to show an easygoing image, but it was all a façade.  I was careful because I was the leader, and it was difficult…but I screwed up.  All it took was one mistake.

            “Why did you let them do it?” I said with tears staining my cheeks, “Gosh, I’m ruining Yoona’s life.  I told you that I didn’t want to pull through with this!  You didn’t listen to me!”

            Jiyong sighed, “Taeyeon…I talked to Seunghyun hyung and Yoona separately.  They’re fine with it.  Just believe me when I say it.”

            I was messing up Yoona’s life.  She had just broke up with Lee Seunggi, and she never told me why they broke up.  I figured that it was because of his military service.  He was the perfect guy—well mannered, kind, and polite.  What more could a woman want from a man?  What if they never got back together because of this wedding?  I couldn’t let it happen!

            “Taeyeon, it’s done already!” he finally yelled, “Stop panicking.  I feel guilty, too, and we’ll probably have to thank them for the rest of our lives, but I agreed to it because as the father of our child, I agreed to this because this scandal protects the both of you.”

            What was he talking about?  He just wanted to save his !  He didn’t want to let go of Big Bang because without the group, he would lose popularity.  I would have been lying if I said that I didn’t think of the alternative.  As horrible as it sounded, I thought of abortion.  Was I really ready to become a mother?  I was afraid because I knew that deep down I would not be able to take care of another human being.  I decided against it when I saw how excited Jiyong was when he found out I was pregnant.

            Kwon Jiyong was probably the nosiest person I knew.  I tried to hide the pregnancy from him; I really tried my hardest, but he snooped around a lot when I had a sudden change in my behavior.  He suspected that I was pregnant, and when I told him that I wasn’t, he presented me three pregnancy tests and told me to prove it.  He didn’t even give me space to pee on those pregnancy tests in private.  He insisted on being in the bathroom with me, and after a lot of bickering, I managed to get him to turn around and face the wall while I did the deed.

            “How are you protecting me and this baby?” I cried out, “Jiyong, I know that you still want Big Bang.”
            He clenched his jaw, “Taeyeon, I’m going to be honest.  Yes, I don’t want Big Bang to end, and I also don’t want SNSD to disband.  I know that music is important to you.  Most of all, have you thought of the future of our baby?  As a mother, would you let the public know about our baby?  You know how hateful and bitter our world is.  Don’t throw our baby out to the wolves.  Yoona and Seunghyun are the safety nets and shields.  They both agreed mostly because they don’t want our baby to face so much hate as soon as he or she is born.  Even if it’s only for a few years, I want to shield our baby from the consequences of our mistake.”

            I wiped the tears with the back of my hand.  I never thought of that.  SM and YG said that they’d hide the baby until we thought it was okay to reveal to the public that we have a child.  I knew that the fans would feel betrayed, but Jiyong said that we’d cross that bridge when the time came.

            “Let them take care of us,” Jiyong gently pleaded, “They already agreed.  Just don’t try to stop it.”

__________________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            I opened the door to our vacation house in Jeju Island.  The house was a cozy 3-bedroom home that we often liked to visit during the spring and summer.  Sometimes, we’d visit during the winter for Christmas, but otherwise, we’d like to spend the holidays in Seoul.  Before I even called my mother’s name out, I took Yoona’s hand and interlaced my fingers with hers.  She looked at me with an uncomfortable expression on her face.  She looked at me as if she was disgusted.  Ha!  There are hundreds of girls out there who would kill to be in her spot.  She was acting like this was difficult.

            “Umma!” I called out.

            “Seunghyun ah, we’re in the kitchen!”

            The open windows let in the fresh beach breeze, and some of the breeze blew Yoona’s hair back.  I finally got a closer look at her; I understood why she was given a goddess nickname.  I had to admit that she was pretty—gorgeous even.  A lot of my female friends had gotten plastic surgery, and I never judged them for that.  Although I often teased Yoona that she probably got plastic surgery, I knew that she probably didn’t get anything done.  First of all, she pointed out that she never had time to get anything done.  I saw SNSD’s schedule, and it was crazy.  Along with Yoona’s individual schedule, it was absolutely hectic!  And most of all, I had a feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter