Eleven

[EDITING] Rapprochement: Hyun Family Eomma and Son
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Everyone on the EXO dorm are busy packing and checking their belongings for their flight to Shanghai. Junmyeon, the boys' mother, has been nagging his children the night before to pack their luggage in advance, although they need not bring a lot since they will be only overseas for one day and their clothes and make up lie on the hands of their coordinators. 

 

Sehun is slacking off on the couch when Chanyeol passed by, "You done with packing?" Chanyeol asked the younger.

"Chanyeol hyung, aren't you being too harsh on Baekhyun hyung?" Sehun muttered as Chanyeol joined him in the couch, grabbing the younger's choco milk. 

"What?" Chanyeol spoke after he took a sip of Sehun's milk. On the second long sip, the sound of a near empty drink can be heard.

Sehun's face reddened with anger when he saw the carton of his choco milk indenting inwards with every sip. "Hyung!" Sehun roughly grabbed the drink from Chanyeol's hand and shook it to check its contents.

Chanyeol dashed out because you shouldn't mess with the bratty maknae.

 

 

Baekhyun laughed as the sound of their whining maknae reverberated to their walk-in closet. He is sorting through his clothes when he saw a hoodie that doesn't seem to belong amongst his.                                                             

He recalled that once he mistakenly took Kris' hoodie so he came to his room. "Dhuizang hyung, is this yours?" Baekhyun asked as he spotted Kris going through his skin care products.                                                     

"Let me see." Kris unfolded the hoodie and inspected the front and the back of the fabric.                                                                                                    

"I think this is not mine. Must be Chanyeol's since we're the same height and this is also his style." Kris gave the hoodie back to Baekhyun and proceeded to pack his hand carry luggage.

Baekhyun laid the hoodie on his bed, thinking what to do with it. He finally resolved to keep it for the meantime because he wasn't ready to speak to Chanyeol yet. He neatly folded the hoodie and finished packing.

 

 

"What the—" Chanyeol felt his heart drop when he entered his room and saw Sehun on his laptop, threatening to delete his compositions.

"If this is about the choco milk, I will buy you a week's worth." Chanyeol put his hands up as if saying he surrenders.

Sehun's finger hovered over the delete button. "Month. Take it or I'll press this," the maknae smirked.

"Fine. Now go away." Chanyeol pulled Sehun out of the bed, careful not to frighten the latter since he might accidentally push the button.

Sehun held out his right hand for a pinky promise, in which Chanyeol grumpily obliged.

"I was just being the good friend by asking you about Baekhyun hyung, but you finished my drink." Sehun pouted.

Chanyeol brushed his fingers over his hair. "I'm sorry, okay?"

He tried to shrug the topic off but Sehun was persistent. "I've noticed lately you're ignoring him. I know because you two are always beside each other, playing and bickering."

Chanyeol absentmindedly went through his already packed luggage as Sehun talked about how different they are now as compared to their predebut, debut and Mama period.

"Are you listening to me, hyung?" Chanyeol snapped out of his thought when Sehun growled at him.                                                                    

"What I'm trying to say is, can't you see Baekhyun hyung is having a hard time because of how you're treating him?" Sehun voiced out in a more gentle tone.

His conversation with Taehyung suddenly flashed into his mind, the younger told him about not wanting to see your friends sad.

Sehun saw in Chanyeol's expression that he is in deep thought, so the younger walked out of the room with a victorious smile.

 

 

 

May 11, 2014 | Shanghai Comeback Showcase

 

After EXO K's game, Baekhyun walked towards the chairs to find a seat. He noticed Chanyeol on the far side, so he had second thoughts if he should take the seat nearest to where he's currently standing or walk towards him and grab the opportunity to talk. When his eyes wandered to where Chanyeol was seated, he suddenly locked eyes with him, as if Chanyeol was waiting. Chanyeol beamed and patted the seat next to him for Baekhyun to take.

 

Baekhyun wasn't sure why he's feeling awkward seated next to Chanyeol. The fact that they were not in good terms made it worse. He can feel his face heating up, the ventilation in the venue isn't helping. He distracted himself by drawing doodles on his paper.

"Are you drawing yourself?" The person who sat next to him whispered over the noise of the crowd.

"No," Baekhyun showed his drawing for Chanyeol to see. "This looks more like you," Baekhyun teased.

Chanyeol grabbed the marker from Baekhyun's hand and drew his share of doodles. They went on for a while until they were called to stand in line.

                                                                                                    

Baekhyun's mood shoot up like a rocket. He is back with his antics on stage, with Chanyeo

Please log in to read the full chapter