Made of Glass

Wolf School 2

This took forever. Okay, ChenRis! Here we go...

 

Chapter 13

Kris arrived back at the dorm to find Chen sitting under Chanyeol's protective arm on the couch. A rush of relief swept over him even as his boyfriend seemed to shrink against their friend as soon as the door opened. He hurried over to him, his long legs carrying him in just a few steps, and dropped down to his knees.

Grabbing Chen's hands in his own he looked up at him desperately. “Baby, I'm so sorry. I was so worried about you.”

“I'm fine,” Chen sniffed.

Chanyeol's grip tightened.

“Can we just talk, please? I didn't plan for anything to happen last night. Luhan just turned up and I couldn't help it with the heat. I'm so sorry.”

Seeing Chanyeol's hand tightening on Chen's shoulder Baekhyun quickly intervened. He pressed up against Chanyeol for a moment and then took his wrist and tugged at it gently but insistently.

“Maybe we should leave them alone for a bit.”

“But-”

He widened his eyes at his boyfriend and gave him a look that told him they definitely shouldn't say. Chanyeol seemed to see reason and allowed himself to be pulled away but couldn't resist telling Chen to call for them if he needed anything before leaving.

Finally alone, Kris moved up onto the couch and cradled Chen against his chest as the boy began to sniff quietly.

“Sweetie, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me.”

Chen rubbed at his eyes and eased away even though he had to admit it felt nice to be held.

“Would you rather have him than me?”

“What!?” The question hit Kris like a punch in the chest. “No! Of course not. Chen, I love you.”

“What about when you're in heat?” His boyfriend looked up at him, his mouth pressed tightly shut and his eyes watery but demanding. His shock and upset was quickly giving way to anger now that he had had time to think about everything.

“N-no, it wasn't like that.”

“Then why don't you want me when you're in heat?”

Kris blinked. “I thought you were okay with that,” he said sounding confused.

“Yeah, months ago when I was still getting used to being in heat and stuff but not now.”

“Oh, then you should have said something.”

“You should have known,” Chen answered defensively. “I'm supposed to be your mate but you don't even want to sleep with me.”

“That's not true.” Kris rubbed his arms soothingly but Chen leant back and looked away. “We have all the time.”

Chen pouted. “I know you want more than that.”

“Chen, where is this coming from?” Kris leant in closer but the proximity made Chen pull away. He waved his hands at Kris as he stood like he was trying to keep him away.

“Just forget about it. I don't want to talk about it.”

“Baby, wait!”

Kris caught him and had turned him around before he had even taken two steps. “Tell me what's wrong and I'll fix it. Please don't think for a second that I don't want you.”

Chen softened a little. “I know you love me but you're always trying to protect me and I don't need protecting from you. Anything we do together is fine so long as you're there.”

If he was being honest Kris had probably always known that he was too protective of Chen, especially in bed, but he had thought his lover enjoyed it. It made his stomach knot horribly to think what he could do to him when one of them was in heat. Chen had been a who had never even been in heat just over six months ago. Maybe he wasn't ready for anything too… adventurous yet.

“I don't want to hurt you.”

“I'll be fine,” Chen whined, fighting the urge to stamp his feet in frustration.

“Didn't you see Luhan? The bruises on him? I don't ever want to hurt you like that.” he remembered the one time he had accidentally bitten Chen while fighting with Suho before they had become one pack and it made his heart ache to think of doing it again, especially in bed where Chen was so vulnerable and trusting of him.

Chen had to swallow hard and couldn't look at him for a few seconds because yes, he had seen Luhan, and he hated to think of what Kris had been doing with him that had caused those passionate marks.

“You won't hurt me,” he insisted through gritted teeth. “Just because I've had problems shifting doesn't mean I'm not a wolf. I can do anything the others can do.”

“I didn't say that.”

“But you meant it. That's why you wouldn't think twice about sleeping with someone else but you won't let me do what I'm supposed to do as your mate.”

Kris could feel the whole conversation spiralling out of control and tried to speak soothingly. “Chen, it's not about that. I'm sorry I've been so protective. It has nothing to do with you not being a proper wolf. You know I don't think that.”

His boyfriend shook his head and stepped back.

“Baby, please.” He was desperate now. “I promise next time one of us is in heat I won't push you away.”

“Really?”

“Really. Please don't be mad at me.”

He closed the gap between them and leant down to kiss Chen who softened for a second before pulling away.

“You smell like Luhan,” he said so quietly that Kris barely heard him. He swallowed tightly and stepped back in embarrassment.

“I'm sorry. I'll shower straight away. I promise it won't happen again.”

“We're supposed to sleep with our packmates,” Chen told him in a voice that was unreadable. Kris couldn't tell if he was angry or upset or hurt at all. “I just wish you would tell me when you do.” He looked down. “And that you would use me instead.”

“I would never use you.” Kris cupped his jaw and made him look up but Chen averted his tired gaze. “And there's never been anyone else. That was the only time, I promise.”

Finally Chen looked up and saw desperate honesty in his lover's eyes. He nodded and slipped out of his grip. “Fine. I believe you. You should go shower.”

“Are you sure we're okay?” Kris really didn't think they were. He was used to Chen being upset, whining, getting frustrated or angry even but not this defeated lifelessness. It was like he was shutting himself off from Kris and he didn't know how to get him back. Had he really messed up that badly?


 

After he had showered Kris got dressed quietly because Chen had managed to fall asleep and then went to the kitchen. He hadn't had anything to eat and his stomach was rumbling. Chen would be hungry too but he didn't want to wake him. He wasn't sure what to do. He had only been in the kitchen a couple of minutes before Baekhyun interrupted him.

“Are you and Chen okay now?”

Kris busied himself with his meal and sighed. “I don't know. He's sleeping but I think he's still mad at me. He's not really talking.”

Baekhyun leant back against the table and folded his arms. “You need to stop treating him like he's made of glass. Just because he's an omega doesn't mean you need to protect him all the time.”

“I thought he liked me protecting him.”

“Of course he does, he loves it, but not when it stops him from experiencing other things.”

“What do you mean?”

Baekhyun cocked his head and gave him a tired look. “Do you two ever have anything other than romantic missionary position in bed?”

Kris's skin burned with embarrassment and irritation that the omega was talking to his alpha that way. It was also pretty much true. Chen had never tried for anything more, letting Kris take the lead, and his lover could still be so unpredictably nervous sometimes that he hadn't wanted to try anything else. Not that his imagination hadn't given him plenty of ideas.

“Look,” Baekhyun sighed, “you need to give him a little more. Just because he's cute and inexperienced and, okay I'll admit, pretty sensitive doesn't mean he doesn't want to try new things. He trusts you, Kris, and if you don't stop wrapping him up in cotton wool even with you then someone else is going to give him what you won't.”

The alpha's head snapped up at that and a low growl started in his throat at the idea of anyone else taking Chen to bed without his permission.

“What do you mean?” he demanded.

Baekhyun pushed himself off the table and headed for the door. “Just trust me,” he said as he left. “I know what I'm talking about.”

 

What do you think will happen next with the whole Kris/Chen/Yeol/Baek love square?

Next chapter should be more ChangXiuHan. i bet ChangXiu never had any problems like this in bed *wink wink* *nudge nudge*