Basketball

Wolf School 2

 

Chapter 35

The next day, after they had woken up in a heap in Kai and Kyungsoo's bed, Chen and the others had pulled their clothes on and returned to their own dorm. Chanyeol and Baekhyun commandeered the shower first leaving Kris and Chen to eat before switching with them.

Kris had been exceptionally affectionate since the second he had woken up. Chen found it adorable how he kept asking if he was okay and was touching him almost every second. They spent quite a lot of time cuddled up in bed together until Kris finally left him alone to go to the bathroom and Chen escaped to get a drink.

“Hi,” said Baekhyun as soon as he reached the kitchen. “How are you?”

Chen dropped his head back and looked at the ceiling but he was smiling. “Not you too.”

“I was just checking. It's the first time you've been with someone other Kris.”

“Yeah, well it's not like we did anything really.”

“You saw me .” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows playfully and earned himself a slap on the arm.

“Chanyeol!” he whined.

“Nothing to do with me.” Chanyeol didn't turn around from where he was pulling food out of the fridge. “You were the one in heat.”

“Yeah, that was weird,” he admitted. “It just came out of no where.”

“Maybe you didn't notice because you were drinking.”

“Speaking of drinking,” Chen said as he took a seat at the table, “how did we even have enough beer last night? There were so many people there.”

“I didn't even recognise half of them.” Baekhyun pulled up a chair beside him just as Kris found them and immediately sat closer to Chen than was really necessary.

“Things got a little out of hand,” Chen admitted. “It was a fun party though.”

“Do you two want something to eat?” Chanyeol asked over his shoulder.

Kris's stomach rumbled.

“I'll take that as a yes,” he laughed. “Why don't we watch a movie or something? I can't be bothered with anything involving more energy today.”

“Good plan,” Kris agreed.

“Why don't you go choose one?” asked Chen. “I'm not really bothered what we watch.”

Kris agree and kissed his cheek before leaving.

“Has he left you alone for more than five minutes since last night?” Baekhyun asked with a bit of a smirk on his mouth.

“Not really.”

“You love it, don't you?”

“Little bit.”

“Was he okay with last night?” he asked, “I mean, after everything with 's dreams over here.” He nodded his head at Chanyeol.

“I'm over it,” Chanyeol said flatly, tossing a tiny frozen carrot at his boyfriend's head.

“Yeah, it's fine,” Chen laughed. “It kind of broke the ice or something. He's just being affectionate, not jealous.”

Baekhyun yawned and stretched. “Good. I could not deal with any more of your drama.”

Another slap on the arm and another yelp from Baekhyun. Again he whined to his boyfriend but Chanyeol was already cooking and his reprimand was lacklustre at best.

Sticking his tongue out at the other omega, Baekhyun took his boyfriend's advice to go and join Kris in the living room until their food was ready.


 

Sunday morning found half the pack at the nearby park. Kris, Tao, Luhan and Lay were playing basketball with a few wolves from other packs. Jeonghan was one of them which was a fact Sehun had not failed to notice as he sat watching.

“Why don't you go play with them if it bothers you so much?” asked Chanyeol with a nudge. Baekhyun was beside him, Chen's arm linked through his own.

“I'm not bothered,” he said unconvincingly.

“Shut up,” Baekhyun laughed at him. “You've practically turned green.”

“I thought you talked about this with him.” Chen leant forward to see past Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “You know Lay would never cheat on you.”

“I know,” Sehun grumbled, “but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy watching them got along so well.”

“Of course they do, they're both healers. Lay said Jeonghan's family has a few healers in it so he's actually more experienced than Lay. He could probably teach him a lot.”

“I'm fine with that. I just wish he wasn't so pretty.”

Baekhyun giggle. “Oh my God, you're so jealous.”

“Shut up!” Sehun reached past Chanyeol to hit him but didn't quite reach. He gave up with a growl. At that moment in time the basketball players had taken a break and his boyfriend was talking to the other wolf in question while they grabbed some water.

He knew he was being ridiculous but since Lay had been sick they had barely touched each other and it was making him irrational. Maybe he would be able to fix that later.


 

“Xiumin!”

At the sound of his name Xiumin stopped and spun around. He had been on the way down to the park to meet with the others when he had heard his name in that familiar voice and his heart jumped into his throat.

“Changmin,” he breathed.

The other wolf looked a little frantic as he hurried up to him but Xiumin took a wary step back. He was glad they were outside where anyone could see them. That meant Changmin was less likely to try something.

“What's wrong?” he asked.

“Minseok's pack,” he said, “they haven't been seen since I left, right?”

“O-of course not.” The face of one of his pack members flashed across Xiumin's mind but he had convinced himself since the party that he hadn't seen him there.

“They left when your pack fought them off. Last I heard they weren't even in Seoul.”

“Good, it's just… I think I just saw one of them. Hanbyun or Hanbyul or something. I couldn't catch him before he disappeared.”

Xiumin's stomach tightened into a knot. He knew the wolf vaguely. He had moved out of their dorm and into Changmin's as his Pet when Hanbyun joined. He wasn't sure he had even attended their school but he had fought with Minseok's pack.

“You must have been mistaken,” he said. His throat was dry and it was hard to get the words out. Why would they come back? And even if they did they wouldn't just crash parties and wander around the school. No, he and Changmin both had to be wrong.

“I'm sure it was him,” Changmin said though he suddenly sounded less sure.

“I don't think so. I'm sure it'll be fine. I mean, maybe it was him but he's left the pack.” Xiumin shrugged. That easily could have happened.

“I just want you to be careful, okay?”

Xiumin stepped away again before Changmin could touch him. He swallowed hard before speaking.

“Look, I said I didn't want to see you any more and Kris and Suho told you to make a decision so...”

“How can I make a decision like that. You know I still love you, Xiumin.”

“Stop.” Xiumin held up a hand to silence him but couldn't look at his ex. He hated hurting him like this. He wanted to make him feel happy and loved like he had in the past but now there was Luhan too and he couldn't bear the thought of hurting him either. Luhan had never let him down like Changmin had. Maybe that was why he had been so willing to pretend Changmin had never happened.

“I have to go,” he said quietly. “Don't follow me.”

“Promise me you'll be careful.”

“I promise.”

And before Changmin could say anything else he turned and walked away. He was still thinking about what Changmin had said when he arrived at the park. His footsteps slowed as he realised he had arrived.

When he lifted his head he saw that Luhan was playing basketball. He must have felt his gaze because at that moment Luhan looked over at him and smiled. Xiumin smiled back and felt Changmin disappear from his thoughts in a flash.

 

Finally finished this chapter! Wooo! *collapses*