Fifteen

[EDITING] Rapprochement: Hyun Family Eomma and Son
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol stood in front of Baekhyun's room, and just as he was about to raise his hand to knock, he hesitated, so he opted to turn the knob to check if the door was locked. From the years that they've known each other, Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun leaves his room unlocked, apart from rare instances wherein he wanted to be left alone. As expected, Baekhyun's room was locked so he assumed Baekhyun needed some time alone.

Chanyeol came back to his room a few minutes after.

 

 

Baekhyun could feel his heart continuously constrict in pain; however, no matter how much he wanted to cry, his eyes were already drained. His head started to throb and his body felt lifeless. He cradled his head on his hands and massaged his temples to somehow lessen the pain.

In the midst of his ordeal, he heard a knock on the door. He had no energy left to stand up, so he ignored the sound and put a pillow over his ears. The rhythmic knocking went on and finally, it dawned upon him.

Chanyeol?

Baekhyun and Chanyeol created a unique pattern of knocking that the two of them only know, so they can avoid unwanted visitors.

He slowly stood up and opened the door; his bestfriend was nowhere in sight. The moment he stepped out, he almost tripped on an object blocking his path. On the floor was a tray containing chocolates, choco milk and pudding, along with a note. He looked around, just to be sure, then picked up the tray.

 

Baekhyun sat on the edge of his bed to read the letter. 

 

 

Baekhyun, I don't know if I can help you with your problem, but I can promise that you won't have to face them alone. I am and will always be here for you.

 

 

Baekhyun folded the paper and closed his eyes. Once the first tear broke free, the rest followed in a seemingly endless stream. He peeled off the packaging of the pudding, and ate spoonfulls in between sobs. His shoulders were shaking and he was crying uncontrollably, to the point that he was gasping for air.

 

 ~~~

 

Taehyung wasn't oblivious of the hate that Baekhyun received when his dating scandal came out. He wanted to talk to his mother, but the feeling of betrayal clouded his judgment.

He lied to me, so he should come to me first. I won't talk to him until he explains everything.

 

The other BTS members were in the living room watching a variety show but Taehyung wasn't in the mood to join them. From his bedroom, he could hear the cheers and laughs reverberating through the walls. The noise was too much that he couldn't sleep, so he rolled around his bed in annoyance. A few minutes in, he finally gave up and he reached out for his phone on the bedside table and tried calling Daehyun, but he wasn't answering. After a few more attempts, he threw his phone away and once again, tried to go to sleep.

The noise in the living room died down and he thought that either the variety show ended and now they're watching a drama series, or some of the members already went to their respective rooms. As he was humming some songs to sleep, his phone lit up.

Taehyung struggled to find the source of the light. "Daehyun hyung?"

"If you can, Tae, talk to Baekhyun. He needs you." Daehyung said in a rasping tone.

The call ended without Taehyung having the chance to say anything.

 

~~~

 

Morning came and Baekhyun woke up with a splitting headache. His head was spinning and he was physically snd emotionally exhausted.

Still half asleep, he lazily walked towards the bathroom and there, he saw his entire face was swollen. He splashed water onto his face a few times and went for a quick shower.

Lucky for him, they were given a day off from practice.

Baekhyun went to the living room and he saw Kyungsoo catching up with a drama series. He sat beside Kyungsoo on the couch and snuggled close to the younger. Kyungsoo wrapped his arm around Baekhyun and ran his hand through his hair. The gesture felt very relaxing that Baekhyun closed his eyes and nuzzled into the younger's neck like a puppy.

"There's bacon and eggs in the kitchen," Kyungsoo breathed through his hair.

 

Luhan, Chanyeol and Sehun were circled around the table eating when Baekhyun entered the

Please log in to read the full chapter