Fourteen

[EDITING] Rapprochement: Hyun Family Eomma and Son
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun's on his bed, couldn't sleep and still in deep thought. His phone lit, indicating a call.

"Hello?"

"We need to go out now for Dispatch, Baek."

"I'm coming." 

 

Baekhyun silently went out of the dorm, careful not to wake anyone up. He opened and closed the door of his room ever so gently, and tiptoed his way onto the living room, then towards the front door. He looked around the house before turning the knob, as if mentally preparing himself for what lies for him behind the door.

 

As Baekhyun stepped outside, he pulled his cap closer to his face and tried his best to become inconspicuous. He scanned around for a car and when he did, he cautiously walked over it, anxious with his surroundings. The driver saw Baekhyun through the side mirror and immediately unlocked the doors for him to enter the passenger seat.

He was greeted by the driver's warm smile.

"I'm sorry it took me a while to come out," Baekhyun said while putting on the seatbelt.

"Don't worry, Baek. I didn't wait for long."

Baekhyun fidgeted on his seat, a sign that he's feeling nervous and uncomfortable.

The driver sensed the awkward atmosphere between them. "Are you okay?"

Baekhyun nodded, barely looking at the person beside him.

"Let's do this?" The driver, Kim Taeyeon, squeezed Baekhyun's hand, then released the hand break, and maneuvered the car into the street.

 

         

After a few minutes of driving, Taeyeon parked the car in an empty neighborhood, switched off the engine and adjusted her seat for a more comfortable position. They sat in awkward silence and exchanged faint smiles from time to time. She then noticed Baekhyun on his phone looking distressed.

"Mind telling me what's wrong?" Taeyeon probed gently, not wanting to sound pushy.

Baekhyun debated whether he can entrust Taeyeon with a secret that he couldn't tell his close members, or even Taehyung. He finally thought if they would be spending the next few weeks together, might as well create a harmonious relationship.

Taeyeon waited for Baekhyun to speak up. She wanted to tell him that she can be trusted; however, she knows for a fact that they barely knew each other and she thought might as well let him eventually realize her sincerity. 

Baekhyun stared outside the window, and after some time, faced Taeyeon. "Tae, there's this someone who's really nice and thoughtful, and I feel happy when I'm with h—him. But a part of me thinks that it's not right."

Taeyeon listened intently to Baekhyun's every word and studied his expression. It was different from the Baekhyun that she knew. "Why so?"

"I'm not sure with my feelings for h—him yet." 

Taeyeon noticed how Baekhyun stuttered with the gender of this person he's been having interest in. Not that Taeyeon minded, because she's open with those kind of relationships. "If he's this special, then what's wrong with that?"                   

Baekhyun sighed because he's still confused with his feelings.

                                                                                                    

 ~~~

 

Baekhyun groaned when he woke up. He wasn't supposed to sleep because he's been told to spend extra hours practicing. His body wasn't cooperating with him, so he still laid on his bed and blankly stared at the ceiling. After a few minutes of boring his gaze on the cream colored ceiling above him, he finally decided to stand up and he lazily walked his way out.

When Baekhyun opened the door, he saw Chanyeol walking towards the living room. He tried to call out to him, but Chanyeol turned into a corner. He eventually gave up and went to the bathroom for a quick shower.

                                                                                                                       

Baekhyun didn't know if he should be thankful or not for the reason that he saw Chanyeol as he was on his way towards his room. He avoided eye contact as they walked pass each other on the corridor. They were already a room apart when Chanyeol stopped walking, and turned to face his bestfriend.

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol whispered, making Baekhyun stop in his tracks. Baekhyun immediately faced his friend; Chanyeol inched his way forward.

Baekhyun froze on his spot,

Please log in to read the full chapter