Confrontation

Wolf School 2

 

Chapter 16

Chanyeol had already realised Baekhyun wasn't there when he woke up but he didn't worry about it until the door opened quietly and he realised Baekhyun was gathering his clothes rather than getting back into bed. He opened his eyes with a soft groan and checked the time. He wasn't late. Wait, Baekhyun was carrying his clothes out of the room rather than getting dressed there. That was odd.

“Baekhyun?” He lifted his head and rubbed at his eyes. “What's up?”

His boyfriend ignored him and left the room. Chanyeol frowned wondering if he hadn't heard somehow.

He found him a short while later, fully dressed and sitting on the coach. He was staring at the far wall.

“Sweetie?” Chanyeol sat beside him and tried to put an arm around his shoulders. He was instantly worried by how blank Baekhyun's expression was. “What's wrong?”

Baekhyun shrugged him off and swallowed tightly. He moved a little further away.

“Did I do something?”

He snorted.

“Baek, talk to me.”

“I don't want to.”

“Why?”

Silence. Baekhyun's bottom lip trembled slightly and he had to bite it to hide the tell-tale movement from his boyfriend.

“I'm worried about you.”

“Are you?” He snapped, unable to help himself. “Are you sure you wouldn't rather just go talk to Chen instead?”

Chanyeol moved back as if he had been slapped. His eyes went wide with confusion. “Wh-what do you mean? What does Chen have to do with anything?”

“Don't pretend like you don't want him. I've seen the way you've been with him lately. You're all over him.”

It took a minute for Chanyeol to register Baekhyun's accusation and by that time Baekhyun was already up on his feet. Chanyeol stumbled after him. He tried to grab his arm but found himself shook off.

“Don't bother.” Baekhyun's voice had turned tight, tears threatening again. “I don't want to talk about it.”

“Baekhyun, I swear I haven't done anything with Chen. Where are you getting this from?”

“Just leave me alone.”

“Baekhyun, I promise. Please talk to me.” Chanyeol didn't try to hide his desperation but Baekhyun wasn't ready to talk about it yet. He didn't even know if he could look his partner in the eye without completely breaking down.

He had sat up with Kris the night before and told him everything through his tears. It had been exhausting. Kris had soothed him though. Held him in his arms and his back until he was calm again. He had held himself together better even though he was clearly angry. Baekhyun had had to tell him so many times that he didn't think anything had happened yet and Chen didn't seem to have a clue what was going on. He hadn't started to blame Chen for any of it yet and he wanted to keep it that way. It was Chanyeol who had hurt him.

He turned away again and grabbed his school bag off the ground. He would be early but at least he wouldn't be in the dorm anymore.

“Baekhyun?” Kris's calm, concerned voice had him looking back. “Are you okay?”

He nodded, lowering his head to hide his watery eyes. Kris's eyes fell to Chanyeol and narrowed slightly.

“Chen?” he called without looking away.

“What?” Chen poked his head out from the doorway to their bedroom. There was still tension between them. Just a glance could show that but Chen immediately became aware of the way Kris was looking at Chanyeol and knew it meant nothing good.

“Are you ready?”

“Um… yeah?”

“Can you walk with Baekhyun?”

It was more of an order than a request but one glance at Baekhyun's hunched shoulders and trembling bottom lip told him not to argue.

“Sure,” he agreed. He scooped up his bag and went to join his friend with only a glance at Chanyeol as he walked past. His friend seemed to be trying very hard not to look at him.

As soon as they were gone Chanyeol headed towards the bathroom. He needed to get ready as quickly as possible and follow them. This whole thing was ridiculous. He hadn't done anything with Chen. Being attracted to someone wasn't a crime and it was just a physical thing anyway. The only person he loved was Baekhyun.

He had only made it a couple of steps before Kris was there. He grabbed him suddenly and slammed him against the wall, pressing his arm across his chest to hold him in place. Chanyeol's initial shock gave way to a growl as Kris leant in close, his eyes a fierce shade of red.

“If you've tried anything with my mate I swear you'll regret it.”

“He's my packmate,” Chanyeol responded. “We're allowed to do stuff together.”

He choked loudly as Kris grabbed him by the throat and began to squeeze. His large hand closed tightly enough to hold him in place, probably leaving bruises.

“Have you touched him?” Kris demanded.

“No,” Chanyeol choked out. He reached up to hold onto his alpha's arm but didn't try to pull him away. He knew his own eyes had already turned red at the sudden attack.

“But you want to. Baekhyun knows everything.” His grip tightened. “He came to me crying last night about how you want to my boyfriend.”

Chanyeol gritted his teeth and tried to show respect by not growling even though the urge to fight back was building up inside him.

“You were his name in your sleep. Baekhyun heard ever word of it.”

Chanyeol blanched. He had dreamt of Chen the night before but it had been the first time and he hadn't realised that he had been sleep talking. Nothing had happened between them, though. Kris and Baekhyun couldn't accuse him of anything other than an attraction that he hadn't even tried to act upon.

“I haven't touched him,” he growled. “I can't help my subconscious.”

“Well, you better learn to. He's off limits.”

“You're a possessive . You can't keep him to yourself forever. He's not a pet.” He spat the last word, knowing it was too extreme but wanting to hurt Kris anyway, even if it ended up insulting Chen more.

Kris growled at the idea that his mate was nothing more than a toy to him and not even a real, respected pack member but he didn't say anything. Instead he leant in even closer and his tone turned dangerous.

“I'm possessive? And what if I told you that Baekhyun crawled into bed with me last night and just begged me to make him forget all about you.”

Chanyeol's face fell and his heart seemed to stop for a moment. His hands trembled around Kris's wrist. He couldn't even bring himself to react when Kris leant in to whisper in his ear.

“The things he can do with that mouth.”

Chanyeol snapped. With a roar of anger he tore Kris's hand from his throat and grabbed him. He slammed him hard enough against the wall to knock the breath out of him for a moment.

“I'm going to ing kill you!”

Kris held his hands up before Chanyeol could land a punch and managed to shout, “I didn't ing touch him! I wouldn't take advantage of him like that, you stupid bastard.”

Chanyeol's eyes were still red but he paused for a second. “You didn't?”

“No, of course not. I just wanted you to realise how I felt last night when I thought you had tried something with Chen.”

“But I haven't touched him.”

“And you better keep it that way.” He shoved Chanyeol away and straightened out his shirt which had been creased by the other wolf's vicious grip. His voice calmed, softening a little now that he had reclaimed Chen as his own. “Baekhyun was really heartbroken, Yeol. He thinks you don't want him anymore.”

“But that's stupid. Why would he think that?”

Kris pushed himself away from the wall. “I don't know but you need to be careful with him right now. And Chanyeol?”

The other wolf looked up at his alpha's stern expression.

“Stay away from my mate.”

 

Kris ain't havng none of your , Chanyeol!

Thank you for all the amazing comments last time. I was so excited! you all obviously love drama and angst as much as me.