Number 1

Wolf School 2

 

Chapter 47

“Feeling better?”

Kris's voice was low and intimate in Chen's ear even as Lay sat watching them. His hand was still on Chen's cheek, gently easing the pain and bruising left from when he was attacked.

He made a small grunting sound of agreement.

“Thank you for letting him heal you.” Kris's arms tightened around his waist.

Chen smiled a little and patted his hand. All this healing was making him sleepy. Or maybe it was just because his lover was wrapped all around him getting in Lay's way.

“I hate seeing you hurt.”

“I know,” mumbled Chen.

He felt Lay's fingers slip from his cheek and looked up sleepily. The healer wolf was looking tired. He had been working hard to help them all recover even with Jeonghan's occsasional help. He rubbed a hand across his eyes.

“You're tired,” said Chen. “You should go home.”

“Are you sure you're feeling better?” asked Kris worriedly.

“I'm fine. Besides if Lay doesn't stop he'll probably pass out.”

“I'm...” Lay yawned widely, “…fine.”

Kris chuckled, the sound vibrating against Chen's back where he leant against him. “Go home, Lay. I'll take care of him from here.”

Lay made to move but stopped on the edge of the couch. “What about Chanyeol and Baekhyun? Shouldn't I check on them?”

“Chanyeol's in the shower and I'm pretty sure Baekhyun's asleep. Their injuries weren't bad anyway.”

“He's still sleeping?”

“He hasn't been out of his room since yesterday,” said Chen, “unless he was out while we were with Luhan and Xiumin.”

Kris shrugged. “He went through a lot. I don't think we should pressure him right now.”

Chen frowned but didn't disagree. Still, he would go and check on his friend soon, when he wasn't so sleepy.

“Hey, do you know if Suho's still having a birthday party or anything?”

“I think he's just doing something quiet,” said Kris, “just for the pack.”

Lay nodded and stood. “I was just wondering, that's all. Maybe it'll be good just being us after everything that's happened.”

He said goodbye to his packmates and returned to his own dorm. His legs felt heavy and he must have yawned at least five times on the short journey. When he opened the door he was so bleary eyed that he didn't notice the pair of shoes lying in wait to trip him and stumbled clumsily.

Even as he braced himself against the wall an arm went around his waist and he looked up to find Sehun looking at him in concern.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just tired.”

“Did Chen need that much healing?”

“He was pretty beaten up. I was tired anyway.”

“You've been working too hard.”

Lay smiled dreamily as he toed off his shoes, still leaning against Sehun who hadn't removed his arm.

“Come on, you should rest.”

He guided his boyfriend back to their bedroom where they lay down together, Lay's head on Sehun's shoulder. He closed his eyes and snuggled against him with a happy sigh.

“You're comfy.”

Sehun laughed softly. “Glad to hear it.

They were silent for a while before Sehun spoke again. He knew he should be letting Lay rest but his conversation with Suho about how insecure he was feeling had been weighing heavily on his mind and he just couldn't help himself.

“Lay?” he said in barely more than a whisper.

“Mmm?”

“Do you still love me?”

A smile on his lover's face. “Of course I do.” He tightened his grip around his waist affectionately.

“But wasn't it more exciting when we were sneaking around? When we first got together?”

“I guess,” Lay answered warily after a pause. What was Sehun getting at? Was he bored of them? No, that couldn't be it. Sehun was too sweet for that. Lay pushed the thought aside.

“We're still fun, aren't we?”

Nervously Sehun ran his fingers up Lay's bare arm and made him twitch. He still his hand instantly, worrying that he was bothering him.

“Of course we're fun.”

Lay finally forced his eyes open and looked up at him through sleepy, hooded eyes. “You're my Sehunnie.”

He reached a lazy hand up to trail a finger down Sehun's cheek and smiled. They kissed briefly before Lay was nuzzling back against him and yawning again.

“I love you, Sehun.”

“You don't want anyone else?”

The tight tone to his lover's question made him frown. He had a suspicion that Sehun's adorable jealousy about Jeonghan was starting to make him feel insecure. Even though that was one of the stupidest things in the world.

“I want you,” Lay told him.

Despite the exhaustion wracking his very bones, he lifted himself up and kissed Sehun firmly and soundly. He wanted him to know that he wouldn't cheat on him. As if there should even be a question of that.

“Are you sure?”

Sehun's voice was small and he seemed suddenly very young.

He's never been in love before, Lay reminded himself. Of course he's insecure.

He smiled at him gently. “I'm sure. There's no one else I would ever want.”

He watched as Sehun's wary gaze turned a little less uncertain. He still didn't seem to trust his lover's words though.

Lay moved so that he was on his side, making Sehun turn to face him. “Baby, tell me what I can do to make you feel better.”

Sehun shrugged. He really didn't know. He had thought Lay's words would be enough but something still felt wrong.

“I just feel like I've hardly seen you lately,” he whispered.

“We see each other every day.”

“I know but...” Sehun shrugged and looked down, embarrassed. He felt like he was being childish. “It just doesn’t feel the same.”

Lay kissed him, hoping to remove the frown on his face. When it didn't work he did it again. And again. And again. Until Sehun had started to smile shyly and ducked his head.

“You're so cute,” Lay told him with a laugh in his voice. He pulled Sehun to him and snuggled against him.

“I'll make it better,” he told him even though he really wasn't sure what he was going to do. He just knew Sehun had to be his number one priority from now on.

 

 

I haven't been excited about writing Exo lately, I don't know why, but that's no excuse for leaving you hanging on this.

I had a little think about SeLay earlier and got excited to write about them being cute which is how this happened.

Wolf School 2 is almost done and then who knows... Xiuharem season 3?

That sounds exciting!